Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:18 pm
((**Edited, Again! I added a whole other section to this post just cause it fit right at the end.))
((Here's part one, Part two will be up when my mind can properly form words again. warning, this was only lightly proofread.))
((*Edit: Also, idk what the plan was for Mega evolution or Mega-stones. If this post throws a wrench into any laters plans for them, let me know and ill edit this.))
Lumiose City

'Psh, you wont tell people you don't know me, I'm too awesome' Levi mentally shouted as he darted through back allies and parkouring over over turned dumpsters. The back alleys of lumiose were as familiar to the youth as where the mechanics of a lock. With the Gotengo visited, Levi's last stop before heading towards Cyllage city was the police station on North Boulevard.

Turning a corner on Hibernal Ave. into the ally connecting it to Rouge plaza, Levi was brought up short. Infront of him was a gang of punks, one he was familiar with.

"Wel well well, look-y what we got here..." Sheva, with her short cropped pink hair cooed, sauntering closre to Levi's personal space. "If it aint the little rat who ratted us out to the police." Her eyes were slits now.

"Sorry, not my fault I caught you guys plundering a sporting goods store. I was just doing my civic duty by informing the police." He said with a shrug, a small smile threatening to pull at the corners of his lips. leaning to the left to get a better look at the group of punks situated throughout the ally behind Sheva, Levi said, "I though there were more of your guys, what happened, split up after that silver haired foreigner whopped you guys in a battle?" By now, Levi was sporting a full on cocky grin.

He already knew what happened, after he let Laura in on this group of punks previous hideout in an abandoned shop over on Bleu plaza, they've been searching for higher end Pokemon to sell to buy new diggs for a hideout. That was, until they were caught by the lumiose police force atop a commercial hotel. a little less than half the group where apprehended in the ensuing scuffle.

"Tch, yea, Trevor, 'burg, and a few others got taken down to booking. Not that its any of your business either way, so if you could be a doll and leave your Pokemon and valuables right there, we wouldn't want that pretty little youthful face of yours all scared up, would we?" Sheva drawled on with a sickening level of faux concern.

Levi's cocky smile vanished from his features, replaced with a calculating one. His eyes looking over each individual punk, calculating his odds of success. He was treating this like any other job, if his odds wernt at least 55% or higher, he'd pass. But turning and running would take just as much energy as continuing on his current course, and the way he figured it, he had at least a 60% winning odds with this venture.

"Yeaaaaaaa, im gonna have to pass. Thanks anyways."

faking a exasperated sigh, Sheva grinned and in one violent movement ripped two pokeball from her pockets before letting them loose towards Levi's direction. Levi wasn't far behind, two of his own pokeballs were flung into the space between himself and Sheva as well.

Levi's Frogaider, Jiraiya as well as his Noibat, Rhyme took to the field, facing off against Sheva's Sawk and Skorupi.

"Kids these days, just dont know how to shut up and get robbed. Sawk, Low sweep! Sko, Poison sting!" Sheva called, a crazed look in her eyes. a Few of the punks from behind her took out pokeballs as well, but backed off when Sheva whipped her head to the side to glare at them. "Stay the ******** back, this little s**t is mine!" She had a vendetta against Levi, see, she had this crazy theory that everything that's happened to them as of late stemmed from him. The loss of there base when the police showed up (that actually was caused by Levi,) all the way to when they got there asses handed to them by Zach, as well as the loss of a quarter of their members atop the commercial hotel after the extremely short battle against TK.

Needless to say, she was swoobat crazy.

Smirking, Levi called out his orders. "Jiraiya, Smoke screen! Rhyme, Gust!"

[Yes, Master!] Jiraiya responded, immidietly creating a Smoke screen around him, which was picked up by Rhymes gust and cast over the entirety of the squad of punks.

When the smoke cleared, Sheva's Sawk was standing where Levi and his two Pokemon had been just moments prior, having landed there at the end of his low sweep attack. The barrage of stingers launched by the Skorupi also having missed. But the youth as well as his Frogadier and Noibat where no where to be seen.

"Wha-...Where the he-" Sheva began, her blood still running hot from the incredibly brief Pokemon battle.

"Thanks for the cash, see you later!" Levi called, tossing a wallet he nicked off one of the punks in his open palm. Looking up, the group of punks would see the preteen atop a building he had scaled while they were blinded by the smoke screen. Not only was he able to scale the residential building in that brief amount of time, he was also able to pickpocket a wallet of an unknowing punk.

Shaking with rage, Shave started screeching up towards the roof top, "You get your thieving little as-" Levi didn't hear the rest of her rant as he sped across the rooftops of lumiose towards North Boulevard.

[Well done master, quick as ever.] Jiraiya gushed, sprinting along side his trainer in a very ninja-esque fashion.

[did you see me?! did you see me!? I was all high-ya! before went all Air bender on them!] Ryhme screeched, flying right next to Levi's face.

"C'mon Rhyme, we talked about this, personal space." the preteen complained waving his hand to get the Noibat out of his personal space.

Lumiose - Police Station - North Boulevard

"Welcome to Lumiose City Police sta- Oh, Its only you Levi." Deputy Tessa, a short mousy looking girl with curly brown hair greeted Levi as he entered the police station. She regarded him with a smile as he sauntered in, lowering his hood.

"Aw! Im offended, Tessa, what do you mean, Only me? Dont i make your day brighter just by entering your presence?!" Levi asked, mach offended.

"You wish," Deputy Tessa said with a smile, rolling her eyes. "And that's Deputy Tessa to you, sneak thief."

"Yea yea, And ill start calling you Deputy Tessa, then next week you'll complain that you don't like the way it sounds and tell me to just call you Tessa."

"Yea yea, you need me to let you in to see chief Laura?"

"Nah, I still have the key I nicked off Walter last week." Levi explained strolling deeper into the police station like it was his home. Although, it might as well have been, Laura put in redicoulus amount of hours so he usually ended up picking up take out and eating it in her office as she complained about baddies, officiously getting advice from he delinquent nephew.

"Laura, its me~!" Levi sang as we opened the door to the office, just barely ducking out of the way as a ceramic mug that was aimed for his head shattered against the wood of the door frame. "What the-Hell-" The pre-teen started to complain.

"Don't 'What the hell' me Idjit! Look at this!" His Aunt Laura, a woman of average height with a lean figure and long soft brain hair that was usually pulled into a pony tail shouted at him. shoving a manilla folder at Levi. Opening it the youth groaned, letting the folder flop open onto Laura's desk. Inside the folder was colored photograph of himself. But that wasnt all, it was of him pickpocketing the whiny trashy noble earlier that day.

"I seriously didn't think I got caught..." Levi mumbled, glancing at the pictures one last time before plopping down into his favorite of the two chairs that were situated in front of Laura's desk.

"Well, ya thought wrong. i thought eve someone as bone headed as you knew how good the camera's are at the gates separating the routes are!" Laura complained, sitting into her own chair behind her desk.

By now, the rest of the deputies and other office workers in the police department were used to loud arguments and objects breaking in Chief Laura's office when ever her nephew visited that no one even batted an eye or thought anything strange when the ceramic mug made a reverberating crashing sound, followed up by the loud ensuing argument.

"So?" Laura prompted.

"So what?" Levi responded casually.

"So what'd you do with the cash you nicked off that noble brat?" Laura asked, rolling her eyes. When Levi cast his gaze elsewhere, she sighed, already knowing the answer.

"Look, Levi, you gotta stop stealing for the Gotengo. I already let it fly under the radar and keep it out of the spot light, but if you keep doing this for it, I wont be able to. It'll be treated the same as those groups of punks cropping up every where." Laura was cool with the existence of the Gotengo. It kept the kids from doing to much stupid s**t out in the streets of Lumiose. She figured if the kids got what ever it was out of their systems now, then when they got older they wouldn't start getting all curious about this and that, when it would stain they're record permanently if they got caught.

"I don't see what the big deal is, if shes going to flaunt her wealth around, she shouldent get upset when it gets stolen from her." Levi argued.

"Thats not the point and you know it. Just... just cut it out with the pickpocketing okay, your almost of age, and if it keeps up while your out traveling, I wont be able to keep you out of trouble in another city that's outta my jurisdiction." She was hard on Levi, but she really cared for the kid.

Levi opened his mouth to argue some more, but Laura held up her palms, "Look, I don't wanna argue alright, just knock it off and focus on kicking a** in the Pokemon league, okay? Once you make us nobles you can do what ever you want and get off scott free." She said jokingly, shooting Levi the same cocky grin that he inherited from her.

"Okay okay, what ever you say. So, whats up with that message you sent me? You said you had a surprise for me?" Levi liked Lumiose and all, but he was itching to get out and really experience the Kalos region.

"Thats right, but its two fold," The chief of police said, a sparkle in her eye as she rolled her chair back a little bit to pull open a drawer of her desk. Pulling a solid wooden box that look older than dirt, but still in good condition. "This belonged to my brother, your dad, and our grandfather before that, and so on. Its been nothing more than a trinket for years now." Laura explained, reaching across her desk to hand the box to Levi.

Opening the box, Levi saw a thin chained necklace with a what looked like a small blade shaped ornament at the end. Towards the hilt of the blade ornament was a small weird colored Gem with an equally wired symbol imprinted on it. Two bands of silver criss-crossed over the set gem to form an X shape over it. inscribed on one of the crossing bands was he name 'Uzeil'

"Wh-what is it?" Levi questioned, not looking up from the necklace, mesmerized by its regality.

"That, my nephew, is phase two of this gift. You get the privilege of find out! Your supposed to stop by Professor sycamores lab on your way to route 5!" Laura grinned.

Looking up at his Aunt, mouth agape with an incrdilous look on his face. "Wait, so this is it, a trinket. that's what you made me come all the way over here to N.blvd for?!" the preteen complained, frowning.

"Well, if you don't want it, give it back." Laura simply said, still smiling wickedly.

That brought Levi up short. All of a sudden, he realized he did want it. He really didn't want to give this necklace back. For what ever reason, he just couldn't bear to part with it and he had no idea why. "...N-No, since i came all this way, I think ill keep it...for now." Levi mumbled, un-clipping the necklaces latch before re-clipping the hook when it was securely around his neck, letting the small ornate blade shaped trinket hang at the center of his chest.

The weight of the ornament felt...right. It was a new level of weird, like it just belonged there.

The window in Laura's office was thrown wide open, letting a soft breeze fall through and into the office. Laura and Levi sat on opposite sides of the chiefs desk, talking about this and that, nothing of any real import, just talking. reaching over for her mug of coffee, Laura burshed a few documents onto the floor, revealing an opened manilla folder underneath.

"Dammit..." She cursed, leaning down to pick the fallen documents. Taking the oppritunity, Levi snatched up the manilla folder, having recognized the person in the picture that was on the front.

"H-hey, Laura, who is this kid exactly, ive seen him everywhere lately..." Levi tossed the picture onto the desk with out bothering to look up from the file he was reading.

Sighing, both at the case itself, as well as Levi;s blatant disregard for sensitive documents. "Takamaru Takashi, He's from the Johto region. Won his first badge on the opening day of the league and was a league favorite based on his skill, as well as his naturally fashionable colored hair."

"...I saw him on the news...Twice in the last twenty four hours. whats up with him, the first, he was taking down a group of punks -Who by the way are squatting on the ally connecting Hibernal ave and Rouge plaza- and then the next, he's all cryptic sounding as he announces his retirement from the league." Levi explains, Still with his noes buried into the file.

Shurgging, Laura casualy goes into her explanation. "First off, I don't wanna know why you know where that group of punks are hold up, Second, a far as the law's concerned, nothings up with him, other than the fact that his retirement reeks of foul play. Look at the second page of the document I pulled on him, look at how much cash was wired to his account just after he announced his retirement." Taking a sip of her coffee before continuing. "Id bet my badge he was paid outta the league. I did some more research and found out that he has a younger sister, Tia Takashi who's sickly in the hospital. So im sure he was paid off."

"Hmmmm, any leads as to who?" Levi questioned further, closing the manilla folder before tossing it onto the desk.

"Nothing solid, and really, no reason to keep looking. No actual law breaking took place. Some a** hat gave him a big sum of post tax dollars -I checked- and he retired from the Pokemon league. Nothing low breaking about either of those things." Laura explained, picking up Tk's file and filing it away in on of her many cabinets behind her desk.

"But if you had to venture a guess, who do you think it was who paid him off...?" Levi asked, already knowing full well the answer to his own question, but needing the confirmation.

"...Most likely one of the noble houses." Laura said, disliking the bad taste the sentence brought with it.

"Right," Levi nodded. The two spent a few moments in silence before Levi hopped out of his seat, "Well, i better get going, that leagues not gonna win itself."

Laura stood as well, walking around the desk the grab her nephew in a bone crushing hug. After releasing each other, Levi started towards the door, stopping just shy of it. "Hey, any news on who offed that noble earlier?" Turning halfway to face his Aunt.

Frowning slightly, Laura shook her head, "Nothing that'd help us figure out and catch who did it."

Nodding, Levi filed this info away for later. "Well, im off " Giving his Aunt his youthful grin, Levi took off at sprint, out of her office and through the police station towards the exit. Laura leaning against her offices door frame to watch him go, a bittersweet feeling settling in her chest, right next to the swelling pride she was also feeling.

Smiling, Laura brought her mug of coffee to her lips, 'Kick some a**, Kid.'  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 am
Camphrier Town - Pokémon Center Cafeteria

"Oh," Zack said, slightly disappointed. "Well let's eat, then I'll show you how to camp."

Which Helena could have fun doing on her own. One night in a field and she'd get why trainers aimed to reach the pokémon center before nightfall.

Parfum Palace - The Maze

Luxray bounced as he hit the dirt, then lay still. The rain continued to pour, saturating his fur, his flank quivering in short, pained bursts for every breath. As he slipped from consciousness, the electric type barely comprehended his loss, but fell to silence all the same. It was at this moment that thunder roared in the distance.

It came not from the sky, but from the palace, a towering explosion of flame that signalled the arrival of Roy Hunter's reinforcement. It flew through the dark, rain-filled sky like a glowing ember, arcing over the maze in singular, effortless grace. What landed was roughly human in stature, the turf before Dune ripping apart as it landed hunched over, the weight and power of its armoured body almost palpable. The Quillon was clad in black metal armour, decorated with ornate barbs, twists of metal that spiked from the joints of each limb.

Saying nothing, the Quillon stood to his full height. His helmet was close-fitting and shaped like a hooked beak. Its two eyeholes were pits of darkness, which traced over the Steel type, taking his measure. This minuscule pokémon had battled and defeated a guardsman. Bold but foolish. There was only one punishment befitting a pokémon such as Dune. Lightning fell and struck the central fountain with a spray of sparks.

Guildenstern shot forward. His leg armour hissed in the rain as it glowed red, then burst into flame. Even weighed down by such heavy metal, he was fast, faster than anything Dune had ever faced. In an instant, he would traverse the devastated maze and reappear before the Pawniard, delivering a Blaze Kick that would likely shatter Dune's own armour and send him crashing into the nearby Zekrom statue.

Unless Dune could find a way to avoid Guildenstern's attack, the statue would crumble into heavy blocks of black marble and fall upon the pokémon. He'd be pinned down, and Guildenstern would take his time, slowly walking forwards. The Quillon's armour had slits around the wrist, where gentle flecks of flame flowed freely. With a quick tense of his arm, Guildenstern would turn these embers into a roaring blast of fire, which shot several feet past his balled fist, becoming a rushing, focused blade of fire. His Blaze Katar prepared, Guildenstern would give Dune time to pray before exacting this execution.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 pm
Parfum Palace - Courtyard Maze

In the country of Kalos, there existed an elite squad of six Pokémon that achieved the title of Knight on their own merits, with no trainer pulling their strings in battle. The Quillon set a benchmark that many trained Pokémon tried to reach. The Pokémon of the Royal army that Durendal was once a part of aspired to become them.

Right now, alongside that awe, all Dune could feel was numb with instinctive terror. The Quillon seemed larger than life. He barely had time to contemplate his achievement before Guildenstern closed the distance, and lost consciousness as soon as he was hit.

Dune was punted right through a wall, taking most of a hedge with him from the strike's consuming power as he throttled out of the maze, past Salieri and Roy, and straight into the Zekrom statue at the center of the courtyard. The visage of the dragon shattered around him, leaving him pinned inside the rubble with a web of cracks in his armor.

Salieri crooked her head back to see what had hit her Pokémon with such ferocity. When she saw it wasn't Luxray coming closer, she gulped. On the ground at Roy's feet, Ivan's screen became static.

Guildenstern walked out the hole in the maze, Blaze Katar at the ready. With every step, his armor rang subtly against the ground, and Sal's eyes grew wider. It took a lot to make the world weary, prideful Kalosian visibly nervous, but facing something like this was more than enough to make it happen. What's one of The Quillon doing here? I never expected to see one so early on the road!! I though this couldn't have gotten worse, but this is unreal.

Once The Quillon walked past her and to her unconscious Pokémon, Salieri understood his intention. It wasn't just a knock out. It was an execution. Suddenly, the quivering, doubtful ember inside of Salieri started to rise. I'm not losing anybody else anymore.

Her face shifted from shocked and scared to unbridled fury. Jaw clenched, teeth bared, eyes reflecting the fire of the Blaze Katar in more ways than one. The muscles in her body tensed, adrenaline and willpower pushing the boundaries of her paralyzing restraint. Salieri leaned forward, and growled to Guildenstern, "I don't care...who you are...If you touch him...I'll kill you."

The speakers on her Pokédex hummed to life, a farcry from Ivan's usual crackle. "EMERGENCY PROTOCOL ENGAGED. UNLOCK CODE INITIATING 84F7IJ45D22LXQ9--"

"Ahem. Sir Guildenstern, please stand down. This punishment is not necessary. I have apprehended the real thief."

The arrival of yet another party took Salieri's attention away from her dex's bizarre program. The Head Butler stood under an umbrella with a Dandy Trim Furfrou at his side. The Furfrou was seated, wagging its tail and holding a bound and gagged Kecleon in its jaw by the back of the lizard's binds.

The Head Butler produced the stolen plate from behind his back. "Is this the stolen ceremonial, Mr. Hunter?" he asked, adjusting his glasses.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 am
Parfum Palace - The Maze

Roy kept quiet as the Quillon arrived on the scene. He watched, transfixed, as it made short work of the thief's pokémon, who had obliterated his own mere seconds earlier. When the head butler called out to Guildenstern, it seemed to hesitate for a moment, as if deciding whether to ignore the command, before extinguishing its flame with a short swipe of its arm. The butler called to him, and Roy snapped awake.

"Oh, yeah, looks like it," Roy said while keeping his eyes on the Quillon. He hadn't shown the butler the amulet coin just yet, so he made his play. "Did it have the coin as well? I'm sure one of those was missing."

He couldn't, in good conscience, out Salieri as the second thief. Not when he'd seen what the Quillon was willing to do. If it chose to execute her, there was nothing he'd be able to do to stop it. He'd pick a moment later and plant the coin back in the palace. Given the state of the maze, he doubted he would have to worry about being fired. That was pretty much a given.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am
At Roy's feet, Ivan's string of numbers and letters suddenly came to a halt. The static on the screen changed back to it's usual white glow, and in its normal voice, the Pokédex said, "Um, nevermind beep boop beep."

Salieri's eyes went up to Roy. The guard had the coin in his pocket. He knew she had stolen the coin. So why didn't he give her up? Was it pity? I don't need you to feel sorry for me...Merde, this is so embarrassing.

The Head Butler looked to his Furfrou for confirmation. The poodle shook its head no. "We did not find a coin on the Kecleon, but I've already checked the room where the robbery was committed. There were no Amulet Coins previously on display."

He walked over to Salieri, took a Paralyze Heal from out his pocket, and sprayed the bottle all around her body. She was double bound in cuffs, and even if she could run, he doubted she would with a Quillon at his beck and call. The stiffness in her muscles faded away entirely, and suddenly Salieri regained all feeling.

“I’d like to put my faith in my employee. If he’s told me there’s something missing, I’ll believe him. Did you take anything from the palace?”

A sweatdrop formed on Salieri’s forehead. She looked up at Roy briefly, then back at the Head Butler before hanging her head low. “…No, I didn’t.”

The Head Butler nodded and stood up. “I apologize for the hassle. If there’s a way we can make it up to you, I’ll see to it that you are taken care of.” The raindrops thinned out and the clouds gave way, revealing the last of the sunset over the Parfum Palace. He closed his umbrella. “Mr. Hunter, you may remove her handcuffs.”

Salieri’s throat felt dry, but she tried to bring back her confident front. “I came here to get the Pokéflute. There’s a Snorlax blocking Route 7 and trainers can’t get past it.”

The butler nodded once more. “Meet me at the entrance and I’ll give you the item. Once again, on behalf of the Parfum Palace, I apologize.” He gave Roy a quick glare before turning away, Furfrou in tow. Kecleon squirmed in his binds, looking back at Salieri with envy.

Once the Head Butler was gone, Salieri looked back to Roy. “Why did you cover for me?” she demanded to know.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:31 am
"Don't know what you're talking about," Roy smirked as he removed both sets of handcuffs. He stood up and felt a chill when he realised Guildenstern had left without him noticing. What was a Quillon doing here anyway? Roy recalled Luxray and started back towards the palace. It would be easy now that most of the maze was cleared away, though he didn't want to know what was in store for him when he got back.

"Just keep out of trouble. You nearly got your pokémon killed today. Remember that next time you decide to be stupid."  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 am
Salieri rubbed her wrists and watched Roy walk away. His words echoed in her head as she recalled Dune from out of the rubble. The original intent behind taking on the responsibility of retrieving the flute was to give the nobles a hard time and to take a piece of what was their's. Looking around the ruined maze, she felt like she had accomplished that in some fashion.

"You nearly got your pokémon killed today."

She held up Durendal's ball, looking through the opaque red half. He was breathing slowly, eyes closed with cracks all over his armor. Out the corner of the her eye, she saw something blue and shiny underneath one of the hedges.

Sal looked around to make sure no one was watching, and bent down to get a closer look. "...oh..."

~~~~~

"Here you are," The Head Butler said to Salieri as he presented the Pokéflute to her at the palace entrance. She pocketed the item immediately. "I'm terribly sorry about-"

"Don't." Salieri weakly smiled and held up a hand for him to stop. "Just, don't." The trainer walked away, hands in her pockets as she headed down Route 6.

The Head Butler watched her go, then walked back inside to his office. On the floor, his Dandy Trim Furfrou lay on the ground, eyes spinning and tongue out to one side. A broken vase lay next to his head, and the Kecleon was gone. The bindings that once held the lizard tightly rested on the floor.

With a heavy sigh, the Head Butler knelt down and used a Potion on his fallen Pokémon. Someone was definitely getting fired today.

~~~~

Route 7 - Riviere Walk

On her way south, Salieri had given a Potion to Durendal, which would help heal him a little before the got to the Pokémon Center. The bridge on Route 7 was just a slight detour away from Camphrier Town.

She took a deep breath, flicked some stray hairs away from her forehead, and marched over to the bridge. "Alright people," she announced to the trainers present. "I got the Pokéflute, it's time to wake up this...uh...wha?"

Snorlax was gone. She spun around, half expecting the behemoth to pop up out of nowhere. "The hell?"

"Oh, it's you." The elderly Painter that sent her on the fetch quest stood at the side of the bridge next to his easel. "Somebody already came by and woke up the Snorlax. Caught it as well."

Sal's eyes twitched slightly. Her hands curled into fists. She narrowly avoided an execution to get the flute, and even though that part was her fault, she attributed it to the same mission. All that work for just a flute? "Who did it?"
"I believe he said his name was Zack...er, Redgrave? Oh miss, are you okay? You look like you're about to explode--"
"WHAT THE FUUUUUUU--"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm
Chateau Leroux

Sunset glinted on the river's surface. The sky had faded to pink, its white clouds turning to a thin haze over the setting sun. Far up on the hillside, Elizabeth caught a chill as a swarm of leaves blew past the upper balcony and she turned around. The pleasantries of the Kalosian nobility had been something of a chore over the past 24 hours. Her father was dead, murdered by all indication, yet these toffs were more concerned with shallow etiquette than tracking down the killer. It was only in Chateau Leroux that she could find some comfort; away from the oh dears and such a pitys, among family and friends who felt genuine sympathy, who had lost just as she had.

"I'm going to catch him, Elliot," she said after a long pause of staring at the Route 7 river. Her black hair hung just past her cold, grey eyes. It wasn't quite short enough to be boyish, but far too short and choppy to be ladylike. Elizabeth had always amused herself with the distaste of her fellow nobility; she knew the other ladies disapproved, but they dare not say a thing given her heritage.

Elliot sighed as he leant on the balcony wall beside the woman ten years his junior. They were cousins, and though Elliot's father had been the head of House Leroux before him, it was only because Elizabeth's father, Gabriel Leroux, had seceded the position to his younger brother. Were it not for that, Elizabeth would be head of the family. She would have the full resources of a Court house at her disposal.

"Tracking down a killer is a job for the police," Elliot said in his be reasonable voice. "If there even is a killer."
"There is," Elizabeth said, "My father would not just hurl himself from a window. He was thrown. There were witnesses."
"One witness. And who's to say it wasn't just make believe?" Elliot squeezed Elizabeth's hand, "I understand your pain. When my father died, I-"
"I'm sorry," she snatched her hand away as if it had been placed in a fire, "But this is not the same thing!"

The glass doors to the balcony swung open and two sets of eager footsteps clapped across the stone paving. Elliot's boys, still dressed in their schoolwear, threw their arms around his legs.

"Father! You'll never guess! It was wonderful, father!" shouted Simeon, the elder of the two young boys. They had both inherited Elliot's white-blond hair, which practically gleamed in the sunlight. "Matheson showed us his pokémon!"
"Can we have one, father? Can we have a pokémon?" squeaked the younger brother, Timothy.
"Now boys," Elliot said, kneeling down to look his sons in the eye, "A pokémon is a big responsibility and you're both far too young."
"But father!"

Elizabeth held herself as the scene unfolded. Children begging for pokémon. It didn't matter if you were noble or not, it happened in the poorest families as much as in the richest. She felt a pang of jealousy as the two boys pestered their father, a pang that quickly gave way to morosity and a deep sense of longing. She had little time to dwell on these feelings as she was soon absorbed into a rather hefty bosom.

"Elizabeth! I'm so sorry about Gabriel," said the chest, "He was a good man, taken long before his time."

Mariette Leroux was a hugger. To those outside the Leroux family, she was the very picture of noble elegance, a true model for noblewomen throughout Kalos. In the comfort of her own home, she had the habit of squishing people into her considerable breast. She was a naturally maternal woman, Elizabeth had come to realise, but Elizabeth didn't need a mother right now.

"Please, Mariette, I can't breathe," she said as she prised herself free. "But thank you. My father was always rather fond of you."
"That's so sweet of you to say."
"Dear, would you see the boys back inside?" Elliot said, "Elizabeth and I have something to discuss. I'm afraid it's quite pressing, but we shouldn't be too long."
"Of course, come along now boys," Mariette said with her rose-cheeked smile. She ushered the disappointed children inside and gently closed the glass doors behind her. Elizabeth and Elliot were left alone, and the winds grew colder.

"Elizabeth," Elliot said, "You are not to pursue this matter any further. It's too dangerous. Leave the investigation to the police."

He seemed earnest, worried yet stern. Elizabeth wondered why, then it hit her like a lightning bolt. She wasn't wrong about her father's death.

"You know something don't you?" Elizabeth said, looking Elliot in the eye. He grew fearful for a second, then looked away. "You know something and you won't say. For god's sake, he was your family!"
"You're my family," Elliot replied. "You're my family and I'll do whatever it takes to ensure your safety. I ask you not as the head of this house, but as your cousin who loves you: please, let this rest. I will not bury you along with your father."
"And I will not allow my father's killer to go free!" Elizabeth snapped back, banging a fist on the balcony wall. "You won't help me. Fine. Just don't get in my way."  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm
((Marsuru said to timeskip, so timeskip I shall do))

Route 7 - Rivière Line

There were significant and immediate differences between camping and staying at a center. It wasn't cramped like a center would be, but it was a lot grosser. Helena woke up with the taste of dirt in her mouth and sat up in her sleeping bag to spy curious Pokemon poking around her tent.

Groggily, Helena wiggled out of her sleeping bag and stepped out of the tent. It hadn't taken her too long to figure out how to pitch one, she thought. While she may be wrong about that, she still felt good about herself.

It was everything else that felt awful. She was sore all over, her hair and face felt like dirt colonies, and it was way too early to be awake. There was little light outside, with the sun peaking somewhere. She couldn't see it, but she knew it was there because of the color of the sky - a greyish sort of blue and growing lighter.

Helena stood for a moment in the cool morning air as she thought about what to do first. It took some time, but eventually her find managed to sort itself out from the fog that slowed her thoughts.

Bag in hand, she made her way down to the river and scooped some water into her hands to splash her face. It was terrible, but it helped wake her up. Next she went about brushing her teeth, spitting the swished toothpaste water into the grass beside her and then rinsing her mouth out and spitting that into the grass as well.

"Should probably warm up," Helena said. She intended to get another badge today and then make some progress on the route. Loki and Zack both made travel easier but Helena had a feeling that she'd have to do some of the traveling herself today.

"Will this really work?" Tyler asked his younger friend, though they were technically the same age Jacob had been born a few months later.

"Yeah, man, my friend said it's how he got his first girlfriend." In Jacob's hand was the pokeball containing their new Spritzee. "He said he'll text me the ingredients, and then we'll mix it with Spritzee's perfume and zip-bang-boom: love potion."

Tyler flushed as he grinned. He couldn't help it, it wasn't every day you found an easy way to a woman's heart.

"I tell ya, Tyler, once we're back in Kanto we're gonna be swimming in..."

Tyler looked at Jacob who was looking at something behind him. He turned his head to follow his friend's gaze. "What's" there, at the top of the incline leading to the river just above them, squated a girl dressed in pajama pants and a tank top, arms in front of her as her elbows rested on her knees and her hands on her chin. "up?"

"Swimming in what?" Helena asked.

"Love and affection," Tyler said quickly.

"Yeah, love and affection," Jacob said.

"Those really make you smell good?" Helena asked as she pointed at Spritzee's ball.

"If you keep them with you, yeah," Jacob said.

"I'll keep that in mind," Helena said and she rose to her feet.

Tyler and Jacob looked at each other and then back to Helena who looked back with a tired looking expression.

After a moment she let out a deep breath and said, "Loki."

Before Tyler could work out what she had even said, he found himself suspended over the river and then, just as suddenly, he was falling.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm
((Was supposed to post yesterday, Totes Forgot, but here's this : p Ill write more sometime tomorrow and get Levi out into the world.))
Lumiose City - Sycamore Lab - Pre Time skip - Still day Two

Sticking to the streets this time, Levi made his way straight down Rouge plaza, Centricio place, and then Vernal Ave, until he poped out at South blvd. He had only been to Sycamore's lab a handful of times. Twice on errands for Laura, and once when he registered as a trainer, got his Dex and starter.

But every-time Levi stopped to look at the architecture of the building, situated between two modernized building of higher proportions in terms of height. He always noticed how it seemed out of place in the city scape of Lumiose.

"Welcome to Professor Sycamore's lab, how can I help you?" The friendly assistant that was stationed at the front desk chimed as he entered the building through the main entrance's glass doors.

"Er-yea, im here to see the Professor, chief Laura sent me-"

"Oh, Levi Uziel, I remember you, go on up, the Professor is free right now." The assistant instructed, cutting Levi off in the middle of his sentence. Her smile was so sincere that even though he was miffed at her for cutting him off, Levi couldn't bring himself to give her hell.... That and the fact that she was ridiculously pretty and Levi's hormones were acting ******** Puberty..." The pre-teen grumbled to himself, a slight blush tinting his cheeks, as he entered the elevator and hit the number 3. The elevator stopped with ding as it reached the top floor, the door sliding open to reveal the professors personal lab.

"Ah, Levi! Welcome back, Laura called ahed, Ive been expecting you." The professor with overly lush hair called, walking up to the youth and patting him on the shoulders. "Tell me, did you bring it?"

By 'it', Levi was assuming the bauble Laura gave to him back at the police station. "Yup." Levi responded, not making a move the remove said bauble from around his neck.

"...Might I see it?" Sycamore prompted, looked expectantly at the youth, curiosity lighting his eyes.

After a moment of silence, Levi begrudgingly removed the unamed family bauble that hung around his neck. Watching as the Professor walked back around to his desk, pulling out a magnifying glass to get a better look.

"So how's the Frokie you chose as your starter doing?" Sycamore asked, casually making conversation as he inspected the bauble, Never looking up from his work. Menwhile, Levi browsed around the small carpeted subroom of the third floor. Looking at the art works the professor had hung around his office.

"He's great. Evolved already, Right in the middle of my Gym match."

"Ah yes, that's right. You know, that's considered good luck, a Pokemon evolving in the middle of a gym match." The professor carried on the idle chit chat for a few moments longer before standing and putting away the few pieces of equipment he had out, inspecting the Uziel family bauble.

"Levi," The professor started, leaning against the front of his desk facing Levi. His tone ringing with a bit more seriousness, but still casual. "What do you know about Mega-Evolution?"

That brought Levi up short. He knew it was a relatively knew thing, which only a few trainers could actually accomplish at this point. The process of temporarily evolving a Pokemon past its final evolutionary form. New 'Nite stones were being found every once and awhile, they're a rare thing, and hard to get a hold of.

"Its a thing the rich trainers who can afford Mega stones use to cheat in battles." Levi promptly replied, Not really thinking anything of it. The professor smile slightly at his bluntness.

"Its not such an easy of a thing to accomplish, mega- Evolution. I don't know a whole lot about it myself, but..." The whiskered Pokemon authority trailed off, walking over to a circular contraption against the wall. Levi recognized it as the Starter Basin. It held three pokeballs containing the three starters for the region. kneeling down, the professor opened a door at the side of the basin, pulling out a small metal case.

"This just arrived from the Kanto region not long ago. Professor Oak sent them to me to help further research pertaining to mega-evolution." Sycamore explained, setting the case down on the desk before unclasping the two latches on the front. Inside of the case resting on a soft looking cushion were three pokeballs.

"Levi Uzeil, I have a proposition for you. You show a decent enough prowess for Pokemon training, and you also are already in possession of a Mega-stone." At that point Sycamore dangled the Blade shaped necklace containing a Mega-stone at the hilt in-front of Levi to take. Once the Mega-Necklace was back in Levis possession, the professor continued.

"Id like to offer you the choice of a Kanto Starter, in hopes that you'll eventually be able to achieve Mega-Evolution with the chosen partner. under the condition that you'll make your every effort to understand Mega-Evolution as a whole, and report your findings back too me."

Levi was still in a state of shock at finding out the bauble he thought was a worthless bauble, had turned out to be a Mega-stone. It took the sneaky youth a moment to find the right words of agreement, so instead he just opted to nod and step forward to the Metal case containing the three Kanto Starters.
----------------------------------------

Time Skip - Next Day

The sun was still a few hours from rising as Levi laid awake in his bed, unable to sleep any longer, his body was awake and ready to go. He'd decided to opt out of leaving Lumiose city the previous day. By the time he got done at Sycamore's lab, it was already somewhat late and getting a room at the Pokemon center in the next town over would just have been a pain.

So instead, laying atop his bends comforter, wearing a light T-shirt and basketball shorts, Levi started transfixed at the palm sized crystal blue gem he held infront of his face. The Dark green and pink sigil that cut though the middle of the gem reflecting small flecs of light, from a small desk lap he had turned on when he returned form his morning urination.

The Mega-Necklace laid on his nightstand, looking just as brilliant as ever.

In the end, He chose the Bulbasuar as his choice of Kanto starter. The bulb pokemon's initial attitude towards his new trainer was somewhat unruly. But after spending a few hours the previous night together, the Bulbasaur, now dubbed, Thorn, was marginally more friendly towards his new trainer.

Deciding it was a good enough time to start out, Levi jumped out of bed, ditched his sleeping attire in favor of a pair of tan cargo shorts, plain blue T-shirt, and his skate-sneakers. Throwing his white and black hoodie over his torso and grabbing his Mega-Necklace and securing it around his neck, before throwing his sling back over his shoulder and clipping the strap across his chest.

Within about ten minutes the pre-teen was dressed and out the door of his and his aunts two bedroom uptown apartment, his feet taking him through the lightly crowded streets of the early morning lumiose city and towards the gate separating the city from route five.  

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:06 pm
((Well this took way longer than it should have done sweatdrop ))

Route 7 - Connecting Cave

A wall of rain fell past the cave mouth. Zack paused with his hands on his knees as he caught his breath, then took another swig of Potion. The morning hadn't been kind, even before the rain, and he woke up in his Center room feeling worse than he had at any point yesterday. With splitting headaches married to fatigue and nausea, he had to force himself to face consciousness and not roll back to uneasy sleep. Now knowing what his problem was, Zack remedied himself with a Potion and his sickness subsided for a time, but left him feeling drained and breathless. He sighed, adjusting his bag strap and looking around the cave. It smelled dank, and the walls shimmered with moisture. He couldn't see far ahead as the tunnel was shrouded in darkness, but he knew that this cave split off to two destinations; Route 8 and Cyllage City. Route 8 lead along the coast, and just so happened to be the direction one would take were they looking for Team Flare.

Connecting Cave was devoid of other trainers at this time in the morning. Zack stumbled over a rock hidden by the darkness and a shiver went down his spine. Thousands of squeaky voices teemed overhead, echoing in the cave tunnel, which made it sound like they were coming from every direction. It was a sound most trainers could recognise, and all of them hated for what followed. Zack hit the deck as the screeching cloud of Zubat rushed through the cave, filling it like water in a pipe. He covered his head with his arms, but still felt the sharp nips of Zubat fangs as they passed. Zack grit his teeth. One was squirming its way under his collar; he could feel its mangy fur and fleshy wings scrape and claw at his skin. Taking a sharp breath, he twisted to the side and reached under his shirt to grab the writhing bat. It sunk its teeth into his hand and drew blood. A pair of Zubat turned on him, leaving the cloud and attacking Zack's face while the rest swarmed past on jerkily flapping wings.

Zack's temper reached boiling point as he received a gash across his cheek, not daring to open his eyes even a fraction. He squeezed the Zubat in his hand tighter, its tiny bones compressing under his grip. Then Zack's skin began to sting, another familiar sensation, as the surging roar began. Forcing himself flat, Zack took a deep breath while the air above him burst into flame, its heat a pressure on his scrunched face, a thousand jabbing needles. The squeaking screeches stopped bar a few, who flew maladroitly to safety, and the rain of bats started to fall. Charred and inert, the swarm of Zubat hit the floor with soft patters, one after the other, until the cave was covered in a carpet of burned black fur and mangled wings.

When the last Zubat fell, Zack turned over and held himself up with his elbows, bits of burnt bat debris sliding off his shirt.

"Don't worry," the man said, patting his Arcanine on the head, the rain and the mist and the cavemouth daylight casting him in silhouette, "Ferox is harmless."

Looking around the cave, at the dozens of cremated bodies and small fires, which stank of burned flesh, Zack cracked a weak grin. "Sure. Unless you happen to be a Zubat."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:09 pm
((...oh. Oh, how did that get onto this thread. I'm sorry, let me go chase that down, I think it's one of mine. Here, read this post while I take care of this))

Route 8

One of the western exits of the Connecting Cave led to Route 8, a rocky cliffside overlooking a white sandy beach and the western seaboard of Kalos. Tourists came to this area for its pristine view. Trainers came to catch a variety of useful Pokémon in the few patches of tall grass. Others came to hand out flyers for social events. Well, at least three others.

Jump Einatz was a celebrity in his home region of Hoenn, famous for his skill in the Pokémon Contest scene, his friendly and charming public persona, and his dashing good looks. At least, that’s how he liked to describe it. Kalos wasn’t home to Pokémon Contests, but he still enjoyed mild recognition for his sense of style, which he displayed in full force at all times. Currently he was dressed in a button down red shirt with rolled up sleeves, matching tie, a maroon pinstripe vest and grey jeans. His hair was spiky in a charismatic way, something he planned in front of the mirror every morning. Jump looked very out of place in his hipster clothing amongst the passing trainers dressed for travel, but he didn’t seem to mind as a huge grin was plastered to his face.

Flanking him were his two loyal associates, Kiedis and Hexum. Kiedis appeared to be a Teddiursa, notable for his consistent grumpiness. Hexum was a Lucario wearing glasses. The three of them held flyers and attempted to pass them out to anybody willing to take one.

“Tired of walkin’ around? Need to take a break from training? Come to the rave in Glittering Cave tonight!” Jump announced, brandishing the flyers like a newspaper boy. “The music is bumping, the dancing won’t stop, the lights are killer! It’s a rave! In a cave! A Cave Rave!”

“Uh, Jump?” Hexum cleared his throat and pulled Jump aside. “…there’s no money in the budget for music.”

A couple of trainers that had previously ignored the trio stopped in their tracks with their jaws wipe open, glancing back at the talking Pokémon. Jump’s jaw was also dropped, for entirely different reasons. “Man, don’t ******** with me like that.”

Hexum sighed and pulled out a small notebook and pen from wherever cartoon characters store all of their belongings. He flipped open a few pages and scanned down. “We’ve got forty percent pinned on crowd control and technical setup, twenty percent on refreshments—“
“Refreshments? What?” Jump looked back to Kiedis for backup and repeated himself. “Refreshments? What?” Kiedis turned away slightly, pretending he wasn’t listening as he subtly dropped a flyer off the cliff like he’d been doing all morning to make it look like he passed out a lot.
“I’m talking about snacks and drinks,” Hexum confirmed. Jump snatched the notebook and pen out of the Lucario’s paws.
“Snacks and drinks? You were gonna take the music out of a rave for snacks? Hexum, have you ever been to a rave before? Ever?”
“…yes,” Hexum lied.
“No one should eat at a rave. I want everyone dancing so hard they throw up on the way out from dehydration. If they eat in there, they’ll puke, and that’s a mood killer.”
“You’re obscene,” Hexum said flatly.

Jump shook his head and wrapped an arm around Hexum’s shoulder. “Hexum, when we first got offered a job to come to Kalos, what did I say our motto would be?”
“…we make it rain on ‘dem hoes?”
“No, the other one.”
“Work hard, party hard.”
“Was that it?”
“Yeah.”
“See you remember these things, that’s why you’re my secretary, Hexum.” Jump spun Hexum around and put both hands on his shoulders, eyeing him like a concerned father. “But if you’re gonna be a square then we lose our swag. No snacks, never snacks. Just straight club jams all night. Transfer all of the budget into the music. Literally everything.”

[Ten people just passed us,] Kiedis grunted over to them. [I’m not kidding, you just missed all of them.] Jump spun over to his bear Pokémon.
“That’s the spirit, Kiedis.” Jump ruffled the fur atop Kiedis’s head, something that irked the small bear to no end. “I have no idea what you said, but keep up that moxie. People loves bears at raves.”

Hexum rapidly jotted down all of Jump’s notes, then took out a calculator. “…I don’t think the boss will want us having a rave at all while Glittering Cave is occupied.”

Jump’s ears perked up. Kiedis sighed. [Good. Let’s go home already, this country smells like snails and I just want honey.]
“Who do we have to talk to to change that?” Jump asked his Lucario, now dead serious.
“Err, the leading Team Flare official inside Glittering Cave. Or maybe the police…probably both now, actually.“
“Alright, let’s pass out like fifty more flyers--“
[FIFTY?!]
“—before we go into town and get our s**t together.”

The energetic coordinator jumped onto a boulder to get the high ground. He threw up a hand that pointed high to the heavens. “I’m in Kalos to take it by storm! People are gonna remember my name, people are gonna remember my style! This country needs to wake up, and that’s only gonna happen if we play music real loud and emit as much swag as possible! I swear, I will not rest outside of my three o’clock nap until I make Cave Rave a reality! Are you guys with me or not?”

Hexum looked at his watch. “This is the second time you gave that speech in the past eleven minutes.”
[I kind of hate you right now.]  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:17 pm
Camphrier Town – Pokémon Center

It was still early in the morning, and most of the cafeteria was filled with trainers waking up and complaining about the quality of the free food. Dune’s injuries in his fight against Luxray had been serious enough that he had to stay in a recovery room all night, so Salieri pulled a spare cot into that room to sleep next to him. It was a tough mattress, and her sleep hadn’t been all that great.

It had been a long time since Sal had gotten one of her Pokémon so hurt before. The experience left her tired. Sal had fed the rest of her team earlier and released them into the garden to train and relax while she ate cereal.

As she lazily spooned the food into her mouth, her eyes shifted up to a TV on the wall showing a rerun form the day before.

"Mr. Takashi. Please tell us why, why are you retiring from the league after such a stunning performance yesterday during your gym match?"
I have a family back home in Johto, they need me over there, not running around all the way over here, in this beautiful region.
I'm sorry to hear that, your an inspiration to us all, putting your family first. true beautify lay within the hearts of our loved ones…Is there anything you'd like to say to your rivals out there? words of encouragement or the like?

Yes, actually there is.” TK looked up at the camera, and for that moment Sal could have sworn he was looking at her. “You were right.

The spoon dropped out of Sal’s fingers as she stared at the TV screen. The interview shifted back to the normal news anchorman. “Of course, this kind of retirement isn’t unheard of in the Kalos league. Just four years ago, another noticeable contestant dropped out of the league after an impressive showing.

A candid photo of Salieri’s brother Moze at the tender age of sixteen appeared on screen. “Mozart Soledad, considered a favored darkhorse to win the league that year, quit under mysterious circumstances and hasn’t been heard from since. It’s been theorized that the pressure to win is enough to get many trainers to quit before the tournament proper.

“Or maybe he’s just a big p***y.”

The hairs on the back of Sal’s neck stood up immediately at the sound of a teenage male voice coming from the table behind her. It was joined by a quiet chorus of chuckles. Sal lifted up her spoon and looked into its reflection to see who had dared to utter that insult in her presence.

She could tell her was a sponsored trainer because he wore a jacket sporting a Lysandre Labs logo on the arm, patterned off the usual design for sponsored trainer paraphernalia. He must have been about fourteen years old, with slicked back brown hair and a smug smirk Salieri couldn’t wait to wipe off.

“Jace, dude,” one of his friends chimed in, “He’d wipe the floor with you.”
“As if.” Jace waved the comment away. “He’d only quit if he wasn’t any good. I got my first badge on my first day, and I’ll stick around for the other seven.”
“I heard he had a flying Torkoal.”
“So he made a turtle fly, big deal. He didn’t make it win, and he probably had enough of losing, so he pussed out. They don’t call him the White Flag for nothing.”

More chuckling occurred, then Jace stood up. “I’ll catch you guys later. Gotta clean up my room and stop by the Chateau before I get badge number two.” He snapped his fingers and pointed at them as he exited.

Sal looked at the room key dangling out of his pocket, memorizing its number for future purposes. She dumped the rest of her breakfast in the trash and left the cafeteria.

~~~~

The morning rush of trainers exiting the building still had yet to hit the sleepy medical facility. A few early birds trickled out, but Durendal couldn’t see them go from his cot in one of the emergency rooms. His window’s view led to the garden in the back, where he could see Biz Marquis sparring with Quacklin’, needle sword against leek sword.

A few blows were exchanged before Biz parried the leek out of the duck’s hands and forced a surrender. Quacklin’s mouth moved rapidly, probably so he could claim that he was merely testing his apprentice’s reflexes and that he wasn’t truly caught off guard.

“I think I need to send him home.”

Dune looked at the doorway, where Sal leaned against the wall. She nodded at her Farfetch’d. “He was great for teaching Biz the basics, but I think Biz is better than him now. Maybe he’ll get along with Mia…I need to tell her not to let him get eaten… How are you feeling?”

The Pawniard nodded halfheartedly. She squinted at him more closely. On the outside, he was back to full health except for a small web of cracks in his armor near his shoulder. The organic steel had mended over it, leaving a small “scar”. Still, Salieri got the feeling her stoic Pokémon wasn’t back to normal just yet.

The trainer sat down on the cot next to Dune’s and looked out the window. “…are you mad at me?”
Dune hesitated, then shook his head. “It’s okay to be mad. If you’re mad and you don’t get it out, it isn’t good for you.” She clutched at her cargo capris around her knees. “…if you didn’t show up in the maze, I would’ve…yeah. Thanks for that. I didn’t think there would be a guard with such a high level Pokémon…or a freakin’ Quillon. You got hurt, and I’m sahhhhh.”

Dune raised an eyebrow as Sal became tongue tied. She cleared her throat to try again. “I’m sor-ech…I’m sahh-ah…I’m sssss ugh forget it. You know what I mean. It’s my bad.”

She blushed a little at her inability to apologize. It wasn’t easy for her to admit her mistakes. It was even harder for her to talk about why she made them. But that was the least that she owed her savior. “I know you don’t like it when I steal from nobles. I know you don’t like how much I don’t like them…but you have no idea…the things they’ve done…if I tell you, will you promise not to laugh at me?”

The Pawniard was almost surprised at the turn of her question. He shook his head, listening attentively. Sal looked at the ground.

“…Arnaud…you’ve only known him for a year or so. He wasn’t always like…this. When I was a kid, he was really cool…”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm
Connecting Cave

"This way, not much farther now."

Zack trudged uphill as he was lead further into the cave. The man who saved him turned out to be called Alexander and was a travelling trainer somewhere in his sixties. Tall and stocky, Alexander had a workman's leathery skin and long silver hair, which he kept in a loose ponytail. His Arcanine, Ferox, was smaller and slenderer than any Arcanine Zack had seen before. Its muscles rippled through its short fur as it walked, seeming to alternate between limber and relaxed to incredibly tense. Shortly after the bat attack, it had been glowering at him as if one word away from ripping his throat out. He made sure to trail a few steps behind.

Alexander stopped suddenly and crouched low as they reached the peak of the incline, turning his flashlight to a dull glow. He held a hand up to hush Zack while Ferox followed him over the crest. Frowning at being treated like a child, Zack went after the two, who were lying down at the edge of a drop. On the other side, in a rocky basin, were a dozen or so baby Axew in a nest, so young they were still living among the cracked shells of their eggs, their tusks barely even stumps.

"Stay quiet," Alexander whispered. He hopped over the ledge and landed silently in the basin. The Axew all turned to him at once as he crept forward. Zack swallowed. Alexander had told him he was hunting a rare pokémon, and asked if Zack had wanted to see. With nothing better to do, Zack agreed, but hadn't prepared himself for robbing a pokémon nest.

"You," Alexander said as he selected an Axew. It was larger than the rest, stronger, but offered little resistance when Alexander caught it in a ball. As soon as their brother vanished, the rest of the litter began to panic, jumping up and down and crying shrilly. Alexander ignored them, heading back to the ledge.

"What the hell," Zack hissed as the older man approached. "Do you have any idea how ******** up that was?"
"Would you rather I battle them first?" Alexander asked, smiling. Zack grit his teeth as Ferox growled and the Axew whined.

The cave began to echo with a long, high-pitched roar; a more intense, stronger version of the Axews' squeaks that sent shivers down spines. Alexander cocked his head to the dark tunnel that led into the basin. Zack felt Ferox tense up and rise as footsteps thumped closer and closer. Haxorus bounded from the darkness of the tunnel, snapping its beak, the mother protecting her young. She sprinted to Alexander first, her well-worn tusks gleaming in the trainer's torch light. He didn't so much as flinch as Haxorus was pounced on by his Arcanine, who sank its teeth into the dragon's hide.

They wrestled on the basin floor, snapping and biting and clawing. Haxorus got to her feet, swinging wildly, thrashing with her arms and tail until Ferox lost her grip and flew into a thick stalagmite. The Axew cried with fear as the two pokémon fought, and Zack jumped off the ledge.

"Stop. What are you doing?" Alexander said, catching Zack by the chest.
"Helping them, you ******** psychopath," Zack spat back, shoving Alexander aside and reaching for a ball. He stopped, almost dropping it as his arms fell to his side. The battle was over, he realised as Ferox climbed up from Haxorus' body, half her neck in its maw. He turned to Alexander, who was placing his new capture into a messenger bag. "That was out of line."

Alexander gave him a look that Zack couldn't quite place. For a second, his eyes flashed danger, like he might just give Ferox that one word after all. But the danger faded and it soon seemed closer to inquisitiveness.

"These Axew will die without their mother," Zack said, gesturing to the mewling litter, who crowded desperately around their mother's lifeless form, prodding her, shaking her. Alexander frowned and Zack clenched his fist for a second before letting his hand go limp.
"Then I suggest you adhere to your feminine instincts and take her place," Alexander said, climbing up the ledge. Ferox leapt up in a single bound, mouth still wet with blood. "It was a pleasure, Zack."

Alexander left and the basin fell dark, silent but for the pleading cries of an Axew litter.

Route 8

By the time Zack left Connecting Cave, the rain had stopped. Left in the dark, he had no choice but to navigate his way out using the weak light of his Xtransceiver, and feel his way through the remaining darkness. The cave was a small maze outside of the main path, but eventually he'd located one of the cave mouths. A sign just outside told him which route he was on, as if he couldn't tell by the sight of the ocean.

Grassland met rocks and cliffs as the sea roared, foaming as it crashed against the land. Zack felt numb and cold despite the sun, his anger over the Axew nest simmering on a low heat. Ambrette Town was to the south, so that's where he headed, mind swimming with training routines. He had to get stronger, faster, and soon.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 pm
Route 8

“Oh! OHHHHH! You’re not from around these parts, are you?”

Jump stood high up on a boulder, looking down at Zack as he exited Connecting Cave. Hexum stood on the grass below the boulders, and Kiedis sat against the Cliffside pouting. “I can tell, cause you’re wearing an outfit that was fashionable in Unova like, eight years ago. Ten or four if you’re a hipster. That ensemble screams nostalgia. You want some home away from home, man? Come tooooo-“

The coordinator folded a flyer into a paper airplane, and let it fly against the wind towards Zack. “The Cave Rave! It’s a rave, in a cave, and it’s gonna blow everyone’s ******** SOCKS OFF!”

The flyer airplane whizzed past Zack and into the ocean far below. Kiedis snickered, and Jump stood frozen in his throwing position, blinking at his failure. “…that’s how somebody who doesn’t go to Cave Raves would throw a paper airplane! Like a b***h! You don’t wanna be that guy, do you? Hexum, give him a flyer.”

Hexum sighed and approached Zack, holding out a fresh flyer for the rave. “We’ve adjusted our budget so one hundred percent of it is for music.” The Lucario adjusted the glasses on the bridge of his nose. “For, uh, ‘maximum coolness.’ Please come, if no one comes he’ll make me dance.”

((Fyi, Jump's current appearance is my current avatar))  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games