Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
The Shimmering Starfish Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 pm
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, נυиє ①③тн

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②④⑧
( ⑧ мσитнs, ⑤ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:44 am
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling amused. || I'm speaking to a stranger. || I'm wearing full white || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

The overhead bell jingled when she pushed open the door to her old workplace, and despite working for a different establishment, now, she always felt at home whenever she stepped into the peaceful bar located downtown. Golden orbs scanned the establishment, a smile breaking through her stoic expression when her gaze met the familiar eyes of the bartender.

“You’re looking beautiful today.”
”Don’t I always?” she bounced back a cheeky remark, brushing her thick raven tresses over her shoulder. The establishment smelled of fried delicacies paired with the lovely aroma of alcohol, and woodworks. Her footsteps squeaked against the well polished floorboards while she made her way towards the wooden bar counter she had grown to love so much. She recalled the days she refused to return home when her shift has long since ended, always sitting on the fourth seat from the entrance while she sipped on her very favourite cocktail: screwdriver. She missed the cheerful moments spent in the quiet, slow-paced workplace, greeting the usual faces whenever they come strolling, some sober, while some, drunk. She vaguely wondered if they could ever recall what she looked like, of if they had even spoken to her at all. A quiet chuckle escaped her lips, though a certain someone has caught her attention. A young man, she supposed, laying face down upon the counter-top while he sat upon her usual spot. Vixen strode towards the counter, seating on the third seat, while her golden gaze inspected his features. The overhead lights shone down upon his chiseled features, and she’d raise a brow in amusement. He wasn’t a regular, but he wasn’t a new face either. It came as a surprise to find him in such a.. disheveled state.

Her drink, to which she has yet ordered, was placed in front of her. A warm coloured drink, topped with an orange slice on the rim of the glass. Her usual, acid-on-acid drink. Her coat hung off her shoulders, and she’d sit by and ponder if she should speak to the man. Usually, they’d speak of they wished to, if not, the fox would choose to leave them be. However, this time around, the fox wasn’t quite ready to have someone dying on her seat. Petite hands reached forth to gently nudge him by the shoulder. ”You alright, hun? You look like you could be doing better.” he most certainly could, given the way he usually had a smug expression plastered to his face, though it is refreshing to see another side to him. Perhaps a better sight of him next time--

Out.Of.Crocodiles: sorry for the lame post- am a little rusty q n q

whiters4

PUMMMY

Trash

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 pm
User Image
User Image

”Dove, We need to talk........

--

.....I made a vow of amnesty to you that I have always kept...even when I didn’t like what I had to tell you.”

"I'm sorry"

Alexus’s slender and uncalloused fingers twitched along a bone dry crystal glass, which, having gone an hour empty, was warmed enough to match his fevered body temperature. Why hadn’t the blackness come to claim him yet? Drink after drink he’d thrown back until the bartender refused him a drop more; he’d consumed so much that neon outlines seemed to swarm every shape in the room and sweep it by with subsonic speed. He watched shadows enter and exit his line of sight in something like a time lapse, a stop motion camera, once he began closing his eyes to encourage what he’d thought was the inevitable forced sleep. ”Is this how Sunshine felt?” Physically unable to sleep, he didn’t even need the weight of guilt to help do it. ”Is this what Alva feels like?” Perpetually trapped out of time and yet left to watch the course of it’s evolution all around you. ”Is this what Rylee has always felt like?” Not likely, maybe a lot worse. Alexus let his eyes drift shut once more, grunting with a gutteral rumble of his chest as he rolled his brow against the sticky cool grain of the polished bar top.

”PPPlease don’t leave me...I haven’t been alone in...five years.”

Not since the day he’d married her, not since he decided he would give her forever. This side of forver hadnt amounted to very much. He went still, limp, relaxing his muscles; hopefully his brain would follow.

”Dont make me listen to s-silence...””

Could she just take his calls? Respond to his texts? Turn him away herself instead of...Alexus growled, snarled, really, feeling the recycled wood vibrate under his cheek. Sicking her dad on him like that, how dare she. That man whom never once wanted them together, whom was all too happy to take a cheap shot the moment the reaper opened the door. And Tyrese! Where did that guy get off?! All sounds had fallen away some time ago, he didnt know when, until it was there again. Like the crack of a whip it was there, plush and soft like a feather brushing againt his ear. Alexus angled his head one way, squinting against the light to flutter half shut eyes over the figure perched beside him like a dove on an olive branch. He knew this face, though it was strange seeing her not hung off that...muscle head from the spring fling. He could see her exquisite clothing wasn’t exclusive to special occasions.

More importantly- His eyes narrowed on her drink, then up to the bartender pleadingly. All he received was a shake of the head before he was staring at their back, a half sneer forming on his lips, too tired to remain there. Okay then. Like a boomerang he was back on the ravenette, a dry tonge swipping over his lips. ”You are asking that ironically, aren’t you? I hope so, you- you...Breathtaking woman.” His tongue flipped and flopped, escaping him like a bar or wet soap. Not even if he wanted could he properly enunciate, but he hardly noticed as he gazed her over, wondering WHY she cared to ask. ”So what’s the catch?”

Reaper |◈|Agenda: Pass Out |◈|With: ?? |
                                            |◈| Wearing: TBA/ Driving |◈|Living @: 1414 Doux |◈|Spending funds: $1146
                                            |◈|Last Purchase: |◈| Humanity: XXXXXX

OutOfCigarettes: Why is it that the two people I put on pedestal insist on tearing themselves down >:v

New speech: #008a28
X

yo punny nut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:56 am
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

I'm feeling amused. || I'm speaking to a stranger. || I'm wearing full white || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

”You are asking that ironically, aren’t you? I hope so, you- you...Breathtaking woman.”

She wasn’t exactly sure if he was trying to insult her, and failed, or if it was the alcohol speaking, but either way, the fox chose to take the words of flattery as a compliment. A laugh escaped her lips, and she simply answered with a mild shake of her head. Golden orbs met a striking shade of crimson for a split second, before they followed after his, to the bright coloured cocktail that settled within the clasp of her hand. Her tails fell loosely down the back of the bar stool, and stood erect on the ends with a gentle sway. Her ears were perked, and turned outwardly, as a sign of mild amusement. The bartender turned away from the reaper’s gaze, and it took a tremendous effort to not laugh, though honestly speaking, she wasn’t all that cheerful herself. Much better in comparison to a month prior, but still down in the slumps from her recent breakup.

”Just because you called me breathtaking. It’s on me.” She pushed her drink in his direction, a quiet offer to the pleading gaze he shot the bartender, before she demanded for an additional glass of red wine. He was denied drinks. That much she understood after seeing him in this state, but surely, they won’t refuse her request for two drinks at one go? Though if the reaper refused, two drinks doesn’t sound too bad of an idea.

”So what’s the catch?”

”What do you mean? What’s wrong with being concerned about another’s well-being?” she asked, taking a sniff of the wafting aroma of the wine before pressing the rim of the wine glass against her lips to take a small sip. The liquid rolled across her tongue, a lovely sweetness spreading through her paletes. It was only after a short moment of enjoyment that she finally redirected her gaze towards the man. This time, she was able to grasp hold of his facial features. Black locks spiked upwards, and smooth unblemished chiseled features, despite his current state. ”I just don’t want anyone dying here on my seat, is all.” a joke uncalled for. She toyed with a stray lock between her fingertips, pondering just what was the possible cause of his undoing. Was he fired from his job? Lost a client? Perhaps a fallout with a partner? The fox didn’t know, and would refrain from pressing his issue any further.

”It’s just an old habit of mine. Can’t exactly leave customers unattended to, can I?” she shrugged, savouring another sip of her wine.

Out.Of.Crocodiles: Why is it that the person I put on pedestal insist on tearing herself down >8(

whiters4

PUMMMY

Trash

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:24 pm
User Image
User Image

The clouds may as well have parted to release a golden ray of light onto the fuzzy eared female, that was the way it seemed for Alexus in the most bizarre way possible. He had to blink, convincing himself the thing that was really important was in her hand and less so her face. So she wasn't being ironic, and maybe that meant his pain wasn't all that obvious. Thinning his lips, the reaper moved his ruby eyes and sighed. "Oh? I won't believe you if you say I'm the first to use breathtaking. You've heard every synonym in the dictionary, twice." With heaving grunts and huffs of exertion, Alexus shuffled his elbows to an angle that could lift him upright. His spine hadn't wanted to corporate but the alcohol was enticing beyond belief. Grabbing the black straw dangled delicately to one side, he pulled it up and tapped the droplets away. It was laid away on a napkin while the writer opted to steal heavy gulps from the glass. He'd lay it away again with a loud gasp, cupping it between two hands as it was at risk of being stolen.

Her question received silence and a stray gaze, one almost hypnotized by the bright color of his midday poison. People want you to think the world is getting more progressive and 'nice,' but really, it's more selfish and disconnected than it's ever been, that was his honest opinion. Had he refused her nicety because of it? That question answered itself. He tried to smile, but other than the twitch of his lip and his lighter tone, he couldn't fain his pleasantries to her level. "My a** must've covered up your name plate, my apologies. Dying in back alleys is more my style anyway." Even his laugh felt like dry dust. The real joke is that he's incapable of dying, a stinging sour irony rather than a bitter one. If she is an animal, could she pick up the scent of death and hellfire off his skin? He'd know if she suddenly got weary of him, not that she looked to have a traditional lifespan herself- what was there for her to fear. Offering what he felt was a steady hand, the reaper tried thanking her for the drink by way of an introduction. "I'm Alex, and it's a pleasure, my dear."

Reaper |◈|Agenda: Pass Out |◈|With: ?? |
                                            |◈| Wearing: TBA/ Driving |◈|Living @: 1414 Doux |◈|Spending funds: $1146
                                            |◈|Last Purchase: |◈| Humanity: XXXXXX

OutOfCigarettes: i don't 💩 on my writing, so it's different

New speech: #008a28
X

yo punny nut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:17 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, נυиє ①④тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②④⑨
( ⑧ мσитнs, ⑥ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:26 pm
THIRSTY THURSDAY (21+)

User Image

Welcome, welcome!
Stop by to have a drink and socialize!

Take a minute to drop by The Shimmering Starfish and take a drink with
your neighbors! Everyone around the city is more than welcome to stop by and
meet a new friendly face; possibly make new friends or lovers *wink*!
As soon as each entrant walks to the door, there is a tall, handsome and
raven haired bodyguard standing in the doorway, his arms crossed. He'll
promptly ask for your ID, check it over several times in a very sharp, quick
manner and hand it back to you. If you pass, he'll nod. If not, he'll kindly turn
you away the first time. Try again and he'll be sure to keep you out of the
vicinity for good. Aubrey's always up for helping a minor start a little drink!
But tonight -- this is specifically for the adults of the city!

Immediately inside there's a small table with name tags and sharpies for
those confident enough to wear their name on their shirt.There also seems to
be a little hidden tab beneath it labeled "species", but small enough that
someone would have to check twice and really lean in order to catch it. The
owner isn't oblivious to the supernatural that surrounds the city. There's soft
but semi-upbeat music playing from the speakers above and a smooth,
purplish light gleaming on each booth to match the painted walls.

Each person that walks in is offered a free drink! After that you're on your
own, just be sure to tip our lovely bartender!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:24 am
                User ImageUser Image
                                                              Millie greeted the bouncer as she walked up to the establishment. For once she was all dolled up, makeup and everything! She felt she had to be given the event Bree was putting on an event at the Starfish today. While it was never explicit instruction to look her best for it, she didn't want to disappoint her boss given the depressive episode she was currently going through. In fact, she didn't even want to come to work today despite the fun atmosphere, but if she took too many sick days she'd have nothing but the brunette's wrath to deal with. Millie shuddered at the idea of getting yelled at and then losing her job. She didn't want to disappoint her dad; yet again. As she pushed through the front door, she walked to the back of the bar to set her things away in her locker before coming back out to start working. There were a few people already mingling with staff and patrons, but it wasn't crowded yet. Maybe she would make enough in tips to take a small vacation so she could clear her head. Just a couple of days. A three day weekend to visit her dad maybe! The excitement from the very idea was enough to put a bit of pep in her step. Walking around behind the bar, she smoothed out her skirt; something she never wore. She needed to look her best!

"Oh!" she gasped as she casually jogged over to the table with the name tags. While she wasn't necessarily apart of the event, it would be a good way to break the ice! While writing her name she paused. The small letters under her name made her stop to think about just how much she was afraid of what she was. She didn't understand her lineage and it was only made worse by her broken psyche. Actually, not only did she not understand it, she downright hated it! Closing her crystal blue eyes tight as she tried to calm down enough that the tips of her fingers would stop glowing blue as they began forming ghostly fireballs. This was going to be a good day! She would make sure of it! As the tingling sensation subsided she finished the little white tag before sticking it against her sleeve. Spinning around on her heel, Millie marched her way back to the bar to attend to the patrons currently beginning to overwhelm her coworker.

Name: Millie
                                                              Species: Banshee
                                                                    「 ☞ OOC: 「 ☞ MONEY: $995.25 xxxx

Quote:

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:43 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Lysander tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the doorman to look over his ID. He was clearly old enough to be here, though barely. Though the guy was quick with his duty, the blonde still felt he was too slow for him. This was often the case with the world around him because of his high speed, but he adjusted well enough. Once handed back, it was snatched and placed back into his wallet before waltzing into the bar. The Shimmering Starfish. As far as Lysander could remember this would be the first time stepping foot into this particular bar. He preferred Neon Lights because the dancers took their clothes off. Yes, he was much more partial to the naked body than not. Of course, he wouldn't turn down the before parts because that was part of the fun! The chase. As the predatory type it was only natural he would enjoy such a thing. While he enjoyed spending time with his niece, he needed some tail!

Looking around, gaining a sense of his surroundings, he took note of the friendly and upbeat feel of this bar. It wasn't bad. Casual and welcoming. Strolling his way up to the bar, he took note of a few people already trickling in besides the staff. He must have gotten here just as it was starting. Normally he wasn't so punctual, but with nothing else to do today it wasn't like he had anything holding him up. Lysander stopped at a small table with a stack of name tags and grabbed one. Picking up a sharpie sitting next to the stack, he quickly scribbled his details on the paper in surprisingly beautiful handwriting before sticking it to his chest. THWACK! The sound of his palm slapping against his chest could be heard over the barely bustling bar. He didn't care for the interruption though and continued his way to the bar. Grabbing a seat, he pulled one of the bartenders over and asked for a menu. With a quick glance over his choices he asked for a Lava Flow before sliding the menu back and looking out at the rest of the bar while he waited.

Name: Lysander
Species: Half Demon

Galaxious Yums

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:55 am
User Image

User Image

1105 Etoile Housing District

네가 가까워지면 ..

╔══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╗

Esmée hummed softly as she walked down the street, her heels clicking against the pavement. She had heard that some kind of event would be going on today and being the party/social type of person she was more than happy to get all dressed up. She even curled her long locks even though it took a little while. Her normally purple irises were now a striking gold color since she had used one of her glamour potions. Soon she found herself standing in front of a place called the Shimmering Starfish where the event was being held. After getting her ID checked by the good looking bodyguard, she pushed open the door and stepped inside. If he hadn't looked so gruff she probably would've tried to flirt a bit. Oh well there'd probably be more attractive people gathering for the event. This was definitely a more mellow kind of bar compared to Neon Lights. Not that she really minded, as much as she liked to dance sometimes it was just nice to sit and get a drink or two. Noticing a table nearby she strolled over and looked it over. Interestingly there were name tags set out. Deciding to play along she quickly wrote her name down before her eyes noticed something extra. Of course she had to double check making sure that she read that right. Looks like people could display their species. Being quite proud of her heritage she had no problem jotting down that she was a witch. It'd be cool to learn what other supernatural beings inhabited the city. After sticking the name tag onto her dress she casually made her way to the bar and took a seat. It didn't take long for her eyes to spot the cute bartender behind the counter. She picked up a nearby menu and looked over what kind of drinks they served. They all sounded good and she was glad that she had a high alcohol tolerance. Her lips quirked up in a smile as she quickly made a decision. She looked up and raised a hand before, "Yoo-hoo, excuse me sugar!" she called out cheerfully. She was excited to meet some new people being an active social butterfly. Heck she might even make more than a friend today.

╚══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╝

╔.♄.═════════╗
ღ My Money: $923 ღ My Location: Shimmering Starfish ღ My Company: ?? ღ My Relationship: Single ღ My Outfit: Event + Makeup & Hair ღ My Thoughts: Hmm~ ღ My Mood: Cheerful ღ My Inventory: Purse
ღ My Profile: Right Here! My Job: N/A

ღ ❝OOC❞:

AnnoyedPanda

Quote:

╚═════════.♄.╝

나는 너에게 마법을 쓸거야.

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 am
                User ImageUser Image
                                                              Shuffling around, mixing drinks and washing dishes, Millie was yanked out of her rhythm by the sound of cooing voice. Crystal blues scanned along the bar before resting onto the form of a woman she hadn't notice before. Where had she come from? 'That's a dumb question. Outside obviously.' Kicking herself for thinking something so dumb and obvious, she side stepped over to the young woman. Taking a look at her, Millie guessed that she was about her age. Well, she looked to be in her twenties. There was no way to know for sure without asking and some women didn't like you asking. The woman's purple and pink hair made her wonder if it was natural, like her own. Her own blue and white hair was as natural as blonde, or brown. It was something that always made her a loner because other kids were cruel. That was okay though, she grew to love her strange hair and she enjoyed the colors this woman's was. Giving the woman a friendly smile, her best to make her look as normal as possible. She was working. All other problems had to be pushed aside. "How can I help you..." she trailed off as she looked at the name tag on her chest. "Esmee?"

KawaiiYukiHime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm
User Image

User Image

1105 Etoile Housing District

네가 가까워지면 ..

╔══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╗

Esmée rested her arm on the bar and leaned her face against it. Her eyes subtly went looking for a name tag on the woman as well as taking a chance to look over her as a whole. Up close she was even cuter, but she kept that to herself for now. She'd get a few drinks in her before starting up her usual brand of flirting. While unsure if it was natural or dyed, not that it really mattered, she really liked the woman's hair. It matched very nicely with her pretty blue eyes. With the way her hair naturally was she knew that depending on the circumstances some people's hair were colored differently than the norm. She spotted the name tag on the other's sleeve and gave a gentle, friendly smile, "Well hey there Millie, could I get a Hurricane?" she asked sweetly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She had tried said drink during her trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, as well as visiting family, and it was rather tasty. Then again she wasn't exactly the most picky when it came to drinks, she did find that she preferred sweet drinks over harder liquor not caring for the bitter taste. Though she didn't have a true aversion to them, goodness knows she had more than enough memories of parties with tequila shots, jager and sake bombs. Ooh and chocolate cake shooters were fun on her birthday. Now that she was thinking about it she was sure she saw that on the menu during her visit to Neon Lights. Definitely something to check out another time. She had to hold back a silly grin as she remembered the numerous times she did body shots, both doing the drinking and being drank off of. Now that was a surefire way to break the ice at a party.

╚══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╝

╔.♄.═════════╗
ღ My Money: $923 ღ My Location: Shimmering Starfish ღ My Company: Millie ღ My Relationship: Single ღ My Outfit: Event + Makeup & Hair ღ My Thoughts: This is going to be fun! ღ My Mood: Cheerful ღ My Inventory: Purse
ღ My Profile: Right Here! My Job: N/A

ღ ❝OOC❞:

AnnoyedPanda

Quote:

╚═════════.♄.╝

나는 너에게 마법을 쓸거야.

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 pm
                User ImageUser Image
                                                              Was she-...Millie straightened herself a bit. Was she staring? Uncomfortable under the golden gaze, she brushed her own hair out of her face as she let her eyes shift away a few moments before returning to their present company. "Uhm..." she trailed off, her uneasiness obvious to anyone looking at her. She didn't do well with lots of attention. Millie was not the type that liked to be the center of attention. In fact, she downright hated it! It always made her feel like people were judging her, the way they bore holes into her soul. Creepy. "Yeah! Yeah, of course!" she finally added with a lopsided smile. She had to remember that she would get lots of looks working as a bartender. Bree had given her a few pointers on how to make more tips and build a customer base, but she was just so socially awkward that she failed at attempting them all. Slightly turning her body, turning it back to Esmée and finally turning to face the wall of alcohol, Millie smiled to herself. While she had no idea the signs of flirting, Millie couldn't deny that Esmée was a looker. She seemed to exude confidence; something she couldn't do herself. There was a small, nearly inaudible, chuckle from the bluenette as she grabbed a lamp-shaped glass for the drink and a mixer.

"So, the first drink is on us. All others are on you," she explained as she jumped onto her tiptoes to try and reach for a bottle. The skirt of her dress slipped up the back of her thighs with this stretch of her body, but she didn't seem to notice; or care. Huffing in annoyance at the fact that she was to short to reach the alcohol. Pushing her lips to one side, Millie looked around for the step stool and smiled happily when she found it. Scooting the stool back to the wall of liquid, she was able to grab all the alcohols she needed and began mixing. After hours of practice and learning, she was confident at making drinks. Not all drinks, and even occasionally the ones they served, but she had enough that she didn't always doubt her new skills. One part dark rum. One part white rum. Half part over-proofed rum. Passion fruit syrup. Lemon juice. With ice already in the shaker, Millie covered it and began to shake the concoction; her chest bouncing along. "Alrighty~" she cooed with a smile as she set the empty glass in front of Esmée and began to pour the finished product. Tossing the mixer in the sink to be washed, she excitedly looked back to her patron. "Oh!" Millie ducked under the bar to grab a pineapple slice and jammed it on the rim of the glass, along with a straw. "Now, you're good to go."

KawaiiYukiHime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:07 am
User Image
User Image

❝Yσu'vє lσѕt ѕσmєσnє αnd it hurtѕ. Yσu mαy hαvє lσѕt thєm ѕuddєnly, unєхpєctєdly. Or pєrhαpѕ yσu bєgαn lσѕing piєcєѕ σf thєm until σnє dαy, thєrє wαѕ nσthing lєft. Yσu mαy hαvє knσwn thєm αll yσur lifє σr yσu mαy hαvє bαrєly knσwn thєm αt αll.❞
                                        ╔═════════════════════════════════════╗

Megara wasn’t much of a drinker. She hadn’t had much experience in the area, outside of a glass of champagne or wine here and there at social gatherings. So what drew her to this darling establishment? Nothing other than a sudden impulse to meet new people. The former ballerina hadn’t had a chance to make many new friends in this city, and found herself rather lonesome. She hated the feeling, hated the lack of distraction. For without it, she dwelled on matters left buried deep. Who didn’t have something to hide? Meg anxiously fingered the slender wedding band at her throat while a tall man checked over her ID. He was admittedly quite handsome, she couldn’t help the faint pink that heated her cheeks when he met her gaze. She was easily flustered, not just around attractive people or men. Unaware of holding her breath, she breathed a small sigh of relief and felt herself relax a little as he returned her small laminated card to her with the faintest of smiles. At least he seemed nice. That was a good start. Offering him an uncertain smile of her own, she tucked the card away in her clutch purse and continued onwards, taking in the foreign surroundings and the people already gathered. She spotted a familiar face, but didn’t approach the blonde. She didn’t want to bother him..

“Okay, Megara. You’re going to be yourself, and have fun, and make lots of new friends! But first, a drink.”

She pinched her cheeks softly and a rare smile lit up her plain features, transforming them. The disgraced heiress made her way to the bar and waited patiently to be seen to before ordering a Lavender Lemonade. She’d move on to the heavier stuff later on, for now she wanted to ease herself into it. She hadn’t been out in a crowd like this for a long time. While the bartender made her drink, her fingers gently brushed across the smooth, lacquered surface of the bar. It was beautifully made, even she could tell that much. Whomever owned the place, had done an amazing job. She admired them. This place was simply beautiful. Stilling her hands movements as a glass was placed before her on a plain serviette, she looked up and murmured a small ‘thank-you’ that probably went unheard. Now that she had herself a drink, it was time to find someone to talk to. But who? She was too shy and self-conscious to approach any of the beautiful women she saw, and she didn’t want to bother Lysander with her presence again, but that didn’t leave her many options. Finally, her doe eyes settled upon a lone figure seated at the far end of the bar counter. He was big, possibly the tallest man she’d seen. But then, she didn’t get out much. Part of her was intimidated by his mere presence, but another part of her.. was willing to give socialising a go. And why not with him? Sure, he looked a little rough around the edges, but one shouldn’t judge a book by his cover. Being the timid little bunny she was, Meg was slow in her cautious approach of the male, holding her cool drink in one hand and the clutch purse and serviette in the other. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she reached him. What should she say? Her heart hammered unexpectedly in her chest, as her social awkwardness and anxiety threatened to thwart her plans of befriending at least one person.

“Uhm, h-hello there.” She cringed at how meek she sounded, and tried to sound a little more confident as she continued speaking. “How has your day been?” Such a generic question and one that was completely ridiculous given the time, but it was one that popped out of her lips nonetheless. Couldn’t she have come up with something better to say?

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝

XXXXXXXXX Either way, it is irrelevant—
                        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOCATION → [(enter) Shimmering Starfish]
                        COMPANY → [A few]
                        FEELING → [Sociable, shy]
                        DATING → [...]
                        ATTIRE → [Something simple]
                        OOC → [It’s a bit short-]

❝You cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts upon you.❞

yo punny nut

ShadowStar369

Opinionated Waffles

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:45 pm
User Image

❛There is a place in the heart that will never be filled, a space.
And even during the best moments and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever.
There is a place in the heart that will never be filled.. and we will wait, and wait in that space.❜

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to a stranger. || I'm wearing casual attire || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

Caius has long since been sitting at the far end of the counter, from the initially empty bar, through the growing crowd. Should he have known today was an event, the military man would have chose to stay home. Hazel browns scanned the countertop, avoiding any means of socializing aside from the few small talks he’d have with drinkers who pass him by every now and then. He fiddled with the old fashion glass of his third whiskey in hand: redbreast neat. The purest form of whiskey that offered him the burn he so desperately craved for all these while. His kids weren’t here, and he supposed after helping a woman move into her house the previous day, he’d at least deserve to let loose? Though upon realizing how much he drank, he felt this was beginning to become more than a simple.. relaxing night of drinking. He felt mildly bitter, his metal fingers quietly tapping against the polished counter top, barely heard by the overpowering music and chattering in the background. It was a slow day, much slower than he had expected. His free hand ran through his lengthy ash brown locks, brushing them backwards to reveal a face that had begun to suffer the ravages of time, spotting mild layers of wrinkles upon his forehead. If it weren’t for his prosthetic arms, with the way his appearance was made up of a fitting white shirt, black sweatpants and a thin dress shirt on the outside, he could easily pass off as an old surfer boy.

He brought the glass to his lips, taking a good whiff of its lovely aroma before downing the rest in a go. His eyebrows furrowed into a tight knot, followed by a low grunt and a small wave for the bartender to refill his now empty glass. “Uhm, h-hello there.” a gentle voice sounded beside him, and if it weren’t for the reflection on the glass shelf, he would have brushed it off as a one of his many haunting halucinations. His head turned, hazel browns meeting a pair of darker browns belonging to a petite woman, with smooth tresses that fell loosely around her shoulders, and a simple off-white laced one piece. ”Hey, sweetheart.” With the way she behaved, and the words she spoke, he could only try to assume that she doesn’t come to these places often? A smile crept onto his features as she spoke her next set of words: “How has your day been?”

”Slow.” he answered briefly, his eyes focusing on his drink, before returning to her once more. It struck him strange that off all people, she chose to approach someone like him. A man most had avoided due to his rugged appearance as less than.. human arm. ”Standing around won’t do you no good. Take a seat.” he motioned with his head, gesturing towards the empty seats beside him, should she choose to keep her distance.

”First time?” his gaze downcast, meeting the golden brown colour of his drink that reflected the lights and his.. unkempt locks. He didn’t bother making any effort to deepen the conversation. Should she try to leave mid-way, it wouldn’t be as awkward for the both of them. Or at least, he assumed. After all, what good would come from a conversation between a young, sophisticated lady, and a rugged, old man?

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ShadowStar369

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games