Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

petit_diable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm
Hey!
Thanks for accepting me into the guild.
(I know this is on the long side. You don't have to read this.)

Why did I join? I joined because I am pro-choice and I want to be at least a little bit active.

Why am I pro-choice? I am pro-choice because I believe that up to a certain time (maybe not even until the end of the 3rd month), the fetus/embryo can hardly be called human. In fact, up through the 3rd month, the fetus could just as well turn out to be a rabbit instead of a human if it weren't for the fact that it's parents are human. Now, who wants to bet on how many pro-lifers don't mind eating rabbits, chickens, fish, etc.?
Plus, what if the mother knows that the baby will most likely lead a very poor life? What if her own life will be ruined? These sorts of questions were thrown at me when I was about 8 or 9. One of my best friends mother was pregnant. Our families were close, so I knew that "baby Makaila" not only was going to have a cleft lip, but severe head, brain, and heart problems when she was born and would live no more than a year - and possibly in pain even then.
My friend's parents decided against abortion, but my own mom talked to me about abortion when I asked if there was any way to fix Makaila's problems.
Ever since then I've been pro-choice.

More about me: I won't give my real name, but you can call me Elodie if you want (it's one of my many nicknames).
I enjoy politics, reading, and writing, as well as swimming and horse-back riding. I love horses, cats, french, and acting among other things. However, I do not enjoy eating mammals (long story).
I have a cat and used to have a dog before he died last week. cry
Like Kabocha-chan, I can be very sarcastic, and I always enjoy sarcastic humor. As I have said multiple times before, I only mean half of what I say, I only say half of what I mean, and only half of what I say makes sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:51 pm
Why I joined:

I decided today to randomly stick around in the main abortion thread and debate. Someone gave me a bouquet of blue daisies as a gift, and I was like "Yay random nice people". Little did I know that it was a guild event being held, and I became very interested in joining.

Why am I pro-choice:

Because I believe that a fetus is nothing more than a pile of flesh, a non-sentient parasite, and I don't understand why anyone would give something which can't even percieve it's own existance a "right to life". They better give our pets the right to vote for politicians first.

More about me:

I'm very shy, I have Agoraphobia (fear of crowds). When I'm around close friends though, I become extremely social and happy. I love music, and I make my own electronic music. I used to be a prominent EDer, but that has somewhat ebbed since I became emersed in The Rainbow Connection and the avatar arena. I'm in love with gimmeTOKYO, real name Tora (well, it's a nickname, but that's what I call him 3nodding ).  

Eshmasesh

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:08 pm
Heya! Welcome all you members!

Elodie, I'm sorry your dog died. That must be sad, losing a beloved companion... I'm really sorry to hear that.
I do not enjoy eating mammals either, or any multi-celluar being of the Kingdom Animalia for that matter. Welcome to the guild! I hope you're have LOTS AND LOTS of funnehs here. Pick up a Blue Daisy Boquet too, by the way, I believe that a kind soul has taken it upon herself to give out boquettes...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:14 pm
Heya Eshmasesh! Ooo, saw you in the Blue-Daisy Beauty (or Beau..... whee ) Pagaent!

Oh yes, I'm a murderess every month... Hey, but I'd like for my pets to have the right to vote, ya know! They're (pets, not politicians) very intelligent and sentient really. heart Better yet, make the pets PRESIDENTS!

Well, we're all one big happy snuggly-guild, kinda! heart I hope you'll feel right at heart here. We won't bite... Unless if you make comparisions of abortion to the Holocaust! rofl Joking. Ooo, music is the gift of hearts, eh? Can we see (hear) some of your compositions maybeh?  

The Velveteen Violinist

TheDemonNurse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:57 am
Hiya! You can call me Casey since that's my real name.

I'm pro-choice just because I believe you should have the right to do whatever you want with your body and it should be a woman's choice whether or not she has an abortion or whatever it else she wants to do with her body.

So I suppose that's it. I'm actually pretty "active" in the guild despite my lack of posting. I mostly just read and absorb it all into my brain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:07 pm
Hello Miss Casey! Pleased to have you here! heart *Pumps more knowledge* Eat, meh pretties!  

The Velveteen Violinist

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:01 pm
Welcome to the guild everyone! I hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, as this is a place to house tons of knowledge.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:16 am
Hello.

About me: I won't say my real name, I already give one letter of it and my last name in my user name razz Since in my experience, nobody but people that speak my own language manage to pronounce my name, just call me RM. I'm 17, male, I live in Portugal, a country with pro-life laws stare I like to read, lurk in forums (yes, I lurked here for quite a bit before I joined xd ), play videogames, laugh at stupidity (unless it's too stupid and makes me want to kill the person), and that's about it...

Why am I pro-choice: It's honestly something that I am ever since I learned about what happens in pregnancy... The pro-life side just doesn't... Makes logic sense to me...

Why did I join: Well because I'm pro-choice (duh), and I like to read logical arguments, and information. smile  

RMarques

StickeyNoteninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 am

'ello all ^^

About me~ Well, my name is Erin but I relly don't care what y'all call me. I'm a southerner and I do talk like it at times (In real life I have a horrible Southern accent --; ) I'm not too fond of small children and I have quite a few phobias stare

Why I am pro-choice~ I'm pro-choice because I had to go through an abortion a few years back and my parents were trying to basically force me to keep the child. And that didn't suit me at all.

Why did I join~ Someone (I really can't remember their username sweatdrop ) gave me the bouquet of dasies and told me about this guild.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:31 am
Hello Everyone my name is Deborah..Most call me Seiriana.
I joined this guild because i really want to understand the logic behind peoples opinons and even the illogical.

I'm Pro-Choice at the moment,but i think it really depends on if a woman just is too busy to have the child,taking responsibility is something i believe strongly in as well.

I hope to chat with you all and send me a line anytime you feel the need.

Fairy Sadistic

Faerlie

Tiny Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:11 am
So, I just joined this guild.
I don't have time now for a lengthy introduction...now. I'll get one put together and post it sometime in the near future, my lovelies. <3

Um, you can call me anything you like really:

Hannahsaurus
Hannah! :OOO
Melisaurus
Meli
Melisande
Arianna
Melisande Arianna
ARISAURUS. :OOO
Chikadee
Tapioca
Pudding

Whatever you think is fun. biggrin DD I adore nicknames, so throw those at me, I'll probably answer to them even if they aren't mine. XD

Um...so anyway...Yeah Pro-choice, otherwise I wouldn't be in this guild. ;D

...AND I'M FRIENDS WITH ERNIE. ONOZ. NOT THAT.

DDD:

...Kidding.

--Melisaurus;;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:11 pm

You can just call me Kuro or Bard. Some of the people here in the guild know me, I've been sort of spotty as far as debating in the abortion thread.

I'm pro-choice for any-time during the pregnancy, for any reason. There should'nt be any questions asked, however I think if the female is in a relationship, she should discuss this with her partner before getting an abortion. I know that the majority of women who get abortions were also using some form of protection; but it's not very responsible (in my opinion) if you don't use any form of protection and get an abortion, and then keep doing this everytime you get pregnant, but I follow the stance that it's none of my business, her choice is her choice.

Just wanted to join to talk to other pro-choicers and be around them so I would'nt feel like I'm the only one sometimes :p

Kuro_Kitsune_Bard

Shirtless Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

Salarschla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:19 pm
Hello my name is Minne.
I joined because I fear that the pro-lifers may still cause trouble for plenty of women if they stand alone on the stage.
Why you are pro-choice: Because children are our future, we shouldn't treat them as a punishment or as anything less than human beings.
Children deserve love, security, ample food and care, education and freedom.
As do we all. The difference is, children can't choose their life, we can.

Oh, there quite much about me. Any question is welcome.
I have gone through two abortions, the first at 15. Cause: failing contraceptives.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:08 pm
Hello! My name is Shadow. It may be a bit late for this post, but I consider myself to still be fairly new. I joined this guild because I am adamantly pro-choice. I also support the equal rights ammendment. I've been considering joining this guild for a while now, but I only just joined recently. I hope that I can help in the movement to spread the message of choice and not oppression. I also hope that I can make a few new friends here!

Live Long and Eat Ootoru!
Shadow  

shadowcaptainess

Muddles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:13 pm
Hello, my name is Muddles.

I joined this guild because I am pro-choice (-GASP-), and I want to be more active with my beliefs. I am pro-choice because the woman has the right to choose if she wants to have a fetus inside her, and that all children should be wanted.

As for a bit more about myself, I'm fifteen, agnostic, living smack dab in the middle of Ohio, a beginning writer, and a band nerd.

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games