Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Kaiba Seto Guild
YuGiOh cosplay images!|| Kai's a ho; now w/ moar bewbz! || Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai makes a hotter...
  Boy
  Girl
View Results

Gilderoy P Lockhart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:43 pm
Don't take this personally, Death-chan, but... sweatdrop
Given I'm a Catholic here and believe in the good Lord, but you sound like my brainwashed, diehard, pro-war, fiercely conservative classmate... lol Just slap me if you will...I need to shut my mouth. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Nope, that basically describes me. I take no offense to the affiliation.  

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Gilderoy P Lockhart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 pm
Death T-2
Nope, that basically describes me. I take no offense to the affiliation.

Not that I don't disagree with you of course! It's really awesome that you're so committed to God, that you have such a close spiritual connection with Him and you want your significant other to share those feelings.
My opinion, though, is that I really don't frankly care if my partner doesn't feel the same as I do for the Lord. But that's just me, of course.
Organized religion is just sort of blaise for me... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:46 am
Religion is free for me. Buddhists don't force people into ours, so we're okay with whatever you believe in. My cousin actually told the minister of his Christian wife, "I'll convert if I have to to marry her, but I don't belive in any of it." Soemthing along those lines. It was pretty funny to me. If I really had to make a list... I think I'd describe something extremely unlikely, if not impossible.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Gilderoy P Lockhart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 pm
jagged1
Religion is free for me. Buddhists don't force people into ours, so we're okay with whatever you believe in. My cousin actually told the minister of his Christian wife, "I'll convert if I have to to marry her, but I don't belive in any of it." Soemthing along those lines. It was pretty funny to me. If I really had to make a list... I think I'd describe something extremely unlikely, if not impossible.

Awesomeness! My Japanese teacher is Buddhist too. 3nodding I absolutely love the Zen Buddhist philosophy, it's so insightful and free of unnecessary "mechanisms" that inevitably lead to theistic leaders misusing it as a tool for controlling people.
I heart my boyfriend. heart heart heart

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 pm
Eiffel Tower? But you two look like a happy couple, so good for you. ^_^  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:43 pm
I can see a gorilla climbing all over that thing. xd

But I'm really not all that close to the Lord. If I wasn't raised in a Christian home I'd probably be really apathetic about religion in general. Most of the reason I'm setting my standards for a guy who's a strong Christian is so that there wouldn't be arguments about religion if marriage ocurs, and the same about kids.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:57 pm
woah. cosplay => sane religious discussion (shh. don't jynx it)

Interestingly enough, (while on the subject of different religions), I was just invited to my wiccan friend's coven. I'm kind of split over whether I should go. I dabbled in Wicca for a while, before I came to the conclusion that it wasn't (this is gonna sound weird) andrognyous enough for me. Most of the information and books I found seemed to focus on the Feminine energies, and ignore the Masculine, while Judeo-Christian religions focus on the Masculine, and ignore the Feminine.I can't seem to find a religion that places equal (and enough) emphasis on the two. Some traditional pagan ideas are supposed to, but the modern worship, I've found, does not.

xD Which is partly why I can't answer the "so, what religion are you?" question. Whe I rightfully say " I don't have one" they assume I'm agnostic or athiest. But that's not true. I'm a super-spiritual person, hell, I talk to my Guardian(s?) every night, but I've seem to have adopted many principles and ideas frm many different religions and philosophies. Can't explain that every time I get the question. =/ I usually stick to the (kinda true) "I'm a filthy New-Ager" line. Sure, I may have out there beliefs, (like the blunt " those fictional characters exist. In another dimention." ) but, like any other spiritual person, I have faith and a theologic kind of reasoning. =/

*babbles on again off-topic...*

Yeah... I look for similar interests, a personality more dominating then mine (which is hard to find. most people I know are more timid), or at least more outgoing. And that's basically it. I tend to follow my emotions when it comes to stuff like this, and if I have to weigh pros and cons, I know I don't really care for a person. :B  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:22 pm
I don't weigh pros and cons for other people. Not unless I'm really desperate to simplify something. Like my current situation with liking two guys who are brothers. And to add onto that, they are only two out of a set of quadruplets, where I'm best friends with the toher brother and sister. Oh, did I mention both of them are in 3-4 of my classes throughout the day? So, I actually sat down and wrote out this long logical list comparing the two, and all that got me was a headache and a waste of time and paper.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm
yeah, to me, at least, that means you don't like either of them. surprised or maybr you like both, so to avoid temptation shouldn't go for either.  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:18 pm
Option two. I know I do like them, but it would be the single weirdest thing to go out with either one, so, no moves on my part. Even if everyone who knows (thankfully, it's only four people) is taking sides.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:23 am
=/ I bet it still kinda sucks though... well, at least they don't hate you! <3 3nodding  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm
Er... not sure on one of them... We've been together in the same classes for 4 years, started off as rivals for the smartest in the class, toned it down now, but I'm still not sure whether he still completely dislikes me or if he's neutral about it now.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:17 pm
if it's toned down, It's prolly neutral.  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:40 pm
Good point. Okay, so I'm becoming a friend with one and reached neutral with the other. I'm okay with it staying like that.  
The Official Kaiba Seto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games