Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Lightsaber Lucas Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:58 pm
Good point.

Candidates:

Aayla, Leia, Mara, Jaina, Tahiri, Padme, Oola..who else?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:33 am
Winter and Mirax.
Hmm..
What about throwing Toryn Farr into the mix. Y'know, The girl who was coordinating Ion Cannon activities in Echo Base.
Her quote: "Stand by Ion Control....Fire."  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:07 am
Of course, we can't have Leia or Aalya in there. They get auto wins any time we put them into the vote.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:22 am
besides, Leia won last year.
Toryn needs her time in the sun.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Storm TK421

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:04 am
Nelowulf
Of course, we can't have Leia or Aalya in there. They get auto wins any time we put them into the vote.

you guys know whose got my vote....... ninja Aayla

(I saw the chick that played her when I went to SW weekend @ Disney in FL last June cool )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:30 am
Ok, someone really needs to set that up. Who's it gonna be?  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:57 pm
My laptop is bein serviced for munching battery, i have very limited time on this comp because its split between 2 bros and my mom.

You wanna go ahead?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:37 pm
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but my biggest issue with the prequels is the timeline! It completely goes against everything. Episode III, according to the movies, is only like 18-20 years before Episode IV. The clones wars were supposed to have been at least 30-40 years prior. And Anakin was not even supposed to become Vader until AFTER the clone wars. YEARS after. The Official Guide to the Star Wars Universe, from back in the 90s has all the basic events dated. This was something approved by Lucas! The time inconsistancies are horrible!!!

And don;t even get me started on the time jumps in Ep. III like Palpatine being able to race across the galaxy from Coruscant to Mustafar instantly after the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

It was just ALL poorly and planned and horrifically executed.

George Lucas should be linched and then the prequels remade, CORRECTLY.  

Autumn Caledonia

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:11 am
And thats what retcons are for.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:48 pm
is it just me or was anyone else superbly annoyed by the re-use and the over-use of the line " I have a bad feeling about this" in the prequels?? stare  

Storm TK421

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:15 pm
I didn't really notice that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:27 pm
ummmmmm hmmm i no princess leia would probably stab her self wit a saber so i wonder ho Jar Jar would do (it would be so amusing)  

Son Gotok

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:36 pm
Tazer49
is it just me or was anyone else superbly annoyed by the re-use and the over-use of the line " I have a bad feeling about this" in the prequels?? stare

to be honest, you'd have to be annoyed with the OT as well. Almost every major character says it.

Han, Leia, Luke, Kenobi, Anakin, 3P0.... just to name a few.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:38 pm
Nelowulf
Tazer49

to be honest, you'd have to be annoyed with the OT as well. Almost every major character says it.

Han, Leia, Luke, Kenobi, Anakin, 3P0.... just to name a few.

I agree that it is used many times in the OT, however, it was done well enough and spaced enough that it wasnt distracting...In the Prequels though, its just like "no, George, you ruined these films and making the characters say 'I have a bad feeling about this' is not going to make them anymore like the OT" Its like they're new movies, come up with something new. Lando says it as well...but I believe Han is the first to use it...so why does Anikin say it? Everyone in the OT picked it up off of Han...when Hayden says it in Ep. II, its just earsplitting. xp  

Storm TK421

Storm TK421

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:41 pm
Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought that the At-At walkers looked hawt in stop-animation format on film...but all this blue screen and digital crap is too used and worn out these days. Its almost like stop animation would be new and cool to the imbocilles out there who dont know what it is because they'd never seen the OT (or Wallace and Gromit or what have you) And besides, I think stop animation looks more realistic than a digitally animated creature/ mechanism.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games