Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

trish_lucky07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:38 pm

Lady Rayya
what about the new market's notifications? I swear to whatever is holy that I cringe everytime I am told I was "outbidded...."

THE WORD IS 'Outbid!' It is already past tense, and there is no need to make it into some cute kitty saying....

"U had an Itemz, but ur outbidded..." It's like some kindergarten ebay......

*shudder*

hehe..lol... 3nodding
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Lady Rayya
what about the new market's notifications? I swear to whatever is holy that I cringe everytime I am told I was "outbidded...."

THE WORD IS 'Outbid!' It is already past tense, and there is no need to make it into some cute kitty saying....

"U had an Itemz, but ur outbidded..." It's like some kindergarten ebay......

*shudder*

Didn't notice that before... wow, that's kinda funny in a sad sort of way... sweatdrop

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:54 pm

I don't get the lastest Dronze factorizer line: "Dronze was the only person to get a touchdown in hockey" Isn't that what touchdowns are? Hmmmm, I dunno...... But I agree with Rayya, french silk is the best pie ever. But I like donuts the most...... mmmmmm Krispy Kreme..........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Ravenlady13
I don't get the lastest Dronze factorizer line: "Dronze was the only person to get a touchdown in hockey" Isn't that what touchdowns are?

There's no touchdown in hockey. That's football.

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Ah. This could be why my cousins asked me not to come to their sports games anymore...... But I understand paintball, and rodeo.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Haha, paintball isnt the hardest to understand...Blam blam, youre out. Definatly one of the most fun games though.

Helies

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:53 pm

Paintball is a lot more intricate than you think...

especially once you know how the machine works.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:40 am

Just thought I would bump this topic up since it. Hasn't gotten any replies in roughly three days. So, has anyone seen any note worthy movies lately. I'm sort of out of the loop as far as movie go.

LanceCalvis
Crew

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:22 am

not lately.... although I did see Final Cut with Robin williams of DVD a few weeks ago. good movie.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:13 am

I haven't seen the movie but I haven't yet seen a bad movie with Robin Williams. Anything with Will Feril or Julia Roberts in it is an instant bust in my book. Speaking of amusing Comedies I have heard good things about I think I love my wife. I wanted to rent the movie but all copies were already checked out.

LanceCalvis
Crew

Black Hale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:22 am

Robin Williams... Bicentennial Man... I was quite a bit younger then...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:31 pm

#13.... here we go.

dronze
Quote:
okay this might make me unpopular

Unpopular? Are you serious? If your popularity is all your considering here, then might I point out that you're probably about to make a fool of yourself at several points in your big wall o' text.

Quote:
but is religous freedom all that great?

Yes, it is... It keeps us from ending up in the totalitarian grip of a religious extremeist government, not too unlike the ones you, yourself have been known to rant on about at length, in the middle east.

Quote:
I mean aethiests are against religions (maybe not directly so)
Actually, atheists choose not to believe in some higher power... they are not actively against religion, but I can see how they could quickly go against the followers of said religions, particularly for their willful ignorance of those who don't look at the world through the same pin-hole as they do.

Quote:
and religions all religions basically say at some point that killing innocents is wrong.
So why were there bombings of abortion clinics and the burning of black churches done by Extremist Christian groups (In the name of G*d, no less), and who's to say people are innocent?

Christianity says that persecution of others is wrong... In fact, in the sermon on the mount, did not Jesus say "Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of reightousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.(Matthew 5:10-12)"

This can be read 2 ways.... the first is the "Blessed are we who are persecuted because we believe in god, and those bastards that did this to us will burn for it." The second is a little more universal, and thought through... if the bible truly is universal, then would this not apply also to the groups being persecuted by the christians themselves?

Think about it: Jesus, himself, was against organized religion, getting people to walk away from the hierarchy, and the "holier than thou" attitude of the scribes and Pharisees (sp?)... to get in touch with G*d personally.

Quote:
betraying ones family is wrong.

Betrayal and heroism depend on what side of the equation you're on. Try not to use such loaded language in making an argument.

Quote:
stealing is wrong.

Because it harms the livelihood or way of life for another person.

Quote:
Now I'm not saying that aethiests don't believe such things, but why not believe in something that strongly believes in these?

You mean, like, oh, I dunno.... a non-corrupt legal system?

I don't know about you, but if I were to stand falsely accused of a crime, be it of man's law, or "G*d's" law, I sure as hell would want some sort of physical legal counsel that I could confer with to defend myself.

I'f I'm not mistaken, they burned Jeanne D'Arc because she had no means to defend her actions to the inquisition, and man's version of G*d's law dictated that she was a heretic.

Quote:
Okay we DID have good old days, back then, did you see high divorce rates?

No, but domestic abuse was a lot higher than anyone cares to mention.

Quote:
high adultery rates?

Questionable.

Quote:
high crime rates?

I dunno... do war crimes count?

Quote:
No you didn't because they knew that any of those things were harshly punished.

Or applauded... It all depends on where you stood.

Quote:
Now the last point you brought up is the only one that I agree is bad. Because in a way that restricts your first amendment rights (
  • Proclaiming your innocence when wrongly accused of any of the above)

• Fifth amendment.... the first amendment is the right to freedom of speech and expression.

If you're going to try and make these points, then, like I said above, at least do it in a way that keeps you from totally embarassing yourself.

Quote:
    As for the other religions, they are all pretty much the same, the only real difference is the name of the god.
    Okay.... so, by that logic, if you say that they're incorrect in their beliefs, that you're equally incorrect or misguided?

I'm not trying to blast your logic to bits, but, ultimately, point out the flaws that have left gaping holes in your arguments. If you strive to be anything, I'd probably reccoment consistant.... and not consistantly misguided.

Quote:
    Also you didn't see a great number of traitors like we have in the past 30 years I.E. Jane Fonda, that guy that moved to Afghanistan and joined the army over there so that he could fight against us.

Sure we have... like the people who had been passing along nuclear secrets to the germans in WW2, during the manhattan project, and after that, all the russian spies (who ever-so-convieniently slipped past the government that you trust so much) who continued to sell our military secrets to the highest bidder after that.

Quote:
    I don't remember the guys name but he was all over the news a few years ago.

Try and figure that one out, but we have people going to fight in the israeli military from over here all the time... how is that any different?

Quote:
    And of course lets not forget the ones who actually WERE Russian spies.

Right... All I can say at this point is that you're no better than McCarthy was back in the 1950's.

Luckily, you'll never be as dangerous.

dronze
    Vice Captain

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:48 pm

Quote:
    Also you didn't see a great number of traitors like we have in the past 30 years I.E. Jane Fonda

Jane Fonda? Is this person just naming random celebrities?
    PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 pm

I don't get it..

We know that our Sun will in about 4-5 billion years die and explode as a supernova
    Do all the people who got religions, belive that the "Higher Power" ment
    the human to die when the Sun explodes, and destroys all planets around it?

Also, do they belive that the "Higher Power" will just recreate a new Star and new planets, to start new life on?

Or do all those with a religion, denie the fact that our Sun will die some day?

I am born as a protestant christian, but i refjuse to belive in any "Higher Power"
    Now i belive there is a explanation to everything, aka (Also Known As)
    I belive in science before any religion regarding anything with a "Higher Power"

Pretty good rant, sadly a very confused person you ranted it seams.

Milliani

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:22 am

Ravenlady13
    Quote:
    Also you didn't see a great number of traitors like we have in the past 30 years I.E. Jane Fonda

Jane Fonda? Is this person just naming random celebrities?
    '
    I believe he is referring to the "Hanoi Jane" incident. She visited somewhere where we were at war, either Korea or Vietnam, and visited the OTHER side. Posing for pictures and giving them a morale boost. She even took a picture on top of a tank. Not particularly traitorous, but stupid. Her career kinda went downhill after that.
    Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games
    Mini-Games