Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:25 am
The reason Thrawn and Pelleaon are such good bad guys is simple... They're not really evil. They are just followers of a different ideology and world view and so long as the empire was in their hands the more heavy handed and atrocity prone elements of the empire were in check.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:31 am
I kind of don't like thrawn's omnicence. Its almost too good at times though. Its almost like he's the emperor with his foresight.

Other than that, i would agree whole-heartedly.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:20 am
Well, that's it exactly. His tactical style is set before-hand. He studies people likely to be his next enemy, and plots every possible attack or defense against them.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:44 am
ElladanKenet
Well, that's it exactly. His tactical style is set before-hand. He studies people likely to be his next enemy, and plots every possible attack or defense against them.

If it was just that, I'd agree. But he's almost too omnipotent in many cases. In an RP, we'd probably cite him for godmodding.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:46 am
Yes, but he wasn't omnipotent. At Bilbringi, he actually overestimated Bel Ibis and Antilles, and assumed they were doing something they weren't. His greatest weakness and strength was his foresight, and though iot gave him so much ability, it ended up as a crushing blow.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:50 am
One example doesn't make a stereotype.

And overestimation is often times a good thing, since you usually end up better off when you fail than if you won.

However, he didn't overestimate; He outwitted himself, giving too much thought to the situation, sort of like Vicinni when he encountered westley from the princess bride.

Oh, and EK, Where'd you get the statistical data for the PSD in the OGG? I can't seem to find the info you presented listed anywhere.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:38 am
Neither can I.

And I personally wouldn't trust any source that isn't TF.N, Wookieepedia or something similar.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 pm
I made most of it up, staying on scale with the Executor. There is virtually no info on the GSD, so I did my best tom come up with some. Should I edit?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:32 pm
ElladanKenet
I made most of it up, staying on scale with the Executor. There is virtually no info on the GSD, so I did my best tom come up with some. Should I edit?

if its a canon ship, you must use canon stats. Its like having the dictionary use the same definition for "walk" and "canter".

Make whatever you want up, but you aren't allowed to screw with continuity.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:56 pm
There's not much continuity to screw up though. Look, if it would've given more stuff, I would've put it, trust me. Would you rather me just have a one-liner entry about how noone knows anything about it?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:17 pm
Or you could just wait for more information as well. Just another option.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:34 pm
Well.... how about I change it as Fanon, until official specs come up?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Theris Faan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:49 pm
35 pages of postings in one go...I don't recommend it unless you've read every single SW book...wow. I've read probably half of them, and I still got confused...

There is one thing I'd like to say though--Somebody actually thought Vector Prime was good? I thought it was one of the worst books in the NJO series. And what is HttE?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:02 pm
Theris Faan
35 pages of postings in one go...I don't recommend it unless you've read every single SW book...wow. I've read probably half of them, and I still got confused...

There is one thing I'd like to say though--Somebody actually thought Vector Prime was good? I thought it was one of the worst books in the NJO series. And what is HttE?

Heir to the Empire.

Who said VP was good? The story was good, it was just the writer that sucked.  

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:52 pm
What do you have against Bob Salvatore? I like him...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games