Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3552 3553 3554 3555 3556 3557 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Darkened Angel
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Wait, it didnt? What did? Beowulf? 300? Transformers had that downpat.

Juno is overrated, but its still a good movie considering the times.

CW: Its about a 16yr old girl who gets pregnant, then finds a couple who will adopt them. Mostly Drama.

Golden Compass.
BULLSHIT
Kriff the compass! I guarantee you the only reason that movie did any good was because it's anti-religious, and a lot of people flock to that.

that's somewhat incorrect too, as there's nothing really "anti-religeous" about it. They just use spiritual terms to describe what would otherwise be a movie about magic in a steampunk world.

Although, when that bear ripped off the other one's jaw on camera, that was pretty awesome for a kids movie. Wasn't expecting that one.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Celestia Whitesword
Pretty much what I thought. Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea.

*shows you a box set of sci-fi B movies* I got that last week, and that'll essentially keep me busy the whole summer. There's even a couple silent flicks from the 20s in it, as well as a Flash Gordon or two.
Whered you get it? Sounds like fun.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Des Voh
Celestia Whitesword
Pretty much what I thought. Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea.

*shows you a box set of sci-fi B movies* I got that last week, and that'll essentially keep me busy the whole summer. There's even a couple silent flicks from the 20s in it, as well as a Flash Gordon or two.
Whered you get it? Sounds like fun.

Best Buy. 100 flicks on 24 discs for just under $40. Was too good to pass up. heart
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Darkened Angel
I think Sayla would be better off enjoying the company of other females for a while. * hint hint wink wink *

ninja
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS4BYGk_T6A
rofl

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:05 pm

I was told that the basis of the movie was they eventually kill God, and that's what people liked about it. Sort of an anti-Christian thing.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:12 pm

The premise of Golden Compass: There are multiple dimensions, all connected by "stardust". In these different dimensions, there are various things which make the world tick.

In the particular dimension where it is set, a persons "spirit" takes on its own form outside the body, in the form of an animal. The two are completely linked, and when a child grows up, the animal can no longer morph like it does as a child.

Essentially, the story revolves around a professor whom is being silenced by the grand council about his theories about other universes (though they exist) who try to silence him, and the idea that the stardust is the cause for why the people are 'plagued', their notion of why adult souls no longer shapeshift. The compass can answer questions, but only a few can activate and read it, most notably the little girl.

The allegories to killing god and stuff may exist, but at the same time, it's also kind of stretching things a bit since the whole story revolves around understanding one's sprituality in the first place, at least to me.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:14 pm

I didnt see it.
The plot sounded lame and so I stayed away.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Ironman....oh so close...

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Des Voh
Ironman....oh so close...

Soon, i will have a giant carboard cutout...

Oh yeah, i'm so stealin' one of those from the theater. they won't notice if I get a couple of other people to help out...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm not usually one to go on opening night, but I may.

Oh yeah, they have Speed Racer on the IMAX.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Moo.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Darkened Angel
Moo.

Mew! ^^

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Des Voh
I'm not usually one to go on opening night, but I may.

Oh yeah, they have Speed Racer on the IMAX.

Ugh...they put the dumbest crap on Imax.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 pm

I went to an Imax once. It sucked. The movie was just random BS in 3-D, meant more to wow you through random illusions than actual movie stuff.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 pm

It seems to be crixmas all over again...
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3552 3553 3554 3555 3556 3557 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games