Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra Omalley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:32 am
well... for once I'm actually making a post in here that isn't just a consolation/comfort to another user.

I got this formal warning pm from the GCS guild... and it utterly confuses me

"Several of the other guild members have made complaints about your signature. There's nothing wrong about being proud about your sexuality but some people, including other bisexuals, feel that the signature is rather tasteless."

I don't get what is wrong with my sig in the least  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:58 am
Terra Omalley
well... for once I'm actually making a post in here that isn't just a consolation/comfort to another user.

"Several of the other guild members have made complaints about your signature. There's nothing wrong about being proud about your sexuality but some people, including other bisexuals, feel that the signature is rather tasteless."

Maybe after two weeks of me dragging my a** around their guild with my signature, they'll consider yours more appropriate. XD

...speaking of which, what's GCS?

Sonya Khatsworth

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:47 am
DoomNeko

Maybe after two weeks of me dragging my a** around their guild with my signature, they'll consider yours more appropriate. XD

I can only assume it is this Gaian Crisis Squad on her guild list. Though I am not entirely sure what kind of guild it is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:49 am
Diana Vulpes
DoomNeko

I can only assume it is this Gaian Crisis Squad on her guild list. Though I am not entirely sure what kind of guild it is.

*sighs* So it's basically a discussion group on what's going to happen next with the whole Gambino/Von Helson thingybob. Grand. AND they're intolerant. What could POSSIBLY be more wonderful?  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:56 am
CoffeeFox
Diana Vulpes
DoomNeko

*sighs* So it's basically a discussion group on what's going to happen next with the whole Gambino/Von Helson thingybob. Grand. AND they're intolerant. What could POSSIBLY be more wonderful?

Maybe it's the "Mated" thing? I don't know. if even other bisexuals there are offended, I think it's less of an intolerance issue and more of a "OMG she's telling everyone she's mating with two people!" thing. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:45 am
Meph!stopheles
CoffeeFox
Diana Vulpes
DoomNeko

Maybe it's the "Mated" thing? I don't know. if even other bisexuals there are offended, I think it's less of an intolerance issue and more of a "OMG she's telling everyone she's mating with two people!" thing. I dunno.
this is the first time I've had any sort of complaint about my sig, and its been like this for about 5 or 6 months now... so to me it doens't make sense, considering that they even know about my being trans, and were all understanding (or at least they made out like it was fine... I can't say for sure)

and the GCS (or gaian crisis squad) was started back during the halloween event in 04, and we actually were pretty involved with the plot... well a few of the members were.

at this point in time, its just a group of friends who chat in the guild... and when new plot/events happen... some of the people archive every last possible piece of info that they can =p  

Terra Omalley

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 am
Terra Omalley
Meph!stopheles
CoffeeFox
Diana Vulpes
DoomNeko

this is the first time I've had any sort of complaint about my sig, and its been like this for about 5 or 6 months now... so to me it doens't make sense, considering that they even know about my being trans, and were all understanding (or at least they made out like it was fine... I can't say for sure)

and the GCS (or gaian crisis squad) was started back during the halloween event in 04, and we actually were pretty involved with the plot... well a few of the members were.

at this point in time, its just a group of friends who chat in the guild... and when new plot/events happen... some of the people archive every last possible piece of info that they can =p

If it's just that, and people have a problem, wouldn't it stand to just leave? I don't promote turning tail and running, but there's no need to cause a lot of drama over a sig, and that's what they're obviously trying to do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:50 am
Tell the GCS to ******** off and not read your sig if they don't like it.  

Shaviv

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:05 am
Got into an argument with this horrid intolerant Baptist preacher in my US History class, concerning homosexuality. Me and another classmate were discussing something from another class when he overheard us and said, without a trace of laughter in his face, "Being gay is a learned behavior." I stopped abruptly and started harranguing him on this. He responded in the way I expected; quoting the Bible and the Scriptures, both of which hold no proof whatsoever. He said that kids today "learn how to be this way" because of shows like Will and Grace and Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell. He says that our kids are being taught that it's okay to be gay, when it's not, that they will forever burn in hell if they become this way. And then he goes and contradicts himself by saying "Even though I'm completely against it, I will defend it as an American right to have the sex life you want." If there's a hell, I'm sure it must be brimming over with intolerant religious fanatics like him. >p

Ruined my day entirely, let me tell you, to have to sit and listen that moron babble on about how if God created homosexuals, he would not be a God worth praying to. I feel sick to my stomach and I think I'll get my math assignment and go home. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:30 am
I just had the most wonderful conversation with some random person about my "crappy" bidding. I was going after one of the new black dresses, so I bid a safe 900. She was trying to explain I should've bid lower cause that's the whole point of bidding. Meanwhile, she has a 700 gold skirt in her store for 1700 and she was insulting my intelligence the whole time.  

Eddily

Af Mas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:42 am
Eddily
I just had the most wonderful conversation with some random person about my "crappy" bidding. I was going after one of the new black dresses, so I bid a safe 900. She was trying to explain I should've bid lower cause that's the whole point of bidding. Meanwhile, she has a 700 gold skirt in her store for 1700 and she was insulting my intelligence the whole time.

She was mad that you were paying more for something she was selling? She's bitching about getting more money? She's dumb, not you  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:54 am
Af Mas
Eddily

She was mad that you were paying more for something she was selling? She's bitching about getting more money? She's dumb, not you

Oh no. Apparently she was bidding on the same item I was. Later I looked at her store and found the 1700 skirt. sweatdrop  

Eddily

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:00 am
FogSage
Got into an argument with this horrid intolerant Baptist preacher in my US History class, concerning homosexuality. Me and another classmate were discussing something from another class when he overheard us and said, without a trace of laughter in his face, "Being gay is a learned behavior." I stopped abruptly and started harranguing him on this. He responded in the way I expected; quoting the Bible and the Scriptures, both of which hold no proof whatsoever. He said that kids today "learn how to be this way" because of shows like Will and Grace and Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell. He says that our kids are being taught that it's okay to be gay, when it's not, that they will forever burn in hell if they become this way. And then he goes and contradicts himself by saying "Even though I'm completely against it, I will defend it as an American right to have the sex life you want." If there's a hell, I'm sure it must be brimming over with intolerant religious fanatics like him. >p

Ruined my day entirely, let me tell you, to have to sit and listen that moron babble on about how if God created homosexuals, he would not be a God worth praying to. I feel sick to my stomach and I think I'll get my math assignment and go home. xp

While he has the right to his own opinion, he does not have the right try and make you feel like a horrible person, especially in a class setting. If I understand right, he's your teacher? That's unacceptable, perhaps you can get him in trouble for that or at least get moved to another class. If it makes you feel any better, while I don't believe in a hell, I would imagine that being gay is not something that would send someone there. Maybe if you killed someone or something like that, but not for being gay. Maybe you should ask him where the first homosexuals came from, if it's supposed to be a learned behavior. His theory is full of holes. rolleyes I mean, I'm straight and I'm exposed to the same things and find nothing wrong with homosexuality...but it's not gonna change my mind about my own sexuality. It's something people can't help.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:05 am
Terra Omalley

You don't get what's wrong, because there is nothing wrong. It's not violating any rules I'm aware of, so there's no reason to change it. It's simply some words and a tiny picture which have to do with your sexuality and relationship status. Honesty, I never even noticed your sig until you said something. It's small and not eye-catching....so they don't have to look at it if they don't like it.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:13 pm
You know it's funny, even if you are a Christian there is no reason to believe in a Hell. For starters, it is never mentioned in the Bible, not even once. As well Jewish mythology, which Christianity has some roots in, does not have any concept of a Hell like place only Purgatory and Heaven.

The place Hell is actually an idea barrowed from Greek/Roman and Norse mythologies. I am sure you have heard the term Hades before, this is the name of the Greek god of the underworld, Pluto in Roman, and Hades is often the name given to the underworld itself but it was actually broken into three different regions. Elysian fields are the closet thing to the idea of Heaven while wrongdoers Tartarus is a pretty good match for hell. The Asphodel could be considered a Purgatory or even limbo.

As far as Norse goes when you die you go to the land of the dead known as Niflheim and would end up in either the Hall of Valhalla, their concept of Heaven or what is literally an underworld the Hall of Eliudnir ruled by Hel.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games