Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It's not really a gun noob, but a military history noob. The quote in my signature was a response I got in a thread I made about world war movies.

You sure it wasn't just a typo?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:15 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It's not really a gun noob, but a military history noob. The quote in my signature was a response I got in a thread I made about world war movies.

That's possible, but that's why you check to make sure you keyed a 1 rather than a 2. wink  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

That's possible, but that's why you check to make sure you keyed a 1 rather than a 2. wink

Yeah, but some people are dumb and don't check.

Oh well, I'd hate to think anyone is that stupid.

He might be on to something, they don't have too many good WWI movies that aren't overly dramatized or overtly anti-war.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

He might be on to something, they don't have too many good WWI movies that aren't overly dramatized or overtly anti-war.
I liked all quiet on the western front. I know it was strongly anti war, but it showed what war can do to you. Flyboys was pretty good too. I don't normally watch the air battle kinds of movies, but it was a good movie.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:25 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

I liked all quiet on the western front. I know it was strongly anti war, but it showed what war can do to you. Flyboys was pretty good too. I don't normally watch the air battle kinds of movies, but it was a good movie.

Mostly interested on the infantry aspect.

Never saw All Quiet, did see Johnny Got his Gun, which, is flamboyantly Anti-war.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:38 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Mostly interested on the infantry aspect.

Never saw All Quiet, did see Johnny Got his Gun, which, is flamboyantly Anti-war.
Apparently there is a 1939 and a 1972 version. The 72 version was pretty good. If you look around you can probably find a torrent for it. I had to watch it in history my junior year and I really liked it. It's not so much "omgwarisbadlove&peacecashthestampedehippiepower" but rather tells how soldiers on both sides aren't all that different and how war hurts the soldiers. this is a pretty good music video. It uses clips from All Quiet with the song The Price of a Mile by Sabaton.

Also I don't know if you've already heard Sabaton or not, but their songs are pretty war related. I love it. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:12 pm
Yeah, watched that video, movie looks pretty good, song was awesome too.

I'll probably watch All Quiet sometime tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:14 pm
Watch Sabaton. /k/ approves it. Seriously, like the one thing we all agree on: Sabaton kicks a**.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:24 pm
Horrified Survivor
Watch Sabaton. /k/ approves it. Seriously, like the one thing we all agree on: Sabaton kicks a**.
Yeah my friend Henry got me listening to them and I love their music.

40-1 kinda made me lol because the Nazis ultimately mopped the floors with the Polish without too much trouble. Still it was a very catchy tune. Hell even my sister who is some what of a pacifist likes their music. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:35 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor

40-1 kinda made me lol because the Nazis ultimately mopped the floors with the Polish without too much trouble. Still it was a very catchy tune. Hell even my sister who is some what of a pacifist likes their music. xd
They ultimately mopped the floor, but the fact was that for a period of time, tehy were able to hold out when no one thought they could.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:38 pm
Horrified Survivor
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor

They ultimately mopped the floor, but the fact was that for a period of time, tehy were able to hold out when no one thought they could.
Still what makes me laugh is the whole thought "unless you are 40-1 your reich will soon be undone".  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:42 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor

Still what makes me laugh is the whole thought "unless you are 40-1 your reich will soon be undone".
Although, honestly, the early Wehrmacht was weak as s**t, and it's really not a big deal pushing over Poland and France.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 pm
Horrified Survivor
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Horrified Survivor

Although, honestly, the early Wehrmacht was weak as s**t, and it's really not a big deal pushing over Poland and France.
I think the French have nukes now. It would be a pity for them to have to use them. Paris is such a beautiful city and it would be tragic for them to accidentally nuke it because they don't know the first think about using missiles. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:31 am
Yeah, would be a shame if Paris got blown up, that German commander that disobeyed his orders for scorched earth in France would have been for nothing.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:38 am
Lost Battalion was good for a WW1 movie. It wasn't overtly anti-war, at least.

Why are French streets lined with trees? Because the German army doesn't like to march in the sun.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games