Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akwila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:55 pm
Atma311
akwila
OMG the most ******** up thing happend to me tonight,: im at a youth lockin and the local teen center right now, and bout 3 hours ago some black drunk guy jumps the back fence and breaks into the building with a ******** nife, what the helll, this is a ******** military base, s**t like this dont happen, it scare dthe ******** out of very one. but then i gets scarier, the knife wielding lunatic goes after a gril! but then tim (a popular guy around now) pushes her out of the way, and takes the brunt of the attack, thank fully the a** was too drunk to hold a knife, and dropped it, and 'fell' on tim (whos 5'4'' and 110lbs) and started choking him, the police came in littlerally 4 seconds and shocked the hell out of him, not like "SURPRISE!!!" shock, tazer shock. they hauld his crippled a** out, and rushed tim into an ambulence, hes fine now, just shaken, and the gril he saved is very very thankful. so ya, just decided to put this here

Whoa. Well, Tim should have a new girlfriend now... if he isn't scared as heck to date someone with such a crazy ex-boyfriend (I'm really just making educated guessed). It's kinda romantic in a sad way. I like to think I have to courage (and stupidity?) to risk my life for someone else.
oops maybe i worded it wrong, but this guy was just some drunk dude off the street that didnt have such a good life, no one here knew that ********  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:05 pm
it would be wise to delete that last post  

Akwila

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:24 pm
Meh. I'll probably decide to not sell it anyway. I don't want to accidently lose it and then have to buy another for more than I sold that one for...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:29 am
WARNING: Impending Rant!

Good grief, the stupidity of some people is simply staggering to the human mind!

I have a job at my university. I'm a supervisor at the meal hall. My job is primarily to ensure that things run smoothly, and work gets done among my employees. I'm a part time supervisor since I'm a student, hence I carry the title "Student Supervisor." (Spiff so far, ne?)

So here is my rant. On the date is question, two weeks ago Saturday, I was still training. In fact, I think it was perhaps my fourth shift or so. I certainly hadn't worked seven consecutive shifts, and I weas still a bit uncertain about how things worked. I did know, however, that the doors closed at 1:30 on Staurdays, and that the machine we swipe the meal cards through shut down automatically shut down at 1:31. We have held the same hours all year. We have a load of students (probably close to 30) show up at the last minute. The machine goes down, and we can't swipe their cards. The cashier asks me what to do, and I admit I don't know. I go check with the full time supervisor on duty, who informs me that we must send the students away. Pol;icies have changed, and we are no longer able to take ID numbers after the machine goes down, as there has been a string of inactive IDs used, and we've been scammed. I return with this pronouncement, as management has sent down the policy, and the supervisors are to hold to it.

The students are most notably upset. I don't particularily want to turn them away, but I also don't particularily want to run the risk of losing a well paying job and not being able to pay my tuition fot he next two years. I appologise and explain both the policy, and that it is out of my hands. I debate with one for a time, but he eventually resigns and leaves with his friends. Enter random idiots one and two, who proceed to scream and swear at me, and attempt to gain entry regardless. I trheaten to call security to have them removed. They tell for call f*ing security. I ask one of my employees to go down to the office, and ask the other on duty supervisor to do so. She instead comes up, gets screamed at, and changes her mind, thereby making me look extremely foolish. This irked me, but I spoke with her, clarified with my manager, who changed policy and announced it, and I assumed the problem was over.

Two weeks later, enter random idiot flaming the bejebus out of me on the university forum. I'm apparently a liar, and have no authority. And I'm completely unreasonable. Enter random idiot number two who calls me an f*ing whore. A very dear friend jumps to my defence, and I do so as well. I may as well not have. It was apparently my responcibility as a supervisor trainee to change policy then and there because "The customer is always right." These people want respect, and criticise meal hall employee conduct. They tell me to quit bitching when I criticise student conduct that, quite frankly in immature, unnecessary, and wouldn't happen any where else. I love spending my weekend being slandered on a board, and having calls for the downfall of my job and my authority questioned, on a message board by idiots who first of all can barely string a sentient throught together, much less type it, and who also have no idea how things work within the meal hall. I did my job. My boss has told me this, my fellow employees know this, and the other supervisors have affirmed it. Good grief, why won't the people accusing me of being unreasonable take a step back from taking amusement in their perception of my humiliation and their inaccurate placing of dates (they claim this happened last weekend, and I didn't work then!) to see that there's chain of command that I have to follow?

Man some people drive me crazy, and it reaffirms my albeit fascisious belief that overt stupidity and blatant ignorance should be punishable by death.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:29 am
Sorry to hear that! I'm glad you had a friend there that was in your corner and I'm glad you were backed by your supervisors. Idiots are everywhere and I just try to ignore them, but if there were nearly as bad as they were to you, I might take action and try to suspend them for harrassment (or possibly even sue them for defimation(sp?) of character).

I hope you have no more problems with idiots # 1 and/or 2, but if you do, take my advice and try to get them suspended for all the trouble they're causing you.

Also, I'm surprised by the maturity you seemed to have while trying to handle those two. I cannot say I would have been as patient... then again, people usually don't give me trouble (my long, dyed-black hair is apparently scary xd )

Blessings to you for all your troubles and hopefully a quick recovery over your anger for people you should probably feel sorry for. You know those guys probably won't have a happy life with their anger management issues. They'll probably drink their sorrows away, live lonely lives, and lose everything. It's sad really, but that's life (unless they can change their attitudes).

...That last part was rather morbid, wasn't it? Sorry redface sweatdrop gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 am
Thank you for your blessings and your advice! However it's a bit difficult to have them suspended because it's a university, and they're unfortunately entitled to their opinions. All I'm asking is that the topic is removed from the forum, really. And, on top of that, I have no idea what their names are. People are tough when they can hide behind anonyminity, aren't they? As far as I'm concerned now, the issue is over, It happened two weeks ago, and there were three idiots, out of the 400-12000 people that come in there per meal that I deal with. So really, I'm doing something right if only a few random morons have packed together to call me names from behind a screen name and avatar, ne? And I think my maturity is half the reason they hired me. wink There's a good reason people think I'm in my mid twenties, rather than 21.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:17 am
Hooray for not stooping to the level of the agressors! Wow, it's been a REALLY long time since I've been here...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:32 am
I took a survey the other day on which one question said: "Should people below a certain IQ be prevented from breeding?" It took me quite a bit of debating with myself to raise the compassion to say no....  

Wampyr Konig

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:04 pm
Dancing Warrior
I took a survey the other day on which one question said: "Should people below a certain IQ be prevented from breeding?" It took me quite a bit of debating with myself to raise the compassion to say no....
You're better man than I LOL But seriously, I think that is going a bit to far, however, I think there should be at least some minimal screening. I don't blame the DNA, I blame poor and inadequate parenting skills, namely teaching your children things; you can't just let them be morons until they're school age and expect the teachers to do all the teaching. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:27 pm
blukattt
Dancing Warrior
You're better man than I LOL But seriously, I think that is going a bit to far, however, I think there should be at least some minimal screening. I don't blame the DNA, I blame poor and inadequate parenting skills, namely teaching your children things; you can't just let them be morons until they're school age and expect the teachers to do all the teaching. 3nodding

*flashback!* That reminded me of a danish scientist who has been trying for years to get the government to make a law against stupid people to have children... Not that stupidity has anything to do with DNA but apparently this scientist believes so... sweatdrop
Parents are meant to not only teach about what is right and what is wrong (if they are deemed worthy of this task...) they also HAVE to teach them at least a little before going to school...
*flashback* laughs oh I just remembered that I told my dad at the age of three or four that the weather guys were always wrong about the weather and shouldn't be trusted... xp  

Rakei

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:44 pm
Well, in some sense, I think you should be evaluated for being a good parent, or if you do not demonstrate bieng one within a certain amount of time of having a child, the child should be put in another home. And if you keep having kids and having them taken away, you should be fixed. IN this way, mentally retarded people that may have low IQs but are able to love and nuture children are able to go through with it. These whores and morons that have kids for the sake of saying, "Oooh, I hae a kid! I'm like, sooo mature!", then, will not be able to have kids.

Same with marriage- have an evaluation before and some during. That will lower divorce rates, not preventing homosexuals from getting married.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:53 pm
stupid ppl+me= scream scream stressed scream scream stressed scream stressed scream , bloody mess  

Akwila

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:46 pm
So, like, h'okay, here we go:

- In reminder, not reproach(?), we have an area designated for ranting.
- My brain is fried, so give me something random.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:41 am
Jameta
So, like, h'okay, here we go:

- In reminder, not reproach(?), we have an area designated for ranting.
- My brain is fried, so give me something random.
Coconut marshmallows taste good. That random enough?  

Wampyr Konig

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:04 pm
Eww, coconut? Blech; wierd thing is, I don't like coconuts, but I love fresh coconut milk...I'm just odd I guess. (plus it's fun breaking them open! xp )  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games