Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiwee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:50 pm
Hi all! It's great to be at a place where I fear for my sanity every time someone starts talking. I don't have great grammar or spelling, but I do try and be the most literate I can be. That said, please don't kill me if I misspell a word or have inconsistent grammar, but constructive criticism would be loved.

Well, what am I suppose to say now...? Uh, let's see, I'm 15, Canadian, love books (currently obsessed with Twilight), love manga much more than books (unfortunately), and spend too much time on the Internet for my own good. That, and the fact that my eyes are dying on me. =_=

So, I think I'll enjoy myself immensely here, and I hope to get to know y'all!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 pm
Hello everyone. I am the Lady Seinu. I'm 18 years old and live up in the north in Maine. My biggest pet peeve is recieving a message with horrible grammar.... Hence, the reason I have joined this guild. One of my main hobbies is writing and I'm rather good at it too... I guess this could also account for why I'm a bit of a grammar freak.
Anyway, I look forward to meeting all you other literate gaians!!!  

Lady Seinu

Death Flavored Muffin

6,200 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:33 pm
Hi! I'm new here. So, what exactly is it that you guys do?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:21 am
Heya all! I've just joined. I'm 21 and am attending school in Baltimore. I'm also a writer by hobby (and for philosophy, you have to be at least decent at it). My greatest achievement so far is finishing NaNoWriMo (National Novel-Writing Month). Next on my list is actually finishing the book I was writing for it.. sweatdrop

Literate Gaians make me happy. :3  

Alaisiaga

Chasing Sin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:46 am
Hey everyone! I joined the guild a few days ago but havn't been around much so here's my post. I'm 15 and I live in New York. I'm an avid reader and writer although I rarely finish my fanfictions, let alone the novels I'm working on. I write poems a lot, depending on my mood and those are pretty much the only thing I ever finish. I just have too much imagination and my mind can't stick on one story for too long... sweatdrop

So yeah... Literacy rocks, people! Spread it! And kill illiterate n00bs with my golden spatula of doom.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Hello, everyone! I know there is an announcment thread that says 'if your name is not on the list...' and my name isn't on the list. But what I'm not getting here is the fact that I have been here for a while now, but my name still isn't on the list!  

Ociamarru

TangoMango

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:18 pm
Hello!
I think it's great to have a guild such as this one. ^__^ I can't really think of anything to say, other than being a very literate 17 year old from Canada (although you could probably see that from my profile). I occasionally add extra letters to the end of words. For example "Byeeeeeeee!", but I don't think it's too bad. sweatdrop
Anyways, I believe that is all. =]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:32 pm
Hey, i am a literate seventeen year old girl from Southern England, Bedford to be exact. I am fun when i want to be, and serious when i don't want to be fun! My son recently passed away, so i am not myself at the moment, although i do try to participate as much as possibly... i am mainly on here to keep myself busy!
I have put the tag in my signature, as you can see, and i intend to keep it there as i think it's terrible what has happened to our words these days! rolleyes
That's it for now, Goodbye.

DevilsAngel100

Claia

Dapper Noob

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:05 pm
Ooh! -Ahem-

Hello, first I would like to thank Yami no Hitokiri for accepting me into the guild! I am Claia, and some of you may have seen my art in the Going Postal (or I hope you have). Anyway, illiteracy is very rare, probably nonexistant in my household.

Literacy is one of the classes I never fail. I guess you can say I'm grammar-conscious!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:20 pm
Hi my name is Loue and I'm an alchoholic.... oh wait this isn't AA!
*waves at everyone in the guild*  

illustratinloue

Cookieconquerer

Tipsy Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:54 pm
Hey I am a new person to this guild. Yay!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:33 am
Hello, everybody. I am Spike Ragiot, or Spike, or even Auro in some cases. Anyway, I hope to see your happy faces aroun- err, nevermind.  

Spike Ragiot

Spike Ragiot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:36 am
Chasing Sin

So yeah... Literacy rocks, people! Spread it! And kill illiterate n00bs with my golden spatula of doom.

...You are random and literate, you rule! ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:36 pm
* Checks PMs and am IN!! =^^= *

Anywho.. I'm Scot (RL) and one of the older types in Gaia, in my thirties and all. I've been in Gaia for close to three years now. I've been Rping and storytelling for over twenty years, so I've taken my licks and evolved my writing style over the years, so I'm here to impart some of my imperfect, but extensive knowledge I have for improving the enjoyment of being a literate writer and Role player in Gaia.

..and hopefully help you all take it outside the realm of Gaia too. Knowledge is power, and literacy is a part of that. =^^=

Hope to be around here a lot, so See ya around these parts. =^^=  

Imladris_Kerenska

Eternal Demigod

9,900 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Divine Donator 100

C.N.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:16 pm
I tend to stick to the "short and sweet" of introductions.

I am C.N. I am an a*****e to those I can NOT tolerate. Or if I'm in the a*****e kind of mood, then I will act like so because it is entertaining.

I am in college for education... and have dissapointed many because I am not going for english. Oh well. I love it, but I feel like that's not what I'm supposed to do (despite my apparent 'expertise' in the subject. And what I mean by that is, when I was in the 4th grade, my mother would come to me asking for help spelling and correcting her grammar.)

...I am a dork, and love video games. I also enjoy anime, reading, writing, drawing, and sleeping. I am lazy. Though I have been going to the gym a lot as of late... >.>

...Ok so this wasn't as short and sweet as I thought. sweatdrop  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games