Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:12 pm
so are they mandalorians, stormies, or just Federation grunts?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:14 pm
stormies... they're shock troopers... like, the red stormtroopers.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:14 pm
A stormie would be a grunt as well. Just not a common one in the Federation. They have them, its just the droid armies do most of the dirty work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:15 pm
no, when I mean a fed grunt, I mean a standard imp soldier.
nowadays, stormies are too rare to use as basic grunts.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:30 pm
exactly. hence the use of 'shock troopers'... to finish, in a skilled manner, what the droids started.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:44 pm
red stormies...I thought no one used Red Stormies anymore.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Alianna Naviri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:55 pm
*shrug* they're just shock troops. these guys were probably leftovers...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:00 pm
I only remember one time I saw them, they were used in I think one of the Crimson Empire Comics.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:22 pm
What is Alaris Prime, what is on it, why is it important, why would they fight there, etc...?

And what does the Sith Training Zone entail?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:17 pm
HereticX
What is Alaris Prime, what is on it, why is it important, why would they fight there, etc...?

And what does the Sith Training Zone entail?

Alaris Prime. One of the many planets in the Kashyyyk system. A colony to the wookiees, full of resources. In many ways, its like a small Kashyyyk, right up to the overgrown fauna. Home to Gundarks, and also, a TSQ piece. But more than that, it is also a stepping stone to Kashyyyk, a planet the FSL desperately craves.

as for the sith Training zone, that's basically where You and Oryo are to be. Unless of course, you have a better idea. The plotline surrounding Neb needs to be somewhat sterile in order to help make the finale workable. Something I've been cooking for months now, and I really don't want it to be wrecked.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:54 pm
TSQ pieces are always something to fight over, I suppose, though I would prefer to conquer the Galaxy and find them at my leisure. Still, posessing one piece would deny the others the chance to complete the TSQ, which makes aquisition of one a worthwhile goal, and makes aquisition of more than one less important.

Kashyyk? What's important about Kashyyk? Resources, like metals and such? A strategic position?

As for the STZ...I don't know. What does the training entail?

Oh, by the way, what kind of forces do the three sides have?
Republic, has the Republic military, the Jedi...
FSL has ex-Imperials, Droids, Sith(?)
What does Drako have?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Kashyyyk has two main reasons why its one of the most contested planets in galactic history:

1) Resources. Fauna, ores, wookiees, you name it. If you hold Kashyyyk, you're good to go. Especially since its very hard to tame.

2) Location. The Kashyyyk system is one of the busiest places for the spacelanes

I like to make my own quote for kashyyyk. "If you can't take Coruscant, Kashyyyk makes a good second place."

Its just one of the most important places in the galaxy, a lot due to the fact its still not fully developed like many would like.

Training entails going from Adept to Apprentice. Meaning you learn how to use a lightsaber effeciently, how to summon the force, and since you're sith, how to get mad at a jedi. That's something for Drako to do though.

The Force Breakout:

NR: Republic military, largest navy, as of now, still largest amount of area controlled.

FSL: Imperial Remnants, Droids, sith, and around 30% contol, but more strategic control.

Drako's forces: Mandelorians (most are onboard the dreg, 16k of them) and traitors. No official claim to galactic titles, except perhaps Mandelore itself, and junk planets. (no offense, but Drako is basically lone wolfing it)  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:22 pm
What planets would be good for my character to take? He probably wants to expand his droid production facilities, take new resources...uh, what else?
Kashyyk, probably would be a good one, but you wanted him to stay away, so..."My Lord, we should attack Kas-" *the Force intervenes* "-Mustafar."

-Mustafar (mining and droid factories) sounds like an excellent aquisition. And it would have a great background for some angry Sith training, as well as some Dark Side history ("Wowzers! I found the severed limbs of Anakin Skywalker!" "Maybe I'll graft them onto myself, and triple my strength with the Force.")
-Bespin, as Tibanna seems to be like oil for Star Wars, vital for modern warfare (used in blasters and hyperdrives, right?). But, there are ways to produce it synthetically, right? So, if he took Bespin, he'd want to launch strikes against the synthetic production facilities, either to capture or destroy them.

Well, Chidee has his current factories, and he'll probably build more on Mandalore and the junk planets. If Imperious has millions of droids, I'm going to say that Chidee can bring tens/hundreds of thousands of droids in. I think he's going to have (and be building) better droids, or at least be designing better ones, since he knows that (for now) he can't match Imperious for raw production capabilities.

Hey, what's on Mandalore anyway, besides the barbarians?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:40 pm
To be honest, I found boba to be a cool character once he grew up, but the rest of the Mandelorians I have never really cared much for. I don't mind them, but its like they all must be the biggest badass, and if they get beat, they whine about how they are supposed to be.... I don't give a damn about the mandelorians much. Not to mention, they're a dying breed anyhow.

Planets of Industrial worth (in general):
Fondor (shipyards)
Kuat (Driveyards, Shipyards)
Geonosis (resources GALORE! and droid foundries)
Mustafar (droid foundries)
Bespin (gas, but watch it, since most people don't ******** with their only reliable sorce of it. No Synthetic to my knowledge exists that works just as well. Also very expensive to maintain.)
Mon Calimari (shipyards)
Tyferra (bacta, more for the medicine than for resources. Very wealthy)
Balmorra (industrial planet known for advanced technology)
Bilbringi (low key shipyard, known for experimental tech)
Ithor (cloning tech, if you're into it)
Kamino (cloning tech)
Khomm (cloning)
Sullust (Sorosuub vehicles)
Telti(droid foundries)  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:58 pm
Hey, if Nemodians really are supposed to be styled after Asians, everyone else is a stupid barbarian, a filthy foreign devil, uncivilized masses who are considered barely 'human' (you know what I mean). Imagine what they must think of the Mandalorians. "Worthless, smelly, barbarians" or something xd
Then again, my character is drinks either old turpentine or old shellac (fermented beetle extracts). But at least he does it in a civilized manner.

Umm...
-Kuat makes the Star Destroyers...doesn't the Empire own it? I don't want to f*ck with them yet. I already have a two front war, and I don't need a third.
-Geonosis is valuable, then? Huh, that might be a good target.
-Mustafar might be good.
-Bespin...if it is the only source of Tibanna (and I assume either the Republic or the FSL has control, how is any getting out to the others? Smugglers? Graft? It would seem to be a priority conquest, to bolster his own supplies and cut off his enemies' supplies.
-Mon Calimari's shipyards got pretty smashed up, didn't they?
-Tyferra sounds like it would be good for a raid, as droids don't use medicine, and Mandalorians are too macho to admit they need it. Though, biological weapons might be devloped there.
-Balmora and Bilbringi might come in handy, though I'm sure NHI (his company) has in-house researches, and there's always industrial espionnage (though perhaps he might try carrying out some himself).
-Ithor, Kamino, Khomm...he's got a droid force building up, I don't think he's going to split his logistics to deal with two types of armies (Mandalorians don't count, and they probably handle theirs on their own). Besides, the Grand Army took immense resources and decades to build up, didn't it?
-Sullust...Sorosuub? Just another one of the big shipbuilders? Maybe.
-Telti...uh, never really heard of this one at all.

As for training...well, maybe in space aboard a ship, or on Mandalore (Drako's home planet). If Drako is big on 'hands-on', perhaps during the raids and such on some planet.
Actually, I'm not sure if Chidee cares a great deal about Sith training, but then again, it's a way to improve and sharpen himself. Besides, if he's going to sell Drako an army, he might as well gouge him for everything he's worth.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games