Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply Graveyard
The World of Darth [ON HOLD] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm
Emilia nodded.
"I see." Whether it was the truth or not, she had decided to believe him.
She cast a look at the vampires and then back at Leon.
"Thank you for last night." she said quickly. "I enjoyed it. And sorry if it was not what you were hoping for." It was not her style to be nice and she felt a little embarrassed but she wanted him to know that she was not mad at him for what happened between them.

Louis knew he had to choose his words carefully.
"I believed you were still..." he started but stopped.
He sighed and removed his hand for her.
"Forgive me for what I showed you yesterday. I had no right."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm
Leon blinked, "you're welcome," he said calmly, "I'm glad I could please you enough to the point where you didn't kill me," He turned and paused, "and don't worry about getting pregnant," he added softly.

Angeles dropped her hand and slid her ring off as if it was nothing, "you still thought I had an attachment to my husband," she said coldly not looking at him. She closed her fist around the ring tightly, "even if I took you up on your offer, don't you think there would be consequences?"  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 pm
Emilia chuckled at his comment. "Well I had to admit that the idea crossed my mind." she smirked.
Then her eyes widened and she jumped.
"WHA-?!" she quieted herself down but her eyes were shouting.
"What do you mean?" she hissed, suddenly agitated.

Louis was a little surprised as she removed the ring almost casually. Yet he noticed she said 'husband' and not 'late husband'.
He nodded in silence although as she did not look at him, she could not see.
He did not smile, his face remaining serious and distant.
"There will be consequences...but after more than hundred years of thinking about them, I have decided that they were negligible." he paused and looked at her. "I understand that you might have some thinking to do..." his voice said more gently.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm
Leon leaned back slightly as she jumped up, then centered himself again with a sigh, "I can't have children," he said flatly, though his eye gained a sat tinge to them.

Angeles shook her head and a sharp burst of air escaped her throat, as if she began to laugh but decided against it, "now's not really the time to think is it?" she asked sharply. the thought of one hundred years of his thoughts plagued by her was slightly unnerving and she turned and walked away from him. She slipped her ring back on. It was not a mark of attachment to her husband. If she wanted to love again she could, but it served as a reminder of how easily love was lost, and it was the fear of that pain that Leon spoke of.

"I raised myself as a vampire," she said simply, "your pureblooded customs and laws are lost on me. But I beg the question as to why I would want to drink your blood. What comes from it?"  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:27 pm
Emilia opened her mouth then closed it then reopened it then reclosed it and kept it shot for a while. She passed a hand in her hair. She was not good at sympathizing or stuff and the man seemed sad about this lack of ability. She did not want to laugh nor to look at him in pity.
"Well two things Leon." she said quite abruptly. "First I am a wolf. We don't have seasons for mating, but we do for conception so I was not worried in the first place." her tone was quite professorial.
"Second..." she grunted a little "...if we make it today, I might give you more than two minutes...that is if you are interested."
She was not that audacious usually and she felt a little uneasy.
"You drive me nuts ranger..." she growled shaking her head, yet it seemed obvious that under her dark grin and sigh, she was smiling.

Louis's pride was hurt by the tone which she snapped at him. Then she asked a simple question and he answered almost with the same tone.
"As you said, now's not really the time to think about those things..."
He had stepped back and turned away from her. He looked at his hand, her blood had dried on his fingers and again he repressed the urge of licking it.
"I'll tell you tonight." he said and he walked to the fountain to clean in hand in the water.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm
Leon looked over at Emilia and blinked once, bt his chance to answer was taken away as Louis came and washed blood off his hand. Leon turned to look at Angeles who was glaring at Louis' back, her hand tightly clenched in a fist as her claws pierced the palm of her hand. Frustration at having her question unanswered was the cause for the now fresh blood flowing between her fingers.  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm
"Ah, Geko, is that you?" a voice sounded out from the back of the store, accompanied by a series of crashes as the owner apparently toppled over various stacks of equipment in his haste to get out of the crowded backroom. As the face finally popped out from the doorway, the owner of the store answered his own question, "It is! My, it's been too long, but what brings you here?".

Kageko, meanwhile, had a slightly exasperated face as she heard the familiar crashes; well, they had been familiar when she was younger. However, she had quickly regained control and wore her usual calm expression by the time the man had walked out of his lab. "Good morning Mr. Wood," the girl greeted formally, "Please do not refer to me as 'Geko.' It is quite disturbing. As for why I am here. I would like to make a purchase."

Mr. Wood, who's first name was Giovanni and was obviously the owner of the store, couldn't help but laugh a bit. He was a man that was well past his prime, but not exactly what one would call a grandfather just yet. At 50 years old, he was a fairly old middle-aged man but not without some fight still left in him. Of course, not that his line of work involved all that many fights. For running a business as shady as his, it was a surprise that Giovanni would have such a kind smile and many who met him for the first time didn't know how to take his polite manners. However, his smile and manners were true and his business wasn't all shady, as it was one of the few places that the poor could go to receive treatment and not have to worry about the cost. At least, that was how it was with medicines and such. The poisons, on the other hand, were a completely different matter and it was for the poisons that Kageko was here for. "Oho, so little Geko here has come to make a purchase?" he asked, "Why, I haven't seen you step foot into this place for years. Why now of all times? You should know how to make the simple salves and such for basic wounds. Or are you perhaps in need of stronger medication for someone else?".

Kageko merely sighed. She had known Mr. Wood ever since she was taken into the care of her mentor, and that was practically her entire life. Her mentor and this doctor/scientist/whatever he was were very close friends and it was from him that Kageko had learned how to make the salves and such that he was referring to. Not only was she also taught by this man, but she also owed her life largely to him. If he hadn't come over a few days after the attack two years ago--curious and worried as to why neither Kageko nor her mentor had arrived to pick up a potion of his on the appointed day--and if he hadn't treated the girl that lay dying at the scene of the attack, Kageko wouldn't have survived to this day. With all of the debts, part of her regretted asking the man for the purchase she wished to make, even if the poison she was looking for wasn't going to take a life, but she needed to cover all of her bases for the very likely ambush. With a deep breath, Kageko answered in a controlled voice, "I would like to buy a sleeping poison. One that isn't fatal and will take effect when it is taken into the respiratory system. Of course, it will need to be able to spread easily in the air. A gas of sorts would probably be best if it was portable and easily hidden, but a powder that spreads easily in the air is also perfectly fine."

Giovanni's face hardened as he muttered, "I would never have expected such a request from you Kageko. Even if what you are asking for is non-lethal. Haven't both your mentor and I taught you of the precarious balance between different potions. Even if I gave you a simple sleeping drug. How will I know that you will not use it as a base for something much more deadly?".
Kageko sighed, she knew that this treatment should be considered as nice. Only Mr. Wood's face was hard, his eyes were not. No, his eyes were simply worried. "I'm sorry Mr. Wood," the girl excused herself but explained at the same time, "I cannot tell you what I have been up to the past two years that I have never come to visit you and I am truly sorry that I never came back even once after you healed me. Pl-".
Giovanni cut off the 17 year old girl just then, his gruff voice just as edged as before, "I don't wish to hear excuses. I wish to know how am I able to trust that you won't use this poison for the wrong purposes? And know that I will not accept any excuses about how you'll be careful to make sure it's not traced back to me. I don't care about that." He knew that he probably didn't need to repeat the last part. The Kageko he knew would know that he cared less about being caught and more about what his creations were being used for. However, the Kageko that he knew also wouldn't come to his shop with such a request.

Kageko couldn't help but gulp as her timid side from before her mentor's death returned. This was why she had avoided this apothecary. It had too many memories. At least her home had scars of the fight as well as the gifts of the time before it. However, this was the only place the girl could completely trust and she had little time. Taking a few slow breaths to regain her forced control, the girl began anew, "You cannot know because I cannot say what my purposes are. Right and wrong are viewed differently from everyone's point of view, just as my mentor has taught me. Not even I know if my plans for the potion would be considered right or wrong. However, I do know that I do not wish to take a life, I never have. I simply wish to save myself and as many of those that are in the same predicament as me."
"And you wish to save the others because they will help you in finding your mentor's killer, don't you?" Giovanni asked as he closed his eyes in thought.
Kageko looked up at the closed eyes and replied resolutely, "Of course."
Giovanni sighed, it seemed that no matter how much time has passed, this girl would never let go of her wrath. "You know," he commented, "I think I liked you better when you were an innocent little girl. You'd make such the biggest fuss over small things, but at least you did it cutely and it never lasted long. Plus, you even apologized after going on a tantrum... I doubt that you'll apologize this time around?". It was obvious that he had softened up slightly.
"Your doubt is properly placed," Kageko replied as she looked up. She didn't seem to be looking at the ceiling so much as looking through it and even through the sky to whatever lay beyond it.
Giovanni opened his eyes and Kageko immediately focused her attention on the man. "When will you need this by?" the scientist asked.
"I will need to use it by noon today. It will take me at least ten minutes for me to arrive at the place it will be used at," Kageko answered efficiently.

Giovanni looked over at the clock that hung to the side, "Then we do not have much time. I could use a light sleeping medicine as a base to save time but strengthening it...," and his voice slowly quieted down to a series of murmurs and mutters as he picked himself up and headed back into his lab. As before, his movements had a sense of urgency but he did not purposely knock into his equipment as he had done on his way out.
Kageko, meanwhile, simply sighed and leaned back in her chair as she looked around the room. It hadn't changed much since she had last come here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 am
Emilia cast a dark look at Louis but did not say anything. It seemed obvious that the discussion with Angeles had not gone really well.

Louis stared at his face in the reflection of the fountain. He did not want to explain to her like that. He needed to think about what was going to happen to them.
He'd give his life freely for any of their lives, as their Leader it was his duty. But he was nor Leon's, nor Angeles's leader.

Emilia jumped down from the fountain and walked to Angeles. She felt somewhat compelled to talk to her, although she guessed that the vampire would just send her away.
"You shouldn't do that..." she growled. "That will only weaken you." Her statement was very practical on purpose.
"I am not your friend." she added. "But ********, I hate to see you like that." she grunted with a sigh as if she hated admitted that she cared.  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 am
Angeles stopped almost immediately, flipping her ring between her fingers until it was again secured on her finger. The bloodstained gold showed dimly in the light as she looked towards the gate. In her peripheral vision more of the unit members were showing up, "I'll be alright Emilia," she said in a low tone so only she could hear, "what I have planned does not require strength."

Leon looked at the two females talking then looked at Louis looking at his own reflection in the water, "so you did break her?" he asked flatly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm
Kageko exited the apothecary after exchanging goodbyes with Mr. Wood. Now she had six tube-like vials, two up each sleeve and two attached to her belt, to use during the attack if she needed to. While the drug looked like a liquid, it would enter a gaseous state as soon as it was released. To get it, Kageko had to pay the same ridiculously high price that Mr. Wood's other clients had to pay for poisons. At least, though, she had managed to get it. Many others were blatantly refused and chased out with some form of acid or other. At least, that's what he had told her when she was a small girl. Looking up at the sun, Kageko estimated that she would be able to easily reach the meeting in time if she just walked.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 am
((So sorry for the delay))

Emilia grunted and shrugged at Angeles's answer. Yet she was relieved that the vampire had stopped.
"I'm not much of a planner." she sighed.
"Need me to do anything special?" she asked.

Louis looked at Leon with calm.
"This is the first time of my life I did what I wanted instead of what I had to. Don't judge me Leon, not you."
His voice was cold and calm as usual but his eyes were glowing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:29 pm
"Judge?" said Leon calmly as he turned and leaned against the fountain, "I commend you. That is all. From what I had heard of Angeles, and what I have seen of her in this short time. You have a long road ahead of you," he closed his eyes, "if you survive."  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:34 pm
Kageko arrived at the gates to the castle. Already, the other members of the Unit were there. A quick scan of the energies also told her that Emilia, Angeles, Leon, and Louis were also present. Taking a position in the back as usual, the girl waited patiently.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm
Louis did not say anything to Leon. He simply straightened and looked at the sky as the first of the twelve midday hit echoed in the city.
"Let's go." said the vampire.
And he headed for the gate.
As Angeles did not answer her, Emilia just followed her Leader. But for much longer? she wondered.
For once she did not bark at Kageko. She was surprised that the young human was here despite what was going to happen.  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:59 pm
Angeles watched Emilia leave and waited to be the back of the group but Leon also had the same idea and leveled his gaze to hers. Neither moved for a long time before Leon followed and Angeles took up the rear. She did not answer Emilia, because the answer sounded selfish. No matter what, Angeles could not die.  
Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games