Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm
Thank you King, Maru, and liz. I can see your points @w@ I've changed up the quest now and opened it up for crits again. It's now semi-based on the mutant/zombie Totoro, but not exactly. Also added some things to his personality to hopefully make him scarier from the get-go. I'd really appreciate any crits/help from anyone interested so I can improve him more!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:25 pm
I've had an enrollment thread up for some time now; it's marked as done in the thread where you post for enrollment, but there's no post in it, it isn't marked in the title, and I haven't been contacted about it, either for crit or acceptance. What should I do about this?  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:27 pm
What would happen if a Minipet wore a skullpin?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am
I had a Club idea that I wanted to make sure would be alright before going ahead and setting anything up. The club to be would be Humanimation Club which is based off of normal 'Japanimation Clubs' or 'Anime Clubs'. The idea would be that the students would get together to watch not JUST anime but anything animated by humans... that opens up a huge variety of things to watch.

Things would be LiveStreamed and chatter in the box could be semi-IC while the cartoon is showing.

The biggest thing would be... WOULD students be able to get a hold of 'human animated' things? The idea of the club would to treat any animation like most Americans treat anime. Something FOREIGN and usually gotten by means of torrent/outside source/etc.  

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:06 am
Prolixity
I've had an enrollment thread up for some time now; it's marked as done in the thread where you post for enrollment, but there's no post in it, it isn't marked in the title, and I haven't been contacted about it, either for crit or acceptance. What should I do about this?

Please PM your thread to me and I'll take a look at it. Chances are we began looking, got distracted, and forgot about it. :< Sorry! ;;; You'll be bumped up to #1 on my enrollment once I get a link to your student.

Toshihiko Two
What would happen if a Minipet wore a skullpin?

What sort of pin? If a student takes their pin off and puts it on their minipet for shits'n'giggles, then... nothing happens. If they set their minipet outside of their room with it on, then they transform into a magical minipet girl nothing happens aside from the Pin dissolving into Fear and reappearing on the student. That's the fun thing about student pins: they'll always respawn on you unless you've been approved by staff to Lose It at whichpoint you'd need to report to the office ASAP for a new one. Or let Red track you down and pin one on you forcefully, but even I don't recommend that.

TD;DR: Nothing. Pins are customized per student. Minipets don't produce enough Fear to make the skullpins work.

sleepZombie
I had a Club idea that I wanted to make sure would be alright before going ahead and setting anything up. The club to be would be Humanimation Club which is based off of normal 'Japanimation Clubs' or 'Anime Clubs'. The idea would be that the students would get together to watch not JUST anime but anything animated by humans... that opens up a huge variety of things to watch.

Things would be LiveStreamed and chatter in the box could be semi-IC while the cartoon is showing.

The biggest thing would be... WOULD students be able to get a hold of 'human animated' things? The idea of the club would to treat any animation like most Americans treat anime. Something FOREIGN and usually gotten by means of torrent/outside source/etc.

Personally I am of the opinion that students would be unable to get ahold of such things because they have no idea that they exist. Students know NOTHING of the human world. I mean, when students accidentally showed up there the human they ran across couldn't see them because the students couldn't produce enough Fear to scare her. XD

To be honest I think it would be easiest to treat cartoons/stuff as Halloween-made. Halloween is made up of a bunch of different cultures/people, and as long as there's a Halloween spin on it, it shoul;d be fine. This is something I'll discuss with zoo and liz though. Please stay tuned!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 am
Marushii

Will do! :> That sounds like an equally good alternative!  

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 pm
Does the shop have a policy on using parental-characters in solos? If so, what are the limits on their use/etc.

Are we allowed to NPC a character's parents as long as they don't mention anything pertaining to the human world/stuff that we the players don't already know about OOCly/ICly/We don't mention any abilities/FEARS/History/etc?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:11 pm
It's preferred if parentals are left out of the main picture. Which is not to say there's no interaction, just that they never take stage themselves, but rather turn up in the form of letters, packages, phone calls, and the like.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:57 pm
Did the open house count for any growth points normal or otherwise?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:01 pm
Open house counted for normal RP growth points for students already enrolled or enrolled during the event.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Mkvc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:00 pm
Hello. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have a question about the canon of this world. O: I understand that in order for a citizen of Halloween Town to go to the human world, they need a passport. To get a passport, one would need to attend / graduate academy.

Would it be possible for:
A) A demon that is too young to attend a school but would die without an early-life contact with a human OR
B) A demon too unintelligent to attend an academy but needs human interaction to live (I'm talking like the mindless creatures anime characters can kill even in episode 1)
to exist?

For example:
A) A parasite that is born in larva form in the pumpkin patch but after a few years needs to find a human host. Could they be allowed to visit the human world temporarily to find a body?
B) A demon that only lives 1-3 years total. Would they be required to attend school?

Thanks. I apologize sincerely if this question has been addressed before, but so far as I've been reading the thread there's nothing quite like it.

; A ; -puts on dunce cap-

EDIT:
Q: Can my character be a human that's been cursed?
A:The only "humans" allowed at TiH at this time are those that are now dead, ie ghosts and/or undead. These characters, however, have no memory of the human world at all.

Okay, so this would definitely apply to part A of my question. Sorry I found this a little after I posted. It raises a new question, I guess. The race I want to RP is a type of parasite (in mythology, it is a rather common Japanese demon) that inhabits the body of a human, immediately killing them, and then controls it. It is essentially a kind of living dead because its existence literally is confined to dead bodies. Judging by the rules listed for the undead class student, could it be workable?

Would a life line along the lines of :
Born in Pumpkin Patch as larva -> Brought a freshly dead human to infect in Halloween Town OR Brought to human world and is allowed to infect someone (which kills them) and is returned to Halloween in the process, having no memory whatsoever of the ordeal -> Go to School -> Graduate, allowed to get passport and possibly find new body

Work? And in that situation, would the student be a demon or an undead?

Sorry for being complicated. orz;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 pm
lizbot
It's preferred if parentals are left out of the main picture. Which is not to say there's no interaction, just that they never take stage themselves, but rather turn up in the form of letters, packages, phone calls, and the like.

Follow up; What about a trip home to visit a parental unit? How should they be handled in this instance?

New question: When are the current rounds of exams happening timeline wise? Before or after prom?  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:41 pm
Mkvc: no creature in Halloween needs human contact to survive, all of them are created and/or survive from human fears. Collecting FEAR energy doesn't require any contact, it naturally gravitates toward Halloween and its citizens. Mature TiHers do go out into the Human World to make sure that humans don't lose their fear of the unnatural and unknown, and thus maintaining Halloween's source of power. But they would never send a child out to do that.

Born in Pumpkin Patch as larva -> Brought a freshly dead human to infect in Halloween Town <--- this is fine ~ actually killing a human for a body would be a big no, so the other isn't so applicable. But importing an already dead body for use would be considered recycling.

They would be considered undead if they take over a corpse, if they took over a living body that remained living, they would either be considered monster or demon. The main difference between monster and demon is that demons cast spells to use their abilities, while monster abilities are a physical part of themselves. So if a living host was taken via a contract or spell, that would be a demon. If the living host was taking over by the larva simply physically attaching itself, that would be a monster (Prof. Hellma is an example of the monster version, Riley would be an example of the demon version)

pach: for solos? just make sure its student POV and stay away from the general "don't go there"s and it should be fine ~

exams: whichever you and your group prefer. Exams are open indefinitely after this, so there's no fixed timeline.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:23 pm
Can minipets talk? Or at least communicate amongst each other that we could rp it as talking when no humanoid/higher level monsters are around?  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm
They can talk to each other...they just don't speak the same language really, as their owners. So it doesn't matter if they're around them when they talk or not.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games