Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bleach: Baransu no Kanshu (Recruiting)

Back to Guilds

A literate roleplay for the wonderful world of Bleach 

Tags: Bleach, roleplay, shinigami 

Reply The Bleach World
The OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:26 pm
I was so disappointed with that game. >_>

I was expecting an honest-to-god zombie survival game. And I got a zombie version of Borderlands with weapon degradation so fast it puts balsa wood to shame. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND MANUFACTURES A PADDLE THAN CAN ONLY TAKE TEN WHACKS OF ABUSE?!

But yeah. That game made me nerdgasm until I realized it was another arcadey disappointment.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm
Eh never played it  

Xx_Shiro-kun_xX

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Butter My Biscuits

O.G. Smoker

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:34 pm
Hymn of the Silent

I was expecting an honest-to-god zombie survival game. And I got a zombie version of Borderlands with weapon degradation so fast it puts balsa wood to shame. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND MANUFACTURES A PADDLE THAN CAN ONLY TAKE TEN WHACKS OF ABUSE?!

But yeah. That game made me nerdgasm until I realized it was another arcadey disappointment.

Yeah I was kinda disappointed that the box had lied and said it was offline co-op but it didn't say that we had to do a system link in order to play. That honestly pissed me off. But TBH its still a fair game.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm
Hymn of the Silent

To be fair smack someone full force with a paddle, you'd be lucky if it didn't break after the first three-four hits. Wood is wood, hard certainly but you didn't see people using them as weapons for a reason. Most things with a long flat edge can't take impacts as well as something more condensed. Paddels are made to be light weight so they can be moved quickly through the water, their just not built with durability in mind.

Also in the end as a game designer I can tell you that reality takes a back seat to mechanics. After all, if it was extremely durable (as well as many other things like blades in that which can't take nearly the beating they "realisitically" would) you'd start to loose use for the money, repair, and upgrade system in he game.  

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Xx_Shiro-kun_xX

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:53 pm
Or just punch a zombie to death.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 pm
Dark Bunny Lord
Hymn of the Silent

To be fair smack someone full force with a paddle, you'd be lucky if it didn't break after the first three-four hits. Wood is wood, hard certainly but you didn't see people using them as weapons for a reason. Most things with a long flat edge can't take impacts as well as something more condensed. Paddels are made to be light weight so they can be moved quickly through the water, their just not built with durability in mind.

Also in the end as a game designer I can tell you that reality takes a back seat to mechanics. After all, if it was extremely durable (as well as many other things like blades in that which can't take nearly the beating they "realisitically" would) you'd start to loose use for the money, repair, and upgrade system in he game.

So, how excited are you about the new elder scrolls game that's coming
out next month? Hopefully they'll add the dark brotherhood and give more
quests. In oblivion the brotherhood quests were child's play, I finished them
all in less than a day.  

Butter My Biscuits

O.G. Smoker

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Butter My Biscuits

O.G. Smoker

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 pm
Xx_Shiro-kun_xX
Or just punch a zombie to death.

I spent 30 seconds stomping a zombie in the balls just to kill it because all
my weapons broke.....funny as hell but a damn shame. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 pm
Butter My Biscuits
Dark Bunny Lord
Hymn of the Silent

So, how excited are you about the new elder scrolls game that's coming
out next month? Hopefully they'll add the dark brotherhood and give more
quests. In oblivion the brotherhood quests were child's play, I finished them
all in less than a day.
Pretty, I've played most of them although I am fearing that we're going to get another completely horrid combat system.
Given magic has worked great since morrowind and so has ranged combat, but melee combat has always been incredibly bland so here's hoping they really put a bit more focus on that. That aside I'm sure the class/stat system, customization, story, and world will all be fantastic.  

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 pm
personally i only had a few issues (which with custom modding of some data files were resolved) the biggest issue that isn't resolved applies to most games and that would be lack of custom character making = w= i'm a major fan of the custom character creation in games and just about any game that has any depth of customization will get at least some sort of hard look or try by me . w.b  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 pm
*lowers head sadly* I feel so outdated I have no idea what your talking about. Then again I still prefer my PS2 to any other gaming platform, besides the sims 2 for pc.  

Kya Akai Kitsune
Crew

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 pm
Well, as a destructive child I always beat things with...well...other things. (Those things not being anything living. I'm talking telephone poles and concrete slabs, here). The only things that broke after ten or so whacks were sticks from trees and other brittle junk. Boards of wood lasted far longer than their videogame counterparts. And I find (more) realistic games to be enjoyable (to an extent). Deadliest Warrior, where if you cut someone's head off you win instantly? Fair to me. Fallout 3 where a VATS shot to the head killed just about anything? Also fair. Watching a baseball bat degrade after hitting something 20 times when it's designed to take years of abuse? Not cool.

And I understand where they're coming from. They're trying to make the game harder, and focus less on hack-n-slash (or in this case beat-n-kick), and more on ingenuity and survival but there has to be some semblance of realism in a game, otherwise people couldn't relate to it and simultaneously wouldn't enjoy it. For every piece of fantasy there is realism there to keep it grounded.

And as for the money system, in Borderlands I never had to pay to repair a gun when I used it too much, and still almost came out flat broke every time I took on a new mission. Because of the gunzzzz. You can't tell me that a game can't find a new and inventive way to use money. Make the upgrades more expensive? Make it so you have to purchase mods? Unlimited potential.

And Skyrim...I believe there's too much hype and people are going to have this beautiful, fantastic image of the game that they've cemented in their heads from watching all the trailers and some game play that when they play it they'll be slightly disappointed. For those more level, it looks to be promising. But I agree with DBL, the melee in that game left a lot to be desired. It was so much easier to use a bow, get a sneak crit shot from a distance, and take out the rest of them while jumping and avoiding and shooting at them from a distance with arrows and magic. Made this hardcore RPG warrior-class-fan a little sad.

Oh, and I do hope they put class/stat limits on certain tasks you do. Because a dumb-as-a-rock warrior with no dexterity to speak of should never be the leader of the Dark Brotherhood or be the Grey Fox. And NEVER both at the same time whilst also the head of the Fighter's Guild. Muy loco, that is.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 pm
My xbox killed my Oblivion crying I was such an awesome Dark elf assassin.  

Xx_Shiro-kun_xX

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:50 pm
I horded MP pots and locked myself away with my summon skelly spell and lvled my blade and conj xD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 pm
Hymn of the Silent
Well, as a destructive child I always beat things with...well...other things. (Those things not being anything living. I'm talking telephone poles and concrete slabs, here). The only things that broke after ten or so whacks were sticks from trees and other brittle junk. Boards of wood lasted far longer than their videogame counterparts. And I find (more) realistic games to be enjoyable (to an extent). Deadliest Warrior, where if you cut someone's head off you win instantly? Fair to me. Fallout 3 where a VATS shot to the head killed just about anything? Also fair. Watching a baseball bat degrade after hitting something 20 times when it's designed to take years of abuse? Not cool.

And I understand where they're coming from. They're trying to make the game harder, and focus less on hack-n-slash (or in this case beat-n-kick), and more on ingenuity and survival but there has to be some semblance of realism in a game, otherwise people couldn't relate to it and simultaneously wouldn't enjoy it. For every piece of fantasy there is realism there to keep it grounded.

And as for the money system, in Borderlands I never had to pay to repair a gun when I used it too much, and still almost came out flat broke every time I took on a new mission. Because of the gunzzzz. You can't tell me that a game can't find a new and inventive way to use money. Make the upgrades more expensive? Make it so you have to purchase mods? Unlimited potential.

And Skyrim...I believe there's too much hype and people are going to have this beautiful, fantastic image of the game that they've cemented in their heads from watching all the trailers and some game play that when they play it they'll be slightly disappointed. For those more level, it looks to be promising. But I agree with DBL, the melee in that game left a lot to be desired. It was so much easier to use a bow, get a sneak crit shot from a distance, and take out the rest of them while jumping and avoiding and shooting at them from a distance with arrows and magic. Made this hardcore RPG warrior-class-fan a little sad.

Oh, and I do hope they put class/stat limits on certain tasks you do. Because a dumb-as-a-rock warrior with no dexterity to speak of should never be the leader of the Dark Brotherhood or be the Grey Fox. And NEVER both at the same time whilst also the head of the Fighter's Guild. Muy loco, that is.
Yes, but you where a child as you just stated, not a full grown adult with 150-200+ pounds + muscle force behind your swing hitting an object that was coming at you at a high speed therefor increasing the impact. Not only that, it's not so much that the item has to break, just that it has to loose enough structural integrity that it becomes inneffective. As for comparing it to borderlands that's not really fair, because in that you're not able to roam 3 feet and pick up another weapon nigh instantly.
Given I certainly had my issues with the game, but form a designers standpoint I just see exactly why they did what they did. After all, if weapons lasted a long time you wouldn't get the urgency of looking for another (given their still very easy to find SOMETHING in a pinch) which takes away from the survival horror aspect it's attempting (not necessarily succeeding but attempting) to build.  

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 pm
As for the Elder Scrolls series I remember on Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III) going and getting Azura's gemstone (a soulstone that you could use multiple times given that you kept trapping a new soul in it per use) then using soul trap on a golden saint or one of the cuthuluu looking casters (can't remember the mobs name they just had the squid faces and big heafty robes) which gave maximum enchant power. Then learned all the summon spells (imp, centurion, frost/fire/lightning elemental, centurion, wolf, bear, and a few others I can't remember since it's been a few years) and putting them on unlimited duration (which you could only do with the above mentioned souls) on an amulet so everytime I equiped it I'd have a little army of mobs following me around that would fight for me, and if any died I had it on hot key for unequip/equip to resummon them all.  
The Bleach World

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games