Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:54 pm
'Ello, PCG, and thank you for accepting me into this loverly guild. biggrin
I'll probably lurk for a little while before I become extremely active. >.>;;

My name is Melissa, I'm 18 years old and very vehemently pro-choice. As long as I can remember I've been pro-choice because, to me, the pro-life stance simply doesn't make any sense. The thought of making abortion illegal apalls me. I actually wrote a pro-choice editorial in my creative writing class; I might have to try to find it. I'm pretty liberal for the most part, as are my mom and step-dad. My father, on the other hand, is a completely different story (HARDCORERIGHTWINGCONSERVATIVEOMG). eek

Very few people IRL know that I have had an abortion. Though I know my mother would support my choice completely, and I have no regrets to this day, I know my father would disown me.

I got pregnant when I lost my virginity (putting a rest to those stupid "pro-choice women are sluts" stereotype talk2hand ). Needless to say, I was very naive. I know that I made the right choice. I was only 17 and there was no way I could have given that child the love, care, and support it would have needed.
Well, once I get to talking about myself I can't seem to stop, so if anyone has any questions feel free to check out my profile or PM me. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:23 pm
Welcome to our wonderful guild, Peppermint Schnapps! Hope you enjoy your stay here. biggrin  

[ Variant ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:15 am
Hi there. I'm Lake. I'm Pro-Choice...merely because it's what I believe, and my reasons are simple. A woman's body is a woman's choice. Whether or not the fetus is "alive", If the Mother does not wish to bring it into the world, it should not be.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:39 am
Hi, all. =D I'm Pandora Box, but you can call me by my nickname, Panda, or by my real name, Journey.

I've been planning on joining the PCG for quite some time now, and finally got around to it. I've been pro-choice for as long as I can remember, although my beliefs have evolved. A long time ago I believed it should only be used in cases of rape and the mother's health (but still legal no matter) and bought into the myth of "using it as contraception." Then I learned more, and I'm happy to support a woman's choice no matter who she is and no matter the reason.

Other stuff... well, I'm 17, turning 18 on September 21. I'm taking a year off from college in order to work and do a bit of travel, and then I'm off to the University of Texas in Austin to major in Political Science. I'm also very, very liberal (just your typical vegetarian lesbian feminist wink ). I'm sure if Dobson knew about me he'd use my picture as his own personal dartboard. Yay.

Pandora Box

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:22 pm
Pandora Box
Hi, all. =D I'm Pandora Box, but you can call me by my nickname, Panda, or by my real name, Journey.

I've been planning on joining the PCG for quite some time now, and finally got around to it. I've been pro-choice for as long as I can remember, although my beliefs have evolved. A long time ago I believed it should only be used in cases of rape and the mother's health (but still legal no matter) and bought into the myth of "using it as contraception." Then I learned more, and I'm happy to support a woman's choice no matter who she is and no matter the reason.

Other stuff... well, I'm 17, turning 18 on September 21. I'm taking a year off from college in order to work and do a bit of travel, and then I'm off to the University of Texas in Austin to major in Political Science. I'm also very, very liberal (just your typical vegetarian lesbian feminist wink ). I'm sure if Dobson knew about me he'd use my picture as his own personal dartboard. Yay.
Panda! *glomps* biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:14 am
Pandora Box

Yay, Pandora is here!!! Good to see ya, homey! blaugh  

User Not Authenticated

Feline Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:01 pm
Wai thank you for accepting me into the guild. 3nodding

I'm Kurosawa Aki. Kurosawa's the last name, Aki's the first. Aki for short. biggrin

I post a lot in ED. x__x That's all I can really say about myself, lmao.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:33 am
Hey hey.

I'm Jerreh, I'm 16 years old, and completely gay.
And totally pro-choice. A woman's body is HERS.  

Jerreh

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:07 am
Melisande Arianna
So, I just joined this guild.
I don't have time now for a lengthy introduction...now. I'll get one put together and post it sometime in the near future, my lovelies. <3

Um, you can call me anything you like really:

Hannahsaurus
Hannah! :OOO
Melisaurus
Meli
Melisande
Arianna
Melisande Arianna
ARISAURUS. :OOO
Chikadee
Tapioca
Pudding

Whatever you think is fun. biggrin DD I adore nicknames, so throw those at me, I'll probably answer to them even if they aren't mine. XD

Um...so anyway...Yeah Pro-choice, otherwise I wouldn't be in this guild. ;D

...AND I'M FRIENDS WITH ERNIE. ONOZ. NOT THAT.

DDD:

...Kidding.

--Melisaurus;;

Y HALLO THAR. Glad you finally joined. wink

Your signature is love. heart xd

Welcome to the guild everyone! surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:24 am
Helloo.
My name is Jen, I'm from England. I'm 19 and I'm about to start my second year of an English Literature degree.

I'm completely pro-choice, and I'm also very liberal, left wing, environment-loving and an advocate of womens rights. However, I say these things whilst being aware that I'm not very active, so I thought that joining this guild would be a good first step.

I have opinions that I feel very strongly about but I don't consider myself very good at debating, especially online. I get too riled up, try to post to quickly, miss out a lot of what I want to say, don't go into what I consider enough detail, can't present any facts off the top of my head, and so my arguments generally come across as half-hearted and ill thought out. I'm also (I know this sounds silly) slightly sensitive, even on the internet, that I can be hated for my opinion when I'm arguing over abortion. It upsets me - I'm a nice person!

So basically, even though I'm more a lurker than a chatter I thought that joining this guild would give me a little more ammunition, and I'd also be able to pick up a few tips on making a good argument (one that renders an opponent speechless heehee) from some of you master debators out there.

It's nice to meet you all, I'm very friendly and I'd like to make a few mates roundabouts. Looking forward to chatting around here.  

Inconsistent

Iseult Shadowqueen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:48 am
My name is Amy, I live near Birmingham, UK and I am 18. I have always been pro-choice, as I hated being surrounded by pro-lifers as a child and early teen (I went to a Christian school), and every time an abortion debate came up, I'd always argue for abortions and the same goes for now.

I'm not the most eloquent of people and I get my words muddled so I tend to stay out of debates but when I get involved then I'm very passionate about my views.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:44 pm
Hi, I'm Mickle, but most call me Mick. I'm 16 years old and live in Canada.

I joined this guild because I believe in freedom. The ultimate freedom, the freedom of CHOICE. The ability to make decisions on who we are as people, what we believe to be right or wrong and what we believe is sensible as rational human beings.

Choice is what seperates us from slaves or drones, made to follow someone ELSE's choice.

I joined this guild because above all other things, we should have choice over our own bodies. Like the thought out decision to bring a child into this world we should have the choice not to as well.

Thanks for accepting me and I know I'll meet lots of interesting people here.  

mickle

Asexual-Slut~Enya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:07 pm
Welcome, everyone, we are glad to have you here with us. The more the merrier. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:47 am
Hey you all, thanks for the accept. Or something. Heh.

My name is Kari. I'm 20 years old, and I come from Norway. Ever since I was pretty young, I have debated over the right for a womans choice. I feel that I'm lucky because I live in Norway. We have a choice. The fact that there are still countries out there where making that choice is illegal makes me angry and scared. I mean, the basic right of deciding over your body isn't in your own hands! It's just wrong.

That being said, I'm not sure if I could have an abortion. I practise safe sex, and I have for a few years now, but if I found out that I was with child, I'm not sure what I would do. I am not ready for a child in any way, and the father (only person I've ever slept it, and hopefully ever will sleep with) is away in the military, after being drafted. (He doesn't get to decide over his own body either, and this makes me angry as well) My thoughts are that if I end up pregnant, it'll still be a person, half me and half him, and I'm not sure if I could go through with that. But it would still be my choice. It would still make me pro-choice. And this is something I feel very strongly about, and something I hope to help out with. Because when people hear that I am pro-choice, they automatically assume that I would have an abortion, and this is not the case. It's not certain at all. But I want that choice to be there, for me and every other woman, so that I can decide for my self.

Pro choice IS Pro Life. Our own life. And without our lives, no other lives can blossom.  

keowyn

misplaced_left_sock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:31 am
I'm Calvan. I'm 18/M/FL.
I've been around pro lifers for A while. And almost every thing they say irks me.
I'm A Bisexual. I'm currently in A happy relationship.
I can't say any more.

-Misplaced.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games