Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:31 pm

Whoops! Sorry Cale, I forgot to add that the Devourer deactivates it's Repulsors and extends braces into the ground for weapons that might posess recoil. I'll edit that in when I post it in the guide...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Found as close a pic as I could find. It's kinda big, but it pretty much tells you what it's like under his mask...

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Um... EK, you do know how to resize a pic don't you?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:36 am

stellarmagic
Um... EK, you do know how to resize a pic don't you?
nope, not at all. Never had to. Besides, it does fit on the page...

ElladanKenet
Crew

Count of Moogi Cristo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:35 pm

So, I take it my entry wasn't accepted? Can someone tell me any changes I would need to make for it to be entered into the Guide?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:36 am

I've been thinking of a Mandalorian ship of the Destroyer-class that could be produced in small numbers for my side. Any ideas? (Forget the fact that I'm buying from Kuat. I just want some input)

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Moogi
So, I take it my entry wasn't accepted? Can someone tell me any changes I would need to make for it to be entered into the Guide?

What was your entry?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Cale Darksun
Moogi

What was your entry?
Haven't made one yet. I was thinking of a rehaul of the Kedalbe-class, making some adjustments, and tagging on a new name, like Fett or Ordo. Or even Maki

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:37 pm

ElladanKenet
Cale Darksun
Moogi

What was your entry?
Haven't made one yet. I was thinking of a rehaul of the Kedalbe-class, making some adjustments, and tagging on a new name, like Fett or Ordo. Or even Maki

Not you.
Moogi. I was asking what his entry was.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Oh, sorry

ElladanKenet
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm

Entry: 18273
Subject: Cassus-class Star Destroyer
Capsule:

Named after the Mandalorian strategist of old, the Cassus-class is the latest incarnation of Mandalorian capital ships. While by no means a big ship, especially when compared to Beldons, Revenges, and Pellaeons, a Cassus is considerably larger than Stalwarths, Wombats, and Gladiuses.

Now, this ship was designed pre-Loyalist Rebellion, as a rival ship against the Imperial Nemesises. The designer itself was MandalMotors Chief Designer Sigil Thetf.

These ships were made mainly as a revival of the older Kedalbe models. These ships were a tad bigger, comparable to the Nemesis in size, and carried the same quad engines as the Kedalbe, giving it a whopping 25 Gs, and making its competitor as slow as a Krayt Dragon on Hoth in the middle of winter. The ship itself is designed with a 2 1/2 hull, giving it more armor than the other ship, while abandoning the second layer of shielding.

Countering this measure is the sheer lack of weapons. 140 Class- 11 Turbolasers, 270 Class-9 Turbolasers, 100 Class-7 Laser Cannons24 Class-11 Proton Torpedo Tubes, and 36 Class-12 Mass Drivers makes this a hell of a ship. The drawback to the sheer number of guns; three squadrons of fighters makes evenm the Nemesis seem comfy. The hyperdrive is a Class .75, and combined with it's nearly 4 layers gives it respect and awe only reserved for the largest ships.

The kick to the head, however, is its special weapon. Like the Kedalbe of old, the Cassus can fire and utilize an energy leach on other vessels, draining shield and systems power to power their own ship. Sound great? There are down-sides, though. The system itself has a maximum range of 5 miles, forcing it to come within range of other ships. The system can also only be used efficiently for thirty seconds, then needs to recharge for another five minutes. Basically, this gives you the chance of only draining about half the shield-power and disabling most ion cannons for about ten seconds. The upside, is that the device uses virtually none of the Cassus' own power, instead using a battery that stores siphoned energy from the enemy ship, and can then distibute excess energy into the host ship's own power systems.

The second draw-back is fighter control. The ship lacks virtually no point-defence systems, has little automation compared to other modern Mandalorian models, and its size and lack of fighters make it an easy target for T-97s without the proper support. The only good news here is the mass drivers cannons will probably take out most of the enemy squadrons by the time they make another run. of course, by then it could be too late.

All in all, not a bad ship. It serves the role it was made for quite well; not good for fighters, really good for frigates - destroyers. Too bad the Mandal construction yards could only make a dozen of these in the four years they were making them.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:42 pm

I'll need a group ruling on this.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:03 pm

Didn't we shoot down Mandalorian use of Destroyer class vessels once already?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:00 pm

hmmm...a MandalMotors design manufactured by Kuat perhaps?

Oh and what are the stats on a Beldon?

PaulTheWolf5575

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:29 am

stellarmagic
Didn't we shoot down Mandalorian use of Destroyer class vessels once already?
1) We shot down the fact of them being mass-produced destroyers. We're talking a dozen inf four eyars, vesrsus the nearly hundreds that Bilbringi and Kuat have cranked out

2) It's not like it's a Beldon, or even a Revenge. We're talking twelve destroyers. That hardly replaces my own loss in Accs and Vics.

3) It's not like you wouldn't be able to destroy them. We're talking twelve of these versus your entire Task Force. You'd win without breathing.

So what's the problem.
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games