Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm just venting at this point... This shouldn't even be an issue.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

*points at dark side nexus*

Vent there.

@CW: He's not there to swindle your funds; he's there to track them down.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Nelo: He can flame all he wants, I won't respond in kind.

Stellar: Read what I am writing! Our ideas *can* coexist! You can have those files and I can still have the compys wiped! It also makes Kusei look better that she can repair those files...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:55 pm

No... It makes her look like a dope for letting your AI slip past her. No AI can beat Kusei... Period.

stellarmagic

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:01 pm

Nelowulf
*points at dark side nexus*

Vent there.

@CW: He's not there to swindle your funds; he's there to track them down.

All right.

However, if Freya pretty much has piggy banks all over the place, then wouldn't that make it harder for her to be tracked down?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 pm

stellarmagic
No... It makes her look like a dope for letting your AI slip past her. No AI can beat Kusei... Period.

Over-ruled!!! *slams down gavel*

stellar: you have the stuff, but it's akin to the insane puzzles on Gaia.

AFK Masturbating

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:05 pm

It'd make information spotty because there's no way we know all her accounts, so there may be some times when there's no information and other times allot of information.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:06 pm

WHAT!!! YOU JUST BROKE THE ANTI-MUNCH PROJECT!

NELO HELP ME HERE!

stellarmagic

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:06 pm

stellarmagic
It'd make information spotty because there's no way we know all her accounts, so there may be some times when there's no information and other times allot of information.

Allright. That I'll buy. 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:10 pm

I believe that settles that Stellar

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:12 pm

Bull! I'm appealing, for what to occur that you have described breaks this rule in the anti-munch project.

Quote:
The people who do things in hindsight (McFlys).

Your AI did no even attempt to wipe the files until they were already accessed, furthermore if her attack was successful Kusei herself would have been killed by the attack due to her cybernetics. I won't let you revise an RP and kill MY CHARACTER!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:13 pm

Yus. Next case!

AFK Masturbating

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 pm

It happened before YOU CAME IN THERE! POSTING ORDER DOES NOT DETERMINE GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 pm

The situation is this:

Stellar wants the files in tact so that Kusei doesn't have to spend hours upon hours of repair work (which would possilby be unable to be repaired depending on how much needs to be reworked. Usually 10% is a maximum before severe data loss becomes evident).

Paul wants his magic AI to somehow wipe everything before Kusei can get her hands on any files, but can't get all of it done in time.

My view is this: Kusei got into the system first. She's heading straight for the files she wants. Paul's AI, no matter how good, is just purging straight down the list. There is no reasonable way to claim that it can go through that much data fast enough to beat the odds, and its impossible for the AI to combat something which it has no idea exists.

What I'm saying is this: the AI cannot wipe the files Kusei is looking specifically for short of a very... very long stretch.

Data wipes can take up to a half hour depending on the amount of information. As Paul specifically stated he was attempting to erase strategies and battle plans, I doubt such bullox information as accounting will be seen as a "priority" short of pulling a mcfly (I suggest if you don't know what that means, you stick my RP guide up your a** so far that you can read it in your mouth.)

Its also AI. Meaning it is only a computer. It can be fooled, it can be tricked, and even the best AI is no match for a hacker with skills such as the Makai clan's boasting. Once information is deleted, there's no way of getting it back, but that does not mean it can get away with stuff already stolen. Figuring that that AI has done some pretty stretched things in the past, I'm not seeing any mitigation in this case on the side of Paul.

Kusei is also only human. She can only do so much, before things catch up. Also, because she is a PC, there is no way that the AI can blow up a console she's plugged into, unless acknowledged by Stellar.

My Evaluation: The account data is in tact. All other data is subject to negotiable destruction.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:18 pm

See, that's fine with me...good call to both GAs
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games