Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
I am so glad I have managed to stay out of all this.

Just keep doing the Koth and Iust thing.
Let the Military Nuts b***h at each other until they're blue in the face.
It has nothing to do with anyone that doesnt possess a military rank of some sort.
Plan on it. Even if I wanted to do something in the military I would stay away because of the b***h fest that is going on. In other (happier) news I should get Iust's intro up tonight.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:21 pm

In other news....

PANIC: THE STOCK MARKET DROPPED LIKE A ROCK TODAY!!!
See it on CNN!

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:35 pm

What?
Again?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:05 pm

400 Point loss on the DOW today. Similar losses are being reported in other national stock markets as well as overseas.

Is it bad? Well, I don't know but I will be watching the market tomorrow to see what it does. If it goes into a tailspin and we have a global economic crunch...

I don't want to even think about it.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:11 pm

I already did.
I'll have to tighten my belt, get used to eating turnips and dust, and start hoping a german Fascist conqueres most of Europe so that the resulting war can save our economy.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm

I don't think it'll be a fascist germany waging a war but a communist china. I'm not sure we could win such a war either. Especially if India and Russia line up on China's side.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Russia is of no threat to the US.

Economically they still suffer... not so bad as 10 years ago, but they couldn't do much even if they tried. China already has its own ICBMs anyhow... Short of renting a couple boats, there's not much they really could do.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:37 pm

so...is any one going to answer my call for a transport?

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 pm

You realize you don't have to get permission to get a ride back... You can NPC your request and get off planet.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:43 pm

Economically Russia is in trouble... but Militarily. Militarily the Russians have been developing weapons and equipment that can match and in some areas supercede American equipment. The foremost jet fighter in the world is once again a russian aircraft, the Su-47 Berkut.

India is funding Russia's military research and they do have the money to spend, and historically Russia's economy is designed for wartime, most of their heavy industry was meant to build tanks and planes, it'd be pretty easy for them to start a switch to a planned economy and pump out military hardware in a war.

China is the only country in the world that has a successfully tested anti-satellite missile system. The loss of the GPS system would badly cripple our military in the US. We wouldn't have nearly as many smart munitions and would have to revert to laser guidance. The chinese are also working on a jet fighter to compete with the F-22.

I used to think they'd never catch up, but from what I'm reading they'll have passed America in the military technology realm by 2010. Hard to believe.

It's a good thing they're nowhere near as well trained as the US.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Not really.

The Israelis, for example, make a 10 dollar modification to our planes and beat us in combat with ease. Americans spend all this money on bogus equiptment which usually never leaves the testing phase.

It will be US vs. China. Russian military can't touch a fly (more importantly, they don't have the resources to employ 1/10th their force) so they're out of the picture. that, and their little "superfighter" numbers just into the double digits, nowhere near the amount of firepower needed to repel or even delay invaders.

Our F-18s clean up enough crap, I doubt much else will be needed. The 22 will never successfully keep a combat role either. I've seen those things in action, and then you realize that on paper its a good idea, but its like building a mech walker. Imposing... but somewhat useless.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Quote:
I've seen those things in action, and then you realize that on paper its a good idea, but its like building a mech walker. Imposing... but somewhat useless.

This is the biggest problem with American aircraft design...

We say, "Lets build the most complicated and technical aircraft we can and spend 20 years to develop it."
-Result: 18-36 F-22 Raptors being used as an elite force by 2010.

The Russians say, "Lets build the most maneuverable aircraft on the planet... but keep it cheap so we can sell them to other nations. Then lets build a better one next year."
-Result: 100+ Su-47s or their derivatives being used by various nations including Russia, India, and China by 2010.

The Japanese just laugh at us... then they buy the airframe and put their own electronics and stuff in, and wipe F-22s from the sky at Red Flag. That is, if we ever give them a chance to play OPFOR.

The Israelis just have much better doctrine and training, of course they've also got the most recent Air to Air experience of most all the nations around.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Well, see, America suffers from the same problem all superpowered armies do.

Its a monopsony. It has no competition, and therefore does not buy the "best craft". They just pick and choose which model suits their tastes at the moment. Take a look at the F-4 in Vietnam. Took them how many upgrades till they decided to put a pair of guns on it?

Which is why i'm laughing so hard at Legacy right now for the sith having top of the line everything. Its so unrealistic its not funny.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Hey... they don't have the T-wing. twisted

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Really.

The T-Wings not all that good... it's basically a suped-up B-Wing with better maneuvability than a Crossfire.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games