Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:57 pm

To answer your question Stellar, I'm playing Utapau as having once been under Imperial occupation, such as post-Clone Wars, but eventually being left alone.

After Palps died, many planets fell out of either government and just ruled themselves. Utapau, as far as I know, was never mentioned between 32 BBY and 132 BBY.

So my logic is these are really old ships, kept up to date by a planetary military, but far from modern.

Sufficiently uprgaded, I'd say they'd be a little less powerful than the Stalwarth, even after an overhaul.

But I can throw in a Stalwarth, if it'll make you happy.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:11 pm

They're still Imperial Is... a Stalwarth would eat two or three of them for breakfast.

But I'm just a pirate band with a really awesome corvette so two old clunky ISDs should be a real major threat anyway.

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 pm

stellarmagic
They're still Imperial Is... a Stalwarth would eat two or three of them for breakfast.

But I'm just a pirate band with a really awesome corvette so two old clunky ISDs should be a real major threat anyway.
Not just a normal Imperial. A well-maintained, modernly upgraded Imperial cruiser.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 pm

Uh... if its an upgrade then it's not an Imperial I anymore. It's probably an Imperial III. The upgrades series converted ships from I to II and finally to III.

Either way its a chew toy for a Stalwarth, or do you recall our first combat engagement? Your upgraded Imperial-class got handled pretty roughly then too.

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 pm

stellarmagic
Uh... if its an upgrade then it's not an Imperial I anymore. It's probably an Imperial III. The upgrades series converted ships from I to II and finally to III.

Either way its a chew toy for a Stalwarth, or do you recall our first combat engagement? Your upgraded Imperial-class got handled pretty roughly then too.
I was under the impression one could upgrade a ship to make it more powerful.

But fine. I won't argue with the expert on the subject.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 pm

ElladanKenet
stellarmagic

I was under the impression one could upgrade a ship to make it more powerful.

But fine. I won't argue with the expert on the subject.

There are "Upgrades" and "modifications".

Upgrading a ship means it is attempting to use more modern sysems, making it less likely to fail due to mechanical ineptitude.

Modificaitons to a ship can make it more powerful, or weaker, as it means adding, subtracting, or altering components outside of the normal specifications to gain a desired result that does not have to directly correlate with technological advancement.

All upgrades are mods; not all mods are upgrades. And modification is not normally done on a larger ship due to the fact they really don't need it.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:31 pm

There's a limit to how much you can upgrade a vessel, at some point the hull design and power systems simply can't be brought up to date anymore.

Plus you can't completely change the composite construction of the hull, the amount of G-load the ship can handle before tearing apart, or the amount of internal space available to ship systems and crew.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:33 pm

And noone mentioned this way back when...

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:34 pm

ElladanKenet

Its common knowledge. You can use an ancient vessel, but you're doing it out of choice.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Nelowulf
ElladanKenet

Its common knowledge. You can use an ancient vessel, but you're doing it out of choice.
Still, was it not obvious I had no clue of this? Trying to go head to head against Borill, if I had known this, why the hell would I have used Acclamantors?

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:37 pm

ElladanKenet
Nelowulf
ElladanKenet

Still, was it not obvious I had no clue of this? Trying to go head to head against Borill, if I had known this, why the hell would I have used Acclamantors?

Because you really like those antiques. What? You think that I haven't done the same thing?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Nelowulf
ElladanKenet
Nelowulf
ElladanKenet

Because you really like those antiques. What? You think that I haven't done the same thing?
Actually, I would've guessed you wouldn't make that choice.

Guess I was wrong.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:41 pm

the Kapella, a courier-class vessel, used by Master Arca.

I used one in the GCW.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:43 pm

Oh well. I don't feel so bad anymore.

Hey Nelo, mind going do the entry for the Falleen?

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Old ships are great... until new ships chase you down in a battle. cool
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games