Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Introduce Yourselves - Vol. II Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's so nice to meet you:
  introduce myself
  i like my privacy
View Results

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 am
Sanguina Cruenta

That's a shame! My understanding is that you're technically Wiccan, in that once you are you always will be, but your practice itself can't be Wiccan just because of the way you need other coven members for the rituals. After all Wicca's not about beliefs but about practice. Also as far as I know if you join another coven, even if it's within the same tradition, you will have to start over from scratch.

I think it depends- it's possible to be with a coven for years as a dedicant and not become Wiccan.

Dead Poet- Did you obtain a vouch for the coven you were with and what degree were you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am
NAME: Elizabeth
ABOUT ME: I just recently graduated from the University of Louisville with my Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychology. I also did two minors in Medieval Studies and English with a concentration in Literature. I live with my boyfriend who is a boxing coach. In fact, that's how we met. He was teaching me to box and the rest is sort of history.

I love to read, that was probably obvious by my minor. Aside from spending vast amounts of free time on the computer, I read. A lot. Anyway, I also help take care of my mom who has Stage IV kidney cancer. I like to knit and do paper crafts. I also enjoy listening to music and writing (which I don't do as much as I used to).

PETS: At my parents house I have three cats (Bandit, Misty, and Shadow) and a Boxer (Buster). At my boyfriend's house, we have a cat named Mischief and a tarantula.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I enjoy reading, listening to music, knitting, and doing paper crafts. I'm interested in faeries, old cemeteries, vampires, Day of the Dead, vintage pin-ups, anime, manga, astronomy, psychology, philosophy, world cultures, world religions, astrology, tarot cards, Elegant Gothic Lolita, and more.
CURRENT PATH: I am looking for the path that is right for me.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I have been studying since I was about 13.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:  

NekrotikKannibal

pixiefyrefly

3,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 pm
NAME: PixieFyreFly
ABOUT ME: i have a m4 month old daughter and im studying to be a medical assistant
PETS: none sad
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, studying, listening to music, playing gaiaonline
CURRENT PATH: eclectic paganism
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: about 8 years give or take 1
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:I'm new to gaia and would really like to make friends here, so add me and lets play smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 pm
NAME: Raney
ABOUT ME: I am currently a freshman at an all girls college here in South Carolina. I am an English major, in the Writing for Print and Digital Media Department at my school, hoping to one day publish and become an author.
PETS: I have one dog named Liz, due to my dog Tanner dying my Senior year of high school of Kidney Disease and I have four cats.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to read, write, play video games, watch TV, and come onto the internet.
CURRENT PATH: Unknown, because I don't know what direction I am heading just yet.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I have been interested for quite awhile. I have tried studying some a couple of times, but for whatever reason, I then stop looking (don't know why though). I've always been fascinated in this type of stuff though, since I was little.  

Loony Lovegood64

the german canadian

Generous Browser

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 am

NAME: Joey or lil Joey as my current living family calls me since I'm the youngest.
LOCATION: Hm.. normally it's Jefferson City, Missouri.. though occasionally we locate in St Louis or Columbia Missouri for a few days..
ABOUT ME: I see myself as a very weird person yet I'm open about almost anything. The people I live with are those I met when I did graffiti and such though shortly after we moved in together we got lazy and stopped the painting and then the price of paint went up. I am a city boy, very simple and easy going. I love meeting new people and making friends. Currently a college student and I have a kitty cat. Honestly I'm very fond of the drink but it's more of a love for the art ..and might actually take up bartending.
PETS: I have kitty cat that has many names..
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: skateboarding, painting, expressing myself, cooking, reading, sharing my views and beliefs on multiple topics
CURRENT PATH:Wicca- Gardnerian
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Hm.. at least 8 years..
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: random facts: I'm am a gentleman, tend to act very feminine most of the time. I tend to have insomnia at times.. like now.. oh and i favor the colors black, purple, and maroon ..and maybe a sea like light green..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:02 am
colored skies

CURRENT PATH: Wicca

What tradition were you initiated into?

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Bunny Hermione

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:48 am
NAME: Emily or Bunny, I answer to either.
LOCATION: Washington State (at the particular moment I'm in Germany, till this August)
ABOUT ME: Well, I'm a history and German double major, I'm learning Russian as my next language (just need the time to start). I particularly focus on eastern Europe and Russia for history. My college is a private Christian one, so I don't have any opportunities to practice while I'm in college, and at home my parents have strictly said absolutely no ritual or practicing in their house. So I do lots of research.

I've been a vegetarian for 9 years now, and I've recently discovered I'm slightly lactose-intolerant, so I'm having to re-learn my whole diet again to cut out most dairy. Which I have to say, after 9 years, it's tough finding all new foods, especially in a foreign country.

Random stuff: In any case, I'm a geek. I was a sci-fi fan, fantasy, magic...well and the band geek as well. Clarinet is my instrument and I play mainly Bb soprano and bass, but Bb contrabass is fun too. I collect Russian items, especially Lomonosov figurines.

PETS: My cat Rose
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, crocheting, snowboarding, Green Bay Packers (as an interest obviously), writing stories, listening to music...studying history and languages, and learning about mythology and witchcraft
CURRENT PATH: Eclectic pagan
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Well, interested in magic and witchcraft since I was 7, but actually learning and reading and the like, almost 9 years now
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: My whole family thinks I'm on a 'phase' that I'll get out of. Most of my friends have no clue I'm pagan. Not that I'm closeted about it, I just don't bring up religion if it isn't the topic of conversation. I collect crystals.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 am
Calelith
colored skies

I am so sorry, I knew I forgot something. I was initiated into the Gardnerian tradition. I'll fix it on my post,again I apologize.  

the german canadian

Generous Browser

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 am
colored skies
Calelith
colored skies

I am so sorry, I knew I forgot something. I was initiated into the Gardnerian tradition. I'll fix it on my post,again I apologize.

...How can you have been studying for 8 years if you're only 22 and then claim to be a Gardnerian Wiccan?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 am
Calelith
colored skies
Calelith
colored skies

...How can you have been studying for 8 years if you're only 22 and then claim to be a Gardnerian Wiccan?

I didn't infer he'd been studying Gardnerian Wicca for eight years. I thought he meant he had been studying witchcraft and/or Paganism for eight years.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Calelith
colored skies
Calelith
colored skies

I didn't infer he'd been studying Gardnerian Wicca for eight years. I thought he meant he had been studying witchcraft and/or Paganism for eight years.

Possibly, but had to ask either way just to be sure
-shrugs-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 am
colored skies

NAME: Joey or lil Joey as my current living family calls me since I'm the youngest.
LOCATION: Hm.. normally it's Jefferson City, Missouri.. though occasionally we locate in St Louis or Columbia Missouri for a few days..
ABOUT ME: I see myself as a very weird person yet I'm open about almost anything. The people I live with are those I met when I did graffiti and such though shortly after we moved in together we got lazy and stopped the painting and then the price of paint went up. I am a city boy, very simple and easy going. I love meeting new people and making friends. Currently a college student and I have a kitty cat. Honestly I'm very fond of the drink but it's more of a love for the art ..and might actually take up bartending.
PETS: I have kitty cat that has many names..
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: skateboarding, painting, expressing myself, cooking, reading, sharing my views and beliefs on multiple topics
CURRENT PATH:Wicca- Gardnerian
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Hm.. at least 8 years..
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: random facts: I'm am a gentleman, tend to act very feminine most of the time. I tend to have insomnia at times.. like now.. oh and i favor the colors black, purple, and maroon ..and maybe a sea like light green..
Nice to meet you Joey!  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 pm
Bright Blessings everyone smile
I just started this guild.

NAME: Phillip
ABOUT ME: I'm a 19 year old gay Pagan; pretty unique person, I guess. Love meeting new people and making friends! I speak 6 languages.
PETS: 3 dogs, 1 kitten, 3 ducks, 6 chickens! Used to have goats, but not anymore >.<
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Acting, writing, drawing, dancing, singing, performing, learning, meeting new people, making friends, traveling, adventures. FUN!
CURRENT PATH: Pagan
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I've been Pagan for 4 years now. Interested since I was about 8!
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: Not really, heh razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm
NAME: Samantha
ABOUT ME: I'll be general because I get wordy. I'm silly, try to be funny, going into Elementary teaching, pretty open ( for more my profile has a huge detailed list!)
PETS:
My house: 2 dogs
Grandma's house: 4 dogs
Past: dogs, cats, birds, and a ferret
Future: Pigs
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Math, school, reading, learning about my path, being outside, gaia, organizing.
CURRENT PATH: Eclectic Solitary Pagan
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: interested 5 years and officially studying for 2 years
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I can be a bit odd/off sometimes and maybe a bit hard to understand. If you need me to clarify anything, let me know!  

PigTeacher

XX-Jess-Kun-XX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:51 pm
NAME: Jesse
ABOUT ME: Just ask please cause i dont to put a big Paragraph
PETS: 2 boxers Faith and Max
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Art , Anime
CURRENT PATH: Wiccan
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: For Year i started in June 21, 2010

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games