Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:06 pm
Perhaps ownership as of now would be a good thing to look at:

Federation controls (out of the list):
Kuat
Fondor
Geonosis
Bilbringi

NR controls:
Mon Calimairi
Tyferra
Balmora
Sullust

Neutral:
Kamino
Khomm
Ithor
Mustafar

Bespin is under NR control, somewhat. What happens is that it has no alliance to a government. Their products go to companies, of which many do provide for both sides. Its like a guild. But black market smugglers exist.

Telti is a planet devoted to droid factories. Its remote, but it churns out a good pace. Its completely automated. Its most famous product is the "red terror" gladiator droids or something. Not a bad place for a factory.

Another place to mention is Manoon, with their healing gas bubbles. But eh...

Though, if you shoudl think about something. If you want to take over the galaxy, your force powers should be up to snuff... if nothing else, there's pesky jedi to worry about... Not to mention, a sith apprentice always wants to kill his master, and Drako ain't a weakling.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:50 pm
Okay, so if he takes Bespin, and can keep it under control, it's a huge advantage to him and a blow to the enemy, but it's going to be tricky (either the conquest or the policing and defense) and if he can't, it'll be crippling to his side (since they will probably blacklist his side)...
Hah, Bespin is like Arrakis. "The Gas, must flow.". Maybe Chidee wants Mentat training. xd

Telti sounds good. I take it Telti is neutral?
Mustafar is another good one that happens to be neutral.

The Federation seems to have the momentum in the war, so he might want to hit them, to keep them from getting a fast victory over the Republic and then turn, relatively strong, onto him, and Drako is probably more focused on them on at any rate, so good targets might be...
Genosis, for the droid factories and resources.
Kuat and Fondor for the shipyards.
Bilbringi...eh, espionnage and sabotage can do about as much work for him as a conquest.

The Republic is reeling, so he might want to preserve them (for now) to use against the Federation. He's not going to help them so much as he's going to raid them less.
Mon Calimari's shipyards are trashed, right?
Tyferra might be a good target.
Balmora and Bilbringi seem to be two of a kind.
And Sullust, well, it's another shipyard.

So, it seems...
-Bespin (neutralish)
-Mustafar (neutral)
-Geonosis (FSL)
-Kuat (FSL)
-Fondor (FSL)
-Tyferra (NR)
-Sullust (NR)
...are, in rough order, the top seven. I think that'd he'd only have the armies to attack, what, two or three of them? And holding them is probably going to be hard.

How are they positioned?

As for slaying the Master, tragic shuttle accidents, poison gas, kohuns, food poisoning, orbital bombardment, and more all work.
But self-improvement is almost always handy, and as you said, pesky Jedi.  

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:00 pm
The problem with Bespin is that if you do happen to somehow take it, you'll be the target of both the NR and the FSL. And something tells me they wouldn't mind taking out a new enemy. Like I said, Bespin is a very volitile planet, and be careful in its conquest. In my opinion, taking what could be the second most influential planet in the galaxy is much harder than taking Coruscant. You can ******** up with coruscant, jsut attack it again. But if you screw up bespin, you risk the entire galaxy's anger.

Geonosis is probably not a good planet to attack... It is the FSL headquarters... And Kuat and Fondor, though rivals, are Imperialists at heart, almost impossible to break them governmentally...

MC got damaged, and put about six months behind. Actually, relatively unscathed...

Telti produces many protocol and Astromechs for the Republic, actually. It is somewhat small, but its facilities are completely droid oriented. In fact, Brakiss was at one time the only human on the moon...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Okay, so you're saying that everyone acknowledges that in attacking Bespin, you're likely to blow up either the planet, or the facilities, and that would piss everyone off.

Geonosis is too heavily forified to take straight off, though it might be an interesting 'bold strike by a daring general' similar to the raid on Coruscant. Though, I have to note that Dooku, the suave, clever Sith Apprentice bit it during that raid. Chidee'll have to take steps to avoid a similar fate.

Okay, MC might be in the running.

Telti is an NR target, but the facilities are quite tempting, as I'm sure they can be refitted to produce either battledroids, or computer parts, droid piloting, and the like (for ships and vehicles).

As for Kuat and Fondor, that's what purges are for.

So, Mustafar (neutral) might be a place to conquer, as would MC (NR), Telti (NR), Tyferra (NR), and Sullust (NR). Kuat and Fondor would probably take to much time to fully conquer and control at this point.

Other than Bespin, it would seem at this point that the rest are targets for strikes to reduce the enemies' capabilities.

Conquering Mustafar might be a good, if conservative start. Telti, MC, Sullust, and Tyferra would also be good targets, though I should keep in mind that would weaken the Republic (and through that, strengthen the FSL).
Raiding the other planets might also take place, but that also makes it more likely for them to come after us (sad to say, but they seem to more or less ignore us militarily, which is handy, but humiliating sweatdrop ).

Umm...Might hit more than one, but Mustafar seems like a good first choice. Is it?  

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:31 pm
That's your decision. I'll inform you of the possible outcomes and consequences, as well as relative difficulty, but for the most part, you ultimately have to do the decision yourself.

Although, Drako might say for your training to go take over a planet, so who knows?

Just remember another thing: The NR is weakening, but not necessarily weak itself. Drako hates the NR, but he hates Imperius more. So while the NR is a threat, it would be the easier one to eliminate, though you probably would win drako's favor by destroying Impierus.

Its politics. As well as your own capabilitys.

You could try to strike an agreement with corporations on Skako. (the planet is too inhospitable for most lifeforms.) That's the hub of the once famous Techno-Union.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:40 pm
I'm guessing it's between Mustafar and Skako, if not both.

Conquering Mustafar looks like a good target, because it would greatly boost resources and production. Also, it's neutral, so it's and event that's more likely to be shuffled aside by the other two (it's seems my side is greatly lagging behind in military forces, so Chidee'd avoid open conflict with the big powers for now).

Skako sounds like another good target, as allies are always nice. What are they like now?
Oh, and it might be good training in force powers, and their subtle use; he can't just Force Perusade them straight out to sign a treaty, as it would be obvious and the treaty wouldn't stick (and it would probably piss them off), but subtle use (probably, like Chidee has unconsiously been doing during his business career) can gently push things in his favor.

What do you say about these two goals?

The thing is, I want to keep the two sides relatively balanced and occupied with each other. That way, when one finally wins, it will be weakened by the long(er) years of war with the other side. If one side wins straight off, they'll turn their fairly fresh forces onto me, because I'm the biggest threat (and if they don't, that's just humiliating).  

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:46 pm
Not my concern. Not to mention, you'll only have one more episode to make your final mark. I wouldn't be concerned about too much on the idea of "fighting the weakened winner", because once the one side wins, the game is over.

Though we could make sequels. Ugh... Not under the COTGCW title though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm
Y'know, Heratic. you could always find alternate ways to strike at your enemies. have you considered hiring pirates?  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:19 pm
Ah, I see. I won't, but he will, so he might do so anyway. Or the Force could just rush him into the fight ("Stop playing with my destiny!").

Hey, what are we doing after CotGCW? Chronicles of the Yuzvhan Vong War (CotYVW)?

Pirates? Yeah, that might also work. But they're also untrustworthy and unreliable, and I'd need a pretty significant number of pirates to make a big effect. Still, it's worth looking into.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:23 pm
Money makes people pretty loyal. offer up Letters of Marque and offer cash rewards for organic officers of your rivals. Not only will you seriously irritate your foes because they;re not getting the material they need, you will be able to distract their forces from your efforts. You have the cash to be able to pull this off I assume, you being neimodian and all.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:26 pm
Actually, I had an idea for a war.

But this would fit right into actual continituity. The catch is, most/all of us would be playing actual characters, mainly Luke, Mara, Leia, Han, Boba Fett, Jaina, Jacen and Ben. Plus two Sith characters: Lumiya and her apprentice.

And, it's Clone Wars v 2.0.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:26 pm
nifty.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 pm
Okay, Chidee might want to take it a bit slower and more cautious, taking Mustafar and building up support while the other two hammer away at each other, there's not much time left in the RP and I'll probably want to be pushing along faster and more boldly (unless we want the ending to be somewhat inconclusive). So, I might take Mustafar quickly (neutral, so it can't have much in the way of massive, multi-system backing), broker a treaty or two, and then move on to something closer to the RP? And of course, there will be attacks and conquests 'off-camera', so to speak.

And as for pirates, he'll probably keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:35 pm
Actually, I kinda would like to turn my idea into an RP, the catch is that it's tricky. First of all we'd need five key players playing females.

Alianna, Angel and Celestia only make three.

Then we need people we can trust not to godmode their Jedi powers to be luke, Jacen, and Ben. Then people will argue about being Han and Boba.

But I know that only people I can trust can be the main characters. Everyone else can be originals.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:38 pm
psst. Imperious. there are two shards on Coruscant.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games