Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 am
User Image

( Pureblood ๏ฟญ Fourth Year Hufflepuff ๏ฟญ Chaser ) โ†ซxx

๐…๐ž๐š๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐, ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ
                                                        ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž '๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐š๐๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ
                                                        ๐‹๐ข๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž
                                                        ๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ, ๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ
                                                        ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ณ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
                                                        ๐ƒ๐จ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐œ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ง๐จ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
                                                        ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ž๐ฑ๐œ๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ– โ˜ฟ โ™ซ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

Lucien arrived just in time for the Dueling club, wearing his favorite rusty-colored letterman jacket to boot. That being said, he cannot wait (sarcastically so) for Mina to tell him that he looked like he was straight from the 1980s. Which was whatever, since she was just trying to provoke him again. Mina always had a knack of provoking people out of curiosity, likely to make other kids cry.

Setting cousin horror aside, Lucien didn't really hide the fact that he was proud of his fr-... well, Faina's promotion as dueling captain. He wasn't sure if it fits to call her just a friend, but he'll worry about that later. Besides, he cannot do that now since she was in-charge here. Lucien smiled at Faina, Katya, and Gabby, giving them a friendly salute before filling up the form. "Hi guys. Any clue about what plans the new captain will have?" He asked, then he spotted Mera, who was a fellow reserve seeker from the Quidditch team. "Oh, hi Mera. You're here, what makes you join-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Mera sharply turned away from him and quietly walked away with clenched fists. She clearly didn't want to talk to him, leaving Lucien confused about what he had done to provoke Mera. Until something dawned to him: the news about what happened over the summer with Mera Mortemer's family. He still didn't know what specifically made her cold right now but well, Lucien was beginning to have some ideas. He needed to tell an adult about this.

Lucien Markov of House Hufflepuff

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

๐‹๐š๐ฒ ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ
                                                        ๐€๐ง๐ ๐›๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž
                                                        ๐“๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฒ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐, ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฒ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐š๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ
                                                        ๐“๐จ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ
                                                        ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ณ๐ž
                                                        ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž
                                                        '๐‚๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ 

User Image

xxxoฯ…ั‚ oา“ cะฝฮฑrฮฑcั‚erxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
                                                        wะฝeษด - SY 2041-42 โ†ซxx
                                                        wะฝere - Courtyard โ†ซxxxx
                                                        wฮนั‚ะฝ - Dueling Club
                                                        โ†ซxxxxxx

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm
I got those jet pack blues
Just like Judy
The kind that makes June feel like September
I'm the last one that you'll ever remember

User Image
DANIEL
JAMES
SHEPARD

fourth year โ”‚ halfblood โ”‚ gryffindor

DJ shuffled into dueling club, looking as scruffy as usual, laces untied and all. He yawned and ran a hand through his hair, taking in the scenery. He couldn't say he was thrilled that Faina Patrov-whatever was the new captain, especially since he'd sort of had a crush on Kim, but he didn't know her well enough to seriously hate her either. She just seemed... like the quintessential prefect. A position DJ doubted he would be getting next year. Then again, Desi wasn't likely to get it either, which cheered him up a bit. Knowing Zach, he'd be the one with the shiny badge, being somewhat more responsible than either of them.

Mera Mortemer, a sallow second year who looked affronted even on a good day, was in especially bad mood about something, and Lucien Markov looked like a kicked puppy because of it. "Probably not let us kill each other," he muttered in response to the younger boy's question, since he felt a bit bad for him. He knew what it was like to be given the cold shoulder for no good reason, since he wouldn't exactly describe either of his parents as 'warm' or 'cuddly'. At this point, he avoided them as much as they avoided him.

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

And I'm trying to find that peace of mind
Behind these two white highway lines
When the city goes silent
The ringing in my ears gets violent

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin Prefect โ”‚ Fifth Year โ”‚ Fifteen Years Old โ”‚ Single
Dueling Club Captain

The new Dueling Club Captain started breathing a bit easier as folks started arriving for her inaugural meeting. She would have been mortified had things gone completely bust. When gabby asked her about Katya participating or not, she glanced over toward her younger sibling briefly before answering, "Wellll, I've been working on convincing her to join, but...."

Katya then spoke up, and added sheepishly, "I'm not comfortable with the idea of shooting spells at other people." It didn't help that most of the members she saw last year were much older than she, and Katya found them with all their experience to be pretty intimidating. She realized now that the tricks she'd seen her sister practice with her wand which she'd tried emulating were specifically used for dueling. Seeing Mera make an appearance gave the little Second Year a boost, though. 'Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there was someone to practice with the same skill level as I,' she thought.

Faina was a little surprised by Mera's tone, so far as she was concerned, nobody had any reason to justify their actions to her. "Absolutely," she said, agreeing with Mera's reasoning. "I've been coming here over the years to practice for Madam Cohen's class, and Professor Denier's Wandless Class. This year, I'm needing the extra practice for OWLs." She didn't mention the idea of training up in case she needed it in a real situation, she had no reason to justify herself to others either.

Seeing her friend (and while Katya referred to them as a couple, along with the sort of teasing which only a little sister was capable of delivering, Faina wasn't so sure either of them were quite ready for that label. With that thought was also the certainty she was glad she'd been able to pour her heart out to him before coming up to the castle.) arrive and fill out a form, Faina leaned in close enough to discreetly whisper a grateful 'thank you' to him. She also thought he looked so sharp in that letterman jacket. Faina was a bit surprised when Mera abruptly turned away from Lucien.

Katya was also surprised, so when she finished filling out the form, she went over to stand with her friend, hoping Mera might be of a mind to confide in her.

Katya Patrovna of House Hufflepuff

Faina was pleased to see her sister sign up, as they'd agreed to sign up for each other's clubs, including the Cooking Club if Katya's Housemate ever managed to get it sanctioned by the school's faculty. With a smile, she said, "Actually, I do have plans. To help the younger students, and those wanting to work on their Wandless techniques, I've been setting targets up to help with confidence and aim, for starters." Whether she knew it or not, she shared many of the opinions and attitudes of her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. "I've also been trying to work out focusing exercises to help members work on their Wandless dueling technique. If anyone else has ideas, I'm open to what they might have to offer."

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:13 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin Prefect โ”‚ Sixth Year โ”‚ Sixteen Years Old โ”‚ Single
Dueling Club Captain

Faina was in a good mood as she arrived in the courtyard to start this term's incarnation of the Dueling Club, withe her younger sister walking along with her. Her first go-around was a bit of a learning experience for her, and she hoped to carry the lessons learned into this term. She'd put flyers up around the school, and arranged for them to be posted in the other Houses' Common Rooms. As before, she wanted First Year students to know that while they wouldn't be allowed to participate they were certainly welcome to watch the proceedings and pick up some useful pointers. She also liked the idea of using the club to give members the chance to practice their Wandless Magic technique along with Dueling and having fun. Faina also knew she needed to find a Deputy whom would carry on the club after her graduation.

The Sixth Year set up a small table with a cup filled withe self-inking quills and a stack of forms.

(CHARACTER'S NAME) of House (CHARACTER'S HOUSE)

She took one of the quills and held it out for her sister to take. "All right, Kotenok, you go first." Katya gave her sister a soft sigh, and she looked up at her with her large blue eyes before starting to fill out one of the forms.

"Thank you, Kitten," Faina said, as she started placing a series of targets around the edge of the courtyard. She knew her younger sibling didn't really like doing this stuff, but they'd agreed long ago to sign up for their clubs together, and while Katya was uncomfortable being in the Dueling Club, Faina wasn't so sure she could make it through the term in a Cooking Club without inadvertently burning the school down or putting her fellow club-members in the Hospital Wing with food-poisoning. Once she finished setting things up, she glanced around, and said, "Guess we'll see how many show up, eh?"

OOC:
Username

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:49 pm
User Image
User Image
Will you ๐“ˆ ๐“‰ ๐’ถ ๐“Ž by my side
Will you
๐•ก๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ž๐•š๐•ค๐•– me
If I let go of your hand, youโ€™ll fly away and สžษวษนq
Iโ€™m ๏ฝ“๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ„
, scared, ั•ยขฮฑัั”โˆ‚ of that

Varus had heard of the dueling club before. It sounded dangerous, of course, with students going against each other at the courtyard. He had been indecisive about checking it out, promising himself to join at least one club during his second year to be more... active. Besides, since he was hoping to be a healer in the future, it would be better to be knowledgeable about dueling spells. This club can also be the start of knowing self-defense. Not that something would happen to him in the future (hopefully), but just to know. It was never a bad decision to be prepared.

The brunette walked over across the courtyard, seeing a pair of unfamiliar students. Cooping in the common room and in the library when he didn't have classes never gave him the chance to meet people. (But he didn't mind. He wouldn't be able to talk to them, anyway.) He hoped they were club members. He had imagined how this would happenโ€”joining a clubโ€”several times a day ever since he stepped back into Hogwarts. His habits led to very problematic endings. "Good day," he greeted with a dip of his head. He walked towards the table in a very stiff way, almost looking like a machine that had just survived near destruction.

Varus Heathcliff of House Ravenclaw

His palms were ridiculously sweaty, and Varus wished it didn't show on the paper. He blinked to himself, still weighing the decision of joining. Merlin's beard, he hoped nothing bad will happen. Was this a chance to start small conversations? Maybe he could mention the skies. But that didn't seem interesting enough. Maybe their classes? But they looked older than him, so there was a chance he wouldn't be able to relate. He continued to ponder on what to say.

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต you stop ๏ฝ”๏ฝ‰๏ฝ๏ฝ…
                                        if this แดแดแดแด‡ษดแด› passes
                                        ร„ยง โ€ hรฐยตgh it hadn't โ†’ ฮ‰ฮ›PPฮฃะŸฮฃD
                                        Iโ€™m
                                        ๏ฝ“๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ„, scared, ั•ยขฮฑัั”โˆ‚ I'll lose you

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:09 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin Prefect โ”‚ Seventh Year โ”‚ Seventeen Years Old โ”‚ Single
Dueling Club Captain

Faina couldn't help but smile a bit wistfully as she walked out to the courtyard where she'd start her last year as Captain of the Dueling Club. She knew she'd miss seeing her friends and having fun with them while taking turns trading shots with each other and having a few laughs along the way. Now she was getting ready to graduate, she needed to find a successor to pass the club and its institutional memory along to. While Katya was following along with her, she knew her younger sister had no interest in running the club, and the only reason why she came along was because they'd agreed years ago they would join each others' clubs, if only so they wouldn't be going there by themselves.

As per usual, she posted flyers about the school, arranged for them to be posted in the Common Rooms of the other Houses, and made a point of offering an invitation to Madam Cohen to participate if she so wished. Also, as was her custom, she made sure to let it be known that while First Years couldn't participate, they were welcome to watch and pick up some useful tidbits. 'Maybe even something that might save their life someday,' she thought to herself.

Floating along with them was a small table, bearing forms and cup filled with self-inking quills, as well as a pot of hot cocoa and plate of brownies she'd asked the House Elves to make for the occasion.

(CHARACTER'S NAME) of House (CHARACTER'S HOUSE)

Faina set the table down on the cobblestones, and said, "And now, we wait." Katya nodded and replied, "And now, we wait." Faina offered a form and a quill to her little sister, and added, "You're up first, Kotenok."

Katya gave her sister a look which told her she was doing this under protest, as it wasn't so much pressure from Faina as it was pressure from their mother she was yielding to. After the attack on the house last Christmas, it was discussed Katya would be taking Defense Against Dark Arts up through NEWTs, without arguments, and stick with the club to get in extra practice, even if only to work on blocking spells.

Feeling as though she were signing her name to a pact in blood, Katya filled out the form and passed it back to her sister. Faina smiled, and said, "Thanks. I know you don't like this stuff, Kitten, but you need the practice. Besides, day's coming when I won't be around so much to fight your battles, and next time around it might be just you who has to protect Mother." Katya didn't like thinking about that awful night, and her face blanched at the possibility of a repeat of it. "Just so you keep your promise about joining Cooking Club," repeated Katya. Faina nodded, and commented, "Guess we'll see if you're brave enough to try my cooking." Katya laughed, and countered, "Guess we'll see how many show up for this today too."

OOC: Madam Cohen was invited to come.
The Forgotten Weasley

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 pm
User Image

โ™ชโ™ซ
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

second year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve seeker || Dueling Club

Directly after Herbology that afternoon, Sonora bid her best friends farewell and headed down for the Clocktower Courtyard. Alex had brought up the idea last year, and while she'd mistakenly thought that first years simply weren't allowed, she was eager to try her hand at actually using some of the magic they learned in class. Vespera had plenty of practice pranking Jonah, and Jonah had practice defending himself, but Sonora felt like she didn't get to really use magic outside of class or studying--that simply wouldn't do.

She made it out early thanks to leaving a full block in advance, and hung out in a corner figuring out what homework she had before noticing a couple students with a desk. She tucked Astronomy homework away and headed over, giddy with excitement.

"Hello!" she greeted, setting her bag down under the table and reached for the form.

Sonora Li-- of House Ravenclaw

Also edited a bit >.<" Hopefully that's okay

โ€--"

I am built with paper, made to soar in the sky.
I am always looking for an adventure.
It does not matter where the breeze will carry me.
I shall glide on along to see what there's to be.
โ™ซโ™ช
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC.NOTT _____._
Hufflepuff, Fourth Year ___
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
__

Edric slunk into the courtyard, the bubble of shame rising in his belly. It was almost like he was cheating, being here. But as much fun as he had with the Drama Club, he wanted something a little less intense to join and the Dueling Club seemed to fit that bill. It was fun and only demanded effort during club meetings, and no extra work, like learning a script, costume design or set-making. He was determined to turn his life around and decided the best place to start that was right here. Edric needed to learn how to defend himself, and he was going to need the best scores possible if he had any hopes of joining the aurors.

So far in attendance were a pair of girls' he recognized as the Russian sisters', as well as a Ravenclaw that he had to guess was only a second year. As the younger one chatted, he turned to the table and penned his name in practiced cursive before shifting his attention to the girls'. โ€'Allo Katya.โ€ He greeted his fellow house mate. โ€I 'ope there's a right good turn out this year chinas,โ€ he said with a nod of acknowledgment, arms crossed over behind his head for support. He didn't know what else to say seeing as this was his first ever year for joining, he had no idea how things were done around here.

Edric Nott of House Hufflepuff

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
ใ€WHEN:: First Meeting ใ€‘
ใ€WHERE:: Clocktower Courtyard ใ€‘
ใ€WITH WHO:: Dueling Club โ€“ Katya, Faina, Sonora ใ€‘
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Graydon Ironshield]"[/quote][quote="addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC.NOTT _____._
Fifth Year, Hufflepuffxxxx.
Dueling Club Captain xxxx

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• __

Red and yellow leaves scattered across the courtyard, jumping up in swirls when a crisp gust of wind kicked up. Edric transfigured a rock into a desk to settle a pile of sign-in sheets and a heavy self-inking quill to weigh the papers down. Edric didn't belong here, even the birds were laughing at him. He didn't know what he was doing or how he was going to run this club. Last year had been his first year in the club and there were only three members: himself, the previous captain, Faina, and a second year, Sonora. But how could he say no to Faina when she asked? What choice did he have?

Edric set out the training dummies by hand. The manual work kept his mind off the impending meeting. He had procrastinated all summer long and the regret beaded up into sweat. But with any luck, he thought in an effort to distract himself, a few of the members might be girls'โ€”pretty girls'โ€”close in age that he can talk to and tease. Or maybe even just someone willing to help.

[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
ใ€WHEN:: Dueling Club: First Meeting, 2044 ใ€‘
ใ€WITH WHO:: Club Members ใ€‘
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm
User Image

โ™ชโ™ซ
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club

Sonora headed downstairs after a long day of classes. She had half a mind not to even go to Dueling club today--surely she could start getting her butt kicked after she'd gotten used to her schedule. But it was a wonderful fall afternoon and she had been excited to try a few strategies anyways. So after hanging out and for half an hour after Healing, she reluctantly bid Jonah and Vespera farewell until that evening and headed down to the courtyard.

"Good afternoon Edric!" she greeted, setting her bag down and filling out a form before moving over to help set up the training dummies. "I started looking over spells over the summer," she brought up offhandedly. Last year she had gotten tired of failing at every duel and had thought of different ways to practice dodging or just practicing how to use a particular spell in as many situations as possible.As she looked over her textbooks that year she had started making notes about how she might be able to use it in a duel. She had come up with a few other ideas over the summer but was unfortunately unable to practice them. This year though, she was definitely going to beat more than a training dummy! "I was wondering what you thought about dueling mid-air? And...there's a spell I was wondering if I could get your help practicing?"

Sonora Li of House Ravenclaw

Ezzy ze Ninja

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
โ™ซโ™ช

addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 am
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC.NOTT _____._

He was about halfway done setting up the third dummy when a rustle in the grass caught his attention. Edric looked up to find Sonora in the courtyard, filling out a form. โ€Hey Sonora,โ€ he said, breathing out a sigh of relief. At least this wouldn't turn into a one-man-army club. Yet.

When he checked back over his shoulder, she had already joined him by the training dummies. He tightened the top half on and was screwing the pole into the base when he stopped to turn a confused look on her. โ€Mid-air? Like, on a broom? ...Might be hard to aim?โ€ The thought had never dawned on him, but it was an interesting concept. โ€Or do you mean a quick levitation charm on your clothes? I dunno I guess it'd still be hard to aim either way.โ€ He decided with a conclusive nod. Even standing on your own two feet can be too hard for some. Especially in a proper duel.

Edric turned back to the task at hand checking the dummy for stability before wrestling it a few meters away. With four dummies ready to go, and Sonora's fifth almost ready, he figured that was probably more than they would need. Edric checked his watch, it was early. Early enough for him to take a seat on the ledge of the water fountain at the center of the courtyard and relax. He motioned for her to follow when she was finished. โ€So what sort'a spell are you talking about, china?โ€

[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

ใ€WITH WHO:: Sonora ใ€‘

[OOC: No, no link. Lol. I'm just trying to simplify things a bit.]

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Spendin' the money that we don't have
'Cause we don't care, no-oh!
Livin' like kings with broken strings
And face down to the floor.
User Image
User Image

Mฯ…ษ ษ ส…าฝแ‚ฆฯƒษพษณ ๐Ÿ”ฅ Gษพแƒงฯฯฮนษณิƒฯƒษพ Tิ‹ฮนษพิƒ Yาฝฮฑษพ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ฦœฮนฦ–ษ— ฦ‡ะฝฮนฦ–ษ—

Cassie had been wanting to join the dueling club since she'd first heard about it but circumstances had gotten in the way the previous two years. While she'd been disappointed in knowing she couldn't participate her first year, she at least had tried to come and watch but on multiple occasions she had gotten held back by mounds of homework (literal mounds) and had gotten held up doing that or she'd fail. Then there was music which was fun and she'd get so caught up in that she'd completely space out and forget. But not this year! She'd written it down and everything! And it seemed like she was even early! She recognized one of the girls from her classes, a Ravenclaw she thinks, and waved awkwardly at her before walking over to the older she was talking to about...dueling on brooms?! Wicked! "Tha' sounds like th' absolute cooles' thin' ever! Oh uh. Sorry." Cassie apologized hurrying to fill out her form. Her mum had always tried to tell her about her eavesdropping.

Cassidy Bolan of House Gryffindor

Livin' with our headphones up.
(Ooh, ooh)
We got sound and that's enough.
(Ooh, ooh)
Nobody can touch us,
And we run and we run and we run!

{Wearing: Shorts, t-shirt, sneakers} {Where: Courtyard} {With: Dueling Club} {Thoughts: Finally doing this!}
User Image  

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
Hufflepuff โ”‚ Fifth Year โ”‚ Fifteen Years Old โ”‚ Single
Art Club Captain

The crisp cool air felt good as Katya breathed it in while walking into the courtyard. It seemed a little odd to be here without Faina, as the Dueling Club had been hers for quite a while, but she'd gotten used to her absence and gotten over it. This was her time now; she wasn't six anymore, nor was she going to hide behind anyone. She was here, in part because her mother and sister insisted she keep up with it, partly because she knew she needed the practice for her impending OWL exams, and partly because she liked the camaraderie which came with this club.

She saw Edric talking with Sonora, both of them veteran club members, and chose not to interrupt them. Katya also noticed there was someone she really wasn't familiar with, a younger girl with bright red hair, and she smiled at the girl as she filled out the form to join up for another term:

She then noted down: I'm willing to help out if you wish it. K.

When she finished filling out the form, Katya started looking around to see if there were anything she could do to help Edric get things ready for the meeting to begin.

OOC: Open for Interaction
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:52 am
User Image

โ™ชโ™ซ
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

"Exactly like on a broom," Sonora replied, checking her dummy over. At mention of levitating clothes she was about to launch excitedly into the tale of one Jarleth Hobart who had tried exactly that, but thankfully another voice joined in. "Not at all, I thought it would be fun too," she welcomed the new member to join them, returning the wave with a bright smile. She was familiar, though Sonora couldn't quite remember where from. Classes? Another club? In any case, she paused to introduce herself quickly "I'm Sonora-- remind me your name? And welcome!"

She left the rest of the introductions and club greetings to Edric or Katya as she finished with the dummy and lined it up next to the others. She joined Edric on the edge of the fountain, welcoming the other two to join them as well.

When Edric asked what spell she was thinking about, Sonora explained: "Waddiwasi. It launches objects into the air," she said quickly. "I tried for a bit last night and could get my quill to fly around, but I was wondering if you knew if you had a suggestion for getting it to work on multiple objects at a time? Say, a small pile of rocks, or twigs? Then it could be used in dueling to batter an opponent. Or would it be better to practice making one object fly really fast, like a bludger?" She figured that Edric and Katya, being more experience in magic would have insight into how the spell could be more effectively used. This year, for sure, she would be able to duel properly, and what better spell to herald victories than mastering yet another spell that made things fly?
Ezzy ze Ninja

EmrysStorm

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
โ™ซโ™ช

addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:28 pm
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC.NOTT _____._

โ€That would be bloody fun. Maybe we can try it one day for the club?โ€ Edric grinned, excited at the idea of flying and dueling all in one. They could even turn it into a new game, or even a sport! Sonora was quick to remember her courtesies and introduced herself. Edric had been taught them too, once upon a time ago. The memories flashed in his mind like waves of colors. โ€I'm Edric,โ€ he added after Sonora, โ€And welcome to the dueling club.โ€ He nodded to the blond who had kept quiet all this time and said, โ€Good to have you back Katya.โ€

He sat a while longer as Sonora finished up with the last dummy and joined him by the fountain, she extended an invitation to the others before he had the chance. โ€Oh that's a great spell, loads of fun.โ€ He paused at her question though, humming. โ€When I first started, I had to use the spell one at a time; it just takes practice and concentration. Probably not what you wanted to hear, huh? And honestly, I would practice both. Could help in differing situations. Pelt a bloke with a pile of rocks to distract him. Or knock someone down and out with a single projectile. But I think it's probably time I started the club...โ€ He stood, ran his fingers through his hair and turned to face the three other members in attendance. You could hardly call this a study group than a club, but, at least it was more than just him.

โ€Alright, so... Welcome to the Dueling Club! I don't really know what I'm doing, so I hope you'll bear with me. I thought about having us go over a few spells as a review, or like a warm-up. But, since there's just four of us, and we're all evenly matched, how about we start with a duel instead? Me against Katya and Sonora against Cassidy? What do you think?โ€ He asked the lot of them.

ใ€WITH WHO:: Sonora ใ€‘

[OOC: ]

addaellis
EmrysStorm
Graydon Ironshield

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items