Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Essence de Soleil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:07 pm
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1304 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Since he had been working hard for two weeks straight, Ben was given the day off for three days. This was currently his second day off and he had been picked in the roulette of blind dates. Benjamin saw that as an opportunity to mingle with other people, something a bit outside his comfort zone apart from job. And besides, he had no other plans coming along. Essence de Soleil was chosen as the meeting place for him to meet with his blind date.

He had arrived there via a cab since the road would be too slippery for his bike. And as the blond was standing near one of the statues that was part of the current exhibition, he was approached by the man. The half-demon gazed at him from head to toe. Ruggedly handsome in some places, but with a hoodie coming along. May be his neighbor or from somewhere else, he wasn't sure. But it's worth trying to be approachable. He smiled as he gestured the other to come closer to him.

“I actually arrived five minutes earlier, so it's good,” the blond smiled and extended a hand for the handshaking part of the introduction. “I believe that you must be my blind date for the day. Name's Benjamin Harris. Bookstore employee. Ombre resident. Pleasure to meet you.” This would be Ben's first time meeting him, indeed. Being an employee at the bookstore helped as part of the experience of being friendly towards other people.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: good vibes mode
Company: everyone inside, talking to blind date for the date (Patrick)
Money: $100.00 (Wallet - after expenses); $1500.00 (Bank)
OOC: sweater as part of his blind date outfit

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:18 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

"Now I feel bad about overlooking him the first time around. I may be out of his league, but maybe I'm wrong about that too" thought Patrick after looking the other male over. Closed in the distance between them to three to four feet apart. "Whelp, better than being an hour late" he said looking on the bright side and returned the smile. He didn't recognized the gesture right away, but once he did a couple of seconds later he firmly shook his hand. "Yes, likewise. The name's Patrick Peterson. Part-time Saisons de Amour employee and co-online business owner. Same district" he introduced himself and let go of the other's hand. "A bookstore employee. I never would have guessed that was his occupation and it could explain why I haven't seen him before. Haven't gotten around to vising the bookstore" he thought to himself. "Since we're here. Want to...take a stroll around the museum?" he asked Benjamin.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: Friendly.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:23 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Being the neighbor living in the same district. Definitely convenient. After the handshake, he retreated his hand. “The casual stroll. Sounds fun since we are both neighbors,” he responded. Though there was another thing that piqued his curiosity. “What kind of online business, though?” Benjamin asked, though he didn't move until a few seconds later. What else should he look aside from that one statue? There were lots of statues visible for the exhibit, all made out of wood. The artist was a wood carver with the subjects being anything that the clients wanted. Maybe Patrick was also into that type of art style as a hobby or as his online business? He wasn't sure. Hence, the blind date was one chance to know his neighbor better.

“Had been working in the bookstore for like... months? I can't recall the exact moment but it was never boring. Perhaps your shifts at your workplace are similar?” he asked again. A lot of questions, especially the main topic for the blind date, but best to take a few at a time. His eyes were now at the statue that resembled a tribal mask. The design was mostly inspired by the Aztec Empire. He had read about that once before during one time he was in the library after one of his shifts.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Company: everyone inside, talking to blind date for the day (Patrick)
Money: $100.00 (Wallet - after expenses); $1500.00 (Bank)

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick mentally celebrated when his offer was accepted. "Quite the coincidence that most people I come across these past few months come from the same resident district as me. Nothing bad about that" he thought to himself. Walked alongside Benjamin at the other's pace while trying to look down so often because of the height difference. "Selling customized ceramics like pottery or statues. I personally handle the big projects" he answered. His business was originally tailored to be compatible with his element artistic skills when it comes to sculpting aside from financial support.
He nods, "Hmm, yes. Never know what kind of guests you might come across at a hotel" he answered. Glanced at the plaque for the mask because his center of attention is the person he is on a blind date with. "I wasn't really the outgoing and sociable type. The job was a challenge in of itself even when the interactions with people were brief" he said since it was relevant and honestly is what he mainly got from working in room service. "Do you have a favorite pastime or hobby?" he asked taking a turn in asking a question in getting to know Benjamin.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: As calm as he could be.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:13 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Finding out that Patrick's into pottery and statues as his online business sounded cool, considering that there may be people working from home. “Quite lovely. Perhaps, later, I should ask for your website and check out your works?” Benjamin said. He wouldn't buy right away, however, considering that he had other stuff to do or he had other expenses coming along. The fact that his date was not into social interaction that much and still going along with his work was good progress to say the least. “It's a good thing that you are working on it,” the blond smiled. The tribal mask was quite impressive, though at Patrick's next question, his fully diverted his attention to the brunet.

“I have meditation as one of them. Helps in keeping my calm composure. Ancient languages are another amazing discovery so I sometimes translate them. Plus, I can cook. But more importantly, I mostly have books as company. I do have a private library in my house,” he explained, though keeping the words as concise as possible, “Now, tell me yours, Patrick. Maybe we may end up having something in common?” Then someone accidentally bumped into his back and that person apologized. Benjamin spoke to the stranger, saying that it was okay before letting them go.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Money: $100.00 (Wallet); $1500.00 (Bank)

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:48 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Put Patrick at ease hearing the other's interest in his online business. "Sure, I will it write down when you do" he replied smiling softly. Photos of some of his work and his business partner's work are still on the site the last he checked a few days ago. He took pride in giving the customers exactly what they asked for in both jobs. "I really hope this goes well. Maybe if I do well enough a second date won't seem so impossible. Been so long since I last been on a date so its hard for me to gauge if I'm doing well or not" he thought then shook the thoughts away mentally trying not dwell on the uncertainty.
He was hanging on every word of the Benjamin's explanation to the question. He was impressed that the other could translate ancient languages. As for himself he struggles to keep his British accent from slipping in when emotions are high. He was going to answer the question, but he wanted to make sure that the other was okay out of concern first. "Are you okay?" he asked Benjamin after stranger was gone.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: Thoughtful.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

He appreciated the concern from Patrick himself. “I am all good. No need to worry. Used to being bumped most of the time during work,” Benjamin replied. The fact that the area where some excess stocks were stored was cramped at times, together with many customers and some employees being actively shifting to the point of having less recovery... Indeed, some of those days were rough but he pushed through with such professionalism. “So, where were we again? Oh, yes. Your favorite hobbies, Patrick,” he said, knowing that the conversation should continue on even with the slight mishap. This time, he shifted away from the path of moving people, almost close to the statue that he saw earlier.

Benjamin then shoved both his hands into his pants pocket, his posture relaxed as he waited for his date's response, eyes focused. Once the small introduction would be over, time to go with the main question for the blind date.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:49 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick felt relieved that his date is okay and took a moment in thinking over what he was going to say. He continued to follow along with Benjamin in staying out of the way of foot traffic. "I also cook too and I have done mediation in the past. Spending time with my kitten, Hiro. Explore new outdoor places, gardening, experimenting with my abilities, jogging and if I'm in the mood playing piano" he replied. He revealed his pet's existence and hinting that he does have abilities of his own. "Usually I avoid going into crowded places like this museum can be at times which is why I spend a lot of time outdoors during my free time. When I first to this city last autumn used to get so bad that I would get very nauseated and be stuck in the restroom for a long time. Holidays were the worst times so I stayed at home especially during events. Would have been the same in this situation with how the weather is that people are lingering around longer, but as long as I focus on something or someone I would be fine" he explained why a lot of his hobbies and pastimes are outdoors related. "Oh no, I slipped up and rambled about myself" he thought frowning and hoping he didn't make a big mistake in stopping fast enough about the personal stuff. Looks to the statue momentarily, "Sure is nice to appreciate other people's work every once in a while" he commented to no one in particular trying to get past his current thoughts..
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: Thoughtful.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:23 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The fact that Patrick has a pet cat as a companion was something remarkable. “My mom used to have cats as pets. The kittens were then adopted to other people some time after they become parents,” Benjamin explained. Too bad that the two cats died a long time ago after being his adoptive mom’s companions in the long run. Upon hearing that Patrick was having a rough time during the holidays, the half-demon frowned, his lips pursued slightly. “I’m sorry to hear about that,” he said, having nothing else to say on that matter. He wouldn’t force the brunet to be a bit more social during those events since that would be something that Patrick would work on his own. He nodded at the words about appreciating other people’s works.

“Now, onto the main question for our blind date. What is your favorite music genre? Appreciating someone else’s work also involves listening to the songs that they themselves created. You did mention about playing the piano, though there’s a chance that your taste may be something different.” There was one wooden statue that caught his eye, the one resembling the violin bent out of shape. “Let’s go to that spot next as you answer the question,” he said before sauntering forward, taking a casual glance at Patrick to make sure that the other would follow him.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:22 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick had brought Hiro from a pet store, but he wasn't going against adoption if he knew how that works. "Yeah and it also doesn't help its the friends and family holidays which I neither of in this city not counting Hiro" he complained in his thoughts. "Didn't start the progress alone I did have support in the past and Hiro also" he said smiling.
He was about to answer the music question, but stopped when the other male wanted to go to a different spot. He followed after him and thought the statue was fitting to the subject of the new question. "I don't have a favorite genre. As long as its not Christmas music or songs filled with sexual innuendos I'm fine with it. I had always want to try learning a different instrument, but I don't which would be suitable. You're most likely to come across a piano or acoustic guitar than any other instrument" he answered the question in a lengthy way and stopped before he could start rambling again. "So do you have favorite genre, Benjamin?" he asked rephrasing the question.
Took out his pocket sized journal with the small pencil attached to it from his back pocket and jotted down an new idea he wanted to share with Kenzie later. He put it away as soon as he stopped writing and his hearing was focused on the blonde's voice if he says anything.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: calm.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Hearing that Patrick didn't like Christmas songs was a shocking revelation, though Benjamin didn't react much. May be that Christmas itself was one holiday that the brunet would not enjoy? The blond, who was looking at the statue, chose not to ask why, at least for this blind date. “I won't mind the experimentation on the instruments. Maybe aside from the piano, you may find another instrument that fits well to your personality and playstyle,” Benjamin commented, happy to know about Patrick willing to possibly give a shot at something new if he would feel like it. Time would only tell on the actual results. Then, there was his turn on the main question. Benjamin faced him with a relaxed expression though there was a hint of sheepishness as well.

“To be fair, I'm having some difficulty to choose. But the ones that struck me the most are mostly classical and jazz music. My office actually has a collection of those CDs despite the fact that online streaming servers are available for convenience,” he replied. His entertainment system, although small, was still in working system even though he hadn't used them quite much. “Don't know when it all started, either. May be because of my parents being into that kind of stuff as well,” he added as he recalled the time he shared with his adoptive family. Better than his past with his dead biological mom and even an abusive biological uncle.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick nods slightly, "Yes, maybe someday" he said to the comment. "Saxophone is the first thing that comes to mind or maybe a harmonica" he thought to himself. The relaxed expression he had seen on the younger male made him feel all the more calm. "If possible in the future I would be allowed to borrow one or two of those CDs" he said to him. He wasn't the sort of person to use online streaming service he prefer live or radio or a physical of some kind. "My music tastes were based mostly on how it makes me feel since it influence the pace of my sculpting or any other crafts" he said of how he normally uses music in his every day life. "So classical and jazz. Any particular artist or band that stands out to you?" he asked giving a follow up question to the music subject based on Benjamin's response. "Zero 7 and Bob Acri comes to mind when it comes to jazz. As for classical would be Claude Debussy specifically for Claude de lune for the piano" he said his answer to the question.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: calm.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Allowing Patrick to borrow CDs may have to wait for another time, though his style in choosing what to play was based on his sculpting style and pace. The question about artists came about next. Benjamin was now contemplating on the answers, hence they came about after five seconds. ”Some are the jazz music classics, like Nat King Cole, John Coltraine and Ella Fitzgerald. And a few contemporary ones like Diana Krall, Norah Jones and Bobby Caldwell. Classical music favorites are from Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss and Haydn.” There may be more that Ben had to discover on his own, but that may wait till the blind date would be over.

“Although I am starting to get used to music with foreign languages as lyrics. Mostly indigenous all over the world,” Benjamin added. Part of his research involved appreciating the roots of the tribes that lived in most countries. Not to mention that the instruments were quite good, too. Speaking of which, a small crowd gathered to watch the unveiling of the artist’s latest creation, the mass covered in black cloth. Benjamin smiled at the sight, becoming curious. “That looks interesting, though best to wait till the others are gone. And come to think of it, shall we find something to eat later? That is, if you feel like being hungry,” the half-demon asked, wanting to make sure.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:37 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick didn't recognize any of the jazz and contemporary names Benjamin had mentioned. Although he knows of the classical ones because they usually come up in music related classes like music appreciation. "Fascinating" he summoned up his comment to one word based on how he was feeling at the moment and he meant it even though he wasn't clearly through facial expressions. "The English ones has helped me get used to hearing that language" he said while writing down the names in his pocket sized journal. Noticed the blond was smiling when he looked back to him then follows his graze. He thought it was best to wait too, but for personal reasons for himself. "Hmm, something light would be okay with me" he responded. He wasn't particularly hungry at the moment because he did snack a little before he left the house earlier. Hasn't come back to bite doing that since he hasn't been here more than couple of hours so far which was his general limit for a crowded place.
╚══════════════╝

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Benjamin nodded at the answer for Patrick’s choice on what to eat. ”Very well, but best to wait till later. There are some more statues worth looking into,” he said, ”Back to the topic. I also have a genre that I felt… mostly uninterested in. It was none other than hip-hop. I don’t know why exactly. Must be with my taste towards something mellower than fast-paced, maybe?” he said. Indeed, Ben just didn’t get what today’s hip hop music has become nowadays, but best not to comment further. The black cloth was pulled down, revealing the statue of the archangel Michael who conquered against Satan. A smile formed on his lips as the others applauded on the unveiled creation, but after he heard the clapping, he focused his attention on his blind date.

“There may be a few more angels aside from the newest one,” he said. The half-demon saw one that caught his eye, the statue of Gabriel together with the Virgin Mary during the Annunciation. The time that she would become the mother of the Messiah. He heard of such an event before because of his random book escapades in the library. “Maybe you have another angel statue that you wanna take a look so feel free to say it,” he added. Indeed, Ben had just become a bit too talkative that he would usually be, but it was to hopefully give Patrick a good time in the museum.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash