Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:12 pm
HI all, thanks first of all for accpeting me into the guild. I'm Genevieve, but call me Gen. I'm 20 and I live in South Australia, Australia.

I've been meaning to join this guild for a little while, but didn't really get around to it because I get distracted easily. I'm pro-choice (obviously) and liberal. My mum is a doctor and I suppose she helped form my ideals because she always answered my questions truthfully about things, and she's a pretty liberal person herself.

I joined because I believe we should have a choice as to what is done to our bodies, and we shouldn't let governments which are predominantly male, decide what to do with our bodies. I'm sick and tired of hearing 40+ year old male politicians saying what is good for women in my country when they are too old and have the wrong sex to know what is completely correct for women.

A women's body is just that, her body, and I am strongly against anyone telling someone what they should do with it. If people want to have sex, fine let them, that's their choice, just as it's someone's choice to eat healthily or to eat junk food. If someone winds up pregnant because of their choice, they shouldn't have a child forced on them as punishment.

Also, I am mostly a lurker, but I lately I have beens tarting to come out of my shell. Thanks again for accepting me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:21 pm
Hey, I'm new around here, just having made my first post in the forum a couple of minutes ago. I'm Amy. 21 and from the Southern United States, Georgia - Somewhere in the Bible belt. Surprisingly enough, I'm liberal.

I joined because my roommate is already a member, and told me about the guild. I'm pro-choice, despite how I was raised because I refuse to let myself be blinded by religious stigma. I've known too many people who have had to give up too much because of unwanted pregnancies. I've seen too many instances of what happens to unwanted children. Why put anyone through that when they don't have to, and shouldn't have to.  

goatchan

Liberal Browser

4,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Dressed Up 200

hfhhjdsjkdkjdas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:10 am
Hey, I've been at Gaia for ages, but only just joined this guild. Um, I'm 15, from NSW, Australia. I joined because I kept on seeing that damn banner, and finally gave in.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:40 am
Hi, I'm Naomi.
I'm 13 and am Pro-choice.
I live in Belgium, a land where abortion is perfectly legal and where they don't make any problem about it.
I still think that it's terrible to see how many women all over the world aren't allowed to do abortion for many reasons.
A woman needs the right to do whatever he wants with her body and that includes abortion!  

Flightning

MGadda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:48 am
Hi, I'm a new member, just another 20-something left-leaning college student who feels uppity, particularly in the regard to unwelcome fetal boarders.

More? I'm a fine art student from the delightful (ha) state of Kansas, USA. Kind of a lurker, I tend to go AWOL from Gaia from time to time, but I am always entertained when I do hang out here (particulalry when I ought to be working on finals rofl ) Completely pro-choice, and happily choosing to be childfree. And... I think provalone cheese is more delicious than swiss.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:22 pm
My name is Alena, and I'm seventeen years old. I'm pro-choice (obviously), agnostic, and strongly liberal-minded. While I myself do not want or will have any children, I respect that other women do and will. However, I want them to have those children because it's what they want. Not what the government decrees, not what the pro-lifers say they should do. Every child on this Earth ought to be born because it is wanted and will be loved and supported.

I know that this will never be the case, but with legalised abortion, we can cut down on the number of unwanted children by a great deal.

When pro-lifers say to me (and it's been said many times before), "What does your mother think? Aren't you glad she isn't pro-choice?" I just laugh and set them straight: my mom is immovably pro-choice, and she gave birth to my brother and I because she wanted us. My mother in now my best friend and the person I would trust even when I couldn't trust myself. Our relationship is incomparable.

An excellent article to hand to pro-lifers to read is Bluey the Body Rights Thingamabob teaches Dawn Eden about choice. Don't worry; the link is worksafe and free of pop-up ads. The replies — and Punkass Marc's replies to those replies — are well-worth a read as well.

Thank you very much for allowing me to be a part of this guild.

Priestess of Hecate

Mod Faith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:36 pm
Hellos, I'm wildcat2006 and I'm a pro-choice Buddhist liberal hippie stoner soul surfer who likes her men like she likes her music, 12 years older and a hint of class. I'm pro-choice because having an abortion is no one's choice but the mother's, not some d**k in Washington, besides, what a woman does with her body is her own descion.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:31 am
Hey there everyone. I'm Minnie, you can call me Minnie or Melanie. I'm 21 years old, and since I was about 14 I've been pro-choice. What a woman does with her own body, or things that are dependant on her vitals, is her choice, not that of the government or anyone else.  

[Minnie]

StrawberryBalls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:56 pm
Hi, I'm Kevin from NY. I'm 21 and I've been pro-choice for as long as I can remember. I just think being pro-choice is a value of freedom and people should be able to do whatever they want to do with their bodies as they seem fit. I don't know if I personally agree with abortion but banning it or making it illegal of any sorts is just completely insane to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:48 am
Hey guys, I'm Katie-Kat! I'm eighteen, but I'm pretty immature for my age, just so you know. sweatdrop Anyways, I used to be pro-life, but after hearing some of the pro-choice arguements, the logic behind them converted me.

Basically, I believe that people should have absolute control over their bodies, and if a woman is pregnant and doesn't want to be, she should be allowed to abort. I could (probably) never get an abortion myself, but I fully support women who do.

I'm also against parental notification/parental consent laws. To me, this is also a part of a woman's rights over her body, but what's more, I believe that if a girl doesn't tell her parents, she has likely reasons for doing so, but what's more, the government has no business telling her what to do with her body.  

Calixti

Missy Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:12 am
I think I forgot to introduce myself. I've been a member for a few weeks now, too.

My name is Zandra. Hey everyone! I hate to write more because you can just go to my profile and see it.

I've been pro-choice for a long time. I didn't know what abortions were when I was just a kid, and when I first learned of it, I wasn't sure if I was for or against. But now I know that I am pro no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:10 pm
Hi, my name is Linzie and I am 16 years old. I have been pro choice for a rather long time now, it's your body and it should be your choice about what takes place there. Also I see several girls at my school every year whose families pressure or force them into keeping a child they neither want, nor could they probably take care of effectively. But if it is their choice to keep the child that is fine too, but it seems like the majority regret their pregnancy. Don't even get me started on the adoption services now either.

Something that you might find interesting is that my boyfriend is pro-life and for the most idiotic reasons I've ever heard. He is horribly unreasonable as well.

Roslin

RavenBlackheart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:26 am
I haven't read all the post in this introduction forum, but my guess is that you all live in country's where abortion is a real big issue or even illegal. I'm from Holland I'm 22 and I'm really gratefull that abortion is not such an issue here and legal cuz if it wasn't I would now be the mother of a four year old. When I got pregnant I was using the pill ( birthcontrol ) and still got knocked-up. At the time I didn't have a job or a proper house, and my bf didn't have a proper job with a steady income either. We had some really long talks about what we should do, either keep the child, put it up for adoption or abort. We looked at our situation and at what we would have to offer a child, and found out that we had absolutely nothing to offer such an innocent thing. We had no money, no home and neither of us were ready for it yet ( I was 18 ) so we decided to have an abortion. This was one of the most difficult decissions of our lives but I'm glad about the choices I've made. I really hope that I can help some of you with questions you have about abortion, so just pm me if you want to ask something and I'll make an "ask away" topic to answer some questions too.

Hugs and kisses
Raven  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 am
Hey there! I'm a very Liberal Democrat, and I am very Pro-Choice.

If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, there should be no law to stop her from doing so.

I carry my daisies with pride!  

phantommangagirl

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games