Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KnightFourteen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:33 pm
Alpha Q
angelsanctus
Hi!

But really! When Sakura and Naruto were going for the bells, it took them MANY hours just to even touch Kakashi, and won only because of a 'trick'. I doubt that's going to happen while fighting the Akatsuki. And remember, Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, who even defeated the Hokage, and has outslipped ANBU. I doubt that the 2 are ready to take a stand against the Akatsuki. I mean, with maybe a team of 3, it IS possible they can stand a chance of fighting Akatsuki. As much as we think Naruto is super strong, you really need to put it into perspective.

well trickery is part of the way of the ninja. but also take into account kakashi was using his sharingan. itachi being stronger than orochimaru is up for debate, and if you remember, sarutobi-sama held back while fighting orochimaru for much of the encounter. it's true that orochimaru killed the third, but i don't think he defeated him. i agree with you though when it comes to the fact that the akatsuki shouldn't be taken lightly. at the same time we're not exactly sure how much naruto and sakura have grown. during the bell exercise, i have no doubt that everyone involved held back a little. oh man, talking about this just gets me more excited for the next chapter! whee

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. I was also gonna say, although Kakashi was using his Sharigan, he was tricked, so it really didn't help him all that much. Also, that book is one of his main weaknesses, and I don't think the Akatsuki would use that against him. As for holding back, I'm pretty sure all three of them were holding back when trying to get the bells. Naruto's byakugan was pretty strong eve when he 1st started using it, although he was sloppy when attacking. None the less, it was still pretty strong... Also, he could always summon Gamma Bunti (big frog summon) who is one of the strongest summon we've seen. I'm not saying they can easily beat Akatsuki, I'm just saying they also shouldn't be taken lightly by the Akatsuki because Naruto and them aren't people you should let your guard down against.

Also, I was surprized they got Gaara. I mean, he's also not a force to be taken lightly. If he were to be rescued, then not only would they have to face his rescuers, but him as well, and I'm sure he'd be mad, also, sine there won't be a village around him when he's freed, he won't have to hold anything back. Also, that woman's moves won't be a surprize to him anymore.

...But yeah, excited.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:07 am
Kia Ryou
Does anyone elese see this pattern? That the three Legendary Ninja's are each training Kakashi's group. For Example Jiriaya is training Naruto. Tsunade is trianing Sakura. And I guess now Oroshimaru is training Sasuke. I wonder if it'll turn out the same fate for them. Legendary ninjas. And maybe. We'll find out how they became Legendary Ninjas.

I'm sure it will end up differently because Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura are three different ppl.
they are motivated by three completely different goals then the sannins.

Orochi had greedy ambition
Jirarary was a pervert
Tusande was tusande??  

Kyubi no Youko

Akuba Shi v.2.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:22 pm
Knightfourteen
Alpha Q
angelsanctus
Hi!

But really! When Sakura and Naruto were going for the bells, it took them MANY hours just to even touch Kakashi, and won only because of a 'trick'. I doubt that's going to happen while fighting the Akatsuki. And remember, Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, who even defeated the Hokage, and has outslipped ANBU. I doubt that the 2 are ready to take a stand against the Akatsuki. I mean, with maybe a team of 3, it IS possible they can stand a chance of fighting Akatsuki. As much as we think Naruto is super strong, you really need to put it into perspective.

well trickery is part of the way of the ninja. but also take into account kakashi was using his sharingan. itachi being stronger than orochimaru is up for debate, and if you remember, sarutobi-sama held back while fighting orochimaru for much of the encounter. it's true that orochimaru killed the third, but i don't think he defeated him. i agree with you though when it comes to the fact that the akatsuki shouldn't be taken lightly. at the same time we're not exactly sure how much naruto and sakura have grown. during the bell exercise, i have no doubt that everyone involved held back a little. oh man, talking about this just gets me more excited for the next chapter! whee

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. I was also gonna say, although Kakashi was using his Sharigan, he was tricked, so it really didn't help him all that much. Also, that book is one of his main weaknesses, and I don't think the Akatsuki would use that against him. As for holding back, I'm pretty sure all three of them were holding back when trying to get the bells. Naruto's byakugan was pretty strong eve when he 1st started using it, although he was sloppy when attacking. None the less, it was still pretty strong... Also, he could always summon Gamma Bunti (big frog summon) who is one of the strongest summon we've seen. I'm not saying they can easily beat Akatsuki, I'm just saying they also shouldn't be taken lightly by the Akatsuki because Naruto and them aren't people you should let your guard down against.

Also, I was surprized they got Gaara. I mean, he's also not a force to be taken lightly. If he were to be rescued, then not only would they have to face his rescuers, but him as well, and I'm sure he'd be mad, also, sine there won't be a village around him when he's freed, he won't have to hold anything back. Also, that woman's moves won't be a surprize to him anymore.

...But yeah, excited.
Sure, they tricked Kakashi, and that's how they got the bells, but every ninja knows it's a basic to know your enemies weaknesses. They were just using his weakness against him. It's still ninjutsu. Kinda. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:30 pm
Knightfourteen

...But yeah, excited.

Yeah... Gaara has achieved the title of Kazakage. No matter which way you look at it, that means he's the most powerful ninja that the Sand have to offer. The fact that he got captured is kind of discouraging. But like someone pointed out earlier, his sand armor was still in effect, so I doubt he's been truely defeated.

I'm going to say this again, I am extremely excited for these next chapters.

One more thing. Being that Naruto beat Gaara and Gaara is now Kazekage, does that mean that Naruto is stronger than a Kage? I understand Gaara is more powerful now, but so is Naruto. Food for thought, I guess.  

Furyion

angelsanctus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:05 pm
Hi!

Hmm... about beating Gaara, if Naruto moved to the sand, it is possible that he could have become Kazakage. BUT, I'm pretty sure the leaf has many more ninja that are stronger. It is the Strongest ninja in the area. The Sand has many fewer ninja.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:09 pm
Alpha Q
Furyion
You guys keep mentioning the fact that as great as Kakashi is, he can't take on Akatsuki by himself... But he's not by himself. He's got Naruto and Sakura with him and both of them were trained by members of the Sannin. We haven't seen any of the new moves Naruto has learned in the past three years and the only thing we've seen from Sakura is her new found hand-to-hand strength (which we know requires absolute percision). While I think they'll be hard pressed to take on Akatsuki by themselves, I figure at some point any combination of Lee, Kiba, Neji, Choji, Tenmari, Shikamaru and other Jounin will show up to help out. And all of them will have new bad a** skills.

All in all, I'm VERY excited for the new chapters.

very true that they all have great skills, and i have no doubt that naruto, sakura, and even kakashi has improved tremendously in the last three years, but i'm sure the akatsuki still poses such a threat. you bring up a very good point though, and i agree with you that the new chapters promises to be very exciting.

SPOILER ALERT

I think against Akatsuki, the hole group that they can't take but I think they are going to wipe the floor with the guy who is about to fight Kankuro, that or they'll at least amke him regret staying behind because he'll be runnin with his tail between his legs (if he has them that is xp )

Koreachess

Koreachess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:11 pm
Alpha Q
Koreachess
xp SPOILER ALERT xp Well, I for one believe that naruto and sakura are perfect to go find out what is the situation int he hidden village of the sand. For one, Naruto (i think) would be fine against that lady (forgive me, I am horible with the names of new or rarely mentioned characters) who took Gaara since: 1 Gaara almost kicked her a**. 2 Gaara injured her a**. 3 Gaara got his a** handed to him by Uzumaki Naruto at the end of the chuunin exam, so he'll bring the b***h slap of Kyuubi on akatsuki (well, at least I hope he will xp ). Also I think sakura is up there with Naruto and Kakashi is the son of the White Fang (a ninja who was as feared as the three legendary sennin/sannin or whatever theya re called) so maybe he became as strong as his father or he bacame even more stronger. So, I think he can be on a close level to naruto and sakura (both who I think are stronger than kakashi) and I beleive they can handle themselves. Finally, I think clay lady and bad back man (the members of akatsuki who attacked the hidden village of the sand) are weaker members of akastuki and will underestimate the three konoha nin that will unleash a can of whoop a** on them, but unfortunately I think that the sand nin who is working for akatsuki will take gaara to the rest of akatsuki or the crippled lady will barely get away if she hasn't already.

it's very true that the lady came away with a broken arm, but after looking at their battles, it was all a game of chess. all her moves had a purpose, to try to gauge gaara's strength and to exploit his weakness. gaara catching her arm is not as much as his skill as her plan... i believe. does naruto stand a chance against the chick? well i'm not one to bet against him. we all have seen naruto go against impossible odds and somehow come out on top. you're right though, they probably could handle themselves against those two akatsuki members there. i just hope that they're not playing into the hands of the akatsuki when they go there though.. sad
I hope so too sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:38 pm
angelsanctus
Hi!

I think i already adressed this but here i go again

SPOILER ALERT for those who havent read 240+ (I think xp )

kk, I don't think that Sakura, Naruto, or kakashi were doing all they could have when they were trying to get the bells (kakashi maybe, but I doubt it). the reason I say this is because if you are train by legendary Sannin for the primary reason to go a get a comrad (forgive if i misspelled) who has fallen to the dark side *star wars evil empire music starts and so does darth vader's breathing aparatus* chances are that you are going to be at or above a normal jounin level nin (this is my opinion, you can disagree later). Cause if you are not stronger than a jounin then the chances of you gettin your buddy out of the darkness (cause his main goal in life is revenge) is less than an ant's chance at lifting up a 30 ton tractor above its head. So, I have come to conclude that Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi were holdin back.

As for Itachi being stronger than orochimaru well that really doesn't matter because he was only the third strongest member of Akatsuki (I think sweatdrop ) that means there are only 2 members stronger than itachi and chances are kishimoto (the creator of naruto) wouldn't reveal those two members until later in the series. And the cripple talked of orochimaru as if he kinda feared him in 247 so i don't think either is as strong as him. Also when it comes to sasuke I think he'll either be hovering right around orochimaru's level or he has supassed him. I think this cause his only goal is to kill Itachi and he probably didn't want there next meeting ending up like there last. So, I think jiraiya has pushed naruto so he can be as strong or stronger than sasuke, I also think naruto has pushed himself to be stronger than anyone else including the legendary sannin and akatsuki, though I doubt he has yet xp . So that's why I would hate to be crippled man cause he may be in a world of pain soon eek biggrin xp

Koreachess

Koreachess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:45 pm
Knightfourteen
Alpha Q
angelsanctus
Hi!

...But yeah, excited.
Just one thing? byakugan? does naruto have this technique? or do i have that mixed up with another technique? sweatdrop
I am also excited to see hwo thing play out. I hope kankuro doesn't by it though, that would suck great balls sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:35 pm
Koreachess
Just one thing? byakugan? does naruto have this technique? or do i have that mixed up with another technique? sweatdrop
I am also excited to see hwo thing play out. I hope kankuro doesn't by it though, that would suck great balls sad
Hey I'm new to the guild. But here's my two cents; No, Naruto doesn't have Byakugan, thats impossible since it's a bloodline ability. And I'm sure Kankuro will be able to hold his own, he might not be able to defeat the Akatsuki member though. Naruto and the gang will probablly show up at the last minute. XP  

StrayConfusion

Alpha Q

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 am
well people here know i've given more than my 2 cents on naruto and his team going against the akatsuki, so i'll just drop a penny or two on gaara. as great as he is, he might have lost to the chick due to experience. hindsight is 20/20 and if you look back at their battle, it just seemed like the chick was in better control. yes, she did underestimate gaara. but at the same time i think she was well in control for much of the battle. his sand armor was cracking, if i was not mistaken. which could translate to him still having the chakra but is merely unconscious due to the explosion, or that he's got something up his sleeve. it's hard to bet against him, but based on how good itachi was and the fact that the akatsuki are his peers, it's hard to underestimate them as well. oh the excitement! thanks for all the comments and whatnot, i feel enlightened everytime i stop by. you guys rock! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:16 pm
Non-spoiler generic comment that people will understand if they are caught up.

I don't think they were holding back. I mean, breaking out huge techniques would have been over-kill, right? Just because one doesn't use their big bad techniques, it doesn't mean they're holding back, it means they're thinking first. Why waste energy if you don't have too?

>Besides, I don't think Kakashi would look fashionable with a hole in him from Rasengen, or butt up in the air and head in the ground from a Tsunade-trained hit from Sakura. Okay okay, that's IF the could touch Kakashi with those abilities, and I think Kakashi would get away from that stuff, but there's no need for a drawn out battle for bells. THe difference between this battle for the bells and the first battle for the bells is that they know to go at things with both their minds and their skills and TOGETHER. The first time they were all on their own in their attempts and just went at it without much thought first. It shows that they have grown up some and learned from the past.<  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

DanieBarton03

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:04 pm
Zrana
Non-spoiler generic comment that people will understand if they are caught up.

I don't think they were holding back. I mean, breaking out huge techniques would have been over-kill, right? Just because one doesn't use their big bad techniques, it doesn't mean they're holding back, it means they're thinking first. Why waste energy if you don't have too?

>snippage<
Took the words right out of my mouth.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:31 pm
Hi!

Hmm, very good points. But about Deidara from Akatsuki... another good reason that she was in control for most the battle is most likely because she KNEW Gaara's abilities. I mean, the Akatsuki must be pretty well informed, while Gaara had no clue what was to be expected. So they have the upper hand is some of the battles, including a possible bout' with Kankuro, or Team 7. =3
You have a good point Zrana about not wasting energy. And whoever said that Naruto was trained to battle for a lost friend, than why did Jiraiya tell Naruto to forget about Sasuke when talking to him at the hospital? Was his training really to get Sasuke back? Or maybe to just defend himself from Akatsuki. Or both?  

angelsanctus

Alpha Q

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:20 pm
angelsanctus
Hi!

Hmm, very good points. But about Deidara from Akatsuki... another good reason that she was in control for most the battle is most likely because she KNEW Gaara's abilities. I mean, the Akatsuki must be pretty well informed, while Gaara had no clue what was to be expected. So they have the upper hand is some of the battles, including a possible bout' with Kankuro, or Team 7. =3
You have a good point Zrana about not wasting energy. And whoever said that Naruto was trained to battle for a lost friend, than why did Jiraiya tell Naruto to forget about Sasuke when talking to him at the hospital? Was his training really to get Sasuke back? Or maybe to just defend himself from Akatsuki. Or both?

yes, i forgot to mention that fact that the akatsuki knew about gaara's abilities. good point.

about naruto's training... i think it's a little bit of both. getting sasuke back means DEFEATING him first, and that's one of the main things that motivates naruto since the beginning. maybe during the training jiraiya had the akatsuki in mind while naruto was focused on sasuke.

3nodding  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games