Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Connavar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Personally, I preferred Jango's arsenal. But that's kind of because of the movies, and therefore not a very good basis of judgement.

The older trilogy, while extremely well done, were simply not capable of making Boba's weaponry seem as powerful as the newer trilogy made Jango's weaponry seem.

Plus, the opinion on the men behind the Mandalorian helmet. Jango always seemed more appreciative, more proud, whereas Boba just continued with his life without much care for the consequences of his actions, or the movement of time and events around him. That, is until the Legacy series.
But, still. Pride > arrogance, though one leads to the other, typically.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:47 pm
But Jango was more of a meathead.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Connavar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:53 pm
My knowledge of him doesn't extend very far, so would you care to clarify that?

From what I know of him, Boba Fett grew up to be exactly like Jango, only with less positive emotions. Jango had humanity where Boba didn't. Jango was simply a loner. Boba regarded himself as completely separate.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm
If you read the stories between Jango and Boba, you can tell.

Boba was not like his father. He was leaner and focused less upon brute force and big guns, rather he preferred tactically outwitting and enduring his opponent. That's just obvious from their armors. But there's more.

Jango didn't keep himself in check at times. His opinion of Kenobi was not one of any respect; Boba grew up with fierce tenacity, and respect for the jedi, but he wouldn't be bullied either.

I mean, he was the only person short of the emperor himself that did not have to say "sir" or "mi'lord", and on top of it, could question Vader without worrying about being choked.

Jango had no humanity as far as I could tell. Boba actually got married, had kids. Between the two, I would say you have the pair mixed up personality wise.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Connavar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:47 pm
Nelowulf
Jango didn't keep himself in check at times. His opinion of Kenobi was not one of any respect; Boba grew up with fierce tenacity, and respect for the jedi, but he wouldn't be bullied either.

You had a point with the rest of them, and I agree, but still failed to convince me that Boba was superior to Jango, so we'll just ignore them for now.

This part I quoted, however, I find faulty. Boba never had respect for the Jedi. After seeing them kill his father, he was always expressed as having an underlying hatred for their 'arrogant kind', which is basically how he described them in his 'own thoughts' in the series of books that he was protagonist in. Was it the Bounty Hunter series, was that what they were called? Can't remember. Anyway, in the later books, especially the Legacy series, he again expresses his underlying hatred for the Jedi in his thoughts about Jacen, who gave him more cause to hate the Jedi after his...well, if you haven't read it, I won't spoil it, but if you have you know what I'm talking about. Even other characters showed that they knew of Boba's prejudice against them, as Han expressed himself after discovering what his son did.

EDIT
And I forgot the last part:
Nelowulf
Jango had no humanity as far as I could tell. Boba actually got married, had kids. Between the two, I would say you have the pair mixed up personality wise.

Boba married someone quickly in his youth, rushing into it and then left without any goodbye, and never looked back, until the events with his daughter and grand-daughter. Jango, however, wanted to start a family, but was so socially inept that he was incapable. That was why he demanded an unaltered clone in the first place. Unable to start one with someone else, he made his own family on his own. And Boba himself, when he finally tries to return to the Manda'lor people and be a true Manda'lor (leader, as well as 'the people') to them, expressed that his reasoning for doing it was because, had his father lived, that's what he would have done, and wanted of Boba.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:01 pm
And the title of Mandalore means he has no care for any of his fellow vode.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:37 am
Sure wish I could get my hands on the OLD Boba Fett books, where he was in prison and all, I started reading one when I was 7, but I couldn't understand a thing.

I'ma have to rob them from my cousin.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:45 am
You mean that trilogy where ge goes up against Kuat of Kuat?
Or the stories that reveal his pre-prequels background and his time spent in the maw of the Sarlacc?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Connavar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 am
That little short story of when he was in the maw of the Sarlacc was a rather interesting read...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 am
That it was.
I tell you, that Boba is a dirty dirty cheater.
Not like his Father. His Father played the game honest enough.
But Boba plays with a loaded deck. And even when I bring my own he always manages to keep an ace up his sleave.
If he wasnt so good at helping me clear the table I might become upset at his chicanery.

Sol Walker
Crew

Connavar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:40 am
There are no aces in Sabacc, my friend...

Personally, I'd go for Han's talent. The lad always had an Idiot's Array.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:47 am
Connavar
There are no aces in Sabacc, my friend...

Personally, I'd go for Han's talent. The lad always had an Idiot's Array.

Who said I am playing Sabacc?
Honestly. Its not like this Galaxy is my only place of buisness.
And that was a perfectly legitamite round of poetic images I crafted, all hinting that all of life is a gamble.
It was just fine without the Star Wars reference.

Sol Walker
Crew

Connavar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 am
But Boba Fett would be playing only Sabacc, and you said you were playing against him.

And on another point, there is, in fact, an Ace in Sabacc.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:05 pm
Cale Darksun
You mean that trilogy where ge goes up against Kuat of Kuat?
Or the stories that reveal his pre-prequels background and his time spent in the maw of the Sarlacc?
Indeed, such as the book where he was in prison.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Connavar
But Boba Fett would be playing only Sabacc, and you said you were playing against him.

And on another point, there is, in fact, an Ace in Sabacc.

Are you familiar with the concept of Suspending Disbelief?
When a poet spouts off "Roses are red, Violets are blue" you do not correct him afterward by saying that Violets are not blue, they're Violet.
Reality has little play on Art, even Realism.
I could easily tell you that Boba Fett does not play cards at all and thus nullify your whole Sabacc statement. That and also understand that the statement I gave was in my perspective on things, as though Death, a proffesional Gambler, were looking upon the life of Boba Fett and commenting.
Being that Death is an Extraplanilar being addressing an audience not of Boba Fett's universe (as we all are), it is understandable that he would use gambling terminology his audience would be familiar with, hence the lack of Sabacc terms.
If Boba Fett would be looking at his life and commenting, you can imagine he would paint a very different picture and use far fewer words.

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games