Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:21 am
exactly. but because it's star wars, it gets a +7 in coolness and a +20 in sound and music. and because it's made by Lucasarts, it has "Programming of the absolute," which means that if it's not bad, it gets a +9 in ingenuity and an extra reflex save, as well as a +5 on all saving throws.

i've been playing NwN too much. e.e  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:36 am
I like Warcraft. I actually love everything blizzard has put out. Its got 100% ratio for me, unlike lucasarts. I mean, Everything is good.

Starcraft (brood war expac), Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Diablo, Diablo II (LOD expac,)... They've yet to mess something up.

Though they haven't put anything out in the last couple years, besides the frozen throne expac.

But eh. WoW isn't supposedly as good as Galaxies to a neutral person. Its got more options, but the players aren't as zealous. I guess because you can actually achieve your goal of becoming uber, instead of having hunt every single padawan down with no end.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:25 am
I liked starcraft...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:44 am
well i have achieved my dream
User Image
hanging out with boba.  

NickCpointless

jaslow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:09 am
NickCpointless
well i have achieved my dream
User Image
hanging out with boba.

Is that Star Wars Galaxies?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 am
yep, it is.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jaslow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:17 am
*drool*
Lots awesome, wish I could play. Don't have any good mmorpgs in my country... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38 am
I dunno. I just like to bust out the books and dice when I want a good RP.
MMORPGS can get addicting.  

Sol Walker
Crew

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:26 am
Cale Darksun
I dunno. I just like to bust out the books and dice when I want a good RP.
MMORPGS can get addicting.
your telling me ive done very little else since i got galaxies  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:54 pm
How do those dice RPs work anyway?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:34 pm
basically, everything is determined by chance. the more of a bonus you add to a roll of a die, the better your chances of success. everything is determined by a twenty sided Die.
Say Cale wanted to fast talk a gamorean Guard. He would add the bonus he gets from his Bluff Skill (say a 10) and add that to the the d20 roll. he rolls a six so he gets a sixteen. Now to beat that, the gamorrean has to roll an opposed check against that with his skill Sense motive. he has a 2 bonus in it and rolls a six as well, making 8. Cale wins.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:24 pm
thats..weird.

and it doesnt really sound eterntaining..  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 pm
I probably used a bad example. the Dice only tells you if you succeeded in something.
The real meat of the game is how its played. Its like an interactive story, like your own episode of star wars with a hero you design yourself. You play as that character and decide what he does and how he accomplishes his myrad goals in the GFFA.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:20 am
Star Wars RPG? I'm in a SW D20 game on Saturdays, playing my independent (as well as surprisingly lethal) 3PO droid.

The crew consists of me, a Wookie pilot, and a human outlaw. I don't think there is a leader, we just do what the Hutt (or some other prospective employer) asks us to do.
We don't get along very well. The Wookie hates droids, for one thing.
Hmm...they've installed a big flashing bullseye on my droids back, that is remote controlled by them. My droid doesn't know about it yet.
When we were under attack by a pirate frigate, they stuck me in the escape pod with two Devastating explosives, and a bunch of detonite, and launched me at them. I managed to to open the hatch and jump out before it blew up the pirates, though.
And...Wookies (our wookie, at any rate) love peanut butter. Especially Scrappy's brand.

Man...this one mission;
We were sent to Tatooine, to pick up an engine cowling from a Jawa named Ipso. Unfortunately, there was a Jawa convention in town; lots and lots of sandcrawlers, and even more Jawas.
The wookie and the human left to go look for Ipso, and left my character to watch the ship.
They left a droid to guard a ship, in a town full of JAWAS!

Anyway, it a group of Jawas approached the ship, and started poking at it and my character.
I try to warn them (he isn't programmed with Jawa), scare them away, shoot some shots in the air, and they ignore it.
So, I fire my flamethrower and torch 29 of them, in a big blazing pile of flaming Jawas. xd  

HereticX

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games