Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:47 pm
Most EU is fanon  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:55 pm
not when GL makes it canon with the little SW stampie...  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:56 pm
whatever. not a big fan of GL's decisons of late anyway.
Nelo asked about em, and I hunted them down.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:40 pm
Cale Darksun
Ties have bitchin lasers. factor in that they were probably for the most part Ace pilots and also include the idea that the rebels focused their sields to the front and or shunted shield energy to guns or engines. that scenario is probably why rebels kept getting pasted.
Well I already said about the shields part.
But how does the pilots being Aces have anything to do with the kills so much?(I mean related to the shield thing?)  

Robin the Aussie

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:52 pm
You misunderstand. the Rebs were facing some of the best talent from the imperial fleet during the trench run, meaning veteran tie pilots. they probably have a good understanding of how to take down snub fighters and are skilled at maxing their vessel's strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. now, in regard to the shields, by focusing them one way, like say to cover the front fire arc, you weaken the protection on your port, starboard, and aft sections signifigantly to compensate for reinforcing one side. meaning the X wing's much vaunted shields were far more easier to get through and making the X-wings more vulnerable to the Tie lasers.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:01 am
Cale Darksun
You misunderstand. the Rebs were facing some of the best talent from the imperial fleet during the trench run, meaning veteran tie pilots. they probably have a good understanding of how to take down snub fighters and are skilled at maxing their vessel's strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. now, in regard to the shields, by focusing them one way, like say to cover the front fire arc, you weaken the protection on your port, starboard, and aft sections signifigantly to compensate for reinforcing one side. meaning the X wing's much vaunted shields were far more easier to get through and making the X-wings more vulnerable to the Tie lasers.
Actually you misunderstood what I meant partly.
I mean would it effect how good the TIE pilots were at targeting and stuff?
I've heard X-Wings have a weak spot in their shield system, is that true?  

Robin the Aussie

HereticX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:27 am
I was kind of wondering what kind of projectile weapons are available, especially in the area of grenade launchers, both stand alone and attachable. Or should I just make up my own?

Hah, I was just watching Mail Call, the History Channel program with R. Lee Ermey, they were talking about the...I forget the number/name, but it was a automatic grenade launcher (and actually capable of stopping tanks), and I now I'm starting to think about it for Star Wars...

And speaking of armaments...where can Cajin go to buy some guns (or tune up his E-11) on Ord Mantell?

"Eh...I'm looking for a gun with some, some respectable stopping power-ooooh, that E-Web looks nice..."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:31 am
lets see, in the area of projectile weapons you have a huge array of slugthrowers, including pistols, rifles, and scatterguns.
RPG's and missle launchers are still common too,(I did something on the collapsable missle tube in the Guide)
Grenade launchers can be weapons on their own or be mounted on a blaster barrel.
Micro grenade launchers are the most common of these barrel mounted options, as they pack the destructive quality of a grenade into a small easily carried and loaded shell. micro grenade launchers have larger ammo capacities than the standard grenade launcher, but it doesn't have the range, falling short of a real grenade launcher's maximum range by a quarter or so.
also, they have single shot "pistols" for projectile weapons. one verson can fire a single grenade round from a grenade launcher, another version can fire a small rocket or missle.
perhaps the best representation of the combo of blasting and exploding is the Blast and Smash energy rifle. with a good blaster and an equally excellent micro grenade launcher, this weapon has recieved quite a reputation in the rim.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:33 am
Robin the Aussie
sigh...I thought I explained that.
as for the weak point, sounds like imp propaganda.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 am
Cale Darksun
Robin the Aussie

and i only thought tie's did their job in numbers, i mean, they are not so strong, but have fast firing rate, and youre quickly overwhelmed?  

Ryuu Kuro

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:01 am
Ryuu_Kuro
Cale Darksun
Robin the Aussie

and i only thought tie's did their job in numbers, i mean, they are not so strong, but have fast firing rate, and youre quickly overwhelmed?
...try asking that again, I didn't get what your question was.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:10 am
well, isnt it the thing: strong in numbers? tie pilots are trained yes, but a tie has a high fire rate, low shields, and they are with...like..alot?  

Ryuu Kuro

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:16 am
Ryuu_Kuro
well, isnt it the thing: strong in numbers? tie pilots are trained yes, but a tie has a high fire rate, low shields, and they are with...like..alot?
yeah. Ties do best in numbers.
for mor information on the Tie fighter, check the Outlaw's Guide to the Galaxy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:18 am
yeah ive seen it, but still jerec's super star destroyer is one of the coolest imperial ships ive seen, well okay the starforge is larger...but the SSD just looks cooler xp  

Ryuu Kuro

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:24 am
Ryuu_Kuro
yeah ive seen it, but still jerec's super star destroyer is one of the coolest imperial ships ive seen, well okay the starforge is larger...but the SSD just looks cooler xp

The SDF-1 could vape that sonofabitch easy.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games