Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:28 pm
Right... moving on.

Is anyone else getting sick of all these remakes and 'old is new' ideas for hollywood?

I mean, let's face it. I like movies about comics, but what's this about "get smart", "G.I. Joe", "The Watchmen", and of course an american verson of DBZ, with master roshi with a full head of hair and no goatee?

Or how about the remakes of "The Hulk", the wolfman, and "street fighter"?

Is there that little creative talent out there right now they have to flood the thing with old ideas?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 pm
I've been sickof that for years. Same with, "Lets make every successful book into a movie!" ******** Hollywood.

stare  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

K-Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:40 pm
Nelowulf
Right... moving on.

Is anyone else getting sick of all these remakes and 'old is new' ideas for hollywood?

I mean, let's face it. I like movies about comics, but what's this about "get smart", "G.I. Joe", "The Watchmen", and of course an american verson of DBZ, with master roshi with a full head of hair and no goatee?

Or how about the remakes of "The Hulk", the wolfman, and "street fighter"?

Is there that little creative talent out there right now they have to flood the thing with old ideas?

Apparently so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm
Des Voh
I've been sickof that for years. Same with, "Lets make every successful book into a movie!" ******** Hollywood.

stare

The comic book to movie adaptations I'm not minding so much. Book to movie adaptations have been around since 1950 easily. Lord of the Rings, worth it. Harry Potter, good for the kids. The rest, meh, I'll agree.

However, when shows you're watching on TV Land are suddenly the new craze, I'm starting to get annoyed. Gilligan's Island, okay. Mission Impossible, okay. But now we're just a few steps away from "The Love boat: the movie".

Maybe I'm just really annoyed at the idea of a G.I. Joe movie, but Chun Yow-Fat is no Master Roshi either. It's like they're not even trying. Hollywood can't survive on pretty girls in skintight latex outfits forever.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:51 pm
Did they really make a movie out of Gilligan's Island? And you’re joking about The Love boat: the movie right?
Please tell me you’re joking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:56 pm
*shrug*

So long as they do Gomer Pyle justice, I'm groovy. ^^ Still, it does seem that a lot of older TV is being looked to for movies. And then, we have Battlestar Galactica recently redone. (( I've yet to see it, but I hear some good of it. ))  

AFK Masturbating

K-Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm
I grew up watching the old BSG, back in the day and for it’s time it was the shzzzit. Although I stopped watching it when it became Galactica 1980. That sucked big time.
So as a fan of the original BSG I had my reservations about this new BSG, and it took me like the first season before I really got into it, now I’m sitting on the edge of my couch waiting for next weeks episode.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 pm
I fondly remember BSG from when I was a kid. ^^ I can't say I remember much about BSG80, but from what others have told me, I probably didn't miss much.  

AFK Masturbating

K-Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 pm
Do your self a favor and skip BSG1980, it isn’t worth the pain.
Like the pain I felt when I saw cartoon network running old Voltron episodes, felt like my retinas were melting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Cale Darksun
Road trip?
From Nebraska?
At these gas prices?
Damn I can't believe I knew you lived in Nebraska. Eh, you've prolly said it before.
But yeah, just grab something with 30+ mpg and come? How much is gas for you guys?

@Des: Whats on Sunday? Isn't Wilkesbarre right near Jim thorpe? You could hop a greyhound for like 20 bucks.

@Nelo: I use a Ghillie suit. And I wield a tippmann 98 custom with a flip down bipod, a 16" sniper barrel or a flatline barrel, e-trigger, air compressor built into a commando flipdown hilt. (Whoa, brag much?)
~I deck out my precious.
But I agree, it can get boring if its just a bunch of idiots shooting eachother. It needs flavor and challenge. And ghillie suits.  

Jaden_Ordo

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 pm
alexthegreat56204
world war 2 well live forever dramallama dramallama dramallama
Wtf? burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:45 pm
yo just came back from the con and got some really cool stuff, I got an orgeon trail that has a picture of the pixel wagon and underneith it says "You have died of dissentary", I got a Roxas figure for my little bro, and finally I got a masterpeice collection VF-1A Veritech fighter. It's sweet.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

K-Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:11 pm
Missing nin Itachi
yo just came back from the con and got some really cool stuff, I got an orgeon trail that has a picture of the pixel wagon and underneith it says "You have died of dissentary", I got a Roxas figure for my little bro, and finally I got a masterpeice collection VF-1A Veritech fighter. It's sweet.

*pounces on Missing* Super mega force hyper active kitty pounce! twisted roar  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:17 pm
K-Blade
Missing nin Itachi

*pounces on Missing* Super mega force hyper active kitty pounce! twisted roar

*tickles K* looks like you got me silly little kitty.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 pm
Someone say something about kitties? surprised

Anywho, I remember Oregon Trail. Good times there.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games