Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
uryu ishida
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
On Deviant Art apparently someone is justifying Obama's assault weapon ban on the grounds that semi automatic weapons spray with no accuracy.
You should tell them the ban also includes pump-action rifles and bolt-action shotguns.
Ok I don't know if you said that on purpose or if it was just a brain fart... Anyway they seem to believe that if civilians aren't allowed to have guns and we all get security alarms that will stop the criminals better. stressed
Even if it was a typo, it's still true.

And I actually do own a bolt-action shotgun (.410) and have shot a pump-action rifle. Taurus actually still makes a pump-action .22LR, as do several other countries. There is even a pump-action .223 that uses STANAG magazines.
I knew there were pump action rifles. I just never heard of a bolt action shotgun.
They're pretty rare. Actually, there were Ishapore SMLE's converted to .410 at one time.

@Uryu: the Remington 7615, which used STANAGS like you said, is discontinued. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
uryu ishida
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
On Deviant Art apparently someone is justifying Obama's assault weapon ban on the grounds that semi automatic weapons spray with no accuracy.
You should tell them the ban also includes pump-action rifles and bolt-action shotguns.
Ok I don't know if you said that on purpose or if it was just a brain fart... Anyway they seem to believe that if civilians aren't allowed to have guns and we all get security alarms that will stop the criminals better. stressed
Even if it was a typo, it's still true.

And I actually do own a bolt-action shotgun (.410) and have shot a pump-action rifle. Taurus actually still makes a pump-action .22LR, as do several other countries. There is even a pump-action .223 that uses STANAG magazines.
I knew there were pump action rifles. I just never heard of a bolt action shotgun.
They're pretty rare. Actually, there were Ishapore SMLE's converted to .410 at one time.

@Uryu: the Remington 7615, which used STANAGS like you said, is discontinued. gonk
I'm pretty sure mine is a winchester. A bolt-action .410, with a twist choke. it's ANCIENT. The only problem with it right now is that the damn magazine in it doesn't work--the rounds tip way up and only let you put one in at a time.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:46 am
I watched part of an episode of Castle last night.

"Wasn't their car armored?"
"They used cop killers: teflon bullets. They went right through the armor."

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:01 am
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

... I also watched Robocop 3:Ok seriously we're done making sequels, saw a Calico with a grenade launcher glued onto it and lots of other noobery.
Robocop that can walk through a wall but insists on shooting up a door before going through.

Then Diehard 4 with never ending magazines on enemy weapons.

In fact, I'm still awake.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:38 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

... I also watched Robocop 3:Ok seriously we're done making sequels, saw a Calico with a grenade launcher glued onto it and lots of other noobery.
Robocop that can walk through a wall but insists on shooting up a door before going through.

You know, awesome as it is, Black Lagoon is TERRIBLE about bottomless magazines. Dutch shoots DOZENS of rounds out of his revolver, and never reloads it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:04 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

You know, awesome as it is, Black Lagoon is TERRIBLE about bottomless magazines. Dutch shoots DOZENS of rounds out of his revolver, and never reloads it.

I was reading my American Rifleman magazine that I got today.

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:12 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm
Ahh, Jimmy Carter. The only US President to be viciously attacked by a bunny.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm

Must have tried stealing his Trix.

Jimmy Carter while at the White House asked, "What happened to the Ban on Assault Weapons?"

The article's response was, "Exactly what happened to him."

Also in the article, "Carter tried to dismiss the concern that 'assault weapon' legislation threatens the right to arms.
But in addition to adversely affectin the defensive use of firearms, 'assault weapon' bills introduced the last few years have proposed to ban many more types of firearms than the 1994 law did, including semi-automatic shotguns and pump-action rifles used by millions of hunters like former president Carter.
Most outrageously, Carter claimed that the only reason anyone would want an 'assault weapon' would be to murder police officers, schoolchildren and co-workers. The millions of good Americans who own these guns deserve no such insult and, frankly, it is beneath the degree of dignity we expect from a former president."

Let the facepalms roll in.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm

Jimmy Carter while at the White House asked, "What happened to the Ban on Assault Weapons?"

Also in the article, "Carter tried to dismiss the concern that 'assault weapon' legislation threatens the right to arms.
But in addition to adversely affectin the defensive use of firearms, 'assault weapon' bills introduced the last few years have proposed to ban many more types of firearms than the 1994 law did, including semi-automatic shotguns and pump-action rifles used by millions of hunters like former president Carter.
Most outrageously, Carter claimed that the only reason anyone would want an 'assault weapon' would be to murder police officers, schoolchildren and co-workers. The millions of good Americans who own these guns deserve no such insult and, frankly, it is beneath the degree of dignity we expect from a former president."

Get me Hav-A-Hart traps and Carter's address. He'll be swimming in bunnies by the end of the week.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm

Get me Hav-A-Hart traps and Carter's address. He'll be swimming in bunnies by the end of the week.

We've been having lots of wild rabbits around here lately. We can pool our efforts together, the live traps will hurt the wallet.

I guess the Coyotes moved out of this area, hopefully it's temporary because those ******** are eating the plants.

Yeah, I wonder if they tell that.
Probably some lib place and I bet he's got armed guards.
If he's a douchebag like that I'm sure he's a damn hipocrite.

"He teaches Sunday school and is a deacon in the Maranatha Baptist Church in his hometown of Plains, Georgia"
Sauce Wikipedia.
No idea if it really is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter  

Barru

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

User Image

emotion_facepalm

*long drawn out sigh*

One person.
Jimmy Carter.

emotion_facepalm
Lololololol HAX

I love the NRA so much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/general-discussion/this-is-why-guns-should-be-illegal/t.52484453_1/

ugh...  

Shadow Deadeye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:05 am
Shadow Deadeye
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/general-discussion/this-is-why-guns-should-be-illegal/t.52484453_1/

ugh...
You got a ******** epic response at the bottom of page 1.

"The UK crime rate is 5 times higher than the US's"
"Yeah, but it's all knife crime in the UK. You can't compare that."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:56 am
Fresnel
Shadow Deadeye

ugh...

And they don't even put two and two together.  

OberFeldwebel

Shadow Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Shadow Deadeye

ugh...

And they don't even put two and two together.

They must not have read the last part.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games