Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:00 pm
A good rule of thumb is always go for the simple answer. Breeding could be way more complicated than we make it, but we don't because then it'd be a huge hassle.

Leopons breed like leopons, period.

Gods are lions but can have one alternate fertile form. I don't think that alternate form can be a fertile hybrid, but perhaps it is an exception worth looking into if they ascended from one. You would have to PM the mule.

However, on both topics.. I don't know if Newbie Q&A is the right thread to be asking such specific, complicated questions. They aren't explicitly addressed, common knowledge or easy assumptions. You can PM the mule those kinds of weird questions.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:35 am
I need some clarification in regards to self RPs that are OK to be used in Breedings.

I've being noticing for some time now that people have been able to use self RPs for breedings that I myself didn't think were acceptable based on my understanding of self RPs. My understanding is that a self RP is one that you do yourself (obviously) with one of your own characters. When using this RP in a breeding, it must be over 1000 words long.

What I have noticed though is that people have been using TWO characters in a self RP, and despite the fact that one character has a bigger word count than the other, both characters are able to use that RP for breeding purposes. And in all cases, neither character's word count adds up to 1000 on their own, only 1000 when added together. How can an RP where an individual character does not have 1000 words be used in a breeding for that character?

So, here's my example. Based on the fact that other people have been allowed to do so, would I be able to use the below RP if I ever wished to breed Penda'ji? His is the bold pink text.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22264355

If the answer is no, please can you explain why other people have been allowed to use similiar RPs for their characters in breedings?  

~Masamune~

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:04 pm
Sense i just joined today, (3/11/12), i want to know what to do in order to get on the right track and begin.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 pm
~Masamune~
I need some clarification in regards to self RPs that are OK to be used in Breedings.

I've being noticing for some time now that people have been able to use self RPs for breedings that I myself didn't think were acceptable based on my understanding of self RPs. My understanding is that a self RP is one that you do yourself (obviously) with one of your own characters. When using this RP in a breeding, it must be over 1000 words long.

What I have noticed though is that people have been using TWO characters in a self RP, and despite the fact that one character has a bigger word count than the other, both characters are able to use that RP for breeding purposes. And in all cases, neither character's word count adds up to 1000 on their own, only 1000 when added together. How can an RP where an individual character does not have 1000 words be used in a breeding for that character?

So, here's my example. Based on the fact that other people have been allowed to do so, would I be able to use the below RP if I ever wished to breed Penda'ji? His is the bold pink text.

If the answer is no, please can you explain why other people have been allowed to use similiar RPs for their characters in breedings?

This would be a question to PM to the mule for the staff to look over, as it brings up issues with who has been allowing what and what the shop allows. It doesn't really belong in this thread, which is for newbies asking (hopefully) simple questions.

As far as I know, its a convergence of two different rules; that if you use two soa in an rp, the rp counts for both, and that a solo rp must be at least 1000 words in length. Interpretation could, perhaps, vary between colorists.

Myself, I would want five posts per character, as with any two+ character rps, but that might be different for a different colorist, as we have always left interpretation up to the individual doing the breeding.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:16 pm
lee the wolf
Sense i just joined today, (3/11/12), i want to know what to do in order to get on the right track and begin.

Firstly, start hanging out in the thread and reading up on the information on the front page of the thread itself. That should answer most of your questions and hanging out will increase your chances of winning your first pet, as random free giveaways happen sporadically and aren't announced in the thread title.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm
Bluefire Dragonz
~Masamune~

This would be a question to PM to the mule for the staff to look over, as it brings up issues with who has been allowing what and what the shop allows. It doesn't really belong in this thread, which is for newbies asking (hopefully) simple questions.

As far as I know, its a convergence of two different rules; that if you use two soa in an rp, the rp counts for both, and that a solo rp must be at least 1000 words in length. Interpretation could, perhaps, vary between colorists.

Myself, I would want five posts per character, as with any two+ character rps, but that might be different for a different colorist, as we have always left interpretation up to the individual doing the breeding.

heart That answer in itself is helpful, so thanks Blue. smile I'll still PM the mule though like you said.  

~Masamune~

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:51 pm
Question!

I have a cub that I customed into my M&M breeding in February.
Since it has been over a month since I posted my form and sent the trade, is the price cut in half like in regular customs?
If so, should I resend the trade with the new amount right away or notify the colourist doing the cub first?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 pm
THE Jehan
Question!

I have a cub that I customed into my M&M breeding in February.
Since it has been over a month since I posted my form and sent the trade, is the price cut in half like in regular customs?
If so, should I resend the trade with the new amount right away or notify the colourist doing the cub first?

I would say to PM the mule with this question and let the staff decide on the answer. Breeding customs aren't really like normal customs, so I'm not sure what we had decided on this issue. Can't really remember, 'cause it doesn't tend to happen real often. xD;  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Temperance_Lara_Croft

2,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm
just wondering where i can find a pet to buy question question question question question question question question question question question question question  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 am
Temperance_Lara_Croft
just wondering where i can find a pet to buy question question question question question question question question question question question question question

Please read the front page of the shop thread, specifically General Rules and Availability  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 pm
I kind of missed being able to roleplay my cubs when they were still cubs. I wanted to do a solo for both of them as cubs to develop what they'll be like as juves. Do I have to label the solos as a backlog or do I just label it as a Solo? Just wondering, in case there is some kind of special label for rp-ing my SoA at a younger age since one is a juve and one is already an adol.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:34 am
Lilbabe808
I kind of missed being able to roleplay my cubs when they were still cubs. I wanted to do a solo for both of them as cubs to develop what they'll be like as juves. Do I have to label the solos as a backlog or do I just label it as a Solo? Just wondering, in case there is some kind of special label for rp-ing my SoA at a younger age since one is a juve and one is already an adol.

I'm not sure if there's an official way to do it. Some mark it as backlog in the title, and some put a note in the post itself that it's backlogged.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:30 pm
Annchen
I'm not sure if there's an official way to do it. Some mark it as backlog in the title, and some put a note in the post itself that it's backlogged.

Ok! Thank you so much! I'll just mark it so I know.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 am
When you get cubs from a Breeding, are you allowed to request that they grow on to the alt adult lines? Or is it up to the colourist whether or not they wish to do that?  

~Masamune~

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:04 am
I can't recall if this was asked or not... xd ;; Would a god, such as Xavier, be able to curse an SoA into being another species? Like, being the God of the Cursed, could Xavier, as punishment to, say, a hyena, turn said hyena into a lion, or vice versa? Since it'd be a curse on the lion/hyena.... So long as the other owner gets the custom slot for it, that is.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff