Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 am
Mythee: under those circumstances, its fine, as there's a precedent for it (such as the kitsune Tomoko and her ball of stars)

Poke: It's at the examiner's discretion, and it's less likely a gm will pick up someone who hasn't listed their teacher. If you want to cover all bases, then just list all the available examiners.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:12 am
Oh phew, that comes as a relief! Hurrah! Thanks again. n-n
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 pm
So long as the item used to channel fear isn't a weapon (or anything that can be used as a weapon) or a familiar, that's a-ok. Something like a ceremonial dagger would be right out, as that's still a type of weapon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 pm
I'm sure this may have been asked and answered at some point but is it possible to create a Ghost Character of say a demon? If so would they have the natural abilities of both races or would it simply have the abilities of their ghostly subrace?  

Vasyl Zaejue

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 pm
Vasyl Zaejue
I'm sure this may have been asked and answered at some point but is it possible to create a Ghost Character of say a demon? If so would they have the natural abilities of both races or would it simply have the abilities of their ghostly subrace?

It depends on how the character is set up -- you can only have ONE natural ability, period. Your ghost character could have a ghostly variation of the demon's natural ability, or a completely separate/new ghost ability.

Keep in mind that only the ghost RP information would apply to them, not the demons. While they were once a demon, they cannot Mark/create binding contracts like demons. In addition, the memory loss Ghosts suffer will still occur~

Otherwise, because your character was formally a demon they will look as such -- just transparent and a bit whispy around the edges ala ghost.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm
I've encountered some problems with some aspects of Undead with my character. >.<;;
I'll quote this post;

Mythee-dono

Edit: MAJOR ISSUES THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP.
1) Students are not supposed to have spent time in the human world.
Zen was brought back in the human world. D'8 Over there, they will have at least experienced the events between being brought back and having their skull crushed (a day at most, away from civilization). The additional 5 hours of flute playing after re-reawakening are not mandatory, they're just there for the lolz- if we remove them Zen won't have experienced any moments in the MODERN world, so... would removing them make this scenario okay?

2) Undead aren't supposed to remember their past.

At most, even if Zen remembers their whole epic 17th century life, it would make no difference for those around Zen. They would not show that they remember: nobody would know that they have recollections of their life, and they would not be telling those recollections to anybody beyond perhaps explaining how their undeath came to be to a very closed loved one that might never happen after much major character development that might never happen. It would, however, provide the framework upon which Zen's entire behavior and personality rests. Without sufficient understanding of who they were and why they were like that, Zen would cease to be Zen- in fact, Zen could not even be a Komusō monk! Which is why this issue is a point of major distress for me. ;v; Sorry.

So in trying to work with the rules better, if I were to minimalise what Zen recalls... Zen needs to have at their immediate disposal:
1) Their identity as a Komusō and the knowledge that entails (ex.: Fuke Zen Buddhism: what the temples and practices were like. They would definitely not know about the sect's demise)
2) They should have at least vague recollections of having abandoned the warrior lifestyle, which is the drive that led them to monk-ness.
3) At least a vague recollection of their lifelong rival and their peculiar relationship as the cause of their now skeletal form, and the emotionally heated events leading to the smashed skull- which would allow Zen to retain a pressing need for secrecy even were they to forget that they pretended to be male for most of their life.

I am hoping this is acceptable as it is the minimum that would allow Zen to happen, but if it isn't, it would be mega kind of someone to help me out in figuring this out properly. ;v; <3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm
The most time any undead would have spent in the human world is a brief moment before being whisked away to Halloween -- staying longer than this is right out for any character unless there is 1) a Damn Good Reason or 2) for Metaplot reasons. The human world = TiH's metaplot playground. We'd rather that players do NOT mention the human world at all given its secrecy.

In addition, no memories means no memories at all. Please see the Ghost subspecie guide and its section on Memory. That applies to Undead as well, however I haven't gotten around to rewriting that yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:49 pm
Oh man. ): So they can't even remember what it is to be a Komuso. (What about say, the death knight who is all about chivalry, would they be allowed to remember what being a knight is, the code of chivalry and all?) Well, this pretty much breaks Zen and makes them unusable. Is there really nothing that can be done about this issue? D'8

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:14 am
Your character is allowed to have the same personality they had in life. We -very- rarely mod and ask for changes regarding personality. As a ghost or undead, they just won't know the -reasons- and -history- that created that personality. They can retain strong emotional connections, and act on them, but not recall the actual reasons/situations behind them.

Not gonna lie, we are strict on this. A Damn Good Reason to persuade us had better be phenomenal. It should make me cry tears of joy and rapture that such a Damn Good Reason came into existence and that I have lived to see it's magnificent birth.

HOWEVER. Don't let this discourage you. Take a look at our recent Island meta event. Where nearly a hundred RPers played "blank" characters, that weren't allowed to ICly recall their pasts or even know what they looked like until their characters were dead and completely out of group play. They were all basically given even less to ICly play with than regular ghost and undead students, and managed to do...well, amazingly, really. So much so that well...

...you can blame them if we're even less lenient now than we were before.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:33 am
Ohh, I see. I was worried because I thought that knowledge that is incorporated into a personality still counts as memories. So even though Zen would not be able to recall where the proverb comes from, for instance, or even that it is a proverb, they would be able to instinctively refer to proverbs in their thoughts at the appropriate situations? And liek, if any proverbs refer to human world things like bamboo forests, those things might be substituted in Zen's mind by something more Halloweentown-ish.

I think this could work out after all. 8D

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm
SUDDEN PACH THOUGHT APPEARS;

So Invictus has the ability to manipulate gravity as expressed in the power write-up I was given. The thought occurred to me that black holes are caused by a relentless gravity. Does this mean that Invictus could, theoretically, cause small black holes? Or is this a no-go and I should stop giggling at the mental image? (Or perhaps it is something that only his father could do?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 pm
Small black holes strikes me as an EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME last-resort ability that the Leader of that particular clan can do. Regular gravity itself is really powerful on its own. imo, just causing a black hole has the risk of the castor him/herself getting drawn in and... whelp.

If that ever happens, Invictus would find himself with a sudden promotion. : D  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm
I actually have a dorm question for Pepin here,

Would it be appropriate/acceptable if she had basically an old laptop for a room or something where she literally lives in a digital space on her desktop? I mean it would ONLY be a dorm thing, she wouldn't carry it around/use it as a weapon/be able to hide in it from s**t but I think it'd be a pretty unique way to have her 'live'. (Visitors would log on and talk to her if she wasn't up to floating around that day)

The idea would be that this is a very special laptop that like.. she can only really live in it and no other electronic device since she doesn't get long term computer hax skills till later years.

If that's not okay then sweet that's fine, just an idea!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm
In the dorm descriptions, it says the Reaper dorms have a smithy in the back. How would a Reaper commonly use the smithy in relation to their FEAR summoned weapon?  

S a l l y S h e e p

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games