Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:08 pm
User Image
User Image

Who am I with? Ophelius, my coworkers...all of Hogwarts
How am I feeling? A little nervous, excited
On my mind? Oh god what have I gotten myself into

As the floating quill scratched out the last name of the year Zander sighed. They were done finally. Picking up the old hat he smiled. "Seems like I am brave enough to do this sort of thing eh?" He said softly to the had as he cradled it in his only arm. With a swish of his hand the stool popped into the hair behind him and floated gently behind him. Moving off the raised platform and out of the way, Ophelius following quietly behind him, Zander smiled. Sorting was finally done.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

((SORTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE AUGUST-SEPTEMBER SCHOOL YEAR. If I have missed you and you posted before this post PLEASE pm me in a polite manner and tell me who your student is and what page you were on. Things got a bit crazy there and hey I'm human I miss things. Thank you all!))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:15 pm
Ooc: Im guessing that means nobody can sort into houses for Aug. and Sept.? I just joined and created a fifth year character, so do I just choose my house or do the sorting hat?  

Starque

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Imperial Squabbles
Ooc: Im guessing that means nobody can sort into houses for Aug. and Sept.? I just joined and created a fifth year character, so do I just choose my house or do the sorting hat?

I'm sorry but no you may not be sorted. Also all new members must begin as a 1st year.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:52 pm
Just wondering, When does the next year start?  

Kaorini

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Who am I with? Ophelius, my coworkers...all of Hogwarts
How am I feeling? A little excited, relatively calm
On my mind? So much easier this time around

Here they were again. Once more the halls were filled, the staff present and the first years stood nervously awaiting their new home. With Ophleius at his side like always the young History of Magic professor made his way to the font of the hall. Behind him floated a old stool while cradled in his arm was the ancient hat that would decided the first years fate. Right now the Sorting hat was silent but he knew soon it would burst into song like it always did at the beginning of every year. Gently he waved the chair into position.

"When I call your name please come forward and take a seat on the stool. I will then place the Sorting Hat on your head. After it calls out your house you will go sit with your new housemates. Let's begin..." Zander's voice was calm and clear over the silence of the hall. With a flick of his wrist the list half unrolled and hung in the arm before the one armed man. Adjusting his glasses he called the first name out to the crowd of terrified first years. They were all so cute. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of people they would become.

As the small child took a seat on stool he smiled again. The hat stirred in his grasp as he shift to grip it by it's top. Settling it on the small head he found himself wondering just how that hat managed to fit every student who ever came to Hogwarts. Magic was such an amazing thing now wasn't it? Falling silent he waited along with the others for the new house to be called.

User Image
User Image
Sorting is now open

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

If Belle had tried to deny her fear before, she couldn't do the same any longer. She and Hildy had managed easily enough across the boats towards the castle, and even when presented with the gargoyle that stood to watch each passerby she had been fine. But now? She was nervous. She didn't know which house she wanted, she had never exerted much thought because despite what she wanted, she knew it wouldn't have mattered. The hat rarely decided to weigh an account according to the student, but, then again, she was rather biased. Standing at the front and center, Belle thrived in the center of attention with a blissful smile to light up her features. Now, all she could do was wait for her turn.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm -too much of something. I can be too bossy, too charming, too rude, too opinionated, too reckless, too snobby, too prideful, and most predominantly, too selfish. In truth, I'm rather obsessed with achieving perfection in every aspect of my life. I'm spoiled, I'll admit it, and I love to be the center of everyone's attention. I've never been denied anything in my life, and I don't imagine I'd take kindly if it should ever happen. I buy everything; my status, my belongings, my friends. I'll never forget who I am, though, or where I’ve come from, and although I may come across demanding to some and light-hearted to others, I'll always be fiercely loyal to my family. There is a part of me that humbly cares, but I have a burning determination to be the most renowned witch of my time, and I will do anything to get the power that I want.

Desires: Sorting Feast
Troubles: Classes

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Tipsie Fairy

Heart Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 pm
Fiona O'Connell

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
every aspect of a spoiled brat. Things have to go my way or I toss a fit. People wonder if I was raised eating off of a silver spoon, but honestly my parents don't but up with my bull (whatever that means). I'm also very loud but afraid of a lot of things. Despite my bad attitude, I can make friends very easily, because I'm very loyal and trustworthy (apparently).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:45 pm
Dana O'Connell

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
very intellectual, outgoing, and fun. Most adults think I'm bratty, only because what I like to do just so happens to get me in trouble. Hey, a girl's gotta entertain herself. I'm not very loud, or talkative, but when I start going you can't get me to stop. Since my sister is such a brat, she gets picked on a lot, and I don't like that. We are the same size, and we're both black belts, but she isn't one for violence. It just so happens I am, but only for defense for myself and loved ones.

Tipsie Fairy

Heart Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Yia was very enthusiastic about coming here to his new school. Though the boat ride made him a little seasick. He hated boats... He was eager to not only get sorted, but to eat at the feast!

He was quickly up the steps and waited with all the other students who had yet to enter the Great Hall. He stood close to Thomas, who seemed to have been dragged along with the eager First Year. He was really hoping to Gryffindor, so many good things heard about that. There were two houses he wanted to avoid at all costs, Slytherin and Ravenclaw. He's heard all the bad rumors about Slytherin, so naturally he didn't want to be sorted into it. Hopefully, being Muggle Born may guarantee his spot to be categorized somewhere else. Ravenclaw however was another story, Roi was in there and that put him to close to his almost-would-have-been murderer.

Once the teacher leading them was done explaining how Hogwarts worked he filed into the Great Hall with the other First Years, eagerly awaiting his name to be called.
User Image

Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm calm, brave, and smart. I think before I act and I hate people who enjoy causing trouble, at least, I hate people who cause trouble for their own sinister deeds. I enjoy causing a few pranks every now and then, but even then I don't go too far. Other times I will seem, feel, and be a little mischievous as the wheels in my head turn and just plain be a typical prankster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm
Asena Yive

Unlike most other first year Asena want nervous and was actualy excited. She knew the house she wanted, but if she didnt get it, then she would be fine with whatever one she got. The child went up quickly and smiled while putting on the hat that almost swallowed her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a wild child, who likes to get down and dirty. I act like one of the guys most of the time and likes to play a lot. Playing includes pranks, running round (I like to be active) and have a good time. My parents say I act like a wild cub, even though I'm human. Sometimes too much Despite this though, I am very intelligent and am able to get things very fast. I am also very loyal.  

Kaorini

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:21 pm
Hildy Balford-Nettlepot
Hogwarts Student: First Year, Unsorted
| Thoughts: This is it… | Rolf

User Image The numb feeling had built all during the journey from the station to the Great Hall. She and Belle had talked a little but the words slowly dropped off as everyone seemed to feel the moment growing heavy with expectation. The castle was more grand then she could have imagined as they slid across the impossibly still Black Lake. Her legs carried her up the many stairs to the front of the castle but as they entered the enormous doors, each step weighed heavier and she felt a slight tremble in the presence of such grandness.

The Balford estate was really something but she just felt like a passing visitor there, this was to be her home for the majority of the next seven years. This place of such history and mystery would rule her life and the people inside it could become friends or enemies. When she found herself walking slightly close to Belle she blushed and took a step away. Swallowing hard, her chin jutted out defiantly and she attempted to infuse a confidence that she didn’t quite feel in her gait. The old Hildy was afraid and timid, she wasn’t the same girl any longer.

She would be strong, she would be capable. She could make it on her own.

Her eyes narrowed as a man stepped forth with a tatty old hat and she gasped when it sprang into animated song, giggling a slight nervous laugh at her own surprise. One by one, students were called up and the Hat mused over their placing. The tables cheered as new members joined their ranks. Looking around the room, Hildy tried to find Chase at the Ravenclaw table but the mass of faces blinded her to individual identities and seemed too vast to consider.

As Hildy’s name was called, she plastered a look of cool indifference on her dark features and marched forward to the wobbly stool. ‘My da’s house. My da’s house. Please.’ Hildy chanted half to herself, half willing the hat but all of it half-hearted. She knew that it would make her da happy, but would she be happy there?

Would anything really make her happy these days?

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm] well suited to my last name, very prickly. I’m very emotional and upset easily. I am nice enough, though maybe not overly so. I used to be very composed and dependant on others, but since my mother's murder, I know that I have to become more independant and take charge, for my brother and myself. There is also a darkness inside me, a part that isn't concerned with the greater good or what is 'right' but more what I want/need/desire. This tragedy in my life has made me question all of my beliefs so I am currently somewhat confused and looking for direction. But I will find it for myself. I might not know where I'm going, but I won't be following anyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm
Devin Cloud- First year

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very hard working person. People say that I am a perfectionist, but I could take it easy on a task as well. I guess they say I am humorous and very friendly. I am not afraid to ask questions. In the classroom, he is quick-witted, studies hard, and strives to be the best. When playing sports, he is determined, and must be the best at what he does.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Devin walked into the Great Big Hall. He really was in awe about how immense the hall was. Well, to fit as many people as Hogwarts had contained, this hall should've been huge. Unlike a lot of the others, Devin was completely calm, and really was not nervous at all. He really did show a great liking of the many ornate decorations.  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:56 pm
User Image
Amelia Scott
Amelia walked to into the large room. She breathed deeply not thinking about all that depended on right now. "I think I'm going to be sick" she muttered quietly to herself. She was filled with shear terror. She didn't know why but everything seemed to depend on this. She prayed she wouldn't get put into Slytherin. She couldn't even stand to imagine what her mothers reaction would be if she was. Her mother had never taken kindly to the house.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I am smart, kind, and loving but I am also feisty, defiant, and strong willed. I will do most anything to get my own way and I will always protect people I care about. No matter the cost. I tend to do stupid things and run into situations without thinking it over.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 pm
User Image

█████████████████ ██████████████

Jeffery straightened his clothing as he walked into the great hall he was filled with excitement. He straightened and tried to look as refined as possible which was actually rather easy for the boy, unlike most boys his age , Jeffery was mature, and sophisticated and yes slightly, as his sisters put it, "girly" but he didn't mind. In fact he liked it. He smiled as he waited for his name to be called and have the chance to be sorted.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm shy but extremely intelligent. I always have my noise in a book. I do well in school and know the answer to any question I'm ask. I may be shy but I am willing to stand up for my friends and myself if I have to. I focus myself on logic and that is simply the way I run my life. I think things through and never rush in to anything.

ooc; outfit in side picture, music in bottom words.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR
Smart. Shy. Ladies Man.  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm
User Image
Trinity Wood
Trinity strolled into the great hall confidently. She had no doubt she would be put into Slytherin. She planned for this day her entire life. She knew that when that old hat was put on her head to would speak the words she longed to hear. She stared forward with a smirk on her face, it complimented her pale skin well.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mysterious, non-social, quiet, dark, cunning, and angered easily. People say that I look like I'm always planning something. I seems I can get anyone to do anything I want which makes thing easy, after all the only thing you need in this world is power. I am almost exactly like my mother. I am also described as rather dreary.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games