Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:05 am
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Unsorted ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia paused as the girl finally spoke. She really was nervous, and the crowd didn't seem to help much either. "Nice to meet you, Tris," she said. Tris seemed like she would be better off if left alone, but perhaps she was assuming too much. So, Yesenia tried to give the girl some room, while also not going too far away.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc: It's fine, I do that too. I also should have been a bit more patient.
So, sorry for posting in one place and going back to another.]
Bass the Rabbit Status

anbu_ninja_penguin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:01 am
Eleanora McKenny
Unsorted First Year

All the blood left Nora's face as the blond professor instructed the gaggle of first years to follow. Her freckles stood out starkly against her skin, giving her a peppered appearance - one she was well aware of, and rubbed her face to be bring a blush back. The chatter had briefly ceased with the words of the deputy head master, but as the line began to move, voices began picking up. She swiveled her head as her grey eyes scanned the nervous bunch, hoping to find another student just as alone as she was.

'This is probably because I was late...' she thought dryly, noticing that boat groups seemed to be sticking together. 'When my kids go here, they'll be the first ones on the train.' The crowd of first years wasn't frightening to Nora - she was much more terrified about what lay ahead. As she passes through the iron gates, she brushed a hand across the cool metal as a sort of reassurance. She was not the first, and not the last to wonder about their sorting future.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Amadeli

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 am
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house ______ ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

With Hayden at the Boathouse

User Image

Glaciers swam in his eyes as he skated over her lithe frame, though hidden underneath her robes, the boy had been in such frigid climates long enough to have gotten quite well at assessing what was underneath. Of course, his brothers were always so much better at it, than he. Still, thick tendons visibly flexed in sinewy arms, he was an odd combination of youth. Long limbed, lanky, but disciplined, and yet short, stout, and rounded in the cheeks and belly all at the same time. He wasn’t much taller than she was, actually, now that she stood at her full height by his side. Her skin felt cold compared to his, he realized (and also realized he still held her hand!) He dropped it though, quickly too, maybe she wouldn’t notice? But those eyes, he blinked. Was it a trick of the light? Maybe a jest of the darkness, they were so blue before, but now they glittered like emeralds. She’d said his name, and for the first time since he’d been in Scotland, he smiled. It was… almost adorable. (If it’d been too adorable, he might have felt the inclination to gag, but, then again…) Before he could answer her, his attention was stolen.

Is someone-? The thought erupted from the core of him, and icy eyes pivoted around. He’d almost caught gazes with a girl, the look on her face with her wrinkled nose, what did it mean? Not farther away, a splash distracted him. A young girl was plucked from the lakeside, her robes soaked, but that had been seen to quickly enough. It all seemed to happen so fast, too, the Headmaster, he’d seen his picture before but he couldn’t remember from where, had begun to lead them away. And then Sergio, who, seriously, where the hell did he even come from, had quipped up with some snot nosed remark. Yes, yes, Dmitri smirked, we all know your jealous. This time, he did clap, slow, sarcastic and cruel. ”Oh, congradulation’, you seenk zat all yourzelf?” The line seemed to be moving slowly, but luckily, they weren’t too many students ahead of them.

”Come, let uz go,” he gestured simply, a thick hand to lead her the way ahead of him. ”....Hope for best, yes, I alzo hope for best.

“My mаht waz Zlyferi’, yes?”
                          He blinked, he knew he wasn’t saying it right at all. It was just so damn hard to pronounce. ”Ahh, uhmm, Zlyferi’? Zlycheri’?” He paused again, this time, searching her eyes for help as he tried one last time, much more slowly. ”Zlee-der-een..?” He nodded hesitantly, that felt a bit better, right? Right?

We’re never who we say we are.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

La Lady Raven
Silver Eagle III

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm
User Image
User Image
Caught up in her own little conversation with Dmitri, Hayden hadn't realized that the line had been moving so quickly until her boat mate gestured for her to lead the way. As she caught up with the students ahead of her, she got her first look at the Deputy Headmaster. He wasn't at all what she had imagined, but it really made no difference to her at all.

Pivoting on her heel to face Dmitri again, she couldn't help but chuckle as the boy tried with much difficulty to pronounce his English properly. "I...I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say," she admitted at first, her tone still riddled with laughter. "Do you mean Slytherin?" Her question was polite, but playful all the same.

Before the Russian could reply, Hayden was prompted to enter the antechamber of the castle, and she was glad to realize that her confidence was still fully intact.

[[Exit to The Antechamber]]

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm
User Image

As darkness fell, a young woman slipped into the boathouse. She had no good reason to be there. She was not a professor, or for that matter a staff member. She had once been a student, but that seemed an eternity ago. No, the young woman had a purpose, but it was one that would stain the halls of the castle that promoted the acceptance of Mudbloods.

The runes had all done well enough. The unpure had been falling asleep, just as planned. Now, all that they had to do was to keep them from waking up, but with all the complications that seemed to be happening, that was looking harder and harder. They had lost what was probably one of the most important pieces to their plan, and they needed it back. That piece had to be in their possession, otherwise, the plan could go totally wrong. Then there were those girls. The ones that had gotten in the way and were now hidden from the rest of the world. After all, darkness never did well with a light shining on it.

For now, the girls would have to wait. They were being taken care of. They were out of the way. The woman needed to get the piece back, and she was certain that it was here. Maybe not in the boathouse, but it had to be here on the grounds. Where else could it have been taken? The Ministry seemed not to care what they were doing, but Hogwarts would. They were the target after all.

Casting a disilusionment charm over herself, the young woman started off toward the castle, her hopes high of finding what she needed to find.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 am
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Her boat was the first to slide into the boat house. She stepped out on to the docks and turned ready to help the young girl out and the boy as well if he required it. She watched all the students to ensure they got out safely and no one needed her attention."Alright listen up, please line up here and talk if you wish. Soon we will move to the castle for your sorting. So don't do anything you will regret." She added the last part hoping the young man and lady from before would not start fighting. Kat moved to stand at the bottom of the stairway waiting for the Deputy to show up and take them away.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((Out.Of.Cuddles.~ please just post until we give you further instructions.))  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 am
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire was an utter mess, her tear streaked face completely ruining her cold image she usually gave off.

She had spent the boat ride in ball huddled next to the keeper and as far away from the edges of the boat as possible.
Claire almost felt her heart give a jolt as the boat bumped into something, they were all going to die weren't they?
The squid would find them and tear them limb from limb.

Claire gulped as she took her chance and shakily looked up, they were across the lake?
The...the boat ride was done? She could get out now?

As soon as the boat reached the ground enough, Claire felt the adrenaline kick in as she rushed off the boat as quick as she could, scrambling for the nice lady who accompanied her and taking the hand so she could get as far away from the boat as possible.

When she felt she was safe, Claire detached her hand, looking up at the lady with a small broken smile, "Th-thanks..." Claire then shakily walked over to where students had started to line up, trying to compose herself.

Then...just as quickly as she broke down, Claire suddenly stilled as she passed straight from her true self into her facade.
Claire sometimes found it scary how fast she could close herself off from the world.

How fast she could mask her true emotions.

Claire then looked up and listened, her prior tear streaked face, now cold and showing no emotion whatsoever.
She was humiliated anyway, she showed such a pathetic and horribly weak side of herself. She could never forgive herself for that.

"..." Claire would just go on auto pilot.

My feelings? I'm utterly useless you know?
Precious thought of mine, "I will one day kill that pathetic me...drive her into the dirt and bury her forever."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:26 am
Staring up at the midnight Sky.
I wonder what it would be like to fly.
As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash clambered out of the boat. Nerves mixing with excitement. His left leg slipping off the deck and into the water before he righted himself and pulled it out of the icy black surface. But that didn't matter to him, he was magic! He would learn to be more magic! Maybe he could make it work with his music? Or Football? Or.. oh there where so many possibilities now! Of course the boy did not know that the use of magic in such public manners was illegal. As he stood there he was basically bouncing in his spot, one leg dripping lake water. "So, what is this sorting thing everyone is talking about?" he said as he looked around the boathouse. He smiled broadly as he waited for an answer. What is Hogwarts like? he thought excitedly.

Let Us Go: Boathouse :: Let's Forget the Pain: Nervous and Excited! :: Just us together: The Other First years! :: Forever together No one. Single! ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
And forget the pain that was around.
Just a view of the midnight sky.
And a simple question of why.
I set off and I fly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:36 am
User Image
                                                  All I know is just you're not here to say
                                                  What you always used to say
                                                  But it's written in the sky tonight
                                                  So I won't give up, no I won't break down
                                                  Sooner than it seems life turns around
                                                  And I will be strong even if it all goes wrong
                                                  When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
                                                  Someone's watching over me

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kayla climbed out of her boat. Bouncing on the balls of her feet the hyperactive girl was excited. It was then she heard a dark haired boy ask what sorting was. Her mouth dropped into an o shape and she stared. "You don't know about sorting? Oh! You must be muggleborn! Well Sorting is where they decide what House you'll be in at Hogwarts. According to my brother, its something done in front of the whole school. The results of it will put you somewhere you fit in best. Gryffindor is the Brave and Daring, Ravenclaw is for the Smart and Creative, Hufflepuff is for the Loyal and Friendly, and Slytherin is for the Ambitious and Cunning. Each House has it's own Dormitories somewhere in the Castle. And each has had famous Great Witches and Wizards." she said with a smile. "I'm hoping for Ravenclaw, like my Mum. But My Dad and Brother were Gryffindors, so I wouldn't mind that. Then again Tyler's wife was a Hufflepuff... Ah I don't know where I will end up!" she said giggling. I'm not gonna mention the hat though! I don't think first years are supposed to know. she thought as she looked out a window up at the castle.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

That I won't give up, no I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong even when it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
That someone's watching over, someone's watching over
Someone's watching over me, someone's watching over me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

The boathouse. Next the castle. Explanation of the sorting. The sorting. Then the feast. I think I am going to be sick...

David's stomach felt queasy, not because he got motion sick from the boats, he never had that problem, or even the Excedrin on an empty stomach, it was the idea of the sorting. He knew he had the cunning that could put him in Slytherin but he just wanted a quiet time to focus on academics, that is why he wanted Ravenclaw. He didn't want the games, even though he was good at it, he just wanted to focus on his studies. Of course meeting Kas and even Catharine he realized a couple friends wouldn't be so bad.

He got out of the boat, barely rocking it, a testament to the drilling in etiquette and posture his parents put him through, because even for rich Muggles that stuff was important. He turned and said, "Anyone else need help getting out? These boats are a bit rickity and it is a bit slippery. I'd hate for someone to fall in."

Even though he was still upset about the incident with Catharine he knew he needed to move on and still act like a gentleman.

StudiousDemoness
Greycast
Sukoshi Doku
Piera Touko

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 am
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -The short stop jolted him out of his not-too-safe musings as the boat scraped against the shore. "One step closer," he muttered, when he realized what had happened. They were on the other side of the lake. Getting up, Kas made to brush off his clothes when he remembered his fingers. Maybe things would be easier if he hadn't any fingers. It would go to his toes, and that would be good, because he could hide his toes. But what if it turned to his nose? He was always pale enough as it was when he missed a dose, he didn't need a frost-bitten nozzle to add to it either. Besides, it would clash with his hair. Getting up- - - and almost losing his balance, he should have been more careful there- - - Kas caught on to the last of David's sentence and shook his head. He smiled, though, so there'd be no offense.

Was he still upset about Catharine? There was no need to be- - - they'd make up soon, it wasn't all very seriously bad. Stepping lightly out of the vessel, Kas made his way nimbly to where David was now, before he looked around at his surroundings, immediately distracted.

Hopefully they'd be called up soon. He needed his potion now.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 am
The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rune all but launched herself off of the boat when it found land and happily planted her feet firmly on the ground. Still nauseous from the train ride the boat ride didn’t do her any favours but thankfully said ride was very smooth and calm. Rune straightened herself off and brushed some wrinkles out of her robes as she waited for the Deputy to come and pick everyone up. She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply, her face was less than joy filled but it had at least lost its agitated gloom that it once held. Rune cast her gaze upwards towards the school… or should she say castle? It looked much more like the former to her, but hey… if they wanted to call a castle a school then who was she to stop them? After she got a good look at the building that she was going to be staying in for however long she was going to attend, she let her gaze fall towards her peers. She had managed to place her stoic mask back onto her face by the time that she looked around and tried to study a few of these students as their boats were arriving. She stayed by herself for the most part, she didn’t see any need mingle with those gathered. She noted that a few of them were already starting to make acquaintanceships with each other, small packs of students had formed and separated from the overall larger group of kids that had come here. Rune’s eyes hardened as she watched them.
What a waste of time.
What was the point of having others around? People left, emotions drove others away, people just… moved on with life only to leave those they once called friend behind. What was the point of even making them? Rune was more than happy being the lone wolf, she didn’t want friends… she didn’t need friends. She wasn’t quiet at the point in her mentality that she looked down her noses at those people who chose to make friends with others, but she was close. She wondered if there was any point to these friendships that were being struck up or if it was just a tank of sharks circling each other to n** and snap to test boundaries and try and find weaknesses among their peers. It wouldn’t surprise her, there seemed to be a lot of secret division and hostility between the so called ‘Pure-bloods’ and the ‘Muggleborn’.
God Rune hated that word… Muggle… it sounded so derogatory…
Rune fancied herself above such things such as elitist socialism and petty politics and power struggles of others that were more than likely to be here. Rune was here for magic, to learn, master and maybe even invent, but she had absolutely no interest in the other students. She wanted to keep them away, she needed them to stay well enough away from her and just let her be… it was just… safer that way.

Rune rolled her eyes around the faces of the students once more before returning them to the school that they were going to be attending then up to the sky. Rune could be patient, and she would demonstrate that while she waited for the next person to come and fetch them for this sorting ceremony. Part of Rune wondered what this ceremony was going to be or what it entailed? It was a school of witchcraft… maybe it was something superstitious in nature? Dropping a broom and depending on how it landed would indicate which of these so-called ‘great’ houses you were placed into. She knew little to nothing about the houses and quite frankly she didn’t care, but supposedly they were a huge deal. Just mindless sorting in her opinion… then again maybe all boarding schools were like this, she had never gone to one herself but she had heard that Universities and the like had something like that, perhaps it was something similar? Oh well, like it or not, Rune was going to be finding out soon enough, she supposed.

House of:
Thoughts: Hmmm.... questions, questions, questions....
Feelings: Anti-social
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:56 am
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

As she stepped out of her boat she was still trying to make her robe look perfect. She had no idea where the stupid dirt came from and there was no telling what all she could catch out here. As she still tried to make sure she looked presentable she made herself secluded from all of the other first years. Right now she was in cleaning mode and couldn't get out of it. "Why was dirt even created,"she sighed as she got the last spec of dirt off her robes. Her face went bright as she was proud of herself and her cleaning abilities.

When she finally finished she walked over to the others, staying away from the Joshua boy and looked at everyone else. She decided that if someone wanted to talk to her they had to come to her. If not she would just wait until after sorting and meet everyone in her house.

======================
Location: The Boathouse || Thoughts: I am CLEAN!! || Company: All of the first years || Crush: No One
======================
Outfit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

The sound of footsteps approached the boathouse, coming down the stairs that led to the castle. A blond man with brilliant green eyes appears, his robes of emerald hanging about his thin build. "Hello, First years. I am Professor Lukas Brighton, I am the deputy Headmaster." he said as he looked at the group. I seem to be a bit early. he said noting how many were still in the boats or climbing out. "I will be taking you from here. Just follow me as you are ready. I'll go slow for those still in the boats." he turned and smiled at Kat before beginning up the stairs. Pausing to allow the first years to follow.

(( Next Post Here ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire's usually sweet if fake demeanor was completely discarded as she gazed icily at the rest of the students who had gathered in the boathouse.
Her mind was on autopilot, she didn't even want to deal with anything after showing such a vulnerable side of herself.

Vulnerability meant weakness.
Weakness was pathetic.

Watching a blond man with bright green eyes approach the group of first years, Claire frowned.
It was time to move then? So they would be sorted...now.

Allowing herself some time to assess everything as she listened to the professor, Claire sighed as she followed him up the stairs.
"..."

My feelings? I'm cold you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Time to sort then?"
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "Exiting to antechamber..." Out of character.

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games