Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 pm
User Image
User Image
Fifth YearHufflepuffSeekerVice Captain

Ariana felt her heart jump into her throat when Katrina asked Arthur if they could stop by her house first, and he stopped dead in his tracks. Oh no! Kat, there's no time, and now you made your father mad at me! she wanted to shout, though she didn't, of course. Ariana could feel her eyes start to hurt because tears were welling up behind them; however, she did a good job of keeping them from pouring out. When Arthur asked if she wanted to say goodbye to her parents, the girl nodded her head vigorously. "Yes, please," she said simply, making eye contact with her girlfriend's dad.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Format by MissMoony13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 pm
User Image
User Image

HufflepuffFifth YearHufflepuffThe Girl I Love
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Arthur smiled when Ariana responded positively. "Sure thing sweetheart," he said, hopefully dispelling her doubts. Katrina smiled and kissed Ariana on the cheek. "Yay! Then I can say hi to your mom and dad too! And Joey!" She beamed as was practically bouncing in place, suddenly incredibly hyper and happy.
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Format lovingly made by MissMoony13 <3

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 am
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Fourth Year // Location // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Dominic
CURRENTLY FEELING // Relieved
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Thank God I'm not going home with my mother...'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien found Dominic already outside on the Platform, looking for he assumed either himself or whichever of his parents was supposed to pick them up from the station. He approached his friend with an easy smile. Since his encounter with Marina, he'd done little but think about how messed up their situation was, and wonder about how he would handle it, who he would choose. But today, all such worries were in the back of his mind. He was far to happy that he'd be spending the Summer with his friend rather than having to spend it in his room, hiding from his insufferable and horrible mother. The more and more he'd thought about his childhood, the more he'd become convinced that it was actually her who'd made him so awful. His father might not be overly open-minded, but he was certainly kind enough to accept that other people existed and not begrudge them for it. His mother, on the other hand, seemed to sneer at every breath taken by anyone who wasn't of pure magical blood. Something that had started to annoy Damien. He sighed a little at the thought, then brought his mind back to the present, and to going home with Dom. He really was elated, though he would have liked to have seen his father before leaving for the Summer. He wondered if anything from home had been sent for him. "Any idea who's supposed to be picking us up? Or what we'll be doing this Summer?"

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Ancient Studies I, Mythology I Tuesday: Wizard Law Wednesday: Defense III, Astronomy III Thursday: Transfiguration III Friday: History III, Alchemy I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Ariana's eyes dried quickly when Arthur responded kindly, and her almost frowning lips turned into a pleased smile. She was about to walk ahead of everyone and lead the way until she felt a pair of soft lips brushed against her cheek. A light pink tint ignited from them right away, and the redhead smiled wider. Her teeth were still hidden inside her mouth, though. "Yeah! They would love to see you! I just don't know when they'll all be home tonight," she admitted. Joey and her father both work for the ministry, but she wasn't sure if they have received the day off or not since neither one of them was coming to pick Ariana up from the station. Her mother, on the other hand, was working for sure. Since she was a muggle, there was a very low chance that she would get today off. No one she worked with knew that her precious little daughter attended a school for beings with magical abilities. They just thought she went to some boarding school. I hope they're home right now. The girl imagined that Katrina's parents would take them to Ariana's house now, then back to their place in the evening.

Format by MissMoony13

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic had been spotted before he could spot Damien, and before he knew it, his friend has gathered up on his side and the Montague gave him a light hearted grin. He shrugged at first, he really hadn’t thought about what they’d be doing the summer. He was used to just spending hours outside playing quidditch, seeing his cousin and, well, playing quidditch—hell, there wasn’t much of his summer that didn’t consist of the sport. But, maybe this time, he could actually socialize, maybe learn not to come off as such a prat all the time… ”Bloody hell if I know, I figure we’ll just wing it.

“If we get bored, we can always go check out Diagon Alley—blimey, maybe Knockturn Alley will have somethin’ of interest, I don’t think I’ve ever been down there before…”
He realized all of a sudden, after all, he’d always been too young to go to Diagon Alley by himself, but if Damien was with him, they’d probably let them go through the floo network by themselves. ”Besides,

“Have you got any better ideas?”
He jested with a wicked grin on his lips, just then in the distance, he spotted his father. Which was odd, his father had never came to pick him up before, but since he was there when they all went to meet at The Leaky Cauldron, he figured it’d probably just been easier that way. ”There’s my da’,” Dominic pointed through the crowd of witches and wizards making their way around the great red train.
╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 171lbs ☣ Age: 14
Platform 9 ¾
╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

User Image

𝖀nspeakable 𝕮harles 𝕸ontague
𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕯𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖒𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘

”Ah, there you are boys,” Charles deep voice echoed in the train station as he crossed the short distance that separated them. Stern lines of visible fatigue and strain were evident on his features as he offered a waning and tired smile, motioning for the pair to gather their school belongings together and to come together. After all, he hated muggle automobiles and transport, and flying from here simply wasn’t an option. ”If you will, we’ll be apparating home, much quicker that way.” He explained.

”But mum always used to take the train, she said it was less suspicious,” Dominic intervened, even as he gathered his trunk together and hauled it to his side.

”You know your mother hates apparation,” Charles smiled mirthfully as he nodded to Damien. ”It’s good to see you again Damien, I hope you don’t mind apparating too much?”

╔══════════════╗
Height: 5'9” ♞ Weight: 179lbs ♞ Age: 52
Platform 9 ¾
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Fourth Year // Location // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Dominic
CURRENTLY FEELING // Relieved
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Thank God I'm not going home with my mother...'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving

User Image

Damien listened as Dom offered up suggestions... or rather, his lack of them. Winging it? Damien supposed that made as much sense as anything else. He knew Dom would likely want to play some Quidditch; he'd always been a bit against sports, but it didn't mean he couldn't try. He'd decided on the train ride that he would be doing things he didn't generally do this summer. After remembering the summer he and Adalaide had been friends, he'd realized that he'd spent most of that summer doing things he generally had been taught (by his mother, no less) were uncouth, such as running about and digging in the garden. That logic had always been why he wasn't interested in Quidditch; perhaps if he suspended that ideology, he'd enjoy it. As for Diagon and Knockturn Alley, he seemed to recall that both destinations were ones that his fellow students seemed fond of when considering mischief. He could certainly try to have fun, for once. "Sounds good to me; I've been to Knockturn Alley before, but always with my mother, so it was pretty boring." His mother had taken him into what he assumed were Dark Magic shops, and not let him stray from her side for even a moment. He'd never gotten to look around or anything, just stand there and listen to her speak in code as she attempted to purchase things that he was still fairly certain were illegal.

When Dom's father arrived, Damien gave him a polite smile and a small head inclination, reminiscent of a small bow. A bit cheesy, perhaps, but still proper and appropriate. He always reverted to such things when around adults he found intimidating. As nice as Dominic's father seemed, he was still rather imposing. "Hello, sir," he said. When Dom seemed to be opposed to apparating, Damien quirked his eyebrows. Did he not like travelling that way? When Charles asked Damien how he felt about it, Damien shook his head. "It's the only way my family travels at all," he answered. His father was of the opinion that it was the only proper way for a wizard to travel, and his mother... well, she'd never choose a method that might ruin her appearance. She was far too shallow and self-important to risk that she might be seen looking less than perfect.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Ancient Studies I, Mythology I Tuesday: Wizard Law Wednesday: Defense III, Astronomy III Thursday: Transfiguration III Friday: History III, Alchemy I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:32 pm
La Famille Montague

Slytherin Dominic Montague
Unspeakable Charles Montague

Fourth Year, Slytherin Beater
Head of Deptarment of Mysteries

User Image User Image

Dominic shrugged, it wasn’t as though he really minded—okay, that was total rubbish. He hated apparating, it was nothing like flying, he always felt suffocated and claustrophobic, like the world was crashing down on him and the only he could do was just… well… fall. As much as his mother hated to admit it, she hated to travel by apparation too, and she never much fancied the ashes that got on her robes from floo (neither did he) and it was always fairly pleasant to ride in the train when expenses were nothing to be quarreled over… But it wasn’t like the young boy was really going to say anything about it anyway.

”Splendid,” Charles was quick to nod his head, appreciative of the fact that that was one less to worry about—after all, he was the only one in his bloody family that didn’t mind it either way. ”I do believe your parents had mentioned shipping a few of your belongings, so there’s not much need to worry.” He mentioned as he held out his arm for each lad to take a grasp of before taking a second long glance at the harbored red train and then apparating away.

Exit to Montague Castle?
╔══════════════╗
Charles Montague is Platform 9 ¾
Dominic Montague is Platform 9 ¾
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm
User Image
User Image

HufflepuffFifth YearHufflepuffThe Girl I Love
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Katrina giggled when Ariana blushed and took her girlfriend's hand in her own. She couldn't be happier right now. She had a loving family and a wonderful girlfriend. Everything was going right for her. "Let's go then!"
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Format lovingly made by MissMoony13 <3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: Exit))

Ariana interlaced her fingers with Katrina's when the brunette took her hand. She rubbed her thumb slowly against the back smooth, silky skin on the back of her girlfriend's hand. In comparison to the redhead's hand, Kat's was very warm. "Okay," she said, adding a nod the second she said the word. The couple followed Arthur, who had been pushing the cart filled with the students' luggage, and Gwyn. Happy that she was going to see her family before going away to China for two weeks, the fourteen year old hummed a soft tune. It was the chorus to a song she had been working on for the past little while.

Format by MissMoony13

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 pm
User Image User Image
MugglebornSingleGryffindorFourth Year

Caitlin pushed her trolley through the wall, before moving out of the way so she didn't get hit. She looked around, hoping some what hoping Gracie was there. Cait ran her fingers through her hair, again looking around. She had actually been walked further than the parking lot this year. Nathan walked her all the way to the platform and insisted on coming with her all the way to the train, but she declined, he still didn't know she was a witch or about the Wizarding World. She didn't think it would be appropriate to tell him yet, before he could believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

The Tarot Family

Finally, it was time for the Tarot children to board the Hogwarts Express, Yvette to be returning for her second year, and Edajin for the very first time. Smiling, Yvette clung to her father's shoulders in a tight hug while he chuckled and kissed the side of your head. "Be good, and learn much.. Look after Edajin, will you? Make sure that he stays out of trouble.. I will miss you." Nodding with bright eyes, she then turned to her mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek and a hug, then steps toward the platform to wait for her brother.

Edajin stands quietly before his father, who rests a big hand on his head with a small smile. ".. You will learn so much, and I hope you will make many new friends.. Don't forget to enjoy yourself, and do your best." Swallowing a bit, Edajin nods quietly.. giving his father a silent hug before turning with Yvette to board the train. It was time for a new year.. and one that, Edajin hoped, would be a good one.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:17 pm
Storming through the party like my name was El Niño
When I'm hangin' out drinking in the back of an El Camino
As a kid, was a skid and no one knew me by name.
I trashed my own house party ‘cause nobody came.
Cause we like having fun at other peoples expense and,
Cutting people down is just a minor offence then,
It's none of your concern, I guess I'll never learn.
I'm sick of being told to wait my turn.
𝕮hristian 𝕭arrett

User Image

𝕮rash
𝔘nsorted 𝔉irst 𝔜ear

Crash stormed through the train station, flying past the witches and wizards as he cruised on his skateboard after finally dismissing the school governor that had brought him here. He didn’t care much for formalities, or rules, or, well, anything that had to do with authority. He grinned as he kneeled down on his board and weaved through crowds, pushing his cart in front of him with his school trunk in it.

There were so many people; he didn’t even know where to begin! He blinked and his soft chocolate eyes roamed around easily picking out the other kids that he assumed to be his age. Everyone was dressed so funny, he realized. The parents almost all seemed to be wearing cloaks and robes, or bright purple and greens. Were there really this many witches and wizards?

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5ft 4in Weight: 125lbs Age: 11
Platform 9 ¾
Skating on my board
Come At Me Bro
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm
User ImageUser Image 
Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Wearing
Volare
Olyvia Wearing

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle quietly led Olyvia through the brick wall and onto the platform. She was glad that no one else was there to run the shop and thus Vincent couldn't come with. It was at least one good thing. She stopped her trolley and glanced at Olyvia, smiling just slightly at her little sister, and holding back a wince as she realized it hurt to smile. Carefully she lifted a finger to trace the yellowing and healing bruise around her left eye, and then the dark one lower down on her cheek. Both were semi-covered in pale makeup. She rolled her shoulders and dropped her hand down. It didn't matter. None of it mattered. She was back to Hogwarts, and this time Olyvia was safe and sound at her side. She rolled her shoulders, assessing the damage across her body, trying to figure out where she would have to be careful in order to not get hurt by the crowds that would soon be forming on the platform. Her lower back was covered in a almost healed yellow bruise while overlapping it and leading up to her shoulders was a dark painful bruise she had only gotten yesterday.

¤¤¤¤¤¤That one she remembered distinctly. Before Volare, almost her entire back had been ripped open when Vincent had thrown her over the railing of the deck and onto the rocks below. Now it was just a painful bruise to remind her. She hadn't even done anything that time. Olyvia had made her promise to be good. She had spoken back to the bloody man or declined him anything and still he went after her. She pursed her lips and nodded. She took it all with out any tears or outbursts, because she had promised Olyvia and because she knew the only reason she took all of his s**t, was for her beloved little sister. "Come on Lyv." She said, pushing the trolley forward and leading the younger blonde through the crowd towards the train. As she walked a slight twinge as her knee bumped against the rolling cart, reminded her once again why she stayed. A week ago she had come home to find Vincent moving towards Olyvia with that look in his eyes. She was lucky she had come home right then. She was able to step infront of the younger girl and take the hits herself. She would never, as long as she was alive, let that man hurt her baby sister. Never. Quietly she stopped and glanced around the platform, wondering if Ada was there yet.

¤¤¤¤¤¤Olyvia stopped next to her sister, looking around in wonder. She was so excited to be going to school finally, and she was glad to be able to get away from her home and be able to make sure her big sister was away from there too. She blinked up at Michelle with a bright smile. "Mitchy! This is so cool. You won't be mad no matter where I'm sorted right?" She asked with a bit of worry. Her worry disappeared when her sister smiled gently at her and she returned to looking everywhere around her in total awe. She hoped she made a billion friends and made good grades and could do everything well.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageXUser Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do
The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it
Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The hustle and bustle of the train station was almost unbearable. Loud whistles, shouting crowds, and worst of all, hardly any elbow room. In the midst of all this insanity, a young girl pushed a large cart loaded down with a trunk and a cat carrier. The girl, no bigger than five foot high, with medium length brown and striking blue eyes, struggled to push her cart along, but managed it until she reached her platform. An old woman, who had been following the girl, came up beside her, a proud smile on her face. "Ready to go through, Anna?" the woman asked. The girl, Anna, nodded. "Yes, Grandma. I can do this by myself this year. Promise." she replied, even crossing her heart for good measure. The woman brushed the girl's hair back behind her ear, and kissed her temple. Such a headstrong young thing she was, this girl. "Alright. I'll be at the castle in a few hours. Take care, dear, and don't get into trouble." Annabeth nodded again, and kissed her grandmother on the cheek. Deep breath. Focus. She pushed her cart as hard as she could, ran straight at the wall, and merged through onto the platform. Once there, the old woman went on her way, back to her home to finish her packing. On Platform 9 and 3/4, the girl looked around, searching for, well, no one in particular. She spotted a girl from her house, an older student by the name of Caitlin Engels. 'Does she know me? I know of her, but then again, I know of everyone. I wonder if she knows my name...?' Pushing her cart over to the train, Anna retrieved her backpack and her kitten. The tiny ball of fur crawled into said backpack and curled up for a nap. Set for the train ride to Hogwarts, the twelve year old walked up to the Caitlin girl, offering her friendliest smile and a small wave in greeting. "Hi, Caitlin. Do you remember me?" she asked, brushing a chocolate lock from her face. If she didn't, that was fine, but if she did, that was fine too. Honestly, with everything that went on last term with this fourth year girl, Anna would be surprised if she ever noticed the younger girl, always watching silently from the shadows, scribbling in her notebook from time to time. Most of the time, Annabeth was just that, a shadow.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow
We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead
If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games