Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora jotted a quick note on Edric’s suggestions in her manuscript book, next to her notes on Waddiwasi. Patience and Concentration. She could definitely do that! And it sounded like if she was going to practice with just one item at first anyways she should focus on putting force behind that one. Multiple objects would come later.

She smiled in support when Edric started the club and turned around with renewed enthusiasm to Cassidy--of course! We’re in the same year!-- once the pairs were announced. ”Sounds good! Cassidy, shall we take that space on the other side of the fountain?” she gestured, intending to make full use of the space available. She wasn’t sure of her peer’s experience with dueling and welcomed any conversation beforehand, but was also excited to duel someone new.

Sonora had decided she needed to react faster and be more strategic with her dueling. The reaction time thing she was sure would improve with experience--that seemed to be the way with Quidditch anyways. And strategy--well, she had a few ideas, the first of which she’d started in Defense Against the Darks Arts in the challenge to disarm Professor Cohen. Well here was a chance to try again!

Taking a stance a few paces away, she raised her wand and bowed to Cassidy to signal the start of the duel. As soon as she was sure her opponent was ready, she took careful aim and fired off her own opening spell: ”Rictusempra!”

Ezzy ze Ninja

EmrysStorm

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:05 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny hoped he wasn't too late. He could've joined last year but he felt too inexperienced to really do much, now he had a good arsenal. Sure he had a bit of a natural resistance but that just meant he could help people practice. Aeryn seemed grumpy since she learned her brother Cian had landed prefect, Vice Captain and Head of Music Club. Vinny wouldn't want that amount of responsibility, but as it was bothering his best friend he wanted to cheer her up. What better way than violence? Upon entering it did appear they were late. "Oh! Sorry, we're late can we still join in?" Vinny said sheepishly when they entered. He felt bad they were interrupting

Vincent Cloutier of House Slytherin

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Essy ze Ninja
                                                                            Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dueling Club
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Dueling Club
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish I'd never opened the mail

Despite her original plan of secluding herself in the common room for the day, Aeryn was out and about, albeit grumpily. She was following Vinny to one of the classrooms, where dueling club was supposed to meet. It was better than staring at the letter she'd gotten from her parents asking about school. It just wasn't fair, that Cian would have tons to write about, but the best she had was a halfhearted "I'm not failing anything". She figured her parents would be disappointed in her, thinking her a failure to her brother's successes. It had been about then that Vinny had found her, all curled up on the comfiest chair in the common room. Luckily, he seemed to know what to do. Because of that, Aeryn was now following her tall friend toward dueling. Once there, he spoke up, while she crossed her arms over her chest, frowning slightly.

Aeryn Quinlan of House Slytherin

Kungfudemoness

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:01 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═════════════════════════╗
                                              Jordan Scheer
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Reserve Chaser
                                              ╚═════════════════════════╝

Jordan was excited to join the duelling club. He promised himself that this would be the year that he got a little more involved around school – he rejoined the Quidditch team (even if he was only a reserve), and now he was going to join this club, too. The thirteen year old spotted a very familiar redhead, but it looked like he was a little late as she was about to duel their classmate Sonora. On the bright side, the Hufflepuff wasn’t the only one who was late. Standing beside him were two of his other classmates, Vincent and Aeryn. Jordan stayed quiet, waiting for Edric to answer Vincent’s question.

Jordan Scheer of House Hufflepuff

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

When you see my f a c e, I hope it gives you hell
                                              When you w a l k my way, I hope it gives you hell

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm
Spendin' the money that we don't have
'Cause we don't care, no-oh!
Livin' like kings with broken strings
And face down to the floor.
User Image
User Image

MυɠɠʅҽႦσɾɳ 🔥 Gɾყϝϝιɳԃσɾ Tԋιɾԃ Yҽαɾ 🔥 ƜιƖɗ ƇнιƖɗ

"Oh righ'! I's Cassidy, though I mos'ly go by Cassie. An' thanks!" Cassie beamed happily introducing herself and listening in on the discussion. Sona's thoughts on the waddiwasi charm being able to propel someone one sounded pretty amazing and she wondered if she wouldn't mind a willing test subject. At least she'd be doing something cool for knowledge and not out of boredom, her mum couldn't yell at her for that! Soon enough though it was time to actually duel and she eagerly joined Sona by the fountain and took her stance. When they were both ready, Sona fired first with a tickling spell that Cassie barely managed to move out the way of completely forgetting about casting a protego. She'd need to get better at this! "Locomotor mortis!" Cassie shot back.

Livin' with our headphones up.
(Ooh, ooh)
We got sound and that's enough.
(Ooh, ooh)
Nobody can touch us,
And we run and we run and we run!

{Wearing: Shorts, t-shirt, sneakers} {Where: Fountain} {With: Sona} {Thoughts: Finally doing this!}
User Image
addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:37 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Locomotor...?-- Mortis of course! Sonora had stepped back when she heard the first part, intending to dodge whatever Cassidy was levitating, maybe cast a Finite to thwart her. She barely managed to scramble to the side when she realized it wasn’t a levitating spell but the Leg-Locker Curse.

She stumbled away at the last second but her legs snapped together before she get properly out of the way. There was no time to ponder that now. What was the better strategy here, go for a body impairment like Cassidy had or distract and batter?

”Expelliarmus!” she cried, trying to buy herself time to free her legs. ”Finite.”

She didn’t dare assume the Expelliarmus would distract Cassidy for long and scampered to the side as soon as she was free, hoping to throw her opponent’s aim off for whatever spell landed next.

EmrysStorm

♫♪

addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC.NOTT _____._
Fifth Year, Hufflepuffxxxx.
Dueling Club Captain xxxx

════════════════════ __

Edric watched as Sonora and Cassidy moved to the other side of the fountain to stake out territory for their first duel of the year. Now only he and Katya were left. Directing Katya with his yew wand in hand, he crossed through the dewy grass and paused at the sound of echoing footsteps. Entering the courtyard was another band of students, third and fourth years, if Edric had to guess--well, except for maybe that seventh year?--Edric had to crane his head back to look up at the bloke. He must be that half-giant everyone talked about a few years ago. ”No, you’re right on time, we were just about to start dueling. Just uh… make sure you’re signed in… and we can get started..”

Edric spun back to Katya with a quick apology; their duel would have to wait for now, maybe. With a quick headcount, he realized someone would have to sit out and watch. Once he was sure he had a sign-in sheet for every person, he faced the new group and said, ”Righ’ then, since this is all your first time here, we’ll go over the rules. First, don’t be an arse. Don’t use spells that are going to send someone straight to the Hospital Wing; tha’ includes fire spells, exploding spells, and the like. I keep healing potions stocked but I can’t do much if you diffindo someone’s arm off, alrigh? Second, don’t forget your manners when dueling. You start every duel with a bow, get in your stance, then at the start of three, start dueling. Duels are magic only, so no fist-fighting when things don’t start going your way. In our club, we don’t use seconds. If you don’t know, in a full-on wizards duel, you can choose a ‘second’ who takes over for you if you die--don’t worry, that’s very rarely ever the case anymore. Most duels are regulated in competitions….

“So, with that all out of the way now, the only thing that’s left is to decide who’s dueling who. Since there’s three of you, someone is going to have to duel either me or Katya. I’ll let you decide for yourselves.”

【WHEN:: Dueling Club: First Meeting, 2044
【WHERE:: Clocktower Courtyard
【WITH WHO:: Katya, Vincent, Aeryn, Jordan

[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

[OOC: Sorry for the wait, my laptop freaked out on me this weekend and it’s all corrupted now. ]

Kungfudemoness
Miss GryffindorK
kiska166
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:23 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

Vinny smelt danger in the option to duel Katya. He knew Areyn's opinion on her brothers girlfriend. And he didn't want to see Aeryn get the boot from dueling club first day. Besides blasting spells at friends can be fun too. Sire she might be miffed but she can take a it out on spells. He could take it expecilly for Aeryn. "Me and Aeryn here can partner up. " Vinny said filling out a form. He piped up before Aeryn's war cry of choosing Katya could sound. He liked she was fiery but that can backfire sometimes. His on snark had gotten a stern look before from teachers. Though lately his size alone was a good bully deterant. At least it good for something right?

Vincent Cloutier of House Slytherin

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

kiska166
                                                                            Essy ze Ninja
                                                                            Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Spendin' the money that we don't have
'Cause we don't care, no-oh!
Livin' like kings with broken strings
And face down to the floor.
User Image
User Image

MυɠɠʅҽႦσɾɳ 🔥 Gɾყϝϝιɳԃσɾ Tԋιɾԃ Yҽαɾ 🔥 ƜιƖɗ ƇнιƖɗ

Cassie grinned as her spell hit and Sona wint down, though wincing because she hoped the other girl wasn't hurt too badly, and was about disarm her when she spoke first. She just barely managed to move out the way of that one and noticed her opponent had already gotten free of her first spell. This was going better than she'd expected! Quickly she tried to come up with a new plan and when she did she smirked hopeful it could work. But first she would have to distract Son. "Avis!" Cassie shot a bunch of pigeons out of her wand towards the other and when she thought the girl was properly distracted she cast an "Corpus leviosa!" aimed towards her feet.

Livin' with our headphones up.
(Ooh, ooh)
We got sound and that's enough.
(Ooh, ooh)
Nobody can touch us,
And we run and we run and we run!

{Wearing: Shorts, t-shirt, sneakers} {Where: Fountain} {With: Sona} {Thoughts: Finally doing this!} {OOC: Finite works with every spell that doesn't have an exact counter so you're fine!}
User Image
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm
User Image
                                              Jordan Scheer
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Reserve Chaser

Jordan felt a little intimidated when he was left to duel one of the older kids. He vaguely knew of both Edric and Katya, but only because they were in the same house. The third year narrowed his eyes and looked over at the half giant, feeling slightly betrayed that he had chosen Aeryn for his opponent even though he knew they were good friends and Jordan was just a classmate. Green eyes darted back up at Edric. "I guess that'll be me," he piped up. At least the rules were easy enough to follow, so it wasn't like he would do anything that could not only kick him from the club, but also make him look like a fool in front of the older students.

Jordan Scheer of House Hufflepuff

Essy ze Ninja
Graydon Ironshield
Miss GryffindorK
Kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:34 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sonora had barely looked up when she got a faceful of pigeon feathers in her face. Coughing and hacking, she threw her other arm up in a weak defense against the pigeons. She briefly entertained the idea of throwing an incendio into or a sparks up in the air to scatter the pigeons away but she didn’t want to actually hurt the poor birds. Instead, she did her best to aim through the thicket of feathers. ”Vox Dementis!”

The first spell hit a pigeon. Sona was about to try again when her ankles suddenly yanked forward. She knew immediately which spell it was, even if she hadn’t heard the initial cast. Even hanging upside down she took careful aim at Cassie for one last-ditch effort for once the pigeon cloud had cleared: ”Expelliarmus!”

EmrysStorm

♫♪

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:42 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

seventh year || Ravenclaw Head Girl || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch seeker || Dueling Club captain

Sonora headed downstairs to the Clocktower Courtyard early directly after her 7th block, the training dummies floating behind her. Club didn’t start for an hour, but after some careful planning, Sona figured she could set up early and so some practical spell studying either alone or with friends before club officially started. She still had her uniform on because she had a late evening class, but had swapped her robe with the Prefect and Head Girl badges on it this year for her favorite bright green windbreaker and a Ravenclaw scarf-- deliberate choices to appear more welcoming for younger students.

For now, she unclipped the charm on her bracelet and drew her wand. A simple review: ”Waddiwasi--Engorgio--Avifors!” After checking that she had, as precisely intended, created a great blue heron, she reverted the heron and turned to the training dummy to drill a spell set she was having some complications controlling--or not controlling: ”Aguamenti--Glacius--Frango Frigus.” A stream of water rushed out, froze into ice, and then quickly broke apart again. But the breaking apart happened within a very small area, not enough to be damaging as a dueling spell. ”Glacius...Frango Frigus!” Wandless, it was barely a puff, more like melting immediately than shattering.

Shortly before club was supposed to actually start, Sona grabbed the club forms from her bag, transfigured a charm into a table, and sat cross-legged nearby, practicing a wandless levitation on another charm.

Feel free to assume she stops to greet anyone!

”QUOTING”

It's the story of my life, but you're my everything
so call my name!
I just wanna' play around,
your head's up in the clouds, you're like a shining star!
I just wanna' love your pain.
The scars that never fade, they make you who you are

♫♪
"Zenzenzense"by RADWIMPS, cover by Akane Sasu Sora

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:01 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Jordan Scheer
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Hufflepuff - Chaser
                                              ╚══════════════════════════╝

Jordan made his way to the Clocktower Courtyard for the first Dueling Club meeting of the year. He was looking forward to it – it had helped him immensely with his spell-work. However, his wand was already a pretty ideal wand for curses and jinxes, so maybe not all of the credit for his good grades came from this one club. “Hey, Sonora,” he said softly, watching his classmate levitate a charm. Jordan could tell she was quite focused on her magic, so he silently took a form and began filling it out. Besides, he didn't really have much to say to her at the moment. After all, they've been seeing each other in the majority of their classes all week.

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:08 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild rogue || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene headed out to the Dueling club exactly on time. She had an open 7th block, but had been so tired after a full day of classes that she had simply gone upstairs to change and promptly fell asleep sprawled over Jonah's couch. Luckily she'd woken up with a few minutes to run downstairs and refill her water bottle.

Down in the couryard, Sonora greeted Jordan with a smile. "Jordan, hey!" She turned her attention towards him, sending the little charm flying at him with a wandless "Depulso." It wasn't particularly fast--more like throwing it to him rather than an attack, which she had definitely done before in duels. "I thought of a bunch of fun things we could do over the summer," she said with an almost mischievous smile. "What do you think of--"

"A TOURNAMENT? Aidene jumped in, arriving just in time to greet the seventh years that were already there. Her Combat Training Trifecta-- Tuesdays martial arts, Wednesdays dueling, Thursdays fencing--had given her a wonderful new scheme to propose when she wasn't busy with other clubs or quests--and that pesky thing called homework. "And we could do special divisions like wandless dueling or all-for-ones."

Sona laughed. "It sounds like you have a plan?"

"I do! It's called 'Actually Beat Vinny!' because it's my last year to," Aidene brought up her yearly goal of beating Vinny. She was lucky if she got a few clean hits in on any of the seventh years, but she certainly didn't lack for enthusiasm. "So! Old people, which one of you wants to help me train for the boss?" she grinned, issuing her challenge with a light-hearted joke.

kiska166

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A time will come
When you'll have to rise
Above the best and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies!

~"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:27 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Jordan Scheer
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Hufflepuff - Chaser
                                              ╚══════════════════════════╝

It wasn’t like Jordan hadn’t expected Sonora to greet him with an attack, but he just didn’t expect it to be that quick into their meeting. His wand was tucked away, but he was still ready to counter it wandlessly with “Finite.” Just as quick as the spell had been cast, it had been countered. “Do some of those things include ambushing a poor, defenceless lad with a charm as soon as he walks into the meeting?” he asked jokingly. He supposed he wasn’t that defenceless, considering he was able to counter the spell without a problem.

Jordan almost jumped up when Aidene entered. “Jesus, Aidene. Have you ever thought about bringing your voice down just a touch, so you don’t scare everyone in ear shot?” The seventh year really thought he would have gotten used to the girl by now, but she still manages to creep up and scare the living s**t out of him. Looking over at her, he listened to her idea, but didn’t say anything. It sounded like fun, and he could always use some extra help with his wandless magic considering he hadn’t any problem with using his wand. “You do realize we’re only three years apart, right?” he asked with a grin as he approached the Ravenclaw. “I’ll take you on.”

addaellis

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces