Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Essence de Soleil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick nods slightly in agreement about hip-hop, "There are so many genres out there nowadays that its neigh impossible like them all" he said. "In such cases I focus on particular artist or band that are the exceptions" he added. From time to time that is how they stand out to him usually by hearing their work by chance. He wasn't impressed by the unveiled statue, but it did got him briefly reminiscing about when he first learned how to sculpt wings.
Looks to Benjamin listening to him speak once more, "Wouldn't be surprising how their popularity fluctuates" he said with an accompanied chuckle. "Hmm, no one in particular statue wise. All I want to really look at is you, Benjamin" he said boldly. "I think I said something cheesy or embarrassing just now" he thought, but he doesn't look away from the other male despite the light blush that formed on his face.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: reminiscing.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:23 am
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1304 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Benjamin wasn't expecting Patrick to take his words in a different way. Judging by the blush on the brunet's cheeks, it was either with embarrassment or because the other was starting to have a crush on him.”I have to say, that was quite bold of you. But best to appreciate the true friendships that you have first before delving into something deeper. We just first met in this place, after all,” he advised. It was mainly because of the fact that he had his past flings which ended up not lasting long. Plus, there was still the lingering doubts about Erin. While it seemed that the half-demon was starting to move on, but it wouldn't change the fact that he was feeling past regrets. He didn't want Patrick to undergo the same mistakes as he did.

”Let's see if we are allowed to take pictures,” he said, changing the topic. Thankfully, pictures were allowed, but touching of the actual merchandise was not allowed. He then picked up his phone, checking the battery first. Still enough for five hours, which was a relief for Ben. With that, it didn't take long before he used the camera app to snap a shot of that Annunciation statue.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: startled, back to being talkative
Company: everyone inside, talking to blind date for the day (Patrick)
Money: $100.00 (Wallet); $1500.00 (Bank)
OOC: sweater as part of his blind date outfit

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:20 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick was confused by Benjamin’s response because he never heard of something like it before. “Did I just get shoot down and got what they call ‘friendzoned’. Guess I should saw that one coming with how much we had in common. Would have to be miracle anyways for a second date to be possible. That guy was my only chance in the dating life. At least I know now. Can’t let my emotions drop too low especially in public” he thought with a sigh of disappointment. “Can’t trust friendships in this city. Always leaves me to be abandoned early in the friendship. Always me putting in the effort and I rather not go through with that ever again” he said honestly from experience and it has happened several times.
His focus splintered he was reaching his limit sooner than usual. “You go ahead, I don’t own a cell phone. I need to visit the bathroom” he said before walking off. Wasn’t going to sneak out, but he was tempted as he made his way to the men’s restroom. Lucky for him it was currently empty and even so he didn’t care to look at himself in the mirrors. Didn’t want to see how the facial expression he was making because he was sure it was less than calm. Avoided touching the counter in case he wasn’t in control of his abilities as he expects he is. “Never going to go on a blind date again I failed at dating again, but I’m not going die over it this time. I have Hiro and Kenzie” he muttered to himself. A few moments later, “Better go end the date and go straight home” he decided then exited the restroom to do just that.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: disappointment ad crestfallen.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:34 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Seeing Patrick react to his words was a bit uncalled for, but before Ben could apologize to him, his blind date walked off to the restroom. His happy expression shifted to a crestfallen frown. Did he go a bit too far with what he advised towards the brunet? Or it might be that Patrick took that the wrong way and assumed much worse? He sighed inwardly. There was a point in which he couldn't change what the others would act towards him, more so when Ben had to speak the truth. With that, he ended up taking a few pictures of the statue. But only that because of the guilt that still resided within him. Maybe it would be best to just let Patrick calm down and clear his thoughts before the apology? That would be better.

So when Patrick showed up after being in the bathroom, Benjamin was relieved. Best to apologize now. ”About what I said... Sorry about that, considering that I am a bit too direct with that. I have personal reasons, but I appreciate the time here with you and you are a good man. Shall we start eating somewhere so that we can end this date on a slightly positive note?” he asked. The blond wouldn't ask too much of him. All he wanted was for the other to realize that he was willing to patch things up with him, that he was not going to leave the museum without clearing some things up with him. He wouldn't mind meeting the other again as a new friendly acquaintance if the other would be okay with it. Best to start with something small, right?

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: crestfallen, trying to patch things up with him
Company: everyone inside, talking to blind date for the day (Patrick)
OOC: sweater as part of his blind date outfit. Yeah, sorry about that, in case Ben indirectly ruffled his feathers a bit too much. He actually has some lingering feelings for his ex, hence the 'friendzone' part.

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:33 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

"No need to apologize. Better to know now than to be led on. Didn't have any hopes or expectations of this date leading anywhere. Just wasn't expecting that, but it still verify what I suspected" Patrick explained his reaction. Took a deep breath then let it out pushing away pushing away the bad thoughts for now and to stay in control of himself. Usually bad idea for him to think alone which is why didn't stay in the restroom for too long. "This friendship thing, I don't trust you enough to go that far. Would help if you happen to know someone I am acquainted with already. If we could start off as acquaintances and make it past three encounters then I give friendship a try. Is that okay with you?" he asked him. Most don't make it past two which is why he picked those conditions. "I'm not a good person. Can't promise a positive end, but I can promise not to cause a commotion" he promised and stuffed both hands into his pockets so he doesn't destroy something connected to his abilities by accident. "Shall we go?" he asked Benjamin.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: trying to stay calm.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:47 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Benjamin was glad that Patrick appreciated his apology to say the least. But still, he had a point about earning trust before the two would truly become friends. The half-demon was honestly curious about what happened in the past but decided to set that aside for another time once knew that he could be relied upon. The fact that the brunet was willing to change for the better, one step at a time, was music to his ears. ”I accept the terms, Patrick,” he replied, ”But before that...” He was able to take one last picture of the Archangel Michael statue to wrap things up at the museum. ”Then we shall eat,” he said before leaving the interior of the museum. Outside, though still within the proximity, a food truck was stationed, serving up savory Japanese pancakes known as okonomiyaki.

”I have heard of that before but never actually tasted one in real life. Will you give that a try? Hoping that we can pick the toppings so that you can choose something light to go well with the order,” he suggested. Hopefully, the size of the serving would be customized as well to avoid leftovers.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: relieved
Company: Patrick
OOC: sweater as part of his blind date outfit.

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Eyebrows raised when the terms were accepted and Patrick held back a smile. Watch him take one more picture of the statue. He was content with just seeing them in person. Followed after once the other started moving and caught the scent of the okonomiyaki as soon as he was outside. He nods, "I've had them before and they're pretty good. I agree to the suggestion" he replied. Been a long time since he ate anything Japanese related. "Benjamin, you can order first" he offered. Fished out his wallet before heading over to the food truck.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: mixed.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:18 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

He nodded at Patrick's words, approaching the queuing line that wasn't that long. The sound of the frying pan doing its work could be heard from a few meters away, together with the chopping motion of the knife as the vegetables were cut. The chef was definitely hard at work, but at least she was enjoying the task. ”I'll just go with the seafood one with shrimp and vegetables. What's yours?” he asked. Patrick may have a favorite since he tasted that before Ben would have a chance. It may be anything different or just the same as Ben's. While waiting, he went for another topic to keep the conversation going. ”So, you mentioned a pet cat earlier. How old is the feline at the moment? And do you have a picture? That is, if you have any,” Benjamin asked. Something casual as a start of something new. No word about serious topics yet.

Benjamin then adjusted the sleeves of his sweater. The ends began to land past his wrists so he had to fix it. Plus, the strap of his bag went a bit askew so he adjusted with a gentle tug of his hand. A little kid ran towards the father who was part of the line since he was playing with a spinning top to keep himself busy and was just finished. Benjamin took a glance at that scene; it was part of the childhood that the blond could never have. Books were the main thing keeping him company, especially with the past abuse and all that.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: reminiscing

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick stood near Benjamin when he made his order, "Cheese and sweet corn with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise" he said. He was very much pleased that the other brought up his kitten. "A few months old. I have a wallet sized one of him" he said proudly. He would talk about Hiro all day if given the chance. Since he had his wallet he showed it away to Benjamin. "Hiro is the living being I'm taking care of and I don't regret picking him" he said smiling. Took out the need money and expected some change because it was easier to do so use a single bill than exact amount. Put away his wallet afterwards and he thought the other was distracted when he saw him looking else. Decided not to say anything and waited for his order patiently.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: mixed.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1248.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The reminiscing lasted for only a few seconds considering that Patrick still deserved his attention. The half-demon was able to see the picture, the cute kitten being the main focus. ”I have to say, the cat looks magnificent,” he commented. When it was finally the time to order, he ordered also and paid for the food. ”To be fair, I hadn't considered picking up a pet yet. Any tips on pet management based on your experience?” he asked. Might be something from what's inside the book, so it wouldn't hurt to know a thing or two. Another thought came into his head all of a sudden. Maybe he should follow along with the similar steps to ask for Erin's forgiveness? That must be done, even if the result would be the same as what happened with Patrick earlier.

He found a bench to sit on once the food was collected, the paper plate feeling warm underneath his hands. Silently thanking for the food, he began taking in small bites of the pancake. Definitely best served warm, just like what was mentioned in the media.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: enjoying the moment
Money: $92.00 (Wallet); $1500.00 (Bank)

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:51 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

"Thanks" Patrick said happily. He paid for his own order and pocketed the change. "Me neither when I was first introduced to Hiro at 'The Cat's Meow' pet store. I had a choice a kitten or a puppy, but I have never been around dogs or cats before. I went with Hiro after given a chance to hold him and I was told cats aren't super high maintenance like dogs are and age was a factor for bonding. A bond with an animal lasts for a life time and having someone to share a huge with sounded better than living alone" he replied recalling his experience of when he first met Hiro. Followed Benjamin over to a bench after getting his food a moment later, but he didn't sit down right away on the other end of it.
"Based on experience I would say compatibility. Like considering your daily schedule because he/she depends on you for their needs. Getting to know each is to getting along. I was lucky Hiro and I turned out to be like kindred spirits when it comes to outdoors and being active and to explore new places" he said being very talkative. Once he settled down a took a couple of bites of his own food he spoke again. "Rarely get to share this fact, but I name him after an old friend of mine" he shared. "Have you ever attended those mingling involving just people in this city?" he asked him.

╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: talkative.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1240.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:08 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ben swallowed the food as he listened to Patrick's words in silence. The fact that it would take a while for the pet to know the owner better would be a fair point. ”I see. I should keep them in mind,” he said. Though Patrick still has trust issues, his responsibility taking care of Hiro was a strength that Ben acknowledge as a positive one. The half-demon contemplated at the mention of mingling events. ”I don't recall the exact details, but maybe once or twice. Been mostly busy with my own stuff to do aside from my job, but they are not that bad,” Ben confessed. As he ate a bit more of the food, he was grasping for what else to discuss. His plans to reconcile with Erin were a personal one, so best to keep that a secret from him.

”Perhaps you have your own share of experiences with such events as well. What do you think about them?” he asked. Maybe his opinion would be the same as the honest truth earlier, or it may be something else. He stared up at the sky; the skies were still cloudy but the rain had stopped a long while ago. The food had become slightly warm as seconds were ticking by.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: curious

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick hopes his tips will be useful despite his lengthy ramblings. He wants to help others whenever it is in his power to do so. "Don't think I've seen him in any of the ones I attended, but then again timing could be different since I don't stay for long" he thought after hearing the other's confession. He wasn't planning to say anything on the matter until he heard the question. "They're misleading. There is always two types of people. Those are meeting up with people know like its a hang out spot and those socially awkward. Don't like to interruptions conversations or bother anything if they are preoccupied. Not including the pet related ones I always leave empty handed and had reached my limit in being at a crowded place" he ranted. "There's one coming up, but I decided not to go. Do you plan to attend?" he asked him. He resumed eating and savored taste of it for a moment. He chuckles a little, "You're certainly good at getting a person to sing like a canary" he praised him. "I may not look and you may have noticed by now, but I'm a big talker when it comes to something I have interest in or myself or have a opinion on" he admits to Benjamin.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: ambiguous..mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1240.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:08 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Patrick had a point about some issues during the mingling events. Benjamin went silent for a second at the mention of the other mingling opportunity for today. ”You mean the brunch at Amour de la Mer? Mmmhmmm. I checked that out online before I left my house. I'll take a peek later if I can," he said. The blond blinked at the mention of that idiom. It was actually his first time hearing such compliment, but best to take those words on a positive light. ”I appreciate the compliment. So, what are the actual topics that you may be invested in? Aside from pets and music, I mean,” Ben asked. Maybe whatever else Patrick would be invested in result in conversations that would last a few more days. For now, the bare minimum would suffice.

He was finally done with the food after several more bites. It was a shame that he didn't have a water tumbler in his bag to wash it all down, but that could wait till later. What mattered was that the okonomiyaki experience was a good one with his new acquaintance by his side.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: curious

Genkawolf

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick decided not to comment on the response nor mention he is specifically stays away from Amour de la Mer. He was pleased that the other's reaction to the compliment wasn't anything bad as far as he can tell. "Art, gardening, food, exploration, outdoors in general, jogging, horror movies" he listed on first things that came to mind and his eyes lit up when he mentioned movies. Tried not to think too much about the horror movies because he used to watch them with his ex-boyfriend and his Christmas present was old horror movies. He finished up eating after Benjamin and he had made sure not to make the mistake of not talking with his mouth full. "I'm not tech savvy and the only tech I come in contact is my home computer and rarely the home phone" he informs him.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Essence de Soleil.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: ambiguous..mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1240.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:Benjamin.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces