Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:45 pm
Hiya...I'm Bird (nickname rather obviously..) anywhoo...so i'm "explode your brain liberal" and such...I live in the back woods of Upstate NY (a healthy dose of squirrel sammiches anyone?) so i'm in a VERY conservative area and it sucks but it's great to debate around here...although i have a grand total of 3 friends at school because (mostly) of my political views. I'm 16 yup I'm pro-choice cause well frankly i don't think this topic should even come into a "WHERE DO YOU STAND" type thing cause it seems common sense to me forced pregnancy being as rotten as rape...<-understatement of the year and i apologize  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:02 pm
Name: Lilith

I joined this guild after searching the site for a Pro-Life thread or guild. I just got an abortion September 28th & 29th, and I feel it was the most responsible and loving choice I ever made for both the child and myself. I hope I can help answers questions about abortion, give a good perspective in debates, and help others along their journey of both making the choice and going through with it. Feel free to PM me with questions, or read my journal about my experience.

ChemicalSoiree

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:25 pm
I'm a logical and reasonable guy. I believe that it is not the government's responsibility to regulate morality, and I believe that the abortion issue should be up to the individual who may choose to get or not get the procedure. Its really that simple.

I'm a libertarian. To quote their old slogan: "I'm pro-choice on every issue." I trust the free-market. People should do whatever they want as long as it doesn't interfere with anybody else's ability to do whatever they want.

Hello everybody.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:47 am
I'm Kallesh (Handle), I'm fifteen, living in the north of England. I'm pro-choice because I believe that people should be able to make their own decisions about their own bodies. I joined this guild mostly so I could discuss issues about abortion without getting flamed down.  

kallesh

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:42 am
SterileNeedles
Hello I'm Jessica and I'm 18 years old, I am pro-choice, a Christian, and a libertarian. I have a boyfriend now of two years and I have had a pregnancy scare in the past before, I took the Morning After Pill though (which also made me sicker than a dog xP) but prevented any possible crazy fertilized embryo monsters from implanting into my uterus which is where they do not belong at this time.

I believe it is the woman's right to choose whether to have an abortion or go through a pregnancy and no one should ever force her to make any other choice than her own. It's her right to do what she wants with her body and no one else's.

Thank you for allowing me to join this guild! 3nodding I am very happy to be here!

Hey! Your name is my name too! xd

@Everyone else: Welcome to the guild. Snacks in aisle seven. You break it you buy it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:24 pm
October Cross
@Everyone else: Welcome to the guild. Snacks in aisle seven. You break it you buy it.

I read that as 'snakes in aisle seven', then thought of that plane movie gonk  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Tragic Christmas
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:41 pm
MipsyKitten
October Cross

You too? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:27 am
Hi guys, I requested to join after searching for a pro-choice guild.

My name's Joy, and I do a lot of advice-posting on the Life Issues board. I'm in my 30's and when I was younger, I used to be very, very pro-life. So you might say I took a 180-degree turn away from that viewpoint, a very radical departure!

Here's what happened: back in the 7th grade, I was exposed to pro-life propaganda. Someone, either a teacher or another student, had left some extremely graphic flyers of chopped-up fetuses in the science classroom. Seeing these upset me so much, I became pro-life from that point on, because the pictures made me think that abortion involved sick, cruel people.

I became involved with local churches, and... sweatdrop even attended a pro-life demonstration in college. That's right, picket signs and all.

Anyhow, while in college, I took some women's studies courses, and in one of them, they said they were going to show an actual abortion on film. Well...for some reason, I decided to agree to watch it. I think at that point I was beginning to get skeptical about all the abortion propoganda and the things that the church's pro-life movement had said.

The film was very short, and needless to say, it was a complete departure from what I'd been led to believe. No screaming women? No buzzsaws, chop machines, etc? Nothing at all like that. After seeing that film, I felt...lied to, in a lot of ways. I became pro-choice after seeing it, and have been so ever since.  

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Jaithien

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:27 pm
hi thank you for accepting me. i joined because i am pro-choice but am having trouble in debates so i came here to learn how to debate and help keep myself updated on new laws and reserarch.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:45 pm
My name is Lizzy and I am 14.

All of my family (except me and my older sister) are extreemly pro-life. I have learned not to tell my family my views that a woman should have a choice, but I have also managed never to be swayed to their side.

I've read quite a few posts in this guild, I think I will like it here.  

Nekala

jade_spider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:00 am
I'm actually not really new to this guild, I joined several months ago. I just kinda lurk and read. It just came to me that I don't think that I ever actually introduced myself. Sorry!

My name is Jaimie. (I think this is the first time that I've actually posted my real name in the forums....) I am 27 years old and I don't really have a career at the time, I'm working odd jobs until I come up with the money to do what I'd really like to: design.

I'm not exactly pro-choice (but I'm not pro-life either). The guild mods were kind enough to allow me to join so that I could become better educated and thus come to have an informed opinion.

At this point my opinion on abortion is this: It is unfortunate that abortion has to exist. It isn't going to stop happening any time soon. And I believe that the government should focus on helping anyone and everyone with pregnancy prevention, that way noone would ever have to be placed in such a moral conundrum to begin with.

I am, of course, still learning the many levels of human rights and health issues involved so my opinion may end up changing. If anyone has any additional info they want to send my way, or even if you just want to chat and let me know why you came to your personal pro-choice beliefs, please feel free!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:21 pm
MipsyKitten
October Cross

mother effing snacks on a plane?  

Jaithien

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:57 pm
oh oh oh look at all the newbies. can I pet them! please oh please! I wanna touch em! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:38 pm
Gah. Totally didn't see this sticky before I posted.

My bad.

Anyway, I'm Maiira, and I'm nineteen years old. I'm currently a sophomore in college, and earlier this year I was coerced persuaded to join not just this guild but this website as a whole by my dear friend Asexual-Slut~Enya, who goes to school with/lives just down the hall from me (he also converted his roommate and mutual friend estucheron...maybe we'll poke and prod him to join this guild XD). I am pro-choice because even though I, personally, am uncomfortable with the idea of having an abortion, does not mean that I want the government deciding this for me. Also, just because you make something illegal doesn't mean it ain't gonna happen.

Also also, I look forward to the Lifer Bashing.  

Maiira

Articubone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 am
Hello all. I'm Arti, I'm almost 18, living in Australia (more commonly known as Steve Irwin Land, probably). I've been lurking in the abortion thread for the past 1000 pages or so... I'm big on lurking. xp

And pro-choice, of course. Because choice rocks.

*lurklurk*

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games