Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:43 am
Darkened Angel
I'm more into bikes.
I am a Biker as well. It's one of the closest things to flying an airplane. And its good on gas. Bikes all the way.

Except when it comes to the Judge, Camaros, and Chevelles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:05 am
Ultimate rebuttal of ultimate pwnage:

NO U!  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:07 am
One way to solve the problem of all your IE windows from closing is to nver open links via right clicking and saying "open in new window". Isntead, just open the internet up again and go somewhere else. That's how i prevent that little quirk from happening and closing five pages that aren't catalogued in the history because it hasn't written from temp to perm file.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:29 am
I know about the new window thing. I just don't get why it works the way it does.

This is just one of MANY reasons that if it comes to Vista only for Windows, I'm going Linux.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:05 am
the only way vista is going to be the only OS is if Microsoft doesn't have it's phones backed up for five hours with complaints.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:09 am
Hi guys what's up? Im going to be leaving today so bye.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:03 pm
Does dumbfounding Nelo with the comment, " I'm packing DEs in my purse and DDs on my chest. " count as a victory?

That's also assuming Nelo was dumbfounded and not just " not getting it. "  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:14 pm
Beware of bones in your fish.

You know what's a shame? The various entergy and vehicle corporations bought up all the patents for the friction-less engine, and hover vehicles.

So much for having our flying cars and speeders by 2010.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 pm
Yeah, i've been curious as to how come we can't create an engine that can get above 20 mpg in most cars anymore. My camaro, an 8-cylinder sports car (got a new engine installed las week) has been running around and knocking down 29 in town.

It's sad when something with 8 cylinders and 420 horses suddenly is knocking down as much as a 4 cyclinder rice burner.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 pm
Apparently the government is gonna raise taxes on oil to help make it less appealing so that people will start to use alternatives.

Problem: All the alternatives are too damn expensive, meaning we'll all just be paying EVEN MORE at the pumps now.

IMO, they're just saying that to not sound like greedy bastards, when in truth, they know damn well we have virtually no choice.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:29 pm
Well the oil companies are making money hand over fist. But I don't see America cutting its demand unless we raise the MPG standards considerably, and apply MPG standards to pickup trucks for once.

Its ridiculous that our cars drink 20-30 MPG when the germans have made a bunch of cars that get as much as 60 MPG without going hybrid or electric.

Why can't we import some of that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:00 pm
Because they WANT us to use more.

More gas we use = more times we visit Mr. Gas Pump = More money in their pockets.

The greed of the oil companies may very well be one of several milestones marking the fall of America. At this rate, the middle class will suffer a slow, agonizing death as it's milked for every last dollar. Then what's to become of the economy?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:05 pm
Part of the problems about MPG i think is stuck in the exhaust. we've got so much crap blocking the car from breathing, it choaks its own gas mileage.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:24 pm
An exert from the biography of George H. W. Bush on wikipedia:

After graduating from Yale, Bush moved his young family to West Texas. His father's business connections proved useful when he ventured into the oil business, starting as a sales clerk[9] with Dresser Industries,[10] a subsidiary of Brown Brothers Harriman. His father had served on the board of directors there for 22 years. Bush started the Bush-Overby Oil Development company in 1951[11] and co-founded the Zapata Petroleum Corporation, an oil company which drilled in the Permian Basin in Texas, two years later. He was named president of the Zapata Offshore Company, a subsidiary which specialized in offshore drilling, in 1954.[9] The subsidiary became independent in 1958, so Bush moved the company from Midland, Texas to Houston.[10] He continued serving as president of the company until 1964, and later chairman until 1966, but his ambitions turned political.[10] By that time, Bush had become a millionaire.[9]

That, ladies and idiots of America, is why the Republicans won't raise taxes on oil. The answer:

Bush will be a FRIGGEN millionaire by the time he leaves the White House. His "personal fortune' as President is limited to about $400,000, to keep him from cutting into the federal budget. He's got tens of millions invested in oil.

By the way, I was thinking of the Thrawn Trilogy as the Sequal Trilogy. Here were my ideas for the new cast additions:

Shannon Baksa as Mara Jade
Robert Downey Jr. as Talon Karrde
Hugo Weaving as Thrawn

Chewie, R2, and 3PO would all be reprised by Mayhew, Baker, and Daniels.

I couldn't think of anyone to replace Han, Leia, and Luke, nor could I think of someone who'd make a good C'baoth or Pellaeon. Any suggestions?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:32 pm
Republicans might not, but what about the Democrats? Especially since they keep it up like Obama's a sure thing.

I hate politicians.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games