Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
!~ THE MOST SEXY FURS EVER~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 434 435 436 437 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron-_-Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 am

Diana Vulpes
FogSage

Orange and blue? IS HE COLORBLIND?! scream

They're on different ends of the spectrum. Thus, they do not go together.

Blue and purple would work, or green and blue. For colors to go well together, they have to be next to one another on the spectrum.

All of this has been implanted in my brain since day one of Art. If you disagree, take it up with my art teacher. razz

Fog, art teachers really don't know jack. All they teach you is their own personal style and tastes. There is nothing wrong with mixing colors that are not close together, sometimes they can give good contrast and balance eachother out. Personally I do not feel that green and blue go all to well together. Though, yes, purple and blue can work well together... but more so on girls than guys. xd

I actually think that those colors go well with him, they compliment his hair and fur. Green or purple might stand out a little too much and make him look tacky.
I have to agree with ya there Diana. Though actually I must say I enjoy the look of the blue/orange combination. But then again I'm also colorblind, so it probably looks like crap to you color seeing folk. xp
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:41 am

Garou_Jinketsu
I have to agree with ya there Diana. Though actually I must say I enjoy the look of the blue/orange combination. But then again I'm also colorblind, so it probably looks like crap to you color seeing folk. xp

Just how are you color blind? I know it is different for each person. Some just see certain colors differantly, other have the whole spectrum messed up in their heads.

Selene Aries

Iron-_-Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 am

Diana Vulpes
Garou_Jinketsu

Just how are you color blind? I know it is different for each person. Some just see certain colors differantly, other have the whole spectrum messed up in their heads.
I have very severe colorblindness. I still percieve color, but the entire spectrum is jumbled up. So colors look good to me that don't to others. Also because the spectrum is messed up for me, some colors appear similar that actually aren't to normal eyes, so I very commonly confuse colors. Just ask Rin, I'm constantly mixing up my warm colors.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:49 am

Garou_Jinketsu
I have very severe colorblindness. I still percieve color, but the entire spectrum is jumbled up. So colors look good to me that don't to others. Also because the spectrum is messed up for me, some colors appear similar that actually aren't to normal eyes, so I very commonly confuse colors. Just ask Rin, I'm constantly mixing up my warm colors.

Should have her put little sticky notes on all your cloths that tell you the actual colors. xd Funny thing, no one is really color -blind- they just precieve colors differantly than normal. I mean, all color is differant wave-lengths of light shining into our eyes and interpeted by our brain as either red, blue, yellow, etc. Though I can still imagine how irritating something like that must be at times. sweatdrop

Selene Aries

Iron-_-Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:51 am

Diana Vulpes
Garou_Jinketsu

Should have her put little sticky notes on all your cloths that tell you the actual colors. xd Funny thing, no one is really color -blind- they just precieve colors differantly than normal. I mean, all color is differant wave-lengths of light shining into our eyes and interpeted by our brain as either red, blue, yellow, etc. Though I can still imagine how irritating something like that must be at times. sweatdrop
I'm glad you understand colorblindness is just me seeing the wrong wavelength of light. Nothing bothers me more than when someone finds out I'm colorblind and the first thing they do is point to something and yell, "What color is this!!!" Then I spend the next hour trying to explain how I still see it, just differently.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Question!

Would anyone object to me putting the finished copy of Sirrus up here?

Apparently A FEW AFG members think he/I am sexy.

Vincent Darkholme

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:15 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they're on opposite ends of the wheel, doesn't that make them complimentary colors? And the reason they're called that is becaues they compliment eachother?

To be frank, it's really all just a matter of personal opinion. I don't have a problem with it. THe color I have a hard time with is yellow. I don't know why, I just don't really like the color yellow much. *shrugs* sweatdrop

And no objections, Vincent! As long as the picture follows the rules! heart
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Manda_Tifa
And no objections, Vincent! As long as the picture follows the rules! heart

Gentlemen,

BEHOLD

User Image

whee

Vincent Darkholme

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:21 pm

Egyptian jackal...now there's a fur you don't see all too often!

Nice picture!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:26 pm

Manda_Tifa

Nice picture!

Whythankyou~

That's Sirrus Rommel, My Gypsy Jackal Fursona. heart

Vincent Darkholme

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:04 pm

Vincent Darkholme
Manda_Tifa

Nice picture!

Whythankyou~

That's Sirrus Rommel, My Gypsy Jackal Fursona. heart

His right arm is ******** boss. razz

Were you even SLIGHTLY influenced by FMA? By Scar?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Technically Gyspies were not Egyptians but Italians that were mistaken for Egyptians and given the name stare

Leyla Giselle

Vincent Darkholme

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:09 pm

FogSage

His right arm is ******** boss. razz

Were you even SLIGHTLY influenced by FMA? By Scar?

I actually didn't reference FMA at all in his desgin; Mainly because th eonly automail you see is Ed's and he's much, MUCH too small to be a good reference image. I buil this arm from scratch by simply approaching a mechanical limb logically; Ball and socket joints and Fiber Myomers rather then hydralic higes.

His tattoos are actual Latin Alchemy Symbols I raped off of Google. it's supposed to mean in a general gist, since I don't speak latin "Death and Rebirth' and they fit into his storyline.

With a little creativity, bammo.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:12 pm

Tolera
Technically Gyspies were not Egyptians but Italians that were mistaken for Egyptians and given the name stare

Actually, the Roma, which is the actual name of the Gypsy race, are a uniqe subsect of peopel found in every country in the known wolrd, save the artic. there are more then 3.5 million roma alive in the world today.

They tend to marry into the local ethnicites as they go, and assimilate a but of culture (Such as the Cathloc Romani in Ireland) so you can techncially, have a Gypsy of any race, creed or in this case species, as long as they share some bit of the bloodline.

So who's to say that in furre-land that Egypt's jackel population isn't partly Roma?

Vincent Darkholme

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:15 pm

Vincent Darkholme
Tolera

Actually, the Roma, which is the actual name of the Gypsy race, are a uniqe subsect of peopel found in every country in the known wolrd, save the artic. there are more then 3.5 million roma alive in the world today.

They tend to marry into the local ethnicites as they go, and assimilate a but of culture (Such as the Cathloc Romani in Ireland) so you can techncially, have a Gypsy of any race, creed or in this case species, as long as they share some bit of the bloodline.

So who's to say that in furre-land that Egypt's jackel population isn't partly Roma?
I was speaking of the actual term. The Roma were nomads, and yes, every race and ethnicity and region and country has had them. But the ones labeled as Gypsies had come from Italy and were mistakenly named that because they were thought to be Egyptian.

ninja We should stop discussing before we get yelled at rofl
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 434 435 436 437 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games