Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:14 pm

And what happens when the finalist bouts are broadcasted?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Detre's not necesarily a heavy weight. I mean, yeah, he's basically a bi-pedal arsenal, upgradeable with just about anything small enough to fit on his hardpoints, and he also carries his own weapons, but he's also surprisingly nimble and light for something covered in pretty strong metal and shileding.

He's no Jedi, but thanks to his mostly droid body, going up against him is like going up against general grievous, minus the naval strategy, extra two arms, and four lightsabers.

Best way to take out Detre is to fry him whenever he's not carrying an EMP shield (which likely will never occur, unless you destroy the one he carries with him), or blast him with a heat-seeker or two.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:18 pm

ElladanKenet
Detre's not necesarily a heavy weight. I mean, yeah, he's basically a bi-pedal arsenal, upgradeable with just about anything small enough to fit on his hardpoints, and he also carries his own weapons, but he's also surprisingly nimble and light for something covered in pretty strong metal and shileding.

He's no Jedi, but thanks to his mostly droid body, going up against him is like going up against general grievous, minus the naval strategy, extra two arms, and four lightsabers.

Best way to take out Detre is to fry him whenever he's not carrying an EMP shield (which likely will never occur, unless you destroy the one he carries with him), or blast him with a heat-seeker or two.

Or cut off his head.
That usually works.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 pm

I think having a stun buton hit him would also work, anything that directly delivers electricity through direct contact would bypass the DEMP shield he's got.

stellarmagic

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Cale Darksun

She'll be in full body armor and under an alias. The only people that can identify her in the stadium would be Link and Bellum.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:23 pm

stellarmagic
Cale Darksun

She'll be in full body armor and under an alias. The only people that can identify her in the stadium would be Link and Bellum.

Paranoid much?
That light bit you said before cant really be aplicable in all that armor.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:27 pm

stellarmagic
Cale Darksun

Iust has met Calra before. He may be able to recognize her as well.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:28 pm

Compared to a hulking Noghri Cyborg? I still think Calra is the lighter one of the two. She might not be as light as Cale though, I guess she'll be the middle child of the tournament.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about Iust.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 pm

stellarmagic
Compared to a hulking Noghri Cyborg? I still think Calra is the lighter one of the two. She might not be as light as Cale though, I guess she'll be the middle child of the tournament.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about Iust.

Cale's a footnote in a history book.
You're talking about Link.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Man... I'm slipping.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:37 pm

Might want to fix that before the competition.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Updated Link's profile to reflect recent aquisitions.

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm

stellarmagic
I think having a stun buton hit him would also work, anything that directly delivers electricity through direct contact would bypass the DEMP shield he's got.
Yeah, but also take into account his reflexes. He's got the best of most worlds: beyond-wookiee strength, almost Jedi-esque agility, combined with his own.

And how would you got off his head? And with what? He'd have to be standing still for about 2 minutes before most any melee weapon short of any lightsaber or plasma weapon cut through. He's basically a Darth Vader with much more agility and strength, minus the Force.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:10 pm

ElladanKenet
stellarmagic
Yeah, but also take into account his reflexes. He's got the best of most worlds: beyond-wookiee strength, almost Jedi-esque agility, combined with his own.

And how would you got off his head? And with what? He'd have to be standing still for about 2 minutes before most any melee weapon short of any lightsaber or plasma weapon cut through. He's basically a Darth Vader with much more agility and strength, minus the Force.

2 minutes?
That all?
I need barely a tenth of that time to perform Sai Cha.
Infact, most non force aided swordsmasters can do it in roughly the same amount of time utilizing the ten-uchi technique (which involves two movements-a slice and an arm twist that guides the blade so as to cut through the resistance of the material they're attacking).

When viewed, the technique appears to be a single fluid (And swift) movement.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Hell just Calra swinging a pair of electrically charged swords would be pretty effective. Every time she connects Detre's electrical parts get a little shock and he moves a little slower and less controled.

But if Detre connects on Calra... Calra gets knocked down and has to get back up... Pretty evenly matched there.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games