Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:58 pm
FogSage
Let others braver and smarter than me go and get killed for some cause that shouldn't exsist. I want only to live, and I care not how or where I do it, so long as I preserve my life above all else.

I know this sounds cowardly and selfish, but man is an animal, just like any other. It is driven by the will to survive at all costs, and to have to be handed a death sentence by the government is not something I'm willing to do. My loyalty lays only with myself and with nothing else. Sorry.

Not specifically in reference to war and fighting, but...
Man is animal, but the ones you call braver and smarter than you are able to break away from primal insticts, just as one does when they learn the difference between right and wrong. Yet because you are man, as are all men, you're not able to do that?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 pm
Zella L.
FogSage
Let others braver and smarter than me go and get killed for some cause that shouldn't exsist. I want only to live, and I care not how or where I do it, so long as I preserve my life above all else.

I know this sounds cowardly and selfish, but man is an animal, just like any other. It is driven by the will to survive at all costs, and to have to be handed a death sentence by the government is not something I'm willing to do. My loyalty lays only with myself and with nothing else. Sorry.

Not specifically in reference to war and fighting, but...
Man is animal, but the ones you call braver and smarter than you are able to break away from primal insticts, just as one does when they learn the difference between right and wrong. Yet because you are man, as are all men, you're not able to do that?

No, I'm not. I'm not brave or clever or anything of that sort. And I refuse to be cannon fodder for the armed forces. I want to live, and if my life is in any way jeopardized, then I will leave and go where I will be bothered no more by it. Possibly to Canada, as they're neutral on pretty much everything, or I could move to one of those little island countries in the South Pacific.  

FogSage

Zella L.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:12 pm
FogSage

No, I'm not. I'm not brave or clever or anything of that sort. And I refuse to be cannon fodder for the armed forces. I want to live, and if my life is in any way jeopardized, then I will leave and go where I will be bothered no more by it. Possibly to Canada, as they're neutral on pretty much everything, or I could move to one of those little island countries in the South Pacific.

Good for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 pm
I am willing to fight and die for what I believe in, for those I care and love. To an extent I would even be willing to help defend my nation against attack if it ever came down to it. But, you see, here is the thing... the USA has not been attacked by another country since WWII. Do not even try and bring up 9/11 because that wasn't a government that attacked us, it was a private organization. Though we did promptly retaliated, the conflict in Afghanistan was not a war so do not call it one. Iraq was a war, but the war is over and right now we are just acting like police force over there and nothing more.  

Artemis Vulpes

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:02 pm
I'm gonna throw in my two cents here, mainly in agreement with Arty......

I support our troops 210%...but I will never join the military. The only way you'll find me in the military is if they reinstate the draft and then force me to join. My reasoning is thus: I will support my country 100%, but I do NOT support Bush and his little escapades overseas. If I joined the military, I would HAVE to fight for that cause, and I don't want to fight for a cause I don't believe in. People say "well, why don't you join the National Guard then? That way you can be part of the military, and you can stay on your own ground to help out." To them I say "What about all the National Guard units in Vermont that have just been sent overseas. If Vermont got hit by a massive ice storm, we wouldn't have half the National Guard we're supposed to have to help out the state in its time of natural disaster, because the National Guard that's supposed to be here, is overseas in Middle East." But if natural disaster strikes, who's to say that I HAVE to be part of the military to help out? I can volunteer for my country when it's in need on my own, I don't have to have a fancy uniform to do it.

Now again, don't get me wrong, I support our troops 210%, half my family and friends are in the army...These are just my reasons for not joining.

This probably had nothing to do with what you were discussing....but I felt like I had to say that....Sorry.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:23 pm
Man Manda, you just hit on something that has been pissing me off so much. The NATIONAL Guard is supposed to protect our nation, whether it is from attack from man-made or natural disaster. But where are the men and women that are supposed to be here, in this country, protecting our interests? In another country, getting killed, because our military is stretched so damn thin they need all the help that can get.

Keep in mind that right now our country is not at war. Our military presence in Iraq is to help them rebuild after we ousted Saddam and created anarchy. As well as now we are starting to send more troops back to Afghanistan because of the increased conflicts happening there.

On top of all of this there is now a country that does pose a serious threat against the US. I only pray that the global support against N. Korea detours them from taking any real action against, because if they do... we may truly be facing WWIII.

Selene Aries

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:01 am
WWIII is the shortest war..... and the most devistating.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:11 am
Last years hurricanes that devastated the south probably could have been handled better if they'd had the resources to clean up the damage....the National Guard....And where were they? Overseas.

On a different, slightly off-topic note: I LOVE THE JIGSAW GAME!!!! Seriously, Gaia made my dream come true there...I love jigsaws, and now I can make MONEY for doing em!! I just made around 700g....I did a normal puzzle and an insane one, and I had fun.... xd  

Manda_Tifa

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:43 am
Crenn
WWIII is the shortest war..... and the most devistating.

What a wonderful time to be alive. I'm really looking forward to THAT. xp

I was born in the wrong damn century. DAMN ME FOR BEING THE FASTEST SPERM! ><  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 am
Why do mantises dance like this?  

Shaviv

Shaviv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:38 am
FogSage

Military service is not a death sentence. The great majority of people who go to war also come back in one piece. Missions like the 1993 October raid on Mohammed Farah Aidid's HQ, where over half the soldiers were wounded, are extremely unusual.

If military service were a death sentence, how come I'm here? Going far back, my ancestors served for the King of Britain or the Tsar of Russia. A little more recently, they served the United States of America (one of them in a non-combat position, mind you, as he was blind in one eye).

I won't judge you for fearing a messy death or for not wanting to serve in the military. I don't like the idea of being shot, myself, or of serving. I will say that your ideas of war are... distorted.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:35 am
Shaviv
FogSage

Military service is not a death sentence. The great majority of people who go to war also come back in one piece. Missions like the 1993 October raid on Mohammed Farah Aidid's HQ, where over half the soldiers were wounded, are extremely unusual.

If military service were a death sentence, how come I'm here? Going far back, my ancestors served for the King of Britain or the Tsar of Russia. A little more recently, they served the United States of America (one of them in a non-combat position, mind you, as he was blind in one eye).

I won't judge you for fearing a messy death or for not wanting to serve in the military. I don't like the idea of being shot, myself, or of serving. I will say that your ideas of war are... distorted.

I will never, EVER be in the armed forces. The idea of having to go through basic training is bad enough, but combine that with learning how to shoot and kill people is even worse. Besides, if they come for me, I won't hesitate to get dishonorably discharged by saying I'm a homosexual. I don't care, honestly. I'd rather be free to live my life without having to fight in a war that I didn't ask for.  

FogSage

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:40 pm
In about 2 hours, I begin my first exams. Wish me luck.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:53 pm
Shaviv
rofl I don't know but they sure seem to go "wtf" if you try to mimic them~!  

UglyCoyoteNG

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
Shaviv
rofl I don't know but they sure seem to go "wtf" if you try to mimic them~!
They do it because they are just that cool. cool

I've always called that motion, the mantis sway, and they do seem to do it a lot. They do it while stalking their prey, when excited, nervous, happy, curious, and a just randomly. Why? well I believe it has to do with an inborn instinct to mimic motions of sticks/grass swaying in the wind. In their natural environment, mantises often hang out on plants, and plant leaves sway back and forth in the wind. Thus mantises would mimic the motion as they travel amongst the leaves. Lot more successful sneaking up on prey and avoiding predators that way than just running about.

It also isn't the only plant motion they mimic. When startled, a mantis will often reach straight out with its claws and antennae, and flaten itself to the ground. They go completely riged when doing this, all in an effort to look like a stick. If a predator pokes them or gets to close, they have even been known to release their hold and fall to the ground in the same position mimicking a stick breaking off and falling to the ground. Yep, mantises like to pretend to be vegitation, a lot. XD  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games