Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Without the Force, Darth Vader is not scary.
He may be strong, but he can be damaged and defeated.
Its happened before.
Multiple times as a matter of fact.
While you may be faster and stronger, you can be defeated by someone who's competant with their weapon of choice.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Cale Darksun
Without the Force, Darth Vader is not scary.
He may be strong, but he can be damaged and defeated.
Its happened before.
Multiple times as a matter of fact.
While you may be faster and stronger, you can be defeated by someone who's competant with their weapon of choice.
Vader's not scary because he's not machine. he's just a broken man in a suit of armor. Yeah, he can move around, but minus the Force, he's nothing.

Detre on the other hand, doesn't need the force. He's more than a suit of armor. His body IS the suit of armor. Mechanized. That's why he has the EMP shielding. A single emp wave would fry his body, and he's screwed.

He doesn't need the force to move his body like vader did, even with the use of prosthetics and nerve-wires. Detre's got far more than what Vader had.

Vader could get out of his armor. Detre can't.

Making any sense? Being stabbed with a vibroknife like Vader won't work. Detre's not slow or clumsy. He's a new-age Grievous. He's not limited by his body at all.

His only limitation is his dependancy on his body and his EMP shielding. Cut off his life support, and he dies. He can't survive outside of his armor. Period. He loses his EMP shielding and he gets hit by a blast, and he might as well die.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:35 pm

If you think stabbing an armored opponent with a vibroknife is a futile gesture, then you know nothing of Renaisance combat.
Often times the knife is the only way to take down such an opponent.
Medieval Knights were neither slow or clumsy either. The full armor they wore was very flexible and offered a frightening amount of protection on top of that, making for a lethal fighting machine. They could even stand up from a prone position in it.
Often the only way to take down a knight was to bash them repeatedly with a heavy object(Something that would take time) or stab them in the visor or armor joints with a knife.

Detre can be defeated with a vibroknife. It all depends on where you stab him with it.
Joints, exposed components, even stabbing him in the eyes would work.
And if you call me a liar, then I call shinnanigens on you.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 pm

What you're trying to make detre into is an unstoppable killing machine.
Thats Godmodding EK.
While I understand that Detre is a tough opponent, I also understand that he can be defeated. You're trying very hard to disuade me from thinking the last part.
If you create an invincible monster, then you're godmodding.
Simple as that.
Link is just a Masterswordsman. Iust is just a drugged up assasin. and Calra is just a warrior Raptor woman. All can be defeated.
But by what you say, Detre cant be defeated.
Correct?
From my position as a mod, theres a problem with that.

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Cale Darksun
Thats Godmodding EK.
While I understand that Detre is a tough opponent, I also understand that he can be defeated. You're trying very hard to disuade me from thinking the last part.
Simple as that.
Link is just a Masterswordsman. Iust is just a drugged up assasin. and Calra is just a warrior Raptor woman. All can be defeated.
Correct?
Nope. Get rid of his EMP shielding, and let go an EMP wave, and he's toast.

Get through his armor and disable his air supply, and he'll soffocate without his clean air.

Not impossible. just damn hard.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 pm

ElladanKenet
Cale Darksun
Thats Godmodding EK.
Simple as that.
Correct?
Nope. Get rid of his EMP shielding, and let go an EMP wave, and he's toast.

Get through his armor and disable his air supply, and he'll soffocate without his clean air.

Not impossible. just damn hard.

Uh huh.
and your armor is composed of what?

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Hm... does this fall under the Min-max definition Cale? Maybe we should ask Nelo.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:52 pm

stellarmagic
Hm... does this fall under the Min-max definition Cale? Maybe we should ask Nelo.

Don't have to.
I've played RPs for well on 14 years.
This is pretty much min-maxing by my book.

correction. 12 years.

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Mostly duranium and the non-rusting equivilant. Basically the strongest stuff available.

I also looked up his bio on the OGG. His body comes with a filter system, so he actually doesn't have an air reserve when he's on an atmosphered planet. It's just whenever he's in space that he needs one.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:18 pm

so how much of his body is Duranium?

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Thats one heavy cyborg... how does he move?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:20 pm

stellarmagic
Thats one heavy cyborg... how does he move?

I'd have used a lot more duraplast myself, but thats just me.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:31 pm

Correction on that Duraplast remark.
Apparently durraplast is a metal. Not a durable form of plastic as it's name implies. stare
Use plastoid.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 pm

I wasn't sure what to use, so I used a crappy alloy.

Basically, what's the lightest, but strongest stuff on average? I thought Duranium was fairly light, but evidently not.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Research does help a lot.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games