Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:41 pm
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG
Shaviv
Why do mantises dance like this?
rofl I don't know but they sure seem to go "wtf" if you try to mimic them~!
They do it because they are just that cool. cool

I've always called that motion, the mantis sway, and they do seem to do it a lot. They do it while stalking their prey, when excited, nervous, happy, curious, and a just randomly. Why? well I believe it has to do with an inborn instinct to mimic motions of sticks/grass swaying in the wind. In their natural environment, mantises often hang out on plants, and plant leaves sway back and forth in the wind. Thus mantises would mimic the motion as they travel amongst the leaves. Lot more successful sneaking up on prey and avoiding predators that way than just running about.

It also isn't the only plant motion they mimic. When startled, a mantis will often reach straight out with its claws and antennae, and flaten itself to the ground. They go completely riged when doing this, all in an effort to look like a stick. If a predator pokes them or gets to close, they have even been known to release their hold and fall to the ground in the same position mimicking a stick breaking off and falling to the ground. Yep, mantises like to pretend to be vegitation, a lot. XD
scream I wish Queeny would start mimicing a carniverous plant and HUNT. talk2hand so lazy.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:48 pm
NG, I'll have the money for the art in a week or so. My workplace decided to stiff me out of forty bucks this week. =_= Those bastards......  

FogSage

Eddily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:05 pm
My day's been kinda meh. Had a midterm exam in English first class, which was bad. Although, going over my answers, I felt kinda better about it, kinda wish I had a dictionary. It's only 10% of our final grade, so either way it shouldn't be too bad, though I might have to drop the class anyway. Day was normal until I got home. For the umpteenth time, my sister left me her dishes for me to do. Also, she clogged the toilet which caused me to overflow it and get water covering about half of the bathroom floor. I'm not too happy about that. Other than those, my day was fine.

Yesterday was good though. I actually bought the 2 disc Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack and the 15th Anniversary package of Reservoir Dogs. There's a little mistake on the back of the cd though, they flip the last two songs on the second disc. xp I wasn't here last night cause I was watching the movie, still have around an hours worth of extras to watch. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:18 pm
I went to a small presentation at the New York Academy of Sciences, in 7 World Trade Center. It's a spiffy new building I think, and it's got the same awesome commanding view of New York City.

Anyway, while waiting for the talks to start, I doodled. It started out as me trying to draw my favorite subject of drawing, but it turned into three images: a rat, a cat with a set of chronic electrodes, and a female zebra finch perched on a finger.

Rats are easy to draw, though, at least in the sitting-up-with-their-back-to-you pose. You just draw a flat head with two ears sticking up, and then draw more or less a lumpy triangle. Draw a tail at the bottom. Crosshatch the tail (rats have slightly fuzzy, slightly scaly tails), apply fur details as necessary, shade appropriately, draw whiskers... done.  

Shaviv

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:47 pm
HOLY CRAP. I LOST MY pinkies. OHMY GOD. DID I LEAVE THEM OUT?! OHMYGOD. ;____;  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:02 pm
Meh. I'm feeling really sick of school. Burnt out and just not into it anymore. I'm not doing terribly this semester, but not as good as I've done in the past, and I'm sick of it all. I just want to be done and to work. I don't want to have to have come home to do more work and not get paid for it. College has been such a pain for me. I'm glad I came here and met my friends and stuff, but I kinda feel like I've been wasting my time with it. I don't even really like my major anymore, and there's nothing else I could study that I find interesting enough to pursue, or that I'm smart enough to understand. I'm just tired of this

I know I'm just bitching and all, and I'll be fine later, but I really just need a long time from school off. More than summer  

Af Mas

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:38 pm
Tonight sucked. I'm sick, coughing, and my voice is getting strained. But I was on drive through all night. And Mr. Manager That Doesn't Know What He's Doing was left in charge, by himself as the closing manager. Apperantly, someone told him to keep labor low, so he sent almost everyone home early. x___x We fell way behind schedule, and I couldn't do my closing job on time since I was stuck on drive through. And he wouldn't lock the damn doors when we closed! I was trying to tell him they need to be locked, he was all "I'll do it later" but we HAVE to serve people if they are able to walk in the door or our boss will be mad, not to mention it's not good to look like we're open when we're not. I finally got him to go do it...several minutes after we were closed. stare Ugh. Sick, menstrual, and stuck closing with an incompitent manager who I can't stand. Fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:10 pm
Oh, NG, I hope you find them!! Look everywhere!!! (not that I have to tell you that, I'm sure you've done so 6 times already.... xd )

I discovered something fun and semi entertaining. I can order a pizza online and PAY FOR it online....all I have to do is go pick it up! I love the internet..... mrgreen  

Manda_Tifa

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 am
UglyCoyoteNG
scream I wish Queeny would start mimicing a carniverous plant and HUNT. talk2hand so lazy.
How often are you feeding her, and how much has she eaten since you got home? Sounds like she just isn't that hungry. I would just stop trying for a day or two and then offer her some food. She won't be a bottomless pit till she is an adult mantis. Then if she is anything like Redrum, she will be strikeing at random leaves and trying to eat those. xd

e___e How on earth did you manage to loose a handful of pinkies?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:46 am
Af Mas
Meh. I'm feeling really sick of school. Burnt out and just not into it anymore. I'm not doing terribly this semester, but not as good as I've done in the past, and I'm sick of it all. I just want to be done and to work. I don't want to have to have come home to do more work and not get paid for it. College has been such a pain for me. I'm glad I came here and met my friends and stuff, but I kinda feel like I've been wasting my time with it. I don't even really like my major anymore, and there's nothing else I could study that I find interesting enough to pursue, or that I'm smart enough to understand. I'm just tired of this

I know I'm just bitching and all, and I'll be fine later, but I really just need a long time from school off. More than summer
Whooooooo! Join the I hate college and am sick of it club. If you need to vent, feel free to send me a pm and we can vent about our college hate together. xp  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:13 am
Manda - I think this room is starting to stink...ohgodrottingbabymice! eek

Kriss - Every other day, the smallest crick i can find. She also hasn't drinkin since i got her... despite misting, poking her to walk threw it, she just freaks out when she touches it, and jumps like she was shot or somthing. i tried ice cold water, cold water, room tempature, and slightly warmed water. she freaks every time if a doplet touches her...

as for the pinkies... i took three out to warm for Anry on monday, and i'm sure I put them back.. sweatdrop but..they aren't there now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:00 am
UglyCoyoteNG

Kriss - Every other day, the smallest crick i can find. She also hasn't drinkin since i got her... despite misting, poking her to walk threw it, she just freaks out when she touches it, and jumps like she was shot or somthing. i tried ice cold water, cold water, room tempature, and slightly warmed water. she freaks every time if a doplet touches her...

as for the pinkies... i took three out to warm for Anry on monday, and i'm sure I put them back.. sweatdrop but..they aren't there now.
Well I would cut her down on the eating. One every other day is more than plenty. Might even want to skip two days. Either that or you can offer a cricket and if she doesn't show immediat real attention in hunting it, then she just isn't that hungry.

As for the water issue, I've never had that happen. She must have had a real bad experience to freak out at the touch of water. Though make sure you aren't poking her forward when she walks through it. The walking through water should just be done with tiny droplets in the direction she is already walking. If worst comes to worst just keep misting. When misting you should notice little drouplets covering her claws and head. When she cleans herself off, she will get some of that water to drink if she wants. you could also try with an eyedropper up to her mouth. I have to do that with Redrum now a days since she is so excited when I take her out, she doesn't have the patience to bend down and drink when she walks in the water. Only trick with the eyedropper is you can't let them see it or they will be like. WTF (ninja mantis moves) XD Hope that helps some.

Did maybe you feed the pinkies and forget that you did feed them?  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:50 am
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG

Well I would cut her down on the eating. One every other day is more than plenty. Might even want to skip two days. Either that or you can offer a cricket and if she doesn't show immediat real attention in hunting it, then she just isn't that hungry.

As for the water issue, I've never had that happen. She must have had a real bad experience to freak out at the touch of water. Though make sure you aren't poking her forward when she walks through it. The walking through water should just be done with tiny droplets in the direction she is already walking. If worst comes to worst just keep misting. When misting you should notice little drouplets covering her claws and head. When she cleans herself off, she will get some of that water to drink if she wants. you could also try with an eyedropper up to her mouth. I have to do that with Redrum now a days since she is so excited when I take her out, she doesn't have the patience to bend down and drink when she walks in the water. Only trick with the eyedropper is you can't let them see it or they will be like. WTF (ninja mantis moves) XD Hope that helps some.

I'll try that. e_e; she seems to not want anything to do with water. She'll grab my finger and drink off my nails after she's eaten a cricket. e_e; i almost think shes tryin' to get the taste out,lol. I'll feed her every two days, then. The trouble is, is finding a cricket from my babies batch that isn't half her size, and could hurt her. Alot of my crix are so visiouse they'll bite YOU first! and it hurts! they're freekin' juggernots!

e_e... i only defrosted 3, out of the 12. The others shoud be in the fridge. And Anrys the only animal that eats pinkies. I threw them out after defrosting them the second time, because they were begining to cook and rot internaly. the rest where in a small brown paper sack.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:41 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG

I'll try that. e_e; she seems to not want anything to do with water. She'll grab my finger and drink off my nails after she's eaten a cricket. e_e; i almost think shes tryin' to get the taste out,lol. I'll feed her every two days, then. The trouble is, is finding a cricket from my babies batch that isn't half her size, and could hurt her. Alot of my crix are so visiouse they'll bite YOU first! and it hurts! they're freekin' juggernots!

e_e... i only defrosted 3, out of the 12. The others shoud be in the fridge. And Anrys the only animal that eats pinkies. I threw them out after defrosting them the second time, because they were begining to cook and rot internaly. the rest where in a small brown paper sack.

You guys have the most VIVID conversations.. rofl

Meph!stopheles

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:50 pm
I am terribly sad. So so SO sad. I looked at my feeding charts, and I relized I haven't fed spot in three weeks! I had accidentaly marked down draco's charts in his place. He ate twenty crickets, the little guy was starvin'! SO then I fed draco, and she ate 36! She was fed day before yesterday, i'm not sure why she was so hungrey...

Then I went to go look in on Anry. e_e and I am terribly sad. I am dissapointed in myself for beliving it would be this easy, and dissapointed that it isn't that easy. The reason he wouldn't feed? The reason he was so docile? He was shedding. while removing the shed from his cage he struck at me several times. e_e

sigh. Oh well. Gotta feed Fred & Suade.

NOTE: Fred = Blue Tongue Skink -- Suade = Crested Gecko -- Anry = Green Tree Python -- Draco = Bearded Dragon -- Spot = Leopard Gecko.

XD so many reptiles...  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games