Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:23 pm
ElladanKenet
I wasn't sure what to use, so I used a crappy alloy.

Basically, what's the lightest, but strongest stuff on average? I thought Duranium was fairly light, but evidently not.

Its heavy with a high melting point, making it tough to shape.
I was poking around and finding little.
Honestly, Durasteel would probably be your best bet. The stuff can take a glancing blow from Lightsabers.
Then add in some plastoid components: thats the material that stormie armor is made of. (The exact composition of Stormie armor is top secret, but Plastoid is a major component.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:27 pm
Will do. Thanks mate  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 pm
Vader's armor was Durasteel. If its good enough for him, then it aught to do for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 pm
Cale Darksun
Vader's armor was Durasteel. If its good enough for him, then it aught to do for you.
Just realized I already had durasteel sweatdrop

But I added the plastoid, so it's good.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:30 pm
ElladanKenet
Cale Darksun
Just realized I already had durasteel sweatdrop

But I added the plastoid, so it's good.

Plastoid can take a direct blasterbolt and still be functional. Its lightweight and durable.
Just dont get attacked by ewoks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:38 pm
I'm laughing at this.

Detre would be so easy to kill. All you'd have to do is move out of the way. The problem is the weight; with so many hard points on the body, the thing carries so many weapons, its easy to throw off balance.

Vader moves faster than Detre fully loaded; Take off the weaponry, and detre is worthless as well, as a strong slice could damage vital strutural support.

Hell, even hitting him hard enough would knock out some of the systems that he needs. Just a giant mace to the face and boom. No more detre..

Basically, if you have any skills at all, that thing is easily destroyed. EMP? Heck, that's nothing. Anything which can deliver a strong enough blow will knock him over.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:38 pm
The problem with your design EK is that Detre is given really strong materials for his body, and really strong materials are heavy and therefore make you slow.

I really doubt Grievous was built primarily with durasteel, or any heavy metal for that matter. The skeletal structure of his body was probably a hard metal, but Grievous is unarmored, Obi-Wan managed to twist and open Grievous's chest cavity with just his hands.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm
The chest cavity was damaged before hand by Windu, so it might not have been at full strength.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:41 pm
Still... in order to move as fast as he does he can't be an armored juggernaught.

Like what EK wants.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:43 pm
agreed.
Its either speed or armor.
Never both.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:46 pm
Well, I find at least 12 different highly exploitable weaknesses alone.

Mostly involving the neural relay system. Detre better be scared of an electrical outlet, because he's useless with a simple jolt. Static eletricity would be deadly (and I'm not going to divulge how to make it better; I did my research on Ferno, and I know how to improve the design tenfold).

Not to mention, the discription disagrees with itself. It can't be thin and heavy armored. It just doesn't work, because heavy armor equates to thickness as well as weight.

And what's this about darth vader "getting out of his armor"? Return of the JEdi anyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:48 pm
Glad I stuck with a Jedi Samurai...
Simplicity is bliss.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Nelowulf
Well, I find at least 12 different highly exploitable weaknesses alone.

Mostly involving the neural relay system. Detre better be scared of an electrical outlet, because he's useless with a simple jolt. Static eletricity would be deadly (and I'm not going to divulge how to make it better; I did my research on Ferno, and I know how to improve the design tenfold).

Not to mention, the discription disagrees with itself. It can't be thin and heavy armored. It just doesn't work, because heavy armor equates to thickness as well as weight.

And what's this about darth vader "getting out of his armor"? Return of the JEdi anyone?
What about? I said that vader COULD get out of his armor, in a controlled environment.

Detre can't.

I also mentioned in the post that he has stuff the lessens the effects of electricity and EMP.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:58 pm
Re-checked his entry. his armor is actually posted as being thin yet durable, so I'd say he has a little more than what Grievous had.

As far as his life support, AC, etc. he basically has what Vader had, just scattered at the various points on his body, instead of all on his chest.

He only has four hardpoints: one on each arm, and each leg. He also has his wrist-mounteds, as well as holsters for his knife and disruptor.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:02 pm
ElladanKenet
As far as his life support, AC, etc. he basically has what Vader had, just scattered at the various points on his body, instead of all on his chest.

That's actually a weakness, it'd have been better to have the whole life-support system at one spot where it could be armored and protected.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games