Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:27 pm

At least I was right though....

Though, on another note, next week in Math Class we get to play poker and roulette.

Its for statistics, though I'll defy them. Never play poker with me. My lowest hand is usually two pair or full house.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 pm

yeah. whatever.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:56 pm

hum. i wonder how the BoV will transition from 'family reunion' time to wartime...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:41 pm

hopefully successfully. without all you whinny a** bitches trying to knife me in the back.

on the plus side, only a thousand posts away from 30000 guild posts.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:43 pm

Hey, I didn't start shooting at you. A knife in the back is being nice compared to your agressive behavior.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:16 pm

That guy dosn't have a profile....

Zeke Ren

Dangerous Codger

HereticX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm

Form II: Makashi: 78%
Form V: Shien: 69%
Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad: 67%
Form III: Soresu: 61%
Form VI: Niman: 56%
Form IV: Ataru: 34%

Sounds about right, I guess. And if I ever got a Jedi character, I'd probably pick either Makashi or Shien.

Hey, why do they always say Makashi sucks against blasters?
Don't they say it's a style of precise blade manipulation? Wouldn't that make it good against blasters, because you'd have the blade exactly where you want it?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:35 pm

No,that dosn't mean it would.Hooray for ataru!

Zeke Ren

Dangerous Codger

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:57 pm

HereticX

Sounds about right, I guess. And if I ever got a Jedi character, I'd probably pick either Makashi or Shien.

Don't they say it's a style of precise blade manipulation? Wouldn't that make it good against blasters, because you'd have the blade exactly where you want it?

Makashi is precise blade manipulation. but that doesn't mean its the art of catching a blaster.

The thing is, with makashi, its precise movements are directed aroudn the sword... how to put this... Like, when blades are locked, makashi has techniques that will allow your blade to roll off and attack, rather than having to literally unlock, and attack.

Its the fine tuned movements when dueling. And its minute, precise movements, not necessarily grand motions (as in the case of deflecting blasters, which can have quite a large spray).

But Makashi is also a real old style. Actually, to be honest, I think the styles are chronologically numbered, oldest being first.. etc. When Makashi was invented, blasters weren't around.

It's like askign a fencer to block bullets. I mean, a sword can deflect the bullet, but its dependent more on luck than anything.

I prefer form III. You are invincible in that Form. Look at obi-wan. He only died because he wanted to.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:04 pm

Nelowulf
HereticX

Makashi is precise blade manipulation. but that doesn't mean its the art of catching a blaster.

The thing is, with makashi, its precise movements are directed aroudn the sword... how to put this... Like, when blades are locked, makashi has techniques that will allow your blade to roll off and attack, rather than having to literally unlock, and attack.

Its the fine tuned movements when dueling. And its minute, precise movements, not necessarily grand motions (as in the case of deflecting blasters, which can have quite a large spray).

But Makashi is also a real old style. Actually, to be honest, I think the styles are chronologically numbered, oldest being first.. etc. When Makashi was invented, blasters weren't around.

It's like askign a fencer to block bullets. I mean, a sword can deflect the bullet, but its dependent more on luck than anything.

I prefer form III. You are invincible in that Form. Look at obi-wan. He only died because he wanted to.
But your forgetting that he is infact,the third or fifth coolest jedi.Well...I think.

Zeke Ren

Dangerous Codger

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Obi-wan was my favorite jedi. Period. Classy, a true knight, the epitomy of Jedi-dom. He was teh first jedi we met, and probably the closest to being the face of the jedi.

Second comes Yoda. Though it isn't by much. Wise, a mentor, and funny grammar always makes a good character. He's in tune with the force, and excluding Episodes II and III, we got to see what I consider his true knowledge of the force. He didn't need a lightsaber, in my opinion. He didn't even need to use the force much, either, in my opinion. He is the soul of the jedi, living with the force, not using it as a tool or crutch. He only used it when he had to.

Third fave jedi, imo, is Echuu Shen-jonn. Total kickass, but I probably like him alot mainly because he's a character that is out in the dark, but also probably because he was quite a lot alike Obi-wan. That, and anyone who can go toe-to-toe against Vader is a good jedi in my definition.

Fourth would be Mace. Though I think his being a master wasn't due to his skill with the force, but rather the blade. Though he is the beginnning of a large trail and landslide of getting towards despotism...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:25 pm

My list is topped with Plo Koon,because he's just badass.He died in flight,the place I love best,flight!He had an orange lightsaber and skills to match it.Then there's that fact he's a Kel Dorian and in one of the first Ep.I games I was 'teh master' with him.

Then comes Yoda,because well.You coverd everything.

After that is oh.....I guess I'll go with the Togruta chick,for reasons I cant explain.

Then Obi-Wan.

Zeke Ren

Dangerous Codger

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:46 pm

Plo just was butass ugly in my opinion... it looked as if he had like, kelp for a face.

but the togruta chick you're just putting int here to annoy me.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:26 pm

I always like Dooku's style. fan of classical swordsmanship that I am.
hey Nelo who's Gamis?

Sol Walker
Crew

Zeke Ren

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:52 pm

Nelowulf
Plo just was butass ugly in my opinion... it looked as if he had like, kelp for a face.

but the togruta chick you're just putting int here to annoy me.
???What's this buisness about the Togruta?

And I'll let that comment about Plo slide.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games