Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Superhighway

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:59 pm
Hello, everyone!

I am T.C., a college student with a compulsion for grammatical correctness. (Safe to say, I am doing quite well in my Composition class.)

Besides that, there isn't much to say about myself, really. I'm not that interesting. But thank you for accepting me into this guild in spite of that! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:03 am
Hello.
I'm a 18 year old, Norwegian student. For short you may call me Icy or Luna. I've been a member on Gaia since the end of 2005. I love poetry, stories and fanfiction, and I love writing them. I'm also into word games, books (especially Harry Potter) and art.
I've seen the guild banner around lot and finally decided to join. I have tried to decipher "txt tlk" but I end up misunderstanding the whole sentence (or paragraph for that matter)
That was about all, if you want to know more, visit my profile, please.  

LunaWillowind

Devoted Lunatic

16,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Full closet 200

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:23 pm
Hi all,

I'm a 29yo Canadian gay man whose native language is French. I'm originally from Northern Ontario, and I now live in Waterloo, ON. I have a BMath in Computer Science, a discipline which reinforces the importance of correctness.

I don't particularly like to write, nor am I an avid reader. I find linguistics interesting, however, especially etymology. My other interests and activities include : karate, computing in its various forms, biking, shopping, tarot, astrology, and learning in general.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:42 am
Hello, I'm Alexia Angel, I'm seventeen, and I love to write.
I am into Soccer, Football, Softball, and Tennis.
I adore my boyfriend, Dustin, (Axium Vlor).
I am currently doing a petition for a literate type forum like we have GD and Barton Town and all.
I hope to make a difference in the world.

Alexia Angel Holtes

Damien Nocturne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:23 pm
Greetings all. I am Damien Nocturne; this psuedonym is derived from one of the many characters I have created.

I am 14 years of age, an aspiring author, and am glad to at last find shelter from the deulge of illiterate nonsense that is so frightfully common elsewhere.

I hope to write a full-length novel at least once before I wind up drifting off to another idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 pm
Hello, I am a 17-year old girl, who truly dislikes bad grammar. Unfortunately I live in town where education is not truly valued. Many of the people that I know speak in fragments, as if they were instant messaging someone. I am constantly correcting misspellings in the newspaper, on the overhead projector, etc. My friend's will tell you that I argue about everything, but I can't help it. I love to argue. You may call me lati or latina. Know that my name suggests who I am and know that I am proud of the fact. If anyone degrades me, becuase of who I am, let me tell you, that you will feel my wrath.  

latina2012

Hiril Luthien Tinuviel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:19 pm
Hey everybody. I'm Luthien, a 15 year old student in Minnesota, USA, and I love grammar. I must admit that while I am online, I slip out an 'lol' every now and then, but for the most part, I speak with as much intelligent thought as possible. I love all of Tolkien's work, and I'm also fond of the Harry Potter series. I like to act, dance, and draw (a little), but my true passion lies in singing, writing, and reading. I am a Christian. I plan on going to Bethel College for a degree in theology, but I don't much like school, and what I would really like to pursue in my life is marriage, motherhood, and a career in speaking theologically (primarily to teenagers, I think) and singing. Well, that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

By the way, I love the banner this guild has out. Highly amusing. heart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:43 pm
Hello, I am new.
I have two names, so you get to choose which you call me; Hannah or Katiya.
I love grammar, and I dislike people who don't use it, but I won't shove it in their faces.
Yeah, I am not sure what else to say.

merry go-round sex

Kayla Darko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:13 pm
I'm a 16 year old grammar freak from California.

One of the few who don't use "like" at least five times in a single sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:43 pm
My name is Jillian.
I am 14 in May.
I have black and red hair.
This is me.
I hate life sometimes.
At the moment I really do, but I am moving on with it.
I am usually alone, but I tend to enjoy it.
But Yeah, Whatever.
I like wearing black, and I have braces.
I am easy to get along with, if you want to get along with me.
Don't like me? Then don't talk to me.

JillianMazz

Alicinfia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:40 am
Hello.

My name is Alicinfia (Really- that is what is says on my birth certificate; my mother was a bit...flamboyant).

I'm a grammar freak, which is obviously why I'm here.

To talk with people who haven't completely massacred the English language.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:08 pm
Hello. My name is The Enlightened Penguin but you may call me Pengy. I'm not exactly a stickler for grammar but I get incredibly annoyed when somebody doesn't type/write something the way it's supposed to be. sweatdrop  

The Enlightened Penguin

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ShyBFly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:18 pm
Hi people. My name is Alanis and I can spell. Two points! wink I'm a little older than the majority of people in Gaia and I do not understand all the "txt tlk". I love to read a lot of different kinds of books. I only keep the ones I know I'll read again and again. I have read the entire Harry Potter series and the Lord of the Rings trilogy at least twice. I like playing online games, sewing, singing, and playing with money. I work at a bank and I love it. I'm glad I found this guild. I was starting to think I was the only one that capitalized "I" anymore. lol Oh, and I'm a very sarcastic person so I always use emoticons to try to express myself a little better. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:24 pm
Greetings to you all from the Dragon,

Let me start by saying "txt tlk" drive me batty.

I'm dislisxic(sp?) and it effects my spelling, so I can not complain about others with true problems with spelling or the random typo.

I am older than the normal gaia-user as I am staring down the barrel of the 30 gun. I'm a mother of three boys and am enoying impressing on them my love of reading. I read more than 5 novels a month and write RP and other things.

I am glad to see people pulling together to stop the lazyiness that is infesting the internet.

Wind to your wings and good hunting,

Moondragon  

TheMoonDragon

duello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:37 pm
Hallo de camp,

I’m Duello, named after the Codex Duello, the original dueling codes that turned senseless blood shed into civilized combat. I’m a creative writing major at a small art school in New England. I specialize in poetry and speculative fiction. I’ve been known to have a lot of run on sentences in my writing, but it’s mostly the result of studying Cicero’s speeches for a year. In Latin, entire paragraphs the size of this one are all one sentence.

Anyway, I got really annoyed at seeing so much poetry being written in chat-speak, or what you’ve entitled “txt tlk.” I find it irritating, when using AIM, to see my friends replacing simple three letter words with a single lowercase letter. However, when it begins to infiltrate my art form, and I see it invading my literary field, that’s when I draw the line and say something must be done. I can understand the need for acronyms, and I use them often, but there is a difference between writing out “RAM” for “Random Access Memory” and writing out “u” for “you.” It is the distinction between convenience and laziness.

In other insight, I am a whipsman, with an obsession with antique weaponry, particularly melee weapons, although ranged weapons have their own beauty. I am a Renaissance Faire enthusiast, and I have a deep-rooted obsession with dragons. I try to read often, however lately my work has been getting in the way.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games