Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 pm
User Image
{"Is this what friendship really feels like?.."}'-,,-'{ Thomas Doyle Findeler }'-,,-'{"...I always pictured it differently!"}
[ First-year ]

It had been the object of his thoughts on the boat ride over, just what house he'd be sorted into; that was what was on his mind as the dim latern-led rowboats, that seemed to propell themselves without oars, reflected gently in wavy streams on the surface of the lake. But as soon as he'd entered the extravagant hall all the students and facilty had gathered, his mind was lost of worry and filled with wonder. The ceiling caught his attention immediatly; there must have been dozens, no, maybe hundreds of charms at work up there, and Thomas found himself lost in the void above him. Only when he nearly collided into Yia had his attention returned to the task at hand, and he quietly took his seat, glancing up; peering really, at the sorting hat peering right back and him, and all the other youth that would soon be taking the plunge into the world of splendor that awaited.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm

Stoic and sarcastic. I'm intelligent and hold a certain distance from people. I'm more likely to take to locking myself away with a pile of spellbooks and recipies, than seek out companionship in others. Thomas is suprisingly focused for his age, and dedicated himself to the prospect of attending the prestigous school since he first heard his father utter the words, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:46 am
Loki Cook
First Year
Unsorted
]

Loki stuck a piece of paper in her book and tucked it under her arm. She smirked at anyone giving her a funny look. Books were her best friends, it wasn't as though people ever came through for her. Looking around, it took all she had not to stare at the ceiling. Fascinating, she would have to figure out how they did that.
Hearing her name called, she gracefully moved through the other first years and up to the stool. Turning she placed the hat on her head and sat.

People say in a nutshell that I am hard working, stubborn and have a very high temper. I do not have very high patience for people, having been bullied previously. I prefer to read. However I do get a kick out of using my theater skills and getting people to do what I want. I go to bed late, sleep late unless it comes to class. I am always on time with my stuff out ready to work.  

Loki_Cook

1,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:20 am
Hello, my name is Einrí Farren. People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a mischievous person who loves to play tricks; especially on my sister, twin, and my friend Scorpious. They also say that I seem to be the more intelligent and responsible twin. I would rather read than wrestle my brother Loch, although occasionally I do love a good fight. Reading books much higher than my level is my specialty. I especially love to read and solve riddles and puzzles.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:21 am
Hello my name is Lochlainn Farren. People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a mischievous person who loves to play tricks; especially on my sister, twin, and my friend Scorpious. People say that I am the more fun and evil twin. I am a bit mad...only when I get angry of course. Comparing to my twin, I may seem less intelligent and more reckless. It is all in good fun. I am actually only slightly less intelligent than Ein, but I am indeed reckless and get into many scrapes; I am always willing to start, join in, or end a fight.  

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
The Acacia Triplets

JasmineZaneErianthe

The triplets walked into the Great Hall amazed at what they saw. Each was eager to find out what the future would hold for them. The next few minutes could be potentially life changing. They didn't have to wait to be called, since they were toward the begining of the alphabet. Erianthe went first, followed by Jasmine and Zane.

Erianthe

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm delusional. Muggles might call it Schizophrenia, but I'm really not that bad! I read something that said it's where you see things and hear things that aren't really there. As far as my personality goes, I'm really kind, but I'm also stubborn. I have to be since my sister constantly blames me for stuff I didn't do.

Jasmine

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm almost as stubborn as my father. I often have to have things my way, and I'll do almost anything to get it. Of course, I don't go too out of control. I'm really caring toward my siblings, though I often use my brother as a scapegoat. Oh yeah, and if anyone says anything mean to my sister I'll kick their butts!

Zane
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quieter than my sisters, but they always say that I'm up to something. I'm fairly smart and I use that knowledge to get a good laugh, however, I'm not completely uncaring. I love the people who gain my trust, and I would never turn my back on them. That's why I appear to spend so much time protecting Erianthe. I could really care less at times.

✿Live life for the purpose of living. It's no fun for anything else!
♠ If only they could see me for who I am.
❦They claim to hear my words, but do they really listen?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm
{HALVINE | CLENORE}

Not yet sorted

As soon as they reached the grounds of his new home, Halvine felt a surprising rush of relief. His owl obviously shared the feeling, as he intuitively pushed off Halvine’s shoulder and disappeared into the falling snow, no doubt off to the owlery. “Goodbye to you too,” the boy muttered, pulling his coat tighter around him. With growing excitement, he followed the other first years to the great hall.

Taking a seat on the stool like the others before him, Halvine closed his eyes and concentrated on keeping his mind blank like his father had taught him. The Hat would find what it needed.

"People say that, in a nutshell, I'm overly confident. I’ve been told that I’m extremely charming, but it’s not something that I strive for. Depending on who you ask, I suppose the same charm could be described as cockiness. I try my best to be friendly, but I become easily bored; if you don’t interest me the first time we meet, you probably shouldn’t expect a second meeting. If something or someone catches my eye, I can be very cunning and calculative in my pursuit, but to be honest, it’s rare that anything fascinates me enough to rouse any kind of effort on my part."

Ms.Green Apple

3,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Tetsurga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:50 pm
Raleigh kos
||+||Sorcerer||+||Height: 4'6”||+||Weight: 80lbs||+||Age: 11||+||Hair: Blond||+||Eyes: Blue||+||Theme of the Moment||+||
”If life gives you lemonade, make lemonade. Take the lemonade and sell it so you can buy more lemons then what you had before. Rinse, repeat; finally, saddle your cousin Jim with the costs while you run off into the sunset with the profits.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image

Raleigh saw a bunch of students clearly looking nervous as they approached the hat. He wasn’t sure why, after all the hat dealt no pain nor insulted anyone. And it never revealed the conversations it had with those it sorted. So, when it was Raleigh’s turn to walk up the hat, he did it with a smile. An easy gait, he knew that likely he could end up in Gryffindor for his devil may care attitude. Or perhaps Ravenclaw, for the ingenuity of his pranks and the fact that he was, if you listened to his detractors, a smart boy who really should focus more on important matters. Hell, he could even be Slytherin for the more devious aspects of his nature.

Still, no sense worrying about it or getting concerned about how his parents might react depending on what house he got into. They were his parents, more likely they might be slightly disappointed of pleased. In the end though, they would love him the same cause he was their kid. It was a calm relaxed kid who put on the hat ready to face the possibilities ahead.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a happy and energetic child with a mischievous side. Nevertheless, they always bemoan the fact that I’m smart since it just makes my pranks far more effective.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is merely the first step of the wizard who will become known as the Red Hawk. His future uncertain, he could become a force for good and justice; or he could be twisted by his desires and become a festering presence that darkens and poisons those around him. Only time will tell what kind of Raleigh Ákos will become.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 pm
Miranda Alden
||+||Sorceress||+||Height: 4'2”||+||Weight: 78lbs||+||Age: 11||+||Hair: Brown||+||Eyes: Blue||+||Theme of the Moment||+||
“Breathe, relax and calm the mind; focus. With precision, anything can be achieved.”

User Image

Miranda had had no idea what to expect, truly she did not think the sorting was handled by a magical talking hat that looked like it would fall apart if someone sneezed on it funny. She was really tempted to try, just see what would happen. But she wouldn’t after all, she was nervous enough about even being accepted to risk annoying the one who would be sorting her.

She supposed that she hadn’t really thought about were she would be sorted. Gryffindor was for the brave, Slytherin for the cunning, Ravenclaw for the intelligent, and Hufflepuff for the kind. She had no idea which one she would best fit, but she couldn’t afford to begin to hope. After all, Hogwarts could be wrong and this was a terrible mistake on their part. She still feared that she really was a Squib, why raise her hopes if they could very easily be dashed?

As she walked up to the hat, she hid her nervousness and apprehension well. As she got ready to be sorted all she could think was that she wanted to get in, she didn’t want to disappoint her father. She loved him too much for that.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm calm, but curious; with a strong independent streak. They say I’m pretty mature for my age, I think that’s silly. I mean who’s mature at eleven?

Miranda sees nothing but weakness when she looks at herself. However, bravery is not the trait of those without fear; it is the trait of those who despite that fear take that first step. Miranda has yet to realize her inner strength. The day she does, she might just become a force to be reckoned with. Until that day comes, she will step despite her “supposed” weakness to face the new day all the same.

Tetsurga

FatesMyBitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 pm
Bridgett Warren

Bridgett crossed her arms tightly across her chest and shook under her overly large robes. Her mama had thought she would be going through a growth spurt and so her robe trailed on the ground. She looked around and did what everyone else was doing. She stumbled and tripped, her eyes already brimming with tears. "Please please please tell me I'm going home. I just want to go home."

"People say I'm shy, overly nervous and self conscious. I want to make everyone happy and proud of me but I always feel like I'm just in the way. I'm more likely to run from a fight then face a bully and if I'm cornered I curl up in a ball and cry until help comes. I'm close with my siblings but I struggle with making friends. That is why I have a lot of pets. Pets are kind. They don't hate you like people do. I think they can sometimes talk to me but it is probably just my imagination. My mom says I have an overactive imagination but my dad says I'm just slow."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:13 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Essy A Dante
User Image

The hat barely touched the student's head before crying...
Slytherin!

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Motivated Suicide
Fiona O'Connell

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Motivated Suicide

Dana O'Connell

Gryffindor!

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:22 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Commander Aran
User Image
User Image

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:26 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Pathological Kisser
Hildy Balford-Nettlepot

User Image

Slytherin!

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Bug430
Devin Cloud- First year

Hufflepuff!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games